• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys and Girls team to watch

Started by Neckred, November 05, 2018, 02:57:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neckred

Any good JH teams out there?  Games start this week

cannon

I watched girls at the Valley View tournament last night. Haven't seen any of the boys teams play. Of the girls teams I've watched through the summer, I'd say Melburn's jr. High girls are about as good as anybody. Beebe has a really, really good Jr. High girls team as well. Lake Hamilton's team is very good and Annie camp will be tough, as usual. GCT, Batesville, and Nettleton are up there, too, as usual.

Of the girls teams I'm watching in this tournament, Valley View, MacArthur, and Trumann are the standouts.

KOJACK

Prescott boys...they beat Hot Springs Lakeside last night.

NEABallftw

LISA Academy North's Junior Boys are 3-0 in conference beating Marvell by 30 and Bradford and Quest Academy by 40+.  Good group to watch the rest of the way

MomaLion

Clarendon Jr girls are rolling and undefeated...very spunky group of girls and so fun to watch  :)

Gray lizard

Dover girls 4A-4 are 13-0 I saw in the paper.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 10, 2019, 03:14:38 pm
Dover girls 4A-4 are 13-0 I saw in the paper.

Pottsville beat them tonight 44-41

officialvsfan

I saw Bergman jr girls the other night.  They are 21-0 and very very good.

CoolBreeze

Saw Newport Jr. boys play a pretty good Harding Academy team last night. Junior Hounds are big, athletic and talented. They are quick to the ball. And they play tough defense. They use those long arms to good advantage, deflecting pass after pass and blocking numerous shots.

cannon

Quote from: officialvsfan on January 11, 2019, 11:56:23 am
I saw Bergman jr girls the other night.  They are 21-0 and very very good.

Coach "H" has been working on those girls for quite a while. They're a tough bunch of kids.

CoolBreeze

They don't have a super record, but Harding Academy Jr. Wildcats proved last night that they could surprise most anybody on a given night. They overcame about a 15-point halftime deficit to defeat a very talented CAC team at CAC.

They did this despite the fact that fortune seemed to smile on CAC with an approximately 55-foot shot by No. 5 to beat the 1st Qtr. buzzer. Yep, well past center court.

BlueBird4Life

Melbourne's jr girls would beat most schools senior high teams.  Talented group of girls.  Melbourne is going to be tough to handle for several years.

cannon

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on January 29, 2019, 09:28:37 am
Melbourne's jr girls would beat most schools senior high teams

That is a talented bunch, and well coached.  Can't agree with the thought that they'd beat most sr. high teams, however.  I watched GCT's jr high girls thump them pretty good at their last meeting this summer, and GCT's jr high girls are good, but not THAT good.  Nonetheless, expect the Melbourne senior high girls team to be taking home a state trophy within two years.  Will happen.  Those kids are players. 

QBDad

Quote from: cannon on January 29, 2019, 04:27:06 pm
That is a talented bunch, and well coached.  Can't agree with the thought that they'd beat most sr. high teams, however.  I watched GCT's jr high girls thump them pretty good at their last meeting this summer, and GCT's jr high girls are good, but not THAT good.  Nonetheless, expect the Melbourne senior high girls team to be taking home a state trophy within two years.  Will happen.  Those kids are players. 

Thanks for the compliment. However, it's hard to compare summer camp games to the regular season.  Coaches do things in the summer for development that they wouldn't do during the regular season. In the summer game, Melbourne's starters did not play during the second half. Melbourne beat GCT in their first game of the regular season.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: QBDad on January 29, 2019, 07:27:37 pm
Thanks for the compliment. However, it's hard to compare summer camp games to the regular season.  Coaches do things in the summer for development that they wouldn't do during the regular season. In the summer game, Melbourne's starters did not play during the second half. Melbourne beat GCT in their first game of the regular season.

They would definitely beat most of the senior high teams around the Izard/Fulton/Sharp County area. 

P-I-R-A-T-E-S

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 10, 2019, 07:32:50 pm
Pottsville beat them tonight 44-41

Dover Jr Girls are 19-2 beat a good Pottsville bunch 35-21 Tuesday night.  The thing that makes this impressive is that they start 4 eight graders.  Expect them to be even better next season. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: P-I-R-A-T-E-S on January 31, 2019, 01:47:39 am
Dover Jr Girls are 19-2 beat a good Pottsville bunch 35-21 Tuesday night.  The thing that makes this impressive is that they start 4 eight graders.  Expect them to be even better next season. 

Always good to hear that the future looks bright for my local schools

cannon

Annie Camp's jr. high girls finished their perfect record season last night by defeating McArthur.  Undefeated both in the 5A East and overall.  They are an exceptional bunch of young athletes, led by what I'm going to boldly call the best point guard in the state in her class. 

OB11

Quote from: cannon on February 05, 2019, 09:53:34 am
Annie Camp's jr. high girls finished their perfect record season last night by defeating McArthur.  Undefeated both in the 5A East and overall.  They are an exceptional bunch of young athletes, led by what I'm going to boldly call the best point guard in the state in her class.

They are very good. Annie Camp boys and girls both secured the #1 seed (on their side of the bracket) in their conference tournament.

QBDad

Melbourne jr girls finish season 27-0.  2A-3 conference and district champs, Izard County and Cave City tourney champs. Great season.

OrangeCrush.

February 10, 2019, 08:47:59 am #20 Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:49:44 am by OrangeCrush.
Nashville Jr girls finish 21-0 and 7-4A champions. Won 15 games by at least 20 points. Closest game all year was a 12 point win over Lake Hamilton. Coach Laura Kidd enters retirement after a great career.

Neckred

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on February 10, 2019, 08:47:59 am
Nashville Jr girls finish 21-0 and 7-4A champions. Won 15 games by at least 20 points. Closest game all year was a 12 point win over Lake Hamilton. Coach Laura Kidd enters retirement after a great career.
They are a good team.  Southwest Arkansas girls teams are as bad as I have ever seen them overall. 

yesteryearman

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on February 10, 2019, 08:47:59 am

How many of these girls will be at Kirby next year?

Neckred

the voice

Morrilton 8th grade girls are for real. They play with 9th grade. They're a team to watch for 2019

Hitman Warrior23

Lamar Jr High Girls age undefeated this year! "MOST" games haha they are very fun to watch!

sportsfreak12

Corning Jr. Lady Cats go 24-0 in the 3-3A.  Tough to do in this conference.

gasoline leprechaun

Mountain Pines junior boys went undefeated until the district championship game. They have 3 9th graders who have some serious skill. The transition to 2a will be a lot smoother with what they have coming up.

scrapdig

Quote from: gasoline leprechaun on February 20, 2020, 09:44:03 am
Mountain Pines junior boys went undefeated until the district championship game. They have 3 9th graders who have some serious skill. The transition to 2a will be a lot smoother with what they have coming up.
Who did they lose to in the finals?

gasoline leprechaun

Quote from: scrapdig on February 24, 2020, 10:05:34 am
Who did they lose to in the finals?

Mineral Springs but the officials helped them

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas