• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-a 3 conf

Started by elvis26, June 05, 2014, 10:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

;D who will win this conf since valley-view is moving to 5-a? I think highland and Gosnell will be the favorites.

TBone70

Quote from: elvis26 on June 05, 2014, 10:25:54 pm
;D who will win this conf since valley-view is moving to 5-a? I think highland and Gosnell will be the favorites.
Yep, that will be the top two. I'm thinking the sleeper will be Brookland. They are gettin some players moving in. That school is growing with leaps and bounds. By the time that really become contenders they will move up to 5a because they are growing that quick.

horsepower1324

Quote from: TBone70 on June 05, 2014, 10:33:20 pm
Quote from: elvis26 on June 05, 2014, 10:25:54 pm
Yep, that will be the top two. I'm thinking the sleeper will be Brookland. They are gettin some players moving in. That school is growing with leaps and bounds. By the time that really become contenders they will move up to 5a because they are growing that quick.

??? ??? ???

Hornetzone

Sleeper is Harrisburg. Calling it now.

TBone70

Quote from: Hornetzone on June 18, 2014, 09:23:58 pm
Sleeper is Harrisburg. Calling it now.
We welcome you to the conference. Good luck. I hope you make a run at it.

Jacketman65

I am thinking Highland as well.  Is Brookland's growth due to overflow from J-town?

TBone70

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 18, 2014, 09:41:39 pm
I am thinking Highland as well.  Is Brookland's growth due to overflow from J-town?
You can say that. But also built a HUGE hospital about 4 miles from Brookland that brought major influx to area. Subdivisions. Apt. Complexes, about 20 new business and mostly franchise stores. Today i just read in the paper they putting a 14 million dollar addition on the new school
They just built a few years ago that was really under built. If that will tell you anything. I would say that place is growing. :)

Jacketman65

Quote from: TBone70 on June 18, 2014, 09:57:39 pm
You can say that. But also built a HUGE hospital about 4 miles from Brookland that brought major influx to area. Subdivisions. Apt. Complexes, about 20 new business and mostly franchise stores. Today i just read in the paper they putting a 14 million dollar addition on the new school
They just built a few years ago that was really under built. If that will tell you anything. I would say that place is growing. :)
Whow, I knew that area was growing but not to that extent!  It has been quite some time since I have been there.  Maybe in time you will give the NE corner of the state some competition, that is if they will agree of course!

TBone70

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 18, 2014, 10:19:21 pm
Whow, I knew that area was growing but not to that extent!  It has been quite some time since I have been there.  Maybe in time ygou will give the NE corner of the state some competition, that is if they will agree of course!
Jacketman, how bout #25 last year. Is he coming back or graduated? He stood out last year Highland game and was quick. Good Athlete on both sides.

Jacketman65

If you are speaking of Sappington, yes I believe he has graduated!

Hornetzone

Thanks. Hate to be in the 4a ,but guess we had too. Lol. Saying highland will win the conference. Went and watch their spring game (which is the crappest thing ever). Gosnell will probably be after Highland. Then after them it's probably Gosnell. But Harrisburg's Qb has mature from last year.

horsepower1324

Are the numbers better at Harrisburg this year? I know last year they had teens at one point before an influx got them into the 20s.

Here's how I see it:

Gosnell
Highland
Pocahontas
Cave City
Westside
Trumann
Harrisburg
Brookland

Hornetzone

We had no one coming over from Weiner to help us out. But right now we have about 27 or so. We weren't even going to field a team at one point last year. Then we had a powwow and had some basketball guys join. And then we got our numbers up. We had one of our big guys quit after the first game. Broke his foot. 6'5 running back.

TBone70

Quote from: Hornetzone on June 19, 2014, 12:04:38 pm
We had no one coming over from Weiner to help us out. But right now we have about 27 or so. We weren't even going to field a team at one point last year. Then we had a powwow and had some basketball guys join. And then we got our numbers up. We had one of our big guys quit after the first game. Broke his foot. 6'5 running back.
Weiner? isn't that a Basketball school? No football. Maybe that was where that 6'5' running back came from :D, Harrisburg used to be pretty good I think when Coach Tim Branum was there and I think he went to Cross County after words. 27 guys isn't all that bad. I think Highland will be around 40ish.

Hornetzone

Best of luck to all of y'all this year!

redskinsfan

I heard that Pocahontas is adding some new players to their team this year that were all-conference basketball players from last year. Any word on that? That may help our team in the skilled positions if it is true.

Jacketman65

Quote from: TBone70 on June 19, 2014, 04:33:53 pm
Quote from: Hornetzone on June 19, 2014, 12:04:38 pm
Weiner? isn't that a Basketball school? No football. Maybe that was where that 6'5' running back came from :D, Harrisburg used to be pretty good I think when Coach Tim Branum was there and I think he went to Cross County after words. 27 guys isn't all that bad. I think Highland will be around 40ish.
Tim Branum was at Harrisburg?  Did he not recently retire due to health reasons? If we are talking about the same Tim Branum!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: redskinsfan on June 19, 2014, 07:41:27 pm
I heard that Pocahontas is adding some new players to their team this year that were all-conference basketball players from last year. Any word on that? That may help our team in the skilled positions if it is true.
Well, what are their names?

Razorhummer

I think Highland will end up winning it since they do get Gosnell at home. The rest is up for grabs and don't know who'll end up getting 3rd, 4th and 5th lol

BHS2014

Quote from: TBone70 on June 18, 2014, 10:38:25 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 18, 2014, 10:19:21 pm
Whow, I knew that area was growing but not to that extent!  It has been quite some time since I have been there.  Maybe in time ygou will give the NE corner of the state some competition, that is if they will agree of course!
Jacketman, how bout #25 last year. Is he coming back or graduated? He stood out last year Highland game and was quick. Good Athlete on both sides.

#25 for Brookland graduated, if that's who you're talking about. Corey Chesser.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas