• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia stadium upgrades

Started by mossflyer, June 05, 2014, 04:43:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Nice ! That's about all Badger Stadium needed to top it off. Its a nice facility. The field was a pond back in the day before they built the stadium over it. AHS played all their games at Henderdon St. back then.

mossflyer

Turf nearing completion at Badger Stadium. 

Lets hope the pics upload. 

mossflyer

whippersnapper

I saw a pic on twitter just a little bit ago. Twitter folks can look it up under geo surfaces they have Newport's as well

mossflyer

mossflyer

Thanks Whipper for the twitter feed.  This is their 'birds eye view' pic.

whippersnapper

Very nice. I noticed the badgers also had a new scoreboard at the Newport game last year.

lightsoutlefty

Score board isn't new, just nice

whippersnapper

Well I promise its definitely different from the one i saw pictures of when Mena upset them. They used to to have badgers now the Arizona A on it.

Oldbadger

Superjack45

I will be glad and so happy when Warren get their head together and do something because after that valley View game it was terrible.

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 30, 2014, 02:34:41 pm
I will be glad and so happy when Warren get their head together and do something because after that valley View game it was terrible.

Where's the money gonna come from?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2014, 03:22:05 pm

Where's the money gonna come from?
thats a great question that superfly can't answer.

Romeo

Getting new turf is on the bottom of the list.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on June 30, 2014, 03:27:48 pm

Getting new turf is on the bottom of the list.

Yup. Expansion of the high school was top on the list. Which they are doing now.

A decent and comparable Basketball gym should be next. Period. That thing they play in now is a disgrace and the WSD should be ashamed to allow games to continue there.

New visitor bleachers, new scoreboard, and upgrade the pressbox should be first choice. Not turf.

Superjack45

Speak for yourself if you have never played on it you wouldn't know lol! I do agree about the B-ball gym  it's terrible and who cares about the press box it can be last on the list and the visitor bleachers are terrible very surprised no one has gotten hurt. Yes the scoreboard has been there for awhile and out dated need a new look I agree. For you old fella go get a Grant like all the rest of them do,you been around for a minute you should know that :P.

Big Fan

June 30, 2014, 04:03:31 pm #17 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:13:51 pm by Big Fan
Quote from: Superjack45 on June 30, 2014, 03:48:15 pm
Speak for yourself if you have never played on it you wouldn't know Lil! I do agree about the Ball gym  it's terrible and who cares about the press box it can be last on the list and the visitor bleachers are terrible very surprised no one has gotten hurt. Yes the scoreboard has been there for awhile and out dated need a new look I agree. For you old fella go get a Grant like all the rest of them do,you been around for a minute you should know that :P.
Lol...I don't think the fed gives grants to renovate a football stadium.  A sense of entitlement only goes so far. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Big Fan on June 30, 2014, 04:03:31 pm
Speak for yourself if you have never played on it you wouldn't know Lil! I do agree about the Ball gym  it's terrible and who cares about the press box it can be last on the list and the visitor bleachers are terrible very surprised no one has gotten hurt. Yes the scoreboard has been there for awhile and out dated need a new look I agree. For you old fella go get a Grant like all the rest of them do,you been around for a minute you should know that :P.
Lil...I don't think the fed gives grants to renovate a football stadium.  A sense of entitlement only goes so far.
lmbo

Superjack45

June 30, 2014, 04:23:56 pm #19 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:28:38 pm by Superjack45
I was waiting for one of you idiots to say something go do your research and then make a response, A grant can be be received by the school dummies our high school will be a Charter school next year so find out some info B4 you open your mouths.  ;D

AirWarren

Speak for yourself if you have never played on it you wouldn't know lol! I do agree about the B-ball gym  it's terrible and who cares about the press box it can be last on the list and the visitor bleachers are terrible very surprised no one has gotten hurt. Yes the scoreboard has been there for awhile and out dated need a new look I agree. For you old fella go get a Grant like all the rest of them do,you been around for a minute you should know that :P.

I have played on it before..just not high school.

Grant huh? Grants take a spike in town sales tax and an increase in mileage. What major wealth in town is going to pay for that? Most towns have donations that go toward turf at stadiums then they match it up with loans or these grants you speak of. Are you going to organize this fundraiser to get it going? Who are you going to hit up in town to give a donation? If the town could come up with 50-60% of the costs, then I bet it would happen. Otherwise, it is a pipe dream and I think the basketball kids deserve better than what they play before the football kids.

AirWarren

The charter school is for the elementary and middle school. Not the high school. Grants for charter schools include "per pupil facility upgrades" which is supposed to enhance the education factor. The idea of a charter school is to improve ACADEMIC performance and not athletic performance, which in my opinion, is better than a high school football career. Furthermore, the high school is not a charter school.

Warren's best hope is that Jarius Wright, Chris Gragg, and Greg Childs would lay out a huge donation to their alma mater to help facility upgrades. However, that is not their responsibility or priority in life I would assume.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2014, 04:37:04 pm

Grant huh? Grants take a spike in town sales tax and an increase in mileage. What major wealth in town is going to pay for that? Most towns have donations that go toward turf at stadiums then they match it up with loans or these grants you speak of. Are you going to organize this fundraiser to get it going? Who are you going to hit up in town to give a donation? If the town could come up with 50-60% of the costs, then I bet it would happen. Otherwise, it is a pipe dream and I think the basketball kids deserve better than what they play before the football kids.
I do agree and I know about the mileage thing and the taxes, it can be done although it will take a bit of finagling and the basketball gym is terrible I hate even going to a game those wooden bleachers are real bad for a person that has rods and screws in his back. I agree if they got a better gym more people would come out and the reason they don't is because the gym is terrible. Least that's what they have said to me. Yes i can get some guys together that can get the 50% of the cost, they don't live her anymore but these Lawyers,Doctors,and industrial engineer for Gmac  can get it done all they need is a phone call. So what you got! :)

Jacketman65

Not as easy to raise these funds as some may think!  As I remember Stuttgart, with Riceland, Producers and Lennox, could not make it happen.

Big Fan

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 30, 2014, 04:23:56 pm
I was waiting for one of you idiots to say something go do your research and then make a response, A grant can be be received by the school dummies our high school will be a Charter school next year so find out some info B4 you open your mouths.  ;D
Wow...this is the dumbest darn thing you have ever posted.....and that's saying A LOT!  Warren's FB stadium will NEVER be upgraded with a grant.  Unbelievable!

Big Fan

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 30, 2014, 04:59:58 pm
Yes i can get some guys together that can get the 50% of the cost, they don't live her anymore but these Lawyers,Doctors,and industrial engineer for Gmac  can get it done all they need is a phone call.
Call them...get it done if it's that easy.  Why have you waited this long?

hawgfan15

Quote from: Big Fan on June 30, 2014, 05:09:52 pm
Wow...this is the dumbest darn thing you have ever posted.....and that's saying A LOT!  Warren's FB stadium will NEVER be upgraded with a grant.  Unbelievable!

Surely you aren't surprised Big Fan lol

Big Fan

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 30, 2014, 05:16:44 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on June 30, 2014, 05:09:52 pm

Surely you aren't surprised Big Fan lol
Not surprised, but stupidity never ceases to amaze me. 

AirWarren

June 30, 2014, 05:22:53 pm #28 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:25:03 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2014, 04:37:04 pm

I do agree and I know about the mileage thing and the taxes, it can be done although it will take a bit of finagling and the basketball gym is terrible I hate even going to a game those wooden bleachers are real bad for a person that has rods and screws in his back. I agree if they got a better gym more people would come out and the reason they don't is because the gym is terrible. Least that's what they have said to me. Yes i can get some guys together that can get the 50% of the cost, they don't live her anymore but these Lawyers,Doctors,and industrial engineer for Gmac  can get it done all they need is a phone call. So what you got! :)

I suggest you get in touch with...

1. The school Board.
2. Bo Hembree.
3. The doctors, lawyers, engineers you know,  the NFL guys, and all the towns corporations(BCMC, SouthARK Community College, UAM, the doctors, Private businessmen, farmers, lawyers, Armstrong, Potlatch, Maxwell flooring in Warren, the banks, eateries, etc) to see if you can get the money raised.

As far as what I got, honestly. I love my town. I love my school. But I don't give a rats behind if they get turf or not. What I care about is the program staying afloat and us continuing to win. Don't think turf will help that. So go forth superjack....Raise it for the turf!

SUGARTOWN

June 30, 2014, 08:21:53 pm #29 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:15:13 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 30, 2014, 05:06:17 pm
Not as easy to raise these funds as some may think!  As I remember Stuttgart, with Riceland, Producers and Lennox, could not make it happen.

Wrong again genius. The money was/is there, the school board didn't think it was a priority at this time and didn't approve the plan.

But I'm so glad to see another thread got turned into a Warren thread.  ::)

Hoghead

As much as Warren Airs it out you would think they would go with turf. But it does cost money !!!!  Nashville revamped Scrapper Stadium complete with a elevator. They didn't turf it out though. I say Warren and Nashville will go turf in a few years.  The rain games will cost them a game or two and bam ! Were getting turf !!!

Superjack45

I love my town and no other person can say it more than me but on the real I feel as if we all would benefit with the gym but the turf is coming in due time though but back to Arkie the field look great and maybe the jacks will get a chance to play on it some day.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on June 30, 2014, 08:59:41 pm
As much as Warren Airs it out you would think they would go with turf. But it does cost money !!!!  Nashville revamped Scrapper Stadium complete with a elevator. They didn't turf it out though. I say Warren and Nashville will go turf in a few years.  The rain games will cost them a game or two and bam ! Were getting turf !!!

If the rain in the '08 playoffs didn't convince Nashville to get turf then I'm not sure what rain will. However I have noticed that some important people have been looking closely at other schools who just recently got turf (Newport, Arkadelphia). I won't be surprised though if this is our next purchase. I know several people with say have been against it and Nashville does do a great job of keeping the field in top shape throughout the year.

whippersnapper

Turf is more about being able to practice on rainy days then the game.

Hoghead

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 30, 2014, 10:14:01 pm
Turf is more about being able to practice on rainy days then the game.

Maybe, but indoor facilities are better for that. Warren & Nashville have those.

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 30, 2014, 08:21:53 pm

Wrong again genius. The money was/is there, the school board didn't think it was a priority at this time and didn't approve the plan.

So you could not make it happen - Right?

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 30, 2014, 08:21:53 pm

If the money is there, what is the problem? 

Jack1990

So...how about that Arkadelphia Stadium!!

cuckoobird

July 01, 2014, 06:41:47 am #38 Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:25:43 am by cuckoobird
We recently increased the milage for school improvements. The school board doesnt want the blue hairs in town thinking their tax dollars are for turf. Over half of the cost was promised by businessmen throughout the community with a good chance more would be given but since it wasnt 100% of the cost, the school board denied it. And if I'm not mistaken the plan was for turf on the football field and the infields of baseball and softball fields.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Big Fan on June 30, 2014, 05:15:18 pm
Yes i can get some guys together that can get the 50% of the cost, they don't live her anymore but these Lawyers,Doctors,and industrial engineer for Gmac  can get it done all they need is a phone call.
a guy who can't remember his password to fearless is going to raise $600,000? you guys kill me.

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2014, 08:18:14 am
a guy who can't remember his password to fearless is going to raise $600,000? you guys kill me.
....with just a phone call.....jeeeez

Jack1990

Quote from: Big Fan on July 01, 2014, 10:05:55 am
At least now we know who to let manage all of our fundraising initiatives.  He can get $600,000 with a handful of phone calls.  I don't see how anyone can top that!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Jack1990 on July 01, 2014, 10:23:19 am
At least now we know who to let manage all of our fundraising initiatives.  He can get $600,000 with a handful of phone calls.  I don't see how anyone can top that!
bh will be driving a bmw convertible instead of a chevrolet truck.

AirWarren

Sponsored by Molly's Diner and The Sandwich shop.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on July 01, 2014, 10:32:14 am

Sponsored by Molly's Diner and The Sandwich shop.
Or maybe we can have uniforms that look more like NASCAR!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2014, 04:44:03 pm
The charter school is for the elementary and middle school. Not the high school. Grants for charter schools include "per pupil facility upgrades" which is supposed to enhance the education factor. The idea of a charter school is to improve ACADEMIC performance and not athletic performance, which in my opinion, is better than a high school football career. Furthermore, the high school is not a charter school.

Warren's best hope is that Jarius Wright, Chris Gragg, and Greg Childs would lay out a huge donation to their alma mater to help facility upgrades. However, that is not their responsibility or priority in life I would assume.
better let childs and gragg make a team before you ask for a donation. read somewhere where gragg has a 45% chance of making the bills this year.

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2014, 10:34:50 am

better let childs and gragg make a team before you ask for a donation. read somewhere where gragg has a 45% chance of making the bills this year.
His chances will increase with just a phone call from sj.

AirWarren

HAHA. I don't care either way.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 01, 2014, 11:35:53 am

HAHA. I don't care either way.
i do i'm pulling for both. feel so bad for childs. he has been really unlucky.

AirWarren

I was referring to the turf deal. I will always pull for Chris, Jay, and Greg. It's these phantom grants for turf I care nothing of.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas