• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 GLion Memorial Pick'em: Rules and Scoring

Started by Wendell Robinson, July 11, 2014, 10:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell Robinson

July 11, 2014, 10:40:15 am Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:48:50 am by Wendell Robinson
Hello again all. As most of you know, it is almost that time of year again. I thought I would put this out there a little in advance because there are always a few questions for how it works. So to keep from mudding up the actual pick'em threads. Here is a list of the rules for the 2014 version of the GLion Memorial Pick'em.

1. This year I have decided to do 2 games from each conference each week. This will put everyone from across the state on a level playing ground, and will also allow for it to be easier to represent each and every team from across the state.

2. In addition to those 12 4A games, there will be 3 additional games to choose from for a total of 15 games each week.

3. The week's games along with the contest leader board will be posted on Sunday night. You will have until kickoff each Friday night to submit your picks, or make any changes to your picks. I will give up to a 5 minute grace period for late submitions.

4. At the conclusion of the regular season, the points will be reset as the leaders and top performers will be awarded bonus points before going into the Playoff Pick'em. Everyone is still free to participate, but each week I will eliminate a percentage of the field, (depending on the number of entries) in true playoff style until our playoff champ is crowned.

SCORING: The scoring system was put in place by the late GLionAlum and will remain the same, unchanged system as it has been for the entire existence of the contest. However, there always seems to be questions about it so I will break it down for everyone.

5 points: You are automatically awarded 5 points for picking the correct winner of each game.

Bonus Points: In addition to your 5 points you have a chance to win bonus points for correctly predicting the spread of each game. 10 points for correctly predicting the spread. 9 points for coming within 1. 8 points for coming within 2, and so on down to 1 point for coming within 9 points.

Scoring Examples:
                               Your Prediction                      Actual Score           Your Points
Team Y vs Team Z           Team Y by 7                   Team Y wins by 10                    12
Team A vs Team B           Team B by 1                   Team B wins by 13                     5
Team Q vs Team P           Team Q by 21                  Team Q wins by 21                   15

Games for Week 1 will be posted in either the last week of July or the first week of August.

AirWarren

apache_alum_90

phdefense

Football needs to hurry. I have had to resort to arguing with people about band for crying out loud.

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on July 11, 2014, 02:39:15 pm
Football needs to hurry. I have had to resort to arguing with people about band for crying out loud.

With someone from Pine Bluff High. Who has the 3rd best band in the county.

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on July 11, 2014, 03:15:10 pm
I'm claiming this title this year dangit
Nope, it's all mine. I'm going from worst to first!!!1 :o

OLDSCHOOL82

Hey apache... How does Pottsville look this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas