• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 6A State Championship(BOYS): Jonesboro vs. LR Parkview(VOTE)

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

LR Parkview
21 (42.9%)
Jonesboro
28 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 07:05:19 pm

Brian G

Details to come.

Brian G

Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

Can't imagine this being anything other than late Sat.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on March 11, 2014, 08:39:18 pm
Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

Can't imagine this being anything other than late Sat.

It would be my guess, too, but I was hearing PV/GW girls matchup would be Friday. I figured they would have both PV games on the same day.

Brian G

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on March 11, 2014, 08:57:14 pm
Seems like that would be great DH finish to me.

Not the finish, but back to back with GW/PV at 2:30 and Jonesboro/PV at 4:15.

ricepig

On to the game, this will be a rematch of the 2012 finals which PV won in OT. If my memory serves me correctly, Jonesboro had a late 2pt lead and PV shot an air ball 3 pointer, but put the missed shot in at the buzzer. PV then won in 2 OT.

urban legend2

sgibson

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2014, 11:58:24 am
On to the game, this will be a rematch of the 2012 finals which PV won in OT. If my memory serves me correctly, Jonesboro had a late 2pt lead and PV shot an air ball 3 pointer, but put the missed shot in at the buzzer. PV then won in 2 OT.

Jaylen McBride his a game tying jumper as the 4th ended. In the first OT is when the put back at the buzzer by Parkview happened. I also remember the questionable charge call against Kahron...

ricepig

Quote from: sgibson on March 12, 2014, 02:21:36 pm
Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2014, 11:58:24 am

Jaylen McBride his a game tying jumper as the 4th ended. In the first OT is when the put back at the buzzer by Parkview happened. I also remember the questionable charge call against Kahron...

Thanks, I knew it was one of those happy/sad games, hopefully this one is well played, too.

NEA Razorback olfan

mack

StormF5

Hey guys, new to the board just in time for tomorrow's showdown.

Jonesboro by 1.

Go Hurricane!

ricepig

Canes by 2, this time, we hit the shot! Parkview is good, very good, if I was setting a line, I'd favor them by 3.5. They are very good at the guard spot, and athletic across the front line. The game will come down to Jonesboro getting some much needed production outside of Ross and Pointer.

Brian G

LRP struggling to make shots and Jonesboro up 17-6 almost the end of the 1st.

Brian G

ricepig

Brian G

I'm not going to disagree.

FF poster picked this "upset" and advance to 9-3 with just two games left.

Brian G

BoxNOne

I mostly follow 2A in NEA but congrats to the Hurricane for bringing the state title back.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on March 15, 2014, 05:55:12 pm
I guess there was no towel waiving?

Nope, sure wish that PV fan that sat behind me during the J'boro/Benton game could be found. He told me all game long how they were going to eat up everything we did.   He said to look him up after the game, no-show??

Dragon77

Congrats to the Canes ! After watching the last two title games, this one was a sweet victory. It was a clean ballgame, with both teams played well. After the game, Coach Flanigan went to the JHS bench, and shook hands with the entire team. I enjoyed the display of sportsmanship. We cannot replace a kid like Ross, but we should have a deeply talented team next year.     

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas