• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, November 23, 2013, 07:43:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maclin on your girl

Another thing that hurt gw is that they didnt play a game since week 9. I bet their starters didn't play a full game combined with all three of this games.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on December 05, 2013, 07:32:17 pm
Another thing that hurt gw is that they didnt play a game since week 9. I bet their starters didn't play a full game combined with all three of this games.

How did it hurt?

Maclin on your girl

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2013, 07:57:25 pm
Quote from: Maclin on your girl on December 05, 2013, 07:32:17 pm

How did it hurt?

No competition until they played PB. Gw was prolly rusty but PB is great team & will win it all

the_kosher_pig

Pine Bluff had to play almost perfect to win that game.  You know what you'll get when you play Greenwood: great play calling, great execution, and really good athletes.  I don't think Pine Bluff wins that matchup very often.  They are more talented but have been inconsistent.  These two should battle it out a lot in the future.  El Dorado is very young as well.  6A should be exciting the next few years.

Wonderdog

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 06, 2013, 02:11:11 pm
Pine Bluff had to play almost perfect to win that game.  You know what you'll get when you play Greenwood: great play calling, great execution, and really good athletes.  I don't think Pine Bluff wins that matchup very often.  They are more talented but have been inconsistent.  These two should battle it out a lot in the future.  El Dorado is very young as well.  6A should be exciting the next few years.
maybe once the semi's roll around

the_kosher_pig

lol true.  All those 6-4 record teams get competitive this time of year.  8)

Baitshop

gatecrasher

Quote from: Baitshop on December 07, 2013, 09:37:15 am
Or 5-5, in Eldo's case....
Getting hot at the right time counts too. That's how a 9-7 Giants team won it all 2 yrs ago.

Sometimes I wish the nonconf schedule could be scattered over the last half of the season. Two years in a row that a tough NC early resulted in a slow start.
Last season I have no doubt El Do would have beaten both CF and SS later in the year.

Baitshop

December 07, 2013, 01:19:49 pm #208 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:24:11 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: gatecrasher on December 07, 2013, 09:44:03 am
Getting hot at the right time counts too. That's how a 9-7 Giants team won it all 2 yrs ago.

Sometimes I wish the nonconf schedule could be scattered over the last half of the season. Two years in a row that a tough NC early resulted in a slow start.
Last season I have no doubt El Do would have beaten both CF and SS later in the year.

Oh, there is no doubt that getting hot going into the playoffs is key.....

Both Southside and Fayetteville have won 7A State Championships from the 4 seed....and both teams only had 6 wins going into the playoffs....

There is nothing to say that Eldo can't win the SC with 5 losses...I just think that Pine Bluff will get them this time....

Also, I think that the extra week is a big advantage to Pine Bluff....the Zebras could have felt like they won the championship when they thumped GW at the Bulldog Palace, thus ending "The Streak" and putting themselves in the Championship game....having an extra week after that emotional win will allow the PB coaches and players to calm down and get totally focused for Eldo....

I also think that the extra week is a disadvantage for Eldo because of what Gate has said....they are a team that has gotten on a roll and have won 6 of their last 7....usually when you get on that kind of roll it is important to keep in the same rhythm that has gotten you where you are....then your kids don't have a chance to figure out that they are going from a 5-5 team in the regular season to a chance to be the State Champion....

I guess we will see next weekend.....should be a great game regardless...

Oh, and FWIW....Eldo would have lost by 10 or more to Southside later in the season...Issac Jackson played great the last 3 week of the season....he didn't play well at all in Wk. 2.....

xtremewildcat

Bait, if you sit on the PB side during the game. You are gonna have to know when to stand and when to start gittin buck!
Video of that will be at a premium.

Baitshop

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 07, 2013, 01:25:07 pm
Bait, if you sit on the PB side during the game. You are gonna have to know when to stand and when to start gittin buck!
Video of that will be at a premium.

What is "gittin' buck"

AirWarren

December 07, 2013, 04:09:24 pm #211 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:25:30 pm by AirWarren
Gettin buck is the the eldo/PB version of northern Arkansas "Git er done".

Lionheart88

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2013, 04:09:24 pm
Gettin buck the eldo/PB version of northern Arkansas "Git er done".
I've never heard of it.  You sure it's not a north Louisiana thing?

AirWarren

Pretty sure.

Depends on how old you are. Guys said it when I was in high school back in 00-03.

AirWarren

You ever heard the term "gettin BUCKwild"? haha.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas