• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Take 2014: 3-4A

Started by whippersnapper, June 23, 2014, 08:35:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

1:11 (#8 Fearless Poll) Highland: the rebels return 2 of the best players in 4a football and I have them winning conference and going to the quarter finals finishing the season 11-2. They have a tough road game to Clinton week 2 and host Gosnell week 7.
2:8 (received votes) Gosnell:  the pirates surprised everyone last year by winning the conference championship and going 9-2 and making the 2nd round of playoffs but that won't be the case this year. They lose too much to graduation. They will get 2nd place but lose in the first round most likely. 7-4
3:23 Pocahontas: It is the 1st year without legendary Coach Williams,  I see the redskins getting back into the win column and finish wit a 6-5 record.
4:36 Cave City: The cavemen switched back to their smash mouth double wing offense mid season and will do better this year in it but is it enough? I think the cavemen sneak into the playoffs and go 4-7.
5:32 Westside: Coming off its best 2 years in school history don't look for the Warriors to drop off much. I see them finishing 5-6
6:44 Trumann: Not everyone is sold in at Trumann yet for them to really turn a corner. If Coach Waymire can get success in jr high watch out in a few years. 1-9
7:46 Brookland: Still a year or two away from really making noise. 3-7
8:39 Harrisburg: After struggling in 3A the last couple seasons don't look for any changes soon. 2-8

TBone70

June 23, 2014, 09:12:58 pm #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:31:33 pm by TBone70
Good Job +1 Highlands opener in the Simmons/Hootens Classic is against Midland Christian out of Texas. They've won 6 state championships since 96 in their class. Tough one from the get go.

Big Fan

Quote from: TBone70 on June 23, 2014, 09:12:58 pm
Good Job +1 Highlands opener in the Simmons/Hootens Classic is against Midland Christian out of Texas. They've won 6 state championships since 96 in their class. Tough one from the get go.
So your saying they left 12 championships on the table.......losers........

TBone70

Quote from: Big Fan on June 24, 2014, 08:54:03 am
Quote from: TBone70 on June 23, 2014, 09:12:58 pm
So your saying they left 12 championships on the table.......losers........
Yeah, can you believe that, the nerve of them.

GHS_08

I don't see Gosnell beating Highland right now. But I don't see them losing 4 games. They lost some big time contributors to graduation including one of the best running backs in 4a. There is a lot of young talent on this team that will step up and fill those roles. My prediction is 8-2 heading into the playoffs.

redskinsfan

Talked to a guy today that said Pocahontas had 3 or 4 new skill position players on the team that did not play last year. I look forward to seeing how the new coach does with the young men this year. I hear that Coach Baty is a great coach and an even better person. Good luck to all teams this year. Prayers for a safe season for all.

elvis26

;D redskinfan what ever happened to policeman that used to post on here about his redskins?

TBone70

August 01, 2014, 12:42:53 am #7 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:48:34 am by TBone70
Quote from: redskinsfan on July 31, 2014, 09:00:00 pm
Talked to a guy today that said Pocahontas had 3 or 4 new skill position players on the team that did not play last year. I look forward to seeing how the new coach does with the young men this year. I hear that Coach Baty is a great coach and an even better person. Good luck to all teams this year. Prayers for a safe season for all.
Redskins looked pretty good during the 7 on 7 games. Should do OK this year. I know of a Kellett boy from Highland moved back to Pokey that is Salty.

redskinsfan

I'm not sure. I haven't seen him on here in a long time.

Quote from: elvis26 on July 31, 2014, 09:34:53 pm
;D redskinfan what ever happened to policeman that used to post on here about his redskins?

redskinsfan

He has pretty good speed. That should help us out. The last time I saw him run track he was right there with Johnson and Stewart from Highland in the 100m dash.

Quote from: TBone70 on August 01, 2014, 12:42:53 am
Quote from: redskinsfan on July 31, 2014, 09:00:00 pm
Redskins looked pretty good during the 7 on 7 games. Should do OK this year. I know of a Kellett boy from Highland moved back to Pokey that is Salty.

TBone70

Highland's Avery Johnson just committed to ASU Redwolves today. Howl Yes,

whippersnapper

Congrats to Johnson! Any idea what position they look for him to play

TBone70

August 03, 2014, 10:20:22 pm #12 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:37:17 pm by TBone70
Quote from: whippersnapper on August 03, 2014, 10:15:21 pm
Whipper not quite sure. It was just posted on twitter. He is listed as an athlete and yes he is.I'll do some research. He can play it all.

TBone70

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 03, 2014, 10:15:21 pm
whipper just read in the Jonesboro front page Sports that the recruited him as a slot receiver and possible half back. But will see how he develops. With possibilities at TE or defense. Heck he has such athletic possibilities who knows what position. Sounded like he was ready to get the commit over with so he can concentrate on his Sr. Year at Highland.

whippersnapper

Sounds good! I'm glad he is a red wolf.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas