• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Road to The Rock Starts Today!

Started by Superjack45, July 07, 2014, 08:42:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Superjack45

Jacks are reporting to field house today,it has begun. Looking for Great things again this year. What you got guys any new predicament in class 4a besides Turf.

whippersnapper

Greyhounds reported to workouts at 7 am this morning.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on July 07, 2014, 08:42:35 am
Jacks are reporting to field house today,it has begun. Looking for Great things again this year. What you got guys any new predicament in class 4a besides Turf.
i love going to the rock and watching good football.

cuckoobird

July 07, 2014, 09:48:25 am #3 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:50:14 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Superjack45 on July 07, 2014, 08:42:35 am
Predictions or predicaments?

Prediction: Warren will not win their conference much less a State title.

Predicament: I ripped my big toenail off a couple days ago.

Assumption: Someone has been on the road to Rock long enough. Just say no man....

Superjack45

No Bird I ment what I typed just wondering has any new players moved in or has any summer injuries happen. Some of the kids do play AAU basketball during summer. Yeah sorry about your toe nail man but Warren has as good a chance as any to make it to the Rock this year and win it all. Ricebirds on the other hand will be lucky to win 5 games this year,Oh I forgot Dway moved back to 8 4a so y'all might get 6 but that's pushing it. :o

cuckoobird

Im sorry but I disagree on your chances

Bulldog92

Jack1990

cuckoobird

And one more point I'd like to make, if you just started working out today, the road to the Rock will be blocked by teams who prepare all year long

Superjack45

Point we'll taken but no my friend it started in off season just making a statement that all Schools start back up this week since they some dead time where they couldn't do anything unless they did it on their on that's all. Yes you are wrong again at least 6 or 7 of our starters have been starting since the 9th grade or played key rolls as 9th graders so they have been to the mountain but just haven't reached the summit,they can do that this year if everything falls in to place and nobody gets any injuries. They return a pretty tough group of seniors who fight all the way to the last whistle no matter what the score is. But I do wish the Ricebirds all the luck in the world cause they are going to need it. ;D

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on July 07, 2014, 02:50:28 pm
Point we'll taken but no my friend it started in off season just making a statement that all Schools start back up this week since they some dead time where they couldn't do anything unless they did it on their on that's all. Yes you are wrong again at least 6 or 7 of our starters have been starting since the 9th grade or played key rolls as 9th graders so they have been to the mountain but just haven't reached the summit,they can do that this year if everything falls in to place and nobody gets any injuries. They return a pretty tough group of seniors who fight all the way to the last whistle no matter what the score is. But I do wish the Ricebirds all the luck in the world cause they are going to need it. ;D
Yeah we'll need it in conference play but our non conference schedule is a little too easy.

hawgfan15

Your teams didn't workout/team camps/7 on 7 the first 3 weeks of June before the dead period? I know Nashville started weights/conditioning 3 days a week the first week out of school. Plus a few team camps and several 7 on 7 games

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 07, 2014, 04:34:37 pm
Your teams didn't workout/team camps/7 on 7 the first 3 weeks of June before the dead period? I know Nashville started weights/conditioning 3 days a week the first week out of school. Plus a few team camps and several 7 on 7 games

They did. I don't think they did many 7 on 7s this year though.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2014, 04:51:55 pm

That is what I figured. Football is year around for the elite programs

Nip/Tusk

In a related story, cuckoobird's big toenail celebrates his successful escape by immediately leaving Stuttgart.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 07, 2014, 05:10:13 pm

You're listening to the wrong folks brother.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2014, 06:36:34 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 07, 2014, 05:10:13 pm

You're listening to the wrong folks brother.

Lol I should have noticed where the info was coming from. All of those new usernames can get confusing though

AirWarren

Nothing worth discussing recently. Whipper has some good posts. Then they get littered with stupidity almost instantly.

hawgfan15

Yep exactly right. It's almost impossible to have a good football discussion on here anymore without a few getting on the thread degrading good teams and puffing their chest out with ancient history. Not sure when trolling became cool but I do know those people need to find another board for that. The best football talk I have with people on here is through pm's or with some I have really gotten to know and talk with outside of FF. That is a shame because that is what this board is meant to be for.

LJ06

No need.  Gonna be more relying on the running game.

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 07, 2014, 07:27:42 pm
Yep exactly right. It's almost impossible to have a good football discussion on here anymore without a few getting on the thread degrading good teams and puffing their chest out with ancient history. Not sure when trolling became cool but I do know those people need to find another board for that. The best football talk I have with people on here is through pm's or with some I have really gotten to know and talk with outside of FF. That is a shame because that is what this board is meant to be for.
I am not sure how to break this to you , but the board used to be much much worse.

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on July 07, 2014, 08:52:57 pm

Good running games win championships. Just need enough passing to keep the defense honest. Of course a balanced offense is what you want but you better be able to run the football.

hawgfan15

Quote from: phdefense on July 07, 2014, 09:19:44 pm
I am not sure how to break this to you , but the board used to be much much worse.

Lol oh I know, I have been reading this board for a long time. Super Scrapper was one of the best. Just something we will always have to deal with unfortunately.

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 07, 2014, 09:25:42 pm

Lol oh I know, I have been reading this board for a long time. Super Scrapper was one of the best. Just something we will always have to deal with unfortunately.
SS was a dandy for sure. Nothing compares to Uncle Ivan (Delta Razor) in his prime though. He was the Basil Shabazz of message board trolling.

AirWarren

Yup. But at least DR/UI could actually talk football. As well as SS.

AirWarren

Yup.

AirWarren

Balance and defense.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2014, 09:43:24 pm

Balance and defense.
This is the recipe for success.

Superjack45

AW got something to tell you listen real close the only info I disclosed was the Road to The Rock starts today. My son plays for the jacks and I know when they go to camp and all I just didn't say anything about it. So I wasn't given any info for your info and you guys have got to stop reading some much into these posts Good Lord y'all know how to ruin a good discussion. It wasn't ment to be about who was and wasn't going hard this summer, just a statement and question that is all.

AirWarren

My nephew plays. I can get the info I need at any time. And when I do I don't post on here.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2014, 10:52:42 pm
My nephew plays. I can get the info I need at any time. And when I do I don't post on here.
I hear you, that's why I wasn't saying anything about what Warren was doing as far as camps and so forth but it's all good though.

AirWarren

No need to talk on here. That's the way I see it.

Jacketman65

You guys feel like Warren can make a deep run at it this year?  Personally, I look for them to!  Last year should have built a fire in the underclassmen.

AirWarren

I think we will be in the mix again. Return a lot. Lost a lot too. We shall see what the young talent can do to step up.

Jacketman65

cuckoobird

Quote from: Josh Louin on July 07, 2014, 06:32:18 pm
In a related story, cuckoobird's big toenail celebrates his successful escape by immediately leaving Stuttgart.
actually it's still on there. I guess I should have wrote, it was torn half way up from the skin, not off

cuckoobird

July 08, 2014, 07:24:12 am #36 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:27:17 am by cuckoobird
Yes, the scrapper and jack faithful talk of ancient history. I believe my team has a title this decade.....Now, take your ball and go home, no participation trophies in the real world

LJ06

Just put them on your ignore lists

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on July 08, 2014, 07:31:03 am

I don't have one, I like reading their asinine statements like this

SUGARTOWN

I'm looking for a workout report from Superjock. Lots of kids with heart out there yesterday? Did they look like they really want it this year?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 08, 2014, 08:32:46 am
I'm looking for a workout report from Superjock. Lots of kids with heart out there yesterday? Did they look like they really want it this year?
i'll give it a try. jacks going back to the rock. my son plays for the jacks. om and bf you know what i ment. my son plays for the jacks. we can't be stopped unless we lose our passwords. my son plays for the jacks. aw you didn't blow yourself up you can't know about anything. you know what i ment. my son plays for the jacks. i like predicaments, my son plays for the jacks. bf likes horses lol my son plays for the jacks. you know what i ment.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2014, 08:51:02 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 08, 2014, 08:32:46 am
i'll give it a try. jacks going back to the rock. my son plays for the jacks. om and bf you know what i ment. my son plays for the jacks. we can't be stopped unless we lose our passwords. my son plays for the jacks. aw you didn't blow yourself up you can't know about anything. you know what i ment. my son plays for the jacks. i like predicaments, my son plays for the jacks. bf likes horses lol my son plays for the jacks. you know what i ment.
lol now you're going to get the "You never played football speech or you would know what I ment."

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on July 08, 2014, 07:31:03 am

Beautiful invention.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2014, 11:27:35 pm
I think we will be in the mix again. Return a lot. Lost a lot too. We shall see what the young talent can do to step up.
yeah I think so too, we should be ok the only thing that got me a little worried is if the kids can stay healthy, because of the depth of the team.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on July 08, 2014, 10:54:40 am
yeah I think so too, we should be ok the only thing that got me a little worried is if the kids can stay healthy, because of the depth of the team.
A starting qb been named yet?

AirWarren

Depth won't be as good as it was last year. Unless some of the younger kids step up.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2014, 11:19:50 am

Depth won't be as good as it was last year. Unless some of the younger kids step up.

It sounds like y'all should have pretty decent depth at the skill positions. How about lineman though? Any good lineman coming up from junior high?

AirWarren

Line will have depth. I worry about the secondary.

Jr high wise, the next solid crop IMO will be this years 8th graders and the 9th graders.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2014, 12:35:04 pm

Jr high wise, the next solid crop IMO will be this years 8th graders and the 9th graders.
I would not worry too much about the secondary. I do not see any real scary passing teams this year, so a serviceable secondary should do. There shouldn't be a need for shutdown corners like Dumas has.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on July 08, 2014, 12:47:06 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2014, 12:35:04 pm

I would not worry too much about the secondary. I do not see any real scary passing teams this year, so a serviceable secondary should do. There shouldn't be a need for shutdown corners like Dumas has.

Ha. Well line play and QB play is my concern.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas