• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPC @ CHG

Started by Hgalum50, November 10, 2017, 10:52:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hgalum50

Don't much about EPC, but I will say they seem to be a decent team that brings the fight! So let's get this one started.

bdubyab60

We will come and play hard. Hopefully we make a game of it. Tall task ahead for sure

Bearden_Bear72

EPC is a great football team to play.  They come ready to hit you in the mouth.  I don't know much about them this year.  HG has too many offensive weapons I think.  CHG 28. EPC 24

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 10, 2017, 10:56:22 pm
We will come and play hard. Hopefully we make a game of it. Tall task ahead for sure
Honestly I have no clue about EPC we haven't played y'all since 06 I believe.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 10, 2017, 10:58:10 pm
EPC is a great football team to play.  They come ready to hit you in the mouth.  I don't know much about them this year.  HG has too many offensive weapons I think.  CHG 28. EPC 24
Congrats to those Bears tonight way to rep the 8!

bdubyab60

November 10, 2017, 11:12:06 pm #5 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:24:49 pm by bdubyab60
Very young team right now. Only had 7 seniors to start with. Couple of those are hurt. One should be back next week hopefully. Think we have 5 or 6 freshman starting now because injuries, suspension or just players who quit. in a couple years should be really good. This year don't know if we have enough CHG.

But we will buckle up and see what we can do. Proud of the way the young guys have stepped up actually.

hornetfan8

If CHG takes care of business  they win handly. If they think EPC will roll their helmets out, could be talking upset instead.

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 10, 2017, 11:24:52 pm
If CHG takes care of business  they win handly. If they think EPC will roll their helmets out, could be talking upset instead.
Us at HG don't take teams lightly! We have never been in the position we are in!

Bearden_Bear72

I hope the bye weak didn't rust up the hg team.  They were rolling hot at the end of season

The Beast Of 08

Last time (and maybe the only time) these two teams met was in 2005. EPC was the favorite to win big and it looked like it might happen early on in that game. EPC returned the opening kickoff for a TD and then kicked an onside kick and recovered it. I remember thinking "oh crap."  It was all Grove the rest of the way though. Final was 56-6 I think. Most of these kids were toddlers back then though.
As far as this game goes...I anticipate Grove being a little rusty. They haven't played much over the last few weeks. They'll also be well rested though so I think they eventually run away with it.
Grove 42
EPC 14
Be safe heading this way...it's a long trip

mtindian42

EPC go get that W...the county has 2 teams in the 2nd round...the 3 has 4 teams in the 2nd round...not bad for a basketball conference lol... shock the state!

brown2010

Blowout chg 35 or more

Greyhound#1

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 11, 2017, 09:33:45 am
EPC go get that W...the county has 2 teams in the 2nd round...the 3 has 4 teams in the 2nd round...not bad for a basketball conference lol... shock the state!
Just go and play hard and see what happens is all we can do.

Mr. Trill

I feel like this game will be close as well

Hgalum50

Quote from: Mr. Trill on November 11, 2017, 05:01:33 pm
I feel like this game will be close as well
I will say close for a half then HG pours it on!

bigworm

No discussion. CHG goes 5-0 this post season.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 11, 2017, 11:16:38 am
Just go and play hard and see what happens is all we can do.
yep... we wish yall the best little brothers to the east... ;D of course yall will say your the big brother lol dosent matter getting that W Friday night does! Good Luck and show out...pointsett county pride! Indians and warriors vs the world!

big E

EPC has come on strong since the loss to Des Arc. Harmony Grove is at another level. But on any Friday you never know what could happen that's why the games are played.

bear for life

Anything can happen like I said before it's no guarantee wins anybody can come out hot and win this year's playoffs will be different from what people think

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 11, 2017, 05:38:08 pm
  I will say close for a half then HG pours it on!
Kinda what I'm thinking as well.  With Camden-Fairview losing, CHG stadium should be a packed house.  The redbirds are gonna come support us.

brown2010

Earle will b the only ones not bouncing a bb next week

sheepdawg92

EPC will get destroy against CHG blowout the game will be over mid second quarter.

Old Scrapper

I sure would like to see EPC pull this off. just because I'm lazy and don't want to drive to Camden if we win our game.

Mr. Trill

I'll have big hopes for Earle if EPC keep it really close.

bdubyab60

I'd like a win too. Fingers crossed. Probably take more than that though. Lol

HG Hornet

People are thinking the Hornets will be rusty.  Maybe a little, but what they're really gonna be is well rested and healed up.  Hoping for an exciting post-season. 

hornetfan8

How far of a drive will EPC have?

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 03:30:59 pm
How far of a drive will EPC have?
Just about 4 hours without any stops.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 03:45:59 pm
Just about 4 hours without any stops.
Dang that's a long bus ride

bdubyab60

Had the same length trip down to Foreman last year.

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 05:05:43 pm
Dang that's a long bus ride
It really doesn't feel that long going through the delta!

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 06:16:22 pm
It really doesn't feel that long going through the delta!
I'm from that part of the state. It does feel that long. There is nothing there

bear for life

Garcia will be too much the only thing chg lose is the coin toss

bdubyab60

Not that bad if you are playing I spy

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 06:35:30 pm
I'm from that part of the state. It does feel that long. There is nothing there
I myself am not a fan of straight interstate it bores me to death. If we handle EPC and yall handle MC you gonna make that trip down here be good to meet ya!

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 06:59:40 pm
I myself am not a fan of straight interstate it bores me to death. If we handle EPC and yall handle MC you gonna make that trip down here be good to meet ya!
Maybe we can make it happen man!

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 07:06:39 pm
Maybe we can make it happen man!
We both gotta take care of business first I know we ain't looking past EPC!

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 07:18:32 pm
We both gotta take care of business first I know we ain't looking past EPC!
Lord knows Hazen shouldn't over look MC

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 07:30:52 pm
Lord knows Hazen shouldn't over look MC
God knows that should be a great matchup.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 07:56:59 pm
God knows that should be a great matchup.
I think EPC could give CHG a heck of a game also.

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 08:36:13 pm
Starting off I believe so, but we have been that way in every game and just pour it on in the second half. I'm not trying to sound cocky it is just the truth. Honestly nobody knows what will happen. It is the playoffs so I try not to predict scores or anything either way it goes I will most likely be dead wrong lol.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 09:42:14 pm
Starting off I believe so, but we have been that way in every game and just pour it on in the second half. I'm not trying to sound cocky it is just the truth. Honestly nobody knows what will happen. It is the playoffs so I try not to predict scores or anything either way it goes I will most likely be dead wrong lol.
Idk enough about either team to say one way or the other. But I believe it could turn into a game. Just about what mentality everyone shows up with.

bdubyab60

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 13, 2017, 08:36:13 pm
Gonna have to play really good to do so. I watched CHG against Cross County either last year or the year before. They had a really young team then. So I just kind of assumed they would be good because CC had a solid squad and they gave them all they wanted if I remember correctly

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 14, 2017, 07:28:21 pm
Gonna have to play really good to do so. I watched CHG against Cross County either last year or the year before. They had a really young team then. So I just kind of assumed they would be good because CC had a solid squad and they gave them all they wanted if I remember correctly
That was last year, when we went all the way to semifinals!

bdubyab60

I was thinking so and it was a pretty tough game

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 14, 2017, 08:06:59 pm
I was thinking so and it was a pretty tough game
We were up big then pulled what I like to call a HG, and let them come back! This years team is tough and is prob one of the best teams in all of the years I have watched and played HG football.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 14, 2017, 08:19:04 pm
We were up big then pulled what I like to call a HG, and let them come back! This years team is tough and is prob one of the best teams in all of the years I have watched and played HG football.
I remember the 4th quarter being kind of crazy. Could mixing that up with another game.

I think our fellas will show up and give it all they got. We are super young and prone to mistakes. I'd like for us to make a good game of it.

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 14, 2017, 08:25:04 pm
I remember the 4th quarter being kind of crazy. Could mixing that up with another game.

I think our fellas will show up and give it all they got. We are super young and prone to mistakes. I'd like for us to make a good game of it.
They will fight Im sure, but it's not wise to make mistakes against HG.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 14, 2017, 08:28:34 pm
They will fight Im sure, but it's not wise to make mistakes against HG.
Yeah good teams usually capitalize on those lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas