• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville

Started by polksalet, March 17, 2014, 12:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy

How did the team camp go? 

polksalet

Nashville looked really good from a talent standpoint. Snell seems to understand what he needs to do but still needs reps to get smooth at a new position. He seems to get better as te camp went on. Oline looks remarkably better than last year. Defense especially the line looks elite. All the other teams like good except for magnolia and spring hill. It's a tragedy what's happened to magnolia since the Reagan administration. Spring hill looked good for what they are but were just outmanned by the bigger schools. Gurdon looks really, really good.

Hoghead

How did Hope Qb's and team look ?

polksalet

Hope qb looked extremely good, lines are same way. Only weakness I perceived was a lack of backfield speed on both sides. But the team looked really solid.

hawgfan15

Nashville just got better this week. Chas Scott is moving back to Nashville for his senior year. He started at LB for the Scrappers as a sophomore. Last year he attended a Math and Science school, really smart kid. Glad to have him back

~WPS~

Good news there. The defense just got better.

Hoggy

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on June 24, 2014, 09:57:56 pm
Good news there. The defense just got better.
And the teams GPA

intruder

Nashville is so arrogant that no one has posted on this thread in a month.  The last few years have humbled the nation.  What is happening in Scrapperland

hawgfan15

The season will speak for itself. Not near as many posters on FF anymore. Expectations are high in "scrapperland" again. The next 3 seasons will have us back on track to the success we are use to.

~WPS~

Quote from: intruder on July 25, 2014, 10:10:47 pm
Nashville is so arrogant that no one has posted on this thread in a month.  The last few years have humbled the nation.  What is happening in Scrapperland
You sure about all that? Last I remember you live in Nashville and are either a fan or player.

intruder

I am positive, years past, we didn't leave the Nashville thread dead for a month, I am a fan, just rejuvinating the thread.

~WPS~

Very true. There's not much to gloat or brag about these days. Hopefully this season will bring back some of that enthusiasm. Putting it plain and simple, Nashville people are spoiled, everyone knows it. I'm one of them, however not the worst. After winning three titles and 70+ games in 6 years you get use to winning. Down years are magnified more and the bandwagon gets smaller.

polksalet

hawgfan15

Practice starts next week. Can't wait to get over there and start to get a better idea of what to expect week 1. High expectations this season

FBfan79

FL enters back into 4A with one of their smallest teams (decent) and Nashville of old is looking to return.... Greeeeaaatttt...

LJ06

Quote from: FBfan79 on August 01, 2014, 05:44:01 pm
FL enters back into 4A with one of their smallest teams (decent) and Nashville of old is looking to return.... Greeeeaaatttt...

Welcome back to 4A lol

FBfan79

Quote from: LJ06 on August 01, 2014, 05:49:30 pm

Welcome back to 4A lol

Lol Although the loss column might be heavy... a change of scenery and teams will be nice.  Looking forward to seeing the Scrappers this year.

LJ06

Quote from: FBfan79 on August 01, 2014, 06:03:27 pm

Welcome back to 4A lol

Lol Although the loss column might be heavy... a change of scenery and teams will be nice.  Looking forward to seeing the Scrappers this year.

And they aren't even the favorite to win 7-4A

FBfan79

Quote from: LJ06 on August 01, 2014, 06:04:27 pm

Welcome back to 4A lol

Just trying to stay on topic... Don't want to get policed.. I see what goes on here

hawgfan15

Welcome back to 4A lol

Who says?! Lol

Yeah 7-4A is pretty deep this year. Should be a very competitive league with a few teams having the capability to make a deep run.

LJ06

Quote from: FBfan79 on August 01, 2014, 06:11:35 pm

Welcome back to 4A lol

Just trying to stay on topic... Don't want to get policed.. I see what goes on here

Oh just hold your own you'll be fine

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 01, 2014, 06:12:37 pm

Welcome back to 4A lol

Who says?! Lol

Yeah 7-4A is pretty deep this year. Should be a very competitive league with a few teams having the capability to make a deep run.

Your fearless brethren! Lol

polksalet

How are 2 a days looking?

intruder

Two a days are long gone, lots of excitement going around.  F.E.A.R.

Bigbossman

Quote from: polksalet on March 20, 2014, 01:01:39 am
Nashville fans don't heckle others from the state because we're better in football. Its just because we're better, period.
I started reading through this thread, and I made it through a bunch of ricebird fans talking about titles they won back in the leather helmet days, and then I came across this post by my ol buddy polksalet, and I thought to myself, you know that is so true, and I really just didn't feel like reading through the rest of the posts, I mean what has been said here on polksalets post really says it all. We truly are just better, period.

By the way,  its good to be back, for those of you that dont know me, Im only here to troll and hurt your feelings.

cuckoobird

August 16, 2014, 08:21:57 am #325 Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:27:40 am by cuckoobird
Good to have you back bossman. Where you been? Cummins or Tucker

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 16, 2014, 08:21:57 am
Good to have you back bossman. Where you been? Cummins or Tucker
He's been at War Memorial waiting on The Scrappers to show up. He finally got tired of waiting and went back home.

Bigbossman

Been workin doubles at the chicken plant, cuttin heads off chicken round the clock. #poboygotpoways #errbodyaintable #arewehashtagginonfearlessthesedays

polksalet

hawgfan15

Orange and Black game tonight
Scrimmage against El Dorado next week at SAU

02 bobcats

How was the orange n black game last night!

~WPS~

Starting offense ran 11 plays and scored 3 TDs. Starting defense looked good, didn't give up a first down. The whole game was starters against backups so it is what it is. This Thursday will give much more of an indication of where the team is at.

02 bobcats

I was wondering how they was gone play the game. I saw your QB Snell at the 7 on 7 camp in hope n team camp up there. He looked pretty good n more comfortable as time went on. He is young but could be another Vaughn r shall I saw AJ?? Good luck in your scrimmage game

Hoghead

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 23, 2014, 06:48:55 pm
I was wondering how they was gone play the game. I saw your QB Snell at the 7 on 7 camp in hope n team camp up there. He looked pretty good n more comfortable as time went on. He is young but could be another Vaughn r shall I saw AJ?? Good luck in your scrimmage game

AJ Whitmore and P. Vaughn he is not. Snell has talent, BUT.....He isn't at that level. Those two Nashville Qb's had Ice water in their veins !

polksalet

August 24, 2014, 03:31:41 am #334 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:46:41 pm by polksalet
Ditto. He's isn't in that category (at least yet) but he migh get there someday. He does have more talent at the skill positions than the other two so I wouldn't be surprised to see similar results.

02 bobcats

After watching in 7 on 7 n team camps I believe he can be also. He is a very skilled player. The more they played the more confident he got. I'm not saying he will be either but he sure fits the mold and has the ability of a Vaughn r Aj. Isn't he just a JR???

hawgfan15

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 24, 2014, 02:55:20 pm
After watching in 7 on 7 n team camps I believe he can be also. He is a very skilled player. The more they played the more confident he got. I'm not saying he will be either but he sure fits the mold and has the ability of a Vaughn r Aj. Isn't he just a JR???

Yes he is a junior

02 bobcats

I thought so. He will be a good one

SUGARTOWN

So I'm seeing that Pettway decommitrd from Ole Miss and is back considering the Hogs...interesting.

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 01, 2014, 11:10:45 am
So I'm seeing that Pettway decommitrd from Ole Miss and is back considering the Hogs...interesting.

Yep just a matter of time now before he is a hog. With KJ Hill and Will Gragg jumping on board they have persuaded Pettway to Arkansas. This instate class could be what puts Arkansas back in the mix in the SEC.

I know Gragg hasn't officially committed yet but it is pretty much a done deal

SUGARTOWN

I agree, those 3 would be a great group of pass catchers.

polksalet

The new coach in 2016 will have some decent tools to work with.

Hoghead

Quote from: polksalet on September 03, 2014, 08:02:44 pm
The new coach in 2016 will have some decent tools to work with.

I'm thinking the same thing Polksalet........

polksalet

Haha, I'm glad we're finally on the same page.

Bigbossman

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 17, 2014, 03:16:29 pm
They need all the practice they can get
Uh oh........ looks like they took your advice, and got all the practice they could. 

Hoggy

I dont see it.  We have definetely improved.  Our offensive line will probably be the nations best next season along with the nations best rb's and a senior experienced qb.  Defense will be better surely.  I see us winning 5 or 6 games this year and 7 or 8 next year.  If that happens he isnt going anywhere

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoggy on September 12, 2014, 04:34:52 pm
I dont see it.  We have definetely improved.  Our offensive line will probably be the nations best next season along with the nations best rb's and a senior experienced qb.  Defense will be better surely.  I see us winning 5 or 6 games this year and 7 or 8 next year.  If that happens he isnt going anywhere

Nashville only win 5 or 6 games this year?

Sorry if I am missing the sarcasm... It is sarcasm right?

cuckoobird

No he has inside info

gobey

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 12, 2014, 05:49:12 pm

Think he means the Razorbacks.

hawgfan15

Quote from: gobey on September 12, 2014, 06:45:10 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 12, 2014, 05:49:12 pm

Think he means the Razorbacks.

Got ya, yep I see that now. My bad

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas