• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron's on road to Success

Started by DogsWin7, March 02, 2012, 08:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will Waldron win in 2013?

0 games
2 games
3 games
4 games
5 +
Will they just be improved

whippersnapper

The assistant is the former coach at Jonesboro Westside and in 2 years took them to 2 playoff appearances after only having 1 before.

DogsWin7

I NEVER dreamed about Success.....I WORKED for it.- Estée Lauder.   Girl Quote. :)

Hoghead

The Waldron saga  continues. Hoghead puts in mixed tape and VCR tapes of Waldrons best season.  Lights Newport and pours beverage.

Jacketman65

I don't think it will ever go away!

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on July 19, 2014, 09:50:57 pm
The Waldron saga  continues. Hoghead puts in mixed tape and VCR tapes of Waldrons best season.  Lights Newport and pours beverage.

Hope it's a small glass and half a cigarette.

whippersnapper

With a 3-6 playoff record it has to be.

DogsWin7

But that's the past, right??

Hopefully, with the hiring of all New Coaches, and good ones, it will turn around for them in a couple of years.

They hired new Basketball Coaches too, I heard.    I do know that I read they are attending team camps.   It all seems to be developing and that's good. 

It will be hard for Waldron, with the schedule I've seen in conference games for football this year, but maybe their non-conference games, with Lavaca, Paris and Mansfield they might could get a win or more.     

cuckoobird

Congrats DH you made the Hall of fame!!!

rougarou

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

I don't know Who or What you are but if you have a problem with me,  I suggest you get over it quickly or message me.   

I don't play whatever game it is your running.   

rougarou

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 12, 2014, 03:32:51 pm
I don't know Who or What you are but if you have a problem with me,  I suggest you get over it quickly or message me.   

I suggest you start supporting your own school, community, and the people who support you!   

cuckoobird

DogsWin7

Quote from: rougarou on August 12, 2014, 04:33:10 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 12, 2014, 03:32:51 pm

I suggest you start supporting your own school, community, and the people who support you!

I don't work for any school and being a football fan isn't a crime and it certainly isn't a crime to support kids of family and friends of other schools on a HS Sports Website.....but I will inform you that outing a person, and posting personal info publically on this site is forbidden.   

Again,  why don't you answer your PM's??    If you think by threatening me with fake info is going to work....think again. :)

cuckoobird

But you would be the only dog   Ha ha ha jk

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 12, 2014, 04:42:01 pm
But you would be the only dog   Ha ha ha jk
So you know this Rougarou??    It's a cat and not a werewolf??  or is it a she??   

True.....I'm an old and lazy dog, especially in the dog days of summer..lol.......Star City posters have posted on this thread too there Cuckoo......;)

DogsWin7

Cuckoo.....Check your messages....:)

Jack1990

Sits back with popcorn and a diet coke preparing to watch the excitement!

DogsWin7

You still like excitement??   

Jack1990

DogsWin7

Suzuki Libation Nation

DogsWin7

Suzuki Libation Nation

Jacketman65

DogsWin7

Coach Venny Slocombe

This thread might go on another 15 years until Waldron wins a game...lol...

beach bum

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 07, 2014, 03:57:56 pm
This thread might go on another 15 years until Waldron wins a game...lol...

I have always seriously wondered... Could the right coach actually bring them on the road to success. Or is it a doomed situation?

AmSycho

There are numerous programs in the state that need the "right" coach to come along to even have a shot at success. The problem is, most of these schools that I'm talking about are virtual dumpster fires that most coaches wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. On one hand, it turns into a money issue as well. The administrators are putting bandades over bullet wounds by patching the system up with young, semi-experienced coaches for less money. On the other hand, an older coach may come in, on his way out, so to speak, and coach for a few more years before retiring. This is just a broad generalization, because I don't know the situation at Waldron.

nuttinbuthogs

I would think that good coaches require a lot of things to get them to stick around at a questionable situation.  Money, talent, support from administration, parents, players.  Never seen a place that said the kids are not talented and the parents and admin don't offer much support, money and facilities are terrible, but come take this job anyway.
Didn't Marion Glover spend a year at a not very good school and people thought he would turn them around?  He left quickly.

Valleysports

You are a coach - wannabe anyway?

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: AmSycho on December 09, 2014, 08:33:37 am
There are numerous programs in the state that need the "right" coach to come along to even have a shot at success. The problem is, most of these schools that I'm talking about are virtual dumpster fires that most coaches wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. On one hand, it turns into a money issue as well. The administrators are putting bandades over bullet wounds by patching the system up with young, semi-experienced coaches for less money. On the other hand, an older coach may come in, on his way out, so to speak, and coach for a few more years before retiring. This is just a broad generalization, because I don't know the situation at Waldron.

That's a pretty on target analysis.

DogsWin7

uh oh.   Go back to sleep dawg....go back to sleep!   

Iknewthemwhen

Takes many pieces to get a good football team together year after year.  Some places don't have it.

Valleysports

So Waldron got a young coach, year before last, then ran him off?  Got a new one - is he gonna stay a while?  Are these coaches being reassigned or do they leave the school district?  Are assistants coming and going?  Volunteer Parents? 

Loyalfan1

Waldron has a lot of the same problem Mountain Home seems to have.  Very difficult conference that nearly every week you play teams with much better athletes.  Tough situation.  Good luck Dogs.

nuttinbuthogs

I hear its hard to get kids out and keep them practicing and around during off season. 

DogsWin7

Many variables....you can hear anything.   It's my understanding that all are committed and doing everything they can.     

Everyone is always quick to point out what they think is wrong and criticize but those same that do so are unwilling to fill the stands to even try and show support.    It starts with the community and parents getting back involved.     It has been so long since they have won a football game that it had caused more ill feelings than good.   Atmosphere means a lot.     Not to mention the fact that some took advantage of people who wanted to help and gave of their time but never received acknowledgement or a Thank you.   

Hard to over come some things but people need to lay all that aside and start anew with their support and attitudes....instead of saying, here we go again.     Just my opinion.     Sleep dawg sleep.  :)

Loyalfan1

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 13, 2015, 09:04:46 am
Many variables....you can hear anything.   It's my understanding that all are committed and doing everything they can.     

Everyone is always quick to point out what they think is wrong and criticize but those same that do so are unwilling to fill the stands to even try and show support.    It starts with the community and parents getting back involved.     It has been so long since they have won a football game that it had caused more ill feelings than good.   Atmosphere means a lot.     Not to mention the fact that some took advantage of people who wanted to help and gave of their time but never received acknowledgement or a Thank you.   

Hard to over come some things but people need to lay all that aside and start anew with their support and attitudes....instead of saying, here we go again.     Just my opinion.     Sleep dawg sleep.  :)
Good post.  Its easy to be a fan when things are going well.

Valleysports

January 13, 2015, 10:17:30 am #2190 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:50:43 am by Valleysports
It's a beautiful post...  Football is a FREAKING CONTACT SPORT - you either want to play it or you don't.  I don't think my mommy went to any of my high school games - I know she never went to a college game.  All I wanted to do was play football - didn't give a rip if one fan was in the stands.  Atmosphere?  Who's atmosphere?  No one could stop me from playing football - certainly didn't need to be coaxed.  All this talk about love, support, and encouragement is for the Cheerleaders, Majorettes, or Band Members.  What are we even talking about parents getting involved?  It's either Coaches, Players, or Both!                   

cuckoobird

Calm down valley. I'm sure HH still loves you

Valleysports

Ha ha - it's just not the same around here.  Compared to their 4A opponents, does Waldron have a smaller, average, or large student body? 

beach bum

It doesnt matter how many Waldron fielded.... If Billy Dawson was their coach people would pick them as favorite to win state.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Valleysports on January 14, 2015, 07:35:49 pm
Ha ha - it's just not the same around here.  Compared to their 4A opponents, does Waldron have a smaller, average, or large student body?

Largest 4A is Monicello with 485.67.  Smallest non private school is Gentry with 303.67.  Waldron comes in at 365.67.  These are the numbers the AAA uses to split up the classifications.

DogsWin7

January 15, 2015, 08:39:22 am #2195 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:43:58 am by DiehardFBfan
True....but to my knowledge their Coach now......Dale Mann is used to a tradition rich program also, being from Booneville.   

In my opinion, if you have parents or people that possibly speak or feel negatively about sports and say it in front of their kids, it can have a negative impact on the child.   All kids are not the same.   Drive and ambition has to come from somewhere....either from encouragement or something to help motivate them to want to play and win.    Again there are many variables that has helped cause the situation I have heard.

Valleysports

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 08:24:12 am

Largest 4A is Monicello with 485.67.  Smallest non private school is Gentry with 303.67.  Waldron comes in at 365.67.  These are the numbers the AAA uses to split up the classifications.

Good Lord - 365 students.  That's just country football right there.  All you can do is coach what you have and hope 2 or 3 athletes cycle through, now and then. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 09:10:44 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 08:24:12 am

Good Lord - 365 students.  That's just country football right there.  All you can do is coach what you have and hope 2 or 3 athletes cycle through, now and then.

Thats just 9-11th, which you probably understand. 

DogsWin7

I guess all schools in lower classification are considered country football??    What is that suppose to mean?   Junction City, Warren, and Booneville etc all do well.   

DogsWin7

January 15, 2015, 09:30:11 am #2199 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:49:28 am by DiehardFBfan
My opinion...if their parents got their tails handed to them in football by 50-0 and raised up kids....after having a negative experience you tell me if sports is going to take center stage at that house??    More than likely not.   And what if you have people who constantly bad mouth the program?    The kids hear that stuff....whether at home or at school from friends, websites....  And what if they have to work instead?     

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas