• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh taking applications

Started by arthurhawgerelli, May 29, 2014, 01:10:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Town38

Hello fearless. Haven't posted on here in quite a while.  Don't know if anyone caught the evenings local news. Seems they had a bit of a press conference to announce their new head coach. Kind of seemed like they are working on getting that media train back and going again. I don't think that any of the local public schools have ever had a press conference to announce a new head coach. Seems kind of like elitism to me.

AirWarren

Are you surprised? Was Walt lurking in the audience?

Jacketman65

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on June 17, 2014, 10:30:33 am
Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2014, 10:20:35 am
Since then he has won 5, 4, 3, 2. GCT must not be known for producing solid football teams.
Have you ever heard otherwise?

In the 13 years prior to his arrival, GCT won 5 games once (2001).  In the six years since, they have won 5 or more games 3 times.  I don't think they will be good this year, but from what I understand, the new coach will reap the rewards of Conaway building up the football program from the 4th grade up.
And what he built at GCT, could fall apart over night with a new coach. Quite frankly, what has he built?  GCT and Shiloh will be the same as they have been for the past few years!   ???????

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 17, 2014, 08:54:14 pmAnd what he built at GCT, could fall apart over night with a new coach. Quite frankly, what has he built?  GCT and Shiloh will be the same as they have been for the past few years!   ???????
I'm talking about what he has built from pee wee football on up through senior high. They may not have been good the last few years, but he has built a strong foundation for a new coach to come in and not have to start over.  I don't think it will be immediate success regardless who they bring in.

AT

Quote from: G-Town38 on June 17, 2014, 07:20:43 pm
Hello fearless. Haven't posted on here in quite a while.  Don't know if anyone caught the evenings local news. Seems they had a bit of a press conference to announce their new head coach. Kind of seemed like they are working on getting that media train back and going again. I don't think that any of the local public schools have ever had a press conference to announce a new head coach. Seems kind of like elitism to me.

Alma did for Coach Loughridge.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: G-Town38 on June 17, 2014, 07:20:43 pm

Was there a magic show and pony?

Baitshop

That big "WHEW" sound that you are hearing is from the Bentonville Tiger fans....

Jacketman65

Quote from: Baitshop on June 17, 2014, 10:47:11 pm
That big "WHEW" sound that you are hearing is from the Bentonville Tiger fans....
No, they weren't worried, were they?  Bentonville or Shiloh - really?

phdefense

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 17, 2014, 11:24:47 pm
LOL, FS Southside people were insinuating that the Bentonville head coach was looking at Shiloh.

Baitshop

Quote from: phdefense on June 17, 2014, 11:37:03 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 17, 2014, 11:24:47 pm
LOL, FS Southside people were insinuating that the Bentonville head coach was looking at Shiloh.

It appears as if even Shiloh wasn't able to pony up the bucks to get CBL to give up his last 2 years at Bennie....

adaptedtigerfan

You know whoever they get ...  He MUST be a good recruiter!

AirWarren

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 18, 2014, 09:11:30 am

He coached there before. That's what Shiloh wants in the end. Someone that knows the ins and outs of running the shiloh business. An "In crowd" person.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2014, 09:36:14 am

He coached there before. That's what Shiloh wants in the end. Someone that knows the ins and outs of running the shiloh business. An "In crowd" person.
someone from warren has no business talking about the business side of $hiloh.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 18, 2014, 09:39:20 am

someone from warren has no business talking about the business side of $hiloh.

I don't see where I claimed Warren innocence in that post.

7AFBFAN

Shiloh and Bennie may be similar after the split. I predict they will need a good recruiter to continue with the same success. Shiloh needs to be in a class where they are the class. 2A?

tuna fish

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on June 17, 2014, 09:34:36 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 17, 2014, 08:54:14 pmAnd what he built at GCT, could fall apart over night with a new coach. Quite frankly, what has he built?  GCT and Shiloh will be the same as they have been for the past few years!   ???????
I'm talking about what he has built from pee wee football on up through senior high. They may not have been good the last few years, but he has built a strong foundation for a new coach to come in and not have to start over.  I don't think it will be immediate success regardless who they bring in.

The foundation at GCT is non existent. He had one year where they were decent and followed that up with 5, 4, 3, and 2 wins.  Along the way, his poor attitude alienated a lot of people.  It is a miracle that there were still any officials that would still go to GCT to officiate a game.  He was the biggest cry baby that I have ever watched roam the sideline.  A good coach/program builder would not keep trending downward after he has his system fully implemented. 5,4, 3, 2...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DerekOxford on June 17, 2014, 10:57:02 am
Conaway should get Shiloh back to winning the 4A-1, but that conference isn't just going to let the Saints come back in and dominate like they did from 2008-10.
With Farmington moving up and Ozark moving out it looks to me like the competition they will have is from Prairie Grove.

doober3

Who is/was Shiloh's Junior High coach and why wasn't he promoted?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: doober3 on June 18, 2014, 02:44:45 pm
Who is/was Shiloh's Junior High coach and why wasn't he promoted?
not sure and because guv's brother is not on $hiloh's school board.

Uncle Ivan

AirWarren

DogsWin7

At Oldman and his profound assessment of Wisdom and Guv??   :)

Uncle Ivan

cuckoobird

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 19, 2014, 02:52:08 pm
all of it

Mostly the hire.
come UI, he turned GCT into a powerhouse

wildcat_x-mgr

As a coordinator, position coach...? How long ago?

ricepig

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on June 19, 2014, 06:27:17 pm

As a coordinator, position coach...? How long ago?

OC before he went to GCT

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas