• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPC @ CHG

Started by Hgalum50, November 10, 2017, 10:52:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 14, 2017, 08:30:47 pm
Yeah good teams usually capitalize on those lol.
Not trying to down EPC or anything. They always have a consistent program and that is something to be proud of.

Champ74

FBlife

Hgalum50

brown2010

sheepdawg92

i went to the Earle vs E.P.C game two weeks ago and they going lose for this reason. The coach call a good play to score on Earle supposed to by outstanding Defense. Then he never ran that play again smh coaches.

MikelB

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 16, 2017, 10:45:22 am
i went to the Earle vs E.P.C game two weeks ago and they going lose for this reason. The coach call a good play to score on Earle supposed to by outstanding Defense. Then he never ran that play again smh coaches.
You hit the nail on the head right there.  The play calling is mind blowing, call a play that you score on and then never call that play again but call a play that you lose ground on and just keep running that play over and over.  ???

sheepdawg92

Quote from: MikelB on November 16, 2017, 10:55:53 am
You hit the nail on the head right there.  The play calling is mind blowing, call a play that you score on and then never call that play again but call a play that you lose ground on and just keep running that play over and over.  ???
thats what happen when you as coach accept defeat just like our coach did against Mineral Springs a play was average like 7 yards play and game on line and he need 4 yards and he call pass play that didn't work all night smh.

Ron Jon

I was at the EPC /Earle game. The drive EPC scored on was with the wind and the drive was aided by 2 or 3 Earle penalties that kept it alive.  Trying to go deep on Earle against the wind was tuff. Good luck EPC!  Beat CHG.

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Ron Jon on November 16, 2017, 11:33:39 am
I was at the EPC /Earle game. The drive EPC scored on was with the wind and the drive was aided by 2 or 3 Earle penalties that kept it alive.  Trying to go deep on Earle against the wind was tuff. Good luck EPC!  Beat CHG.
don't you get two quarters with the wind so what happen...

SOUTHARK99

Good Luck Hornets stay healthy and stay humble. BTW I had a Sparkman guy tell me they were the reason the team was doing so well the past few years.  ;)

Ron Jon

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on November 16, 2017, 01:59:41 pm
don't you get two quarters with the wind so what happen...
Absolutely. Earle shut them down

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on November 16, 2017, 02:54:17 pm
Good Luck Hornets stay healthy and stay humble. BTW I had a Sparkman guy tell me they were the reason the team was doing so well the past few years.  ;)
It is true that there have been some very good Hornets who came from Sparkman, but our recent teams have had more success because we've got several very good athletes that can play several different positions and they don't have to play both ways all night.  Also, the nucleus of this year's and last year's Hornet teams played for Coaches Mark and Bo Ward in peewee football and they've been together since 3rd grade..........that's 10 years of practicing and playing together.  They've got history together and they've always been scrappy.  This year's seniors went 33-3 from 3rd grade to 6th grade peewee.  They expect to win.         

bdubyab60

What does it matter what we did against Earle. Hey we got 6 points and it went about like most folks thought. Like I said I just want us to go and play hard, leave it all on the field. I don't expect us to beat CHG. They are a darn good team and haven't really come close to losing to a 2A team this year. I mean they are now an experienced coming off a semifinal run.

We have a second year head coach. Had only 7 seniors to start with, 2 of those out to injury (one may be back this week) who knows. Had 5 or 6 starters quit because of basketball or suspended (for being stupid and poor decision making). All of those were skill positions players and we filled freshman. The juniors and Sophomores are mostly lineman.

Most teams that did that wouldn't have been expected to win a game after that. We beat Salem, CC and Lavaca after that. Couple of the seniors really stepped up after that and we have played decent ball.  Earle has pretty much made every team in this conference look bad.

So we will show up play hard and see what happens. Safe travels to anyone getting to go. And go Warriors

HG Hornet

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 17, 2017, 06:41:27 am
What does it matter what we did against Earle. Hey we got 6 points and it went about like most folks thought. Like I said I just want us to go and play hard, leave it all on the field. I don't expect us to beat CHG. They are a darn good team and haven't really come close to losing to a 2A team this year. I mean they are now an experienced coming off a semifinal run.

We have a second year head coach. Had only 7 seniors to start with, 2 of those out to injury (one may be back this week) who knows. Had 5 or 6 starters quit because of basketball or suspended (for being stupid and poor decision making). All of those were skill positions players and we filled freshman. The juniors and Sophomores are mostly lineman.

Most teams that did that wouldn't have been expected to win a game after that. We beat Salem, CC and Lavaca after that. Couple of the seniors really stepped up after that and we have played decent ball.  Earle has pretty much made every team in this conference look bad.

So we will show up play hard and see what happens. Safe travels to anyone getting to go. And go Warriors
That's exactly how we were when my son was a freshman in 2014.  I think we went 3-8, somehow made the playoffs, and went to Osceola in round 1 and played them a pretty good game.  Had we not turned it over 6 times in the 20 degree weather, we might have surprised them and won.  Hey, all the kids can do is play the game and get better the next year if the team gets beat.  Safe travels to EPC today............and to all the players, coaches, cheerleaders, and fans of every team.   

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 17, 2017, 06:41:27 am

You are right! Doesn't matter what y'all did against Earle. It is playoff time none of that crape matters anymore!

Champ74

Ricky Bobby

I'll take the hornets by 3X7.

cheesecake

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on November 16, 2017, 02:54:17 pm

there is not a Sparkman kid that get to get any pt. lol

HG Hornet

Quote from: cheesecake on November 17, 2017, 01:31:48 pm
there is not a Sparkman kid that get to get any pt. lol
Be nice to your teammates, kid.

Backwoods Bart

bearbacker52

lets go hornets represent well

Donnie Jamon

Game gonna get u g l y

NWA Hawg

Risonwildcat212

Donnie Jamon

Hard to tell. If Earle wouldn't jump offsides 10 times a game they could be very dangerous. CHG way more fundamentally sound.

razorcardsfan11

The wooo club in full effect tonight at harmony grove

bdubyab60

Well we will get after it next is all we can do. CHG took it to us. Good luck the rest of the way

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 17, 2017, 08:37:02 pm
Well we will get after it next is all we can do. CHG took it to us. Good luck the rest of the way
I'm not watching but listening...that RB of yalls sounds like a stud!

bdubyab60

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 17, 2017, 08:47:42 pm
I'm not watching but listening...that RB of yalls sounds like a stud!
He runs hard

bdubyab60

Hawgpilot

bdubyab60

Champ74

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 17, 2017, 07:49:04 pm
Hard to tell. If Earle wouldn't jump offsides 10 times a game they could be very dangerous. CHG way more fundamentally sound.

We didn't have any last night Boss.

bigbrew25

Quote from: Champ74 on November 18, 2017, 06:01:55 pm
We didn't have any last night Boss.
Just one that lined up in the neutral zone is all I saw.  They played very disciplined.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas