• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAU tourney in Bentonville this weekend (April 3-5)

Started by Razorback Red, March 31, 2015, 07:13:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

March 31, 2015, 07:13:13 pm Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:22:18 pm by Razorback Red
Check out the link below.  Malik Monk, PWillis and MSmith playing together.  Will be fun to watch these three 7A AR superstars on the same team. 

http://www.madehoops.com/

Burks

The same weekend as the Real Deal! Wow! I was hoping they would be in the Rock.

Cabotred

The Wings normally don't play in the Real Deal. Not sure why but I am sure there is some politics involed

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on April 01, 2015, 06:57:26 am
The Wings normally don't play in the Real Deal. Not sure why but I am sure there is some politics involed

Boy, that was an understatement.......

Cabotred

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2015, 12:38:55 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on April 01, 2015, 06:57:26 am

Boy, that was an understatement.......

And that is all I am going to say about that............

Razorback Red

I will stay away from the politics discussion. 

As for bball, I do know that both AR teams play on Friday night.  The 16U team at 7pm and the 17U team (Monk, Willis, Mitchell) at 8:30pm at BHS. 

I think the price is $10/day or $25 for all 3 days. 

neds

Very sad that the Wings avoid playing in the Real Deal. In past years Mr. Crawford has claimed a conflict with other tournaments that Nike had them scheduled for as that understandably takes presicident. This year they choose to go to a brand new tournament in NW Arkansas instead of playing in one of the top 4 or 5 tournaments in the country that is their own state. Simply makes no sense.

ricepig

Quote from: neds on April 04, 2015, 01:27:08 pm
Very sad that the Wings avoid playing in the Real Deal. In past years Mr. Crawford has claimed a conflict with other tournaments that Nike had them scheduled for as that understandably takes presicident. This year they choose to go to a brand new tournament in NW Arkansas instead of playing in one of the top 4 or 5 tournaments in the country that is their own state. Simply makes no sense.

Not really, the brother of your best player is putting on that tournament in NWA, no-brainer

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2015, 04:15:08 pm

Not really, the brother of your best player is putting on that tournament in NWA, no-brainer

That's not the only reason, there is friction between the main leader of the hawks (who is behind the real deal) and the main guy in charge of the wings. Has been for several years.

ricepig

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 04, 2015, 04:41:39 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2015, 04:15:08 pm

That's not the only reason, there is friction between the main leader of the hawks (who is behind the real deal) and the main guy in charge of the wings. Has been for several years.

Oh, I fully understand that, and the reasons for the friction.

neds

Politics or not the Arkansas fan is the loser. The kids don't care where they play, but playing the best competition should be the motivation for the Wings to stay in Little Rock for this significant tournament with great national competition.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: neds on April 04, 2015, 05:49:29 pm
Politics or not the Arkansas fan is the loser. The kids don't care where they play, but playing the best competition should be the motivation for the Wings to stay in Little Rock for this significant tournament with great national competition.

I agree.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas