• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville

Started by polksalet, March 17, 2014, 12:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldScrap

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 19, 2014, 09:49:56 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 18, 2014, 10:47:38 pm
Scrapper haters in full swing early this year. Must mean that Nashville is going to be good.
I love the scrappers and their fans. It's fun to put them in their place when they start proclaiming how much better their program is. All I have to do is point to who has more titles................... but in no way is the scrapper nation as bad as Warren fanatics.

You need to go back & look, this Scrapper did not say the Scrapper were better than everyone else. In fact my prediction for this past season was that our Scrapper would probably win as many as we would lose.

So no, you have not put me in my place, I have put you in your place.  :)

And if you do not believe me do a search, & you will find what I stated is true.

Enjoy!

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 09:03:27 pm
We are talking a lot of history here. Sorry clinton doesnt play football or you could play along too.  Now go home rose
If I recall correctly, you have no history with Stuttgart.  Your son yes, but you no.  You were run out of DeWitt not too many years ago so you are just trying to ride the wagon so to speak. By the way Clinton does play football.

cuckoobird

March 21, 2014, 06:51:58 am #102 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:02:48 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Jacketman65 on March 20, 2014, 11:33:06 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 09:03:27 pm
We are talking a lot of history here. Sorry clinton doesnt play football or you could play along too.  Now go home rose
If I recall correctly, you have no history with Stuttgart.  Your son yes, but you no.  You were run out of DeWitt not too many years ago so you are just trying to ride the wagon so to speak. By the way Clinton does play football.
Run out of Dewitt....... lmbo you're funny. I Graduated from Gillett goob and it would be sons (plural), get your stories straight. And I guess you're right, Clinton plays football, just never really been good at it. So, you have no history you would like to remember

OLDSCHOOL82

Nashville has a football team?

cuckoobird

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on March 25, 2014, 01:39:19 pm
Nashville has a football team?
not recently but they are putting all their hopes on 15 yards against Lincoln...

polksalet

Hoops town bowey!!!

OldScrap

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 10:22:22 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 09:19:34 am
^^^ more of putting them in their place ^^^

Lol nice try but like I said I will take 20 years of success over the last 3 years Stuttgart has had. Y'all can count the last 3 years,  and we will count the next 3 years.

I'm proud to be from Nashville as everyone else I'm sure is proud of their team. I wouldn't trade the tradition, fan/town support, or facilities with any other team in the state. We have established ourselves as a dominant program who has far more great seasons and deep runs than 6 wins and 1st round exits. I don't have to argue for this program, it has placed itself 2nd to none over the last 20 years.

And we should be proud of what the old timers did, some seems to throw them out as if they were never Scrappers.

A win is a win, & our old timers played many teams that were much larger than us.

Jealously, not having such a tradition in their background, makes others want to call it "Nothing, Worthless!" I feel sure if they had such a tradition in their background they would be claiming it.

I've talked with some of the old timers from yesterday years, your father probably has too, & it was a joy to hear about their experiences of going to other towns by cars, traveling many gravel roads going & coming, playing schools who had more than twice as many players as we did It had to be tough in many ways. Wow, on game now they had some very long nights crowded & packed in old cars like sardines. Its a wonder they did as good as they did. They surely had the Scrapper Spirit.

OldScrap

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 20, 2014, 02:22:43 pm
LaMichael Pettway is in Fayetteville today (his birthday) on an official visit. And he has just received an offer from the U of A.

Sorry but I don't get over here to often anymore. Tell me if you can what our Scrapper will be doing this coming year. Now I have no inside look at them any more. Thanks.

hawgfan15

Quote from: OldScrap on March 29, 2014, 12:14:46 am
LaMichael Pettway is in Fayetteville today (his birthday) on an official visit. And he has just received an offer from the U of A.

Sorry but I don't get over here to often anymore. Tell me if you can what our Scrapper will be doing this coming year. Now I have no inside look at them any more. Thanks.

LaMichael just toured the SEC West during his spring break. He visited Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss. A month ago he visited Alabama and was offered by them. He has offers from Ole Miss and Arkansas as well. He should pick up several more offers between now and signing day next year. He will be fun to watch this next season

Hoghead

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 29, 2014, 02:18:20 am
Quote from: OldScrap on March 29, 2014, 12:14:46 am

LaMichael just toured the SEC West during his spring break. He visited Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss. A month ago he visited Alabama and was offered by them. He has offers from Ole Miss and Arkansas as well. He should pick up several more offers between now and signing day next year. He will be fun to watch this next season

Man I thought he was a SENIOR !!!!!!  Seems like he's been there forever.  Well Nashville should be a load next year on offense with that RB coming up from 9th grade and Pettaway still there in Scrapperville. See Ya in  Hope !!!!

polksalet

As best I can tell we have the best starters and depth at skill positions since 3 peat bunches. But there may be multiple Sophomore starters on offensive line which scares me. D line should be elite as I secondary. Not sure about lb's. I think our future depends on how well and how fast those mammoth sophomore offensive lineman mature.

Hoghead

Quote from: polksalet on April 02, 2014, 12:09:18 am
As best I can tell we have the best starters and depth at skill positions since 3 peat bunches. But there may be multiple Sophomore starters on offensive line which scares me. D line should be elite as I secondary. Not sure about lb's. I think our future depends on how well and how fast those mammoth sophomore offensive lineman mature.

You might have to line up in the I and run more this year. Then ease into Scrapper Air. Who's the QB ? Is it the same QB who split with Pettaway last year ?

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on April 02, 2014, 10:42:07 pm
Quote from: polksalet on April 02, 2014, 12:09:18 am

You might have to line up in the I and run more this year. Then ease into Scrapper Air. Who's the QB ? Is it the same QB who split with Pettaway last year ?

I expect Lucas Liggin (started last year) to be the starter week 1 at Hope. I won't be surprised to see Pettway and Snell take some snaps also. A lot of that will depend on our offensive line and how good we are there up front. This could be the biggest line we have had in awhile but will be young.

intruder

Honea, Ogden, and Adcock will be on O-Line.  I firmly believe there will be a couple of upper classmen that will step up on O-Line.  Saying that, I don't believe there will be as many holes there as one might think.  WHO WILL BE NEW D-COORINATOR???

hawgfan15

Quote from: intruder on April 04, 2014, 09:30:08 am
Honea, Ogden, and Adcock will be on O-Line.  I firmly believe there will be a couple of upper classmen that will step up on O-Line.  Saying that, I don't believe there will be as many holes there as one might think.  WHO WILL BE NEW D-COORINATOR???

I would guess the other two will be Jr Troy Thomas and SR Austin Goodson. Soph Jarvis Holmes could start but I bet he starts at DT for us.

I have no inside knowledge on the defensive coordinator job but I hope it is Clint Reed. He did an outstanding job here as the d-line coach during two of the championships. He has a connection to this team now and I hope that works in our favor.

intruder

Brad Chesshir was hired last night to replace Boomer Brown

AirWarren

Quote from: intruder on April 22, 2014, 08:15:05 am
Brad Chesshir was hired last night to replace Boomer Brown

You knew brad would come home given the chance. Saw him coaching a LA high school game last year. Congrats to him for coming home.

DerekOxford

Sept. 5  @ Hope L
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen W
Sept. 19  vs. Watson Chapel W
Sept. 26  vs. Arkadelphia W
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake W
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron W
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown W
Oct. 24  @ Mena W
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern W
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite W

9-1 (7-0)

GuvHog

Quote from: DerekOxford on April 22, 2014, 09:06:38 am
Sept. 5  @ Hope L
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen W
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron W
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown W
Oct. 24  @ Mena W
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern W
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite W

9-1 (7-0)

I'd be careful about predicting a win over WC if I were you. Since they're getting a new head coach, they won't be running the same system they ran last year.

DerekOxford

Quote from: GuvHog on April 22, 2014, 10:29:17 am
Sept. 5  @ Hope L
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen W
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron W
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown W
Oct. 24  @ Mena W
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern W
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite W

9-1 (7-0)

I'd be careful about predicting a win over WC if I were you. Since they're getting a new head coach, they won't be running the same system they ran last year.

They won there last year and they can't beat them at home with a better team? Just because they're running a different system doesn't mean anything.

GuvHog

Quote from: DerekOxford on April 22, 2014, 10:41:52 am
Quote from: GuvHog on April 22, 2014, 10:29:17 am
Sept. 5  @ Hope L
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen W
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron W
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown W
Oct. 24  @ Mena W
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern W
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite W

9-1 (7-0)

They won there last year and they can't beat them at home with a better team? Just because they're running a different system doesn't mean anything.

Nashville won at WC last season strictly because of WC's turnovers and coaching problems. The Wildcats won't be running that antiquated Wishbone formation anymore and return a good number of starters from last year so they should be a better team. The key word there is "should".

~WPS~

I think Nashville has a better chance of beating Hope than Watson Chapel. But a good chance at beating both. JMO

Hoghead

^^^^^ Turnovers usually prevents you from winning. It's part of the game.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on April 22, 2014, 10:52:43 am
Nashville won at WC last season strictly because of WC's turnovers and coaching problems. The Wildcats won't be running that antiquated Wishbone formation anymore and return a good number of starters from last year so they should be a better team. The key word there is "should".
lol....same song, second verse.

DerekOxford

It's alright, GuvHog is also the one that thinks Indiana State beat Michigan State for the national championship in basketball in 1979.

cuckoobird

Quote from: DerekOxford on April 22, 2014, 12:00:28 pm
It's alright, GuvHog is also the one that thinks Indiana State beat Michigan State for the national championship in basketball in 1979.
Larry is the man!!!!!!

hawgfan15

The Hope game will be a good one. It should be one of the biggest crowds this rivalry has seen in awhile. I don't think Hope will have enough on offense to get it done this year, they lost a lot.

I think the Malvern game will decide conference champs. Malvern is flying under the radar going into next season.

Hoghead

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on April 22, 2014, 11:03:09 am
I think Nashville has a better chance of beating Hope than Watson Chapel. But a good chance at beating both. JMO

You better second guess that Hope will lose to Nashville. Hope lost only one player off of it's O-Line from last year. The Bobcats will simply reload at the skill spots.  Baby Boy Stubor at QB, Slick Caple at WR, J-Love at RB. The game is in Hope this year and I know the Scrappers want revenge of what happened "ON THE HILL" (35-21) This might be one of Hope's most explosive teams since the DD Holyfield years. Sleep on the Bobcats if you must, but you'll wake up to a nightmare just like last year in Nashville.

luckyduck

Quote from: Hoghead on April 23, 2014, 01:16:22 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on April 22, 2014, 11:03:09 am

You better second guess that Hope will lose to Nashville. Hope lost only one player off of it's O-Line from last year. The Bobcats will simply reload at the skill spots.  Baby Boy Stubor at QB, Slick Caple at WR, J-Love at RB. The game is in Hope this year and I know the Scrappers want revenge of what happened "ON THE HILL" (35-21) This might be one of Hope's most explosive teams since the DD Holyfield years. Sleep on the Bobcats if you must, but you'll wake up to a nightmare just like last year in Nashville.
You cant just reload and replace Westmoreland.  He was that good.  I didnt think Hope would win last year though and they did

hawgfan15

And you are dreaming if you think Hope will be as good as they were last year. That senior class won't be easily replaced. A lot of holes on both sides for Hope. It will be easy to run away from Agim with Potts now gone. Nashville by two TD's

Hoghead

Westmoreland was good. But KJ Thompson did the major damage in Nashville last year with 3 TD catches. Believe me when I tell you Coach Turley has some Weapons. The defense won't be as salty. But Hope will be able to score quick and a lot !

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on April 23, 2014, 03:20:36 pm
Westmoreland was good. But KJ Thompson did the major damage in Nashville last year with 3 TD catches. Believe me when I tell you Coach Turley has some Weapons. The defense won't be as salty. But Hope will be able to score quick and a lot !

I would disagree, Westmoreland and that big FB did the damage by controlling the clock with long drives. Thompson didn't do much if you take out the dropped/tipped INT that landed in his hands for a long TD. Better have a good DB that can match up with Pettway. That is something Hope hasn't seen yet.

The key will be can Nashville's Oline give Liggin enough time to get the ball to the playmakers. Our offensive line is the big question mark going into next year. The talent is there but will be young and inexperienced

Hoghead

It'll be a good game. Cheatem will be the DB on Pettway. All we can do is try and contain him.

luckyduck

Saw Pettway play twice last year.  All I can say is Im shocked Bama offered him.

hawgfan15

Quote from: luckyduck on April 24, 2014, 08:32:22 am
Saw Pettway play twice last year.  All I can say is Im shocked Bama offered him.

And what two games was that? If you saw Nashville twice then you should have noticed we had a hard time throwing the ball down field accurately. That was also his first year at the position. Come check him out this year and let us know what you think

It is all about projection man. A 6'4 WR with legit 4.5 speed that has good hands is hard to find. Last year he played at 190, now he is 205 and will only get bigger. He will be fun to watch this year

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on April 24, 2014, 10:59:37 am

And what two games was that? If you saw Nashville twice then you should have noticed we had a hard time throwing the ball down field accurately. That was also his first year at the position. Come check him out this year and let us know what you think

It is all about projection man. A 6'4 WR with legit 4.5 speed that has good hands is hard to find. Last year he played at 190, now he is 205 and will only get bigger. He will be fun to watch this year
gets much bigger and he will be a tight end

Jimbo Morphis

yup, saban is an idiot. he has no idea what he is doing.

Super jack

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 19, 2014, 09:49:56 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 18, 2014, 10:47:38 pm
Scrapper haters in full swing early this year. Must mean that Nashville is going to be good.
I love the scrappers and their fans. It's fun to put them in their place when they start proclaiming how much better their program is. All I have to do is point to who has more titles................... but in no way is the scrapper nation as bad as Warren fanatics.
splish! Splash ! Bite. I see you are I rare form already. I hope you are ready for a ear full from the Jacks Fanatics.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2014, 11:25:02 am

Nothing against Pettway, but Saban's not infallible.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 24, 2014, 01:57:57 pm

he either knows what he is doing or is really lucky.

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2014, 02:02:45 pm

NS is not as fallible as the posters on this board.  I would take my chances on Nick's opinion when it comes to talent. 

luckyduck

Quote from: Big Fan on April 24, 2014, 02:05:54 pm

NS is not as fallible as the posters on this board.  I would take my chances on Nick's opinion when it comes to talent.
Right now Bama is currently without a QB who could crack Hogs top 3.  They are that awful

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: luckyduck on April 25, 2014, 01:35:33 pm

Right now Bama is currently without a QB who could crack Hogs top 3.  They are that awful
i'll call bs on that one. remember what our qb's look like playing the bama defense.

cuckoobird

being a homer is ok luckyduck but that's just assinine

SUGARTOWN

Right now their QB's may not be great, but I think FSU transfer Jacob Coker will see significant playing time when conference play rolls around. He should be more than adequate for them to contend again this year.

luckyduck

Like I said QB's they have on campus right now.  I recorded and watched their spring game twice.  Worst QB play ive probably ever seen from BCS school.  Saban would agree

luckyduck

I am far from a homer.  Ive been banned from Hogville for saying Mustain sucked when we had him.  Also said Mallett and Wilson would neither do anything in NFL.  Got killed for that too

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: luckyduck on April 25, 2014, 03:02:25 pm
I am far from a homer.  Ive been banned from Hogville for saying Mustain sucked when we had him.  Also said Mallett and Wilson would neither do anything in NFL.  Got killed for that too
mallett seems to be doing ok.

cuckoobird

April 25, 2014, 03:06:31 pm #148 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:09:25 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: luckyduck on April 25, 2014, 03:01:28 pm
Like I said QB's they have on campus right now.  I recorded and watched their spring game twice.  Worst QB play ive probably ever seen from BCS school.  Saban would agree
a lot of QB's look bad playing against Alabama's defense and in case you missed our qb play last season I'm sure you can find film somewhere. Our starter was awful and if lil brother couldn't beat him out then that says enough to know he's worse.

GuvHog

Quote from: DerekOxford on April 22, 2014, 12:00:28 pm

Touche'. I had forgotten that was the year the Spartans had Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Magic's team did indeed win it all.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas