• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014. Top returning starters and new starters.

Started by AirWarren, June 15, 2014, 01:12:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketman65

Had another thought on my mind, My bad and sorry about that, but you got my point.

Big Fan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 17, 2014, 09:14:43 pm
Had another thought on my mind, My bad and sorry about that, but you got my point.
gotcha

intruder

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 15, 2014, 03:18:17 pm
Nashville

QB- JR Leonard Snell
Snell was a starting WR and FS last year for the Scrappers. He has looked good so far at his new position and has a really strong arm. The kid is a playmaker and adds a big time running threat at the position.

RB- SOPH Darius Hopkins and JR Terrell Grundy
Hopkins is a big play waiting to happen. The Sophomore has a chance to be the best running back to ever come out of Nashville. He started at the end of the season when he was moved up from jr high. Grundy is a very physical runner with good speed. He got his share of carries last season when he returned from an early season back injury. These two will compliment each other well.

FB/TE- SR Lucas Liggin
The "S" position as we call it in Nashville will be played by Liggin. He started here for the first 3 games before being moved to QB. He is a big physical kid who catches the ball well.

WR- SR LaMichael Pettway, JR Trey Hughes,
and SR Brady Bowden/ JR Deajeon Armstrong
By this point everyone knows about Pettway. Hughes started every game last season at WR opposite of Pettway. The 6'3 junior is a downfield threat. Bowden and Armstrong will play the slot for the Scrappers. Bowden is a senior who has really developed athletically. He has grown 3 or 4 inches since the beginning of high school (6'0 now) and clocked a 4.5 40 during the spring. Armstrong is a junior who moved back to Nashville after spending his sophomore year in Colorado. He is probably the quickest kid on the team and is a big play threat with the ball in his hands.

Offensive Line-
LT- JR Troy Thomas
LG- SR Braden Hood
C- JR Winland Ogden
RG- SR Dillon Honea
RT- SOPH Kirby Adcock.
This will be the biggest offensive line the Scrappers have had in 4 or 5 years. 7 or 8 guys will rotate on the line this year and 2 of them are returning starters (Ogden and Honea).

Defensive line-
DE- Billy Stewart
NT- Dillon Honea/Winland Ogden
DE- Braden Hood
Hood and Stewart both started last season and will be the DE's in the Scrappers new 3-4 defense. Honea and Ogden have both looked good at NT and Ogden played his share of defense last season starting a few games. This will be the strength of our defense.

Linebackers-
OLB- JR Terrell Grundy
ILB- SR Lucas Liggin
ILB- JR Ashton Nelson
OLB- JR Trey Hughes/ SOPH Austin Gibbs
Nelson and Grundy are returning starters at LB and Liggin has seen some time at the position before starting at QB. This group has looked good in the new defense so far.

Secondary-
CB- SR Corey Cooper
CB- JR Deajeon Armstrong
FS- SR Brady Bowden/ SOPH Darius Hopkins
SS- SR LaMichael Pettway/ JR Leonard Snell
This group will rotate pretty often as all of them will see time on offense. Cooper, Pettway, and Snell started last season and Armstrong might be the best of the group. There are a few others who provide some depth but in big games expect this group to get the majority of the snaps.

Returning Offensive Starters- 7
Returning Defensive Starters- 8
i hear a lineman ran a 4.3 shuttle and benched 340 with a 4.8 40 this summer

hawgfan15

Yep SR Braden Hood at the UCA camp. I think he will have a big year

hawgfan15

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on June 17, 2014, 12:18:49 am
Well everyone knows what Arkadelphia lost this year...

QB- Jeff Blake JR
would be a returning starter who played well at safety last year. I think he has the althletism to run well like Jakahari Howell, just don't know if the arm is as strong.

Big Loss- Jakahari Howell

RB- Ty Koster Jr.
He will continue to be a big threat. He is a tough physical runner. He was very hard to take down last year. Double threat with a great set of hands. Also have a young back with some great speed. Saw some kris Oliver type flashes from him last year. I hope he is a dark horse for us.

Big Loss- Kris Oliver

WR- J Brooks Burnham SR
will be big for us. He seemed to just come up with the uncatchable balls for a big play. We have another couple that could be good, but Burnham will be the feature wideout

Line will be solid.

Defense- Emanuel Cooper SR will be the heart of our defense. Look for him to have a huge year.
We didn't lose a lot on defense as a whole but we did lose 2 big time LB in Austin White and Jaylon Mitchell( both Ouachita Baptist)

Overall I think Arkadelphia has a case to make a good playoff run if our offense is clicking. Nashville should be the big threat from the 7-4a but don't sleep on the Badgers. Being the hunter instead of the hunted this year may light a fire in them!

I got a chance to see Arkadelphia at the OBU camp. Blake has big shoes to fill but he looked pretty good at the camp. Kosters and Burnham looked good also. Offensive line is a lot smaller this year and is the biggest question mark I think. Defense was solid and will be the strength of this team. Looks like they are still trying to figure out who will step up at LB though.

The Badgers should have another solid year and will be at least a top 3 seed in 7-4A

tybrit

Does anyone have any idea how they think Malvern will be this year?

Big Fan

Quote from: tybrit on June 18, 2014, 07:55:21 am

Take a look at the 4A Pre-season thread

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 17, 2014, 07:07:45 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 17, 2014, 03:19:32 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 17, 2014, 02:57:31 pm
Quote from: rdhill on June 17, 2014, 12:54:14 pm
New coach he calls it a power spread it has set offensive records everywhere he has run it . we will see how it does. rb,wr no problem here but we dont have a stud qb.

What about the line and physical play?  That was the major problem i noticed.
I think this is a problem with every team in the 8-4a with Dollarway being the exception
Thanks for the laugh..........now go back to your electric football game.
IMO that is what kept Warren from winning the title last year even though they run ruff shod over their conference. I know that's why Star City took a beating from Dollarway.

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 09:06:45 am
New coach he calls it a power spread it has set offensive records everywhere he has run it . we will see how it does. rb,wr no problem here but we dont have a stud qb.

I think this is a problem with every team in the 8-4a with Dollarway being the exception
IMO that is what kept Warren from winning the title last year even though they run ruff shod over their conference. I know that's why Star City took a beating from Dollarway.
I would agree that Booneville was more physical up front than Warren and Dway was more physical up front than SC last year.  You should have just said that. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 18, 2014, 09:12:26 am

I would agree that Booneville was more physical up front than Warren and Dway was more physical up front than SC last year.  You should have just said that.
Sure I could have but if they were the cream of the crop in the 8-4a then what does it say about the rest of the conference? Not very physical

Jimbo Morphis

i thought warren got beat in the finals. i guess it says they were the 2nd best team in 4a.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 18, 2014, 09:31:29 am
i thought warren got beat in the finals. i guess it says they were the 2nd best team in 4a.

Very much so.

Jack1990

Maybe one day we can all be the powerhouse that is the 4A-2

OLDSCHOOL82

Warren was the most physical team Booneville played all year.  Dollarway came in second.  I said that earlier because Hamburg was very non physical and soft.  Dont get me wrong they had the talent and speed, but no physicality.  Lincoln was overall more physical than Hamburg but didnt have the talent.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 18, 2014, 09:46:20 am
Warren was the most physical team Booneville played all year.  Dollarway came in second.  I said that earlier because Hamburg was very non physical and soft.  Dont get me wrong they had the talent and speed, but no physicality.  Lincoln was overall more physical than Hamburg but didnt have the talent.

I personally thought the Booneville/Warren game was a very physical game up front for both teams. There wasn't any ninanny pussyfooting around with those guys up front I will tell you that. I saw guys on the ground scuffling, pushing shoving and very good blocking technique. Especially with the Booneville O line.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2014, 09:59:05 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 18, 2014, 09:46:20 am

I personally thought the Booneville/Warren game was a very physical game up front for both teams. There wasn't any ninanny pussyfooting around with those guys up front I will tell you that. I saw guys on the ground scuffling, pushing shoving and very good blocking technique. Especially with the Booneville O line.

It was for sure.  Thats the way the finals are supposed to be.  Of course, minus the rain delays equating to a game lasting 4+ hrs!

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 09:22:46 am

Sure I could have but if they were the cream of the crop in the 8-4a then what does it say about the rest of the conference? Not very physical
Soooo....using this logic we could say Auburn is more "physical" than Alabama.  Really?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 09:41:46 am
Doubtful, it will take a very long time for the 8 to catch up in state titles with the former title leader, Lake Village leaving and the new title leader, Dollarway coming into the conference

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 18, 2014, 10:15:15 am

Soooo....using this logic we could say Auburn is more "physical" than Alabama.  Really?
Auburns run game was very physical. Just because a team runs the spread doesn't make them a finesse team

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:17:17 am
Doubtful, it will take a very long time for the 8 to catch up in state titles with the former title leader, Lake Village leaving and the new title leader, Dollarway coming into the conference
Oh I can tell.  Especially with the way the 4A-2 proved your dominance in high school football this past year.  A 29 point loss to Booneville.  THe same school that the poor pitiful 4A-8 only lost by 2.  We held them to 14 points while the all powerful 4A-2 allowed 43?  Thank goodness it's a new year and ya'll can win it all.

Or were you referring to bowling?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 10:21:24 am
Oh I can tell.  Especially with the way the 4A-2 proved your dominance in high school football this past year.  A 29 point loss to Booneville.  THe same school that the poor pitiful 4A-8 only lost by 2.  We held them to 14 points while the all powerful 4A-2 allowed 43?  Thank goodness it's a new year and ya'll can win it all.

And the same team put a 36-0 whipping on your number two while taking it easy on them in the second half. Btw if there hadn't been delays in the title game it would have much much worse imo

Jimbo Morphis

bowling, soccer, and cheerleading. not real sports.

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:24:43 am

And the same team put a 36-0 whipping on your number two while taking it easy on them in the second half. Btw if there hadn't been delays in the title game it would have much much worse imo
They were our #3 but who's counting.  And I believe DWay was your #1...so I don't see your point.  And as far as the rain, I've never been a fortune teller so hard for me to predict what might have been. 

AirWarren

Throw in Golf, Nascar, and fishing even though ESPN says differently.

Quote from: Oldman on June 18, 2014, 10:24:44 am

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:20:44 am

Auburns run game was very physical. Just because a team runs the spread doesn't make them a finesse team
....but not as physical as Bama....

...also Marianna must be more physical than Stuttgart....come on man....

Jack1990

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 10:27:54 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:24:43 am

They were our #3 but who's counting.  And I believe DWay was your #1...so I don't see your point.  And as far as the rain, I've never been a fortune teller so hard for me to predict what might have been.
But I do like that you equate our #3 with your #1.  Guess that's why we're such a terrible conference.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2014, 10:28:20 am

ESPN call Poker a sport! 

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 10:30:05 am

ESPN call Poker a sport! 

Yeah really. Ridiculous.

Anyone have any information on Crossett?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 18, 2014, 10:28:36 am

They were that game

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2014, 10:30:36 am
Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 10:30:05 am

ESPN call Poker a sport! 

Yeah really. Ridiculous.

Anyone have any information on Crossett?

They do not have a poker team

AirWarren

Likewise. But I was referencing football good sir.

OLDSCHOOL82

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:31:52 am

They were that game
You flip flop more than a fish out of water. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 18, 2014, 10:40:13 am

They were that game
no, we played awful and allowed them to physically whip us. Plain and simple

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:42:29 am

They were that game
...if a team in the 8-4A gets beat it's because they are not physical, but if Stuttgart loses they just had a bad game.....how convenient. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 18, 2014, 10:52:03 am

They were that game
...if a team in the 8-4A gets beat it's because they are not physical, but if Stuttgart loses they just had a bad game.....how convenient.
Nice twist on words but I said we were physically man handled. Same as Hamburg, Star City and eventually Warren were.

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:55:08 am

They were that game
Nice twist on words but I said we were physically man handled. Same as Hamburg, Star City and eventually Warren were.
Hamburg - "manhandled" by eventual state champion
Star City - "manhandled" by #1 out of 4A-2
Warren - "manhandled" by eventual state champion

Stuttgart - "manhandled" by 1-8 Marianna?? Still no comparison

Big Fan

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 10:58:00 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2014, 10:55:08 am

They were that game
Hamburg - "manhandled" by eventual state champion
Star City - "manhandled" by #1 out of 4A-2
Warren - "manhandled" by eventual state champion

Stuttgart - "manhandled" by 1-8 Marianna?? Still no comparison
Sweet

AirWarren

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2014, 11:15:12 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 18, 2014, 10:36:28 am
And Boom !!  Thread derailed!

Same idiot too. As always.
Maybe we can stifle him this time!  I was enjoying the returning talks much more than this!

cuckoobird

June 18, 2014, 11:18:44 am #140 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:08:15 pm by cuckoobird

Oldman isn't an idiot, now the guy with AW in his name who started talking about nascar, bowling, and poker I won't take up for. Bigfan we can continue to talk football if you like.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 11:17:28 am

Maybe we can stifle him this time!  I was enjoying the returning talks much more than this!

You guys have fun with that.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2014, 11:19:36 am
Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 11:17:28 am

You guys have fun with that.
Don't you have a soccer game to watch?

CounterPunch

Star City returning starters. Now I'm not a coach so I'm just going by what I saw last year and what can be expected this year.

Offense:

QB- Tye Brown (Junior) Very smart player with accurate arm and can move around in the pocket well. He has ran the same offensive scheme since Junior high and has only lost 4 games as a starter in 4 years (including Junior high)

RB- Dajunn Harris (Senior) IMO will have D1 offers by mid season. Very big and powerful back. Had multiple touchdowns in a majority of the games last year.

RB- LJ Shelton (Senior) speed back that when given open space can take it to the house. Needs room too run but catches ball well out of backfield.

RB- 2 key junior high running backs in Keshawn Whaley and Alan Wainright will look for some touches this year as well. Very bright future for these two ahead.

WR- Lance Harvey (senior), Blake Wynn (Junior), Austin Powell (Junior), Bo Mcbroom (senior), Darien Chaney (senior) all make up and experienced group of returners for the Bulldogs this year.

Linemen- The Bulldogs strongpoint this year as they return all starters from last year except one. Austin Capps (Junior) and Sam Jackson (Junior) both have and will have more D1 offers. Also returning at center is Chris Lavigne (senior). Matt Long (senior) and CJ Everett (Junior) are notable returners on the line as well.

Defense: to make a run for a state championship this is where the Bulldogs will have to be better. I believe they have the tools to do it.

Line- Austin Capps( Junior), Sam Jackson(Junior), Zack Endsley(Junior), Jarrett Reynolds (Junior)

Linebackers- Dajunn Harris (senior), Darien Chaney (senior), Beau Warren( Junior), Andrew Maddox (senior)

Defensive backs- LJ Shelton (senior), Cory Hampton (senior), Eric Briggs (Junior), Cody Hamton (senior)

Key Losses: RB/LB Darien Washington, Lineman Michael Nelson

AirWarren

Very Junior and senior heavy team. Nice analysis.

DogsWin7

Quote from: tybrit on June 18, 2014, 07:55:21 am

According to the stats here on FF.....they won 9 games last year.  That's good.  Do you have any idea if they return a lot of starters?     

Waldron has now moved in that conference this year.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas