• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville

Started by polksalet, March 17, 2014, 12:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

Bigbossman said to tell y'all Nashville is already practicing in pads.

cuckoobird

They need all the practice they can get

OldScrap

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 17, 2014, 03:16:29 pm

Didn't that team in Northwest Arkansas say that, "The one who wants to win, & works hard, puts in much practice time, is the one that wins," & it seemed to have worked for them, for a while at least! ::)

cuckoobird

Im trying to figure out which team youre comparing the scrappers to. Waldron or dover.....

pgfan2016

Quote from: OldScrap on March 17, 2014, 04:00:20 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 17, 2014, 03:16:29 pm

Didn't that team in Northwest Arkansas say that, "The one who wants to win, & works hard, puts in much practice time, is the one that wins," & it seemed to have worked for them, for a while at least! ::)

It's bad enough for scrapper nation when you lose to PG, but when you lose to Lincoln??,  OMG,  shut down the program.  Nobody with any credibility should ever lose to Lincoln!!!  You might as well be kissing your sister.

~WPS~

Scrapper haters in full swing early this year. Must mean that Nashville is going to be good.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 18, 2014, 10:47:38 pm
Scrapper haters in full swing early this year. Must mean that Nashville is going to be good.

Slowly getting back to the old days

SUGARTOWN

Nah, it's just that you guys are the only ones starting new threads right now and giving people something to comment on...

cuckoobird

I love the scrappers and their fans. It's fun to put them in their place when they start proclaiming how much better their program is. All I have to do is point to who has more titles................... but in no way is the scrapper nation as bad as Warren fanatics.

~WPS~

March 19, 2014, 10:08:51 am #9 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:10:23 am by Ballplayer1
You love us?! Wow the world really is coming to an end.

And by the way, Stuttgart has 7 titles, Nashville 7. Last time I checked, that's the same.

cuckoobird

March 19, 2014, 10:14:17 am #10 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:26:42 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 10:08:51 am

And by the way, Stuttgart has 7 titles, Nashville 7. Last time I checked, that's the same.
I think Nashville has 5 according to the tripleA. If you take all titles Stuttgart actually has 9 and Nashville has 7.

Sugartown can give a more accurate assessment though

SUGARTOWN

March 19, 2014, 10:46:41 am #11 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:49:36 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 19, 2014, 10:14:17 am

I think Nashville has 5 according to the tripleA. If you take all titles Stuttgart actually has 9 and Nashville has 7.

Yeah, according to the AAA Stuttgart has 7, Nashville does not. Some of yours are like some of Alabama's, they claim them but they're not recognized by any official body.

Here's the link from 2007 AAA record book (when you last won a title) http://www.ahsaa.org/public/docs/06-07%20SportsRecBook.pdf and if you scroll down you'll see the Scrappers aren't even listed with 5, so at most you had 4 then add the 2007 title and that makes 5. Stuttgart has 6, add the 2012 title and that makes 7 for the Ricebirds.

loyal fan

~WPS~

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 19, 2014, 10:46:41 am

Yeah, according to the AAA Stuttgart has 7, Nashville does not. Some of yours are like some of Alabama's, they claim them but they're not recognized by any official body.

Here's the link from 2007 AAA record book (when you last won a title) http://www.ahsaa.org/public/docs/06-07%20SportsRecBook.pdf and if you scroll down you'll see the Scrappers aren't even listed with 5, so at most you had 4 then add the 2007 title and that makes 5. Stuttgart has 6, add the 2012 title and that makes 7 for the Ricebirds.
In 1941, Nashville was named "SW Arkansas Champions", 1942 named "State Champions" after winning two postseason games, head coach was even named coach of the year in Arkansas, 1955 finished ranked #1 in class A. Then of course 1996, 2005-2007.

~WPS~

Something I would be interested to know is how many titles in all sports total each team in 4A has.

DerekOxford

What happened to Boomer Brown? He step down?

~WPS~

An assistant on the Jr. High staff retired due to health problems and Boomer has stepped down to take that position. I have a few thoughts on why he decided to do this but I'll keep them to myself.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 11:28:53 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 19, 2014, 10:46:41 am

In 1941, Nashville was named "SW Arkansas Champions", 1942 named "State Champions" after winning two postseason games, head coach was even named coach of the year in Arkansas, 1955 finished ranked #1 in class A. Then of course 1996, 2005-2007.

SW Arkansas Champions? LOL....I guess you get a 1/4 of a state title for that. And who "named" them the champs in 1942? The Nashville Gazette?  :D

~WPS~

Well in 1942 they went undefeated and 5 of the 9 wins were against larger schools at the time. I don't know who named them champions, and don't really care.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 12:37:54 pm
Well in 1942 they went undefeated and 5 of the 9 wins were against larger schools at the time. I don't know who named them champions, and don't really care.

Oh, you just "heard" they were the champs in '42. OK. LOL  ::)

Y'all can claim whatever you want, but myself and everyone else outside of Howard County will go with the facts, and the facts say you have five.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 19, 2014, 12:43:41 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 12:37:54 pm

Oh, you just "heard" they were the champs in '42. OK. LOL  ::)

Y'all can claim whatever you want, but myself and everyone else outside of Howard County will go with the facts, and the facts say you have five.
And you folks in Stuttgart just keep calling yourselves the best program in 4A, I'm sure somebody will believe you. ::)

~WPS~

Sugar and Cuck, look at my signature at the bottom...because I'm a history guy, see what you guys can come up with for Stuttgart.

cuckoobird

March 19, 2014, 01:19:32 pm #23 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:21:52 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 01:10:58 pm
Sugar and Cuck, look at my signature at the bottom...because I'm a history guy, see what you guys can come up with for Stuttgart.
you can come up with whatever you like. Facts are facts and Nashville isn't even the second best all alone. You share second place with PB Dollarway in state titles for football

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 19, 2014, 01:19:32 pm
you can come up with whatever you like. Facts are facts and Nashville isn't even the second best all alone. You share second place with PB Dollarway in state titles.

Are we talking about just in 4A? If so, they now drop back another spot since Shiloh is back. They have 7 also.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 19, 2014, 01:23:08 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 19, 2014, 01:19:32 pm
you can come up with whatever you like. Facts are facts and Nashville isn't even the second best all alone. You share second place with PB Dollarway in state titles.

Are we talking about just in 4A? If so, they now drop back another spot since Shiloh is back. They have 7 also.
oh that's right. Congratulations Scrappers!!! you are now tied for 3rd place in football championships!  ;D

This is why I said I loved the scrapper nation. Love putting them in their place that is....

SUGARTOWN

I wasn't aware we had an indoor track championship in Arkansas. Who has an indoor track??? Besides the UA.

cuckoobird

You guys better hope McGehee stays down in 3a or you will be tied for 5th

SUGARTOWN

Impressive list of girls track titles. Y'all should get some of the girl athletes to play football. Maybe then you'd have more than 5 titles.  :)

~WPS~

I think you two should thank me for providing you something to smack your chops about today. Lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 02:05:45 pm
I think you two should thank me for providing you something to smack your chops about today. Lol

I still want to know about these "indoor track" titles. Y'all have an indoor track? I've never seen it, maybe I've just missed it....

~WPS~

There's a state indoor meet every February. All classes compete. It's at the U of A.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 02:41:58 pm
There's a state indoor meet every February. All classes compete. It's at the U of A.
so it's like those phantom titles in 41 and 42? lol If ya'll keep playing all those 2a schools in baseball maybe they will name you honorary 2a baseball champs this year too....

~WPS~

How is that a phantom title. It's recognized by the AAA. Come up with something better.

cuckoobird

March 19, 2014, 02:50:53 pm #34 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:54:28 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 02:49:14 pm
How is that a phantom title. It's recognized by the AAA. Come up with something better.
Ok I can. Those indoor track titles are for schools who don't play basketball or football very well.... :P I think Dewitt even has some of those

SUGARTOWN

March 19, 2014, 02:53:12 pm #35 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:59:50 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 02:49:14 pm

I proved earlier that they weren't recognized by the AAA, or at least 2 of your football titles aren't.

And indoor track is nowhere in the AAA records. I'm not saying you didn't compete in the meet, just saying they don't have any record of it...

~WPS~

March 19, 2014, 03:03:16 pm #36 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:20:24 pm by Ballplayer1
Those big trophies in the trophy case are enough to get it recognized.
Indoor track that is, the football titles from the 40's I wasn't alive to see, I've just read it. Back then they only recognized one champion a lot of the time. There's probably numerous teams throughout the state that claim titles from back then, the AAA seems to only recognize Little Rock as I guess the overall champion.   

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 03:03:16 pm
Those big trophies in the trophy case are enough to get it recognized.

Anybody can get a trophy made up, lol. Matter of fact, I have some relatives in Nashville who do that type of thing. :)

~WPS~

I've received some of those trophies, directly from the hands of a AAA official. If you want to take it to a personal level, don't try to take away from what I, along with many others, put hard work into. I take pride in my town and am proud to at one time have represented it by winning a state title. Whether you think it's true or not, I don't really care. I couldn't care less about what you or your buddies from Stuttgart think. Bottom line, Nashville's athletic program, is, was, and will always be one of the top programs in the state. The 50 yard long trophy case in the arena is proof of that.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 03:28:01 pm
I've received some of those trophies, directly from the hands of a AAA official. If you want to take it to a personal level, don't try to take away from what I, along with many others, put hard work into. I take pride in my town and am proud to at one time have represented it by winning a state title. Whether you think it's true or not, I don't really care. I couldn't care less about what you or your buddies from Stuttgart think. Bottom line, Nashville's athletic program, is, was, and will always be one of the top programs in the state. The 50 yard long trophy case in the arena is proof of that.

Obviously you care what we and everybody else thinks that's why you listed all of those "titles" in your sig line and why you keep commenting about it.

BTW, this is the FOOTBALL message board, not the track, girl's softball or golf board, they have their own boards. Let's try to stay on topic.  8)

~WPS~

Just spreading information. Hopefully I'll educate some of you ignorant folks.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 03:46:25 pm
Just spreading information. Hopefully I'll educate some of you ignorant folks.
you mean like how many football titles ya'll have....

~WPS~

5 recognized by the AAA
7 claimed

I'm not arguing that.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 19, 2014, 03:49:25 pm
5 recognized by the AAA
7 claimed

I'm not arguing that.

Had you just said that 3 hours ago this whole conversation would've never happened...lol.

SUGARTOWN

But this sure seems like you're trying to say you have 7, maybe I misunderstood. It's been known to happen.

Let me ask you this, when someone asks you for $5, do you give them $7? Because I was thinking 5=7 in SW Arkansas. j/k

~WPS~

I honestly didn't know how many the AAA recognized.

I got a free coke at a football game in Prescott one time, gave the girl $5, got $5 back. So counting might not be a strong thing down here. Lol

hawgfan15

I will take 4 state championships in the last 20 years over 2. Heck y'all win a championship and lose to Marianna the next year. Your program may be relevant for a year and then disappear for 10. You have already started that cycle again and nothing will change this season.

You want to count championships from the '40's go ahead. I will take being one of the most dominant programs in the state over the last 20 years. Keep bringing up the good ole days while the current team struggles to win 6 games. Nashville will be adding wins and trophies over the next 3 years

polksalet

Nashville fans don't heckle others from the state because we're better in football. Its just because we're better, period.

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 12:08:48 am
I will take 4 state championships in the last 20 years over 2. Heck y'all win a championship and lose to Marianna the next year. Your program may be relevant for a year and then disappear for 10. You have already started that cycle again and nothing will change this season.

You want to count championships from the '40's go ahead. I will take being one of the most dominant programs in the state over the last 20 years. Keep bringing up the good ole days while the current team struggles to win 6 games. Nashville will be adding wins and trophies over the next 3 years
or you could say Nashville has only been relevant for those 10 years that you won 4 titles. It can go either way

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 12:08:48 am

It's your boy Ballplayer who was counting those titles from the 40's that no one else recognizes, not me.

Nashville had a great run for those 20 years no question about it, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you lose in the first round last year, just like Stuttgart? Looks like ya'll won a title in 1955 then had a long 40 year drought. Yep, that's real dominance.  ::)

The last 3 years Stuttgart has won 26 games and a state title, Nashville has won 22 games and not even a conference title. Hmmm, who's living in the past?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas