• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion/Blytheville Sold-out as of 9:30 a.m.

Started by ea cat, February 03, 2006, 10:20:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ea cat

The Gym and alternate viewing area sold out in 2 hours this morning. Listen to the game on 92.5.

Hyuuga

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: eastark on February 03, 2006, 10:20:08 am
The Gym and alternate viewing area sold out in 2 hours this morning. Listen to the game on 92.5.

It's funny.  I've heard people asking if anyone thinks they can get $10 or more for their ticket.  So many people wishing they had tickets. 

I'm still wishing that Marion would have taken up the opportunity to use West Memphis' gym.  But, I don't blame them for not do it.

Blytheville sold their 300 tickets in 23 minutes yesterday afternoon.  There were a few people in line 2 hours before they were to go on sale.

I know there are still a couple parents that don't have tickets to the game.  So, if any of you know of any extras anywhere, let me know please.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: M-A-R-I-O-N WHAT!? on February 03, 2006, 11:50:13 am
HERE IS A MESSAGE TO THE FACULTY AT MARION HIGH.....

I just learned a few minutes ago from the high school that we inadvertently have oversold tonight's game by almost 300 tickets. How it happened can't be undone. Let's focus on a solution.

Our Blytheville guests sold out their 300 yesterday in 23 minutes. That leaves 700 for our gym to reach its capacity as per the fire marshall. WE HAVE NO MORE TICKETS TO SELL--AND WE HAVE SOLD TOO MANY ALL READY--AND WE NEED TO GIVE REFUNDS

Solution: How can you help? If you are an employee and bring a small child who gets in free, don't bring the child tonight, if you can make arrangements. Or consider listening on the radio.

Come to the game early. There are 3 GAMES; The first one starts at 5:00. The gate will open at 4:15.

Even if you have a ticket and even if you are an employee and the 700 number has been reached, you will be not be allowed to enter the gym. In such an instance all we know to do is to give you two choices:1. Either a refund at the gate (if you paid money) or to be one of the first 300 to watch it on a very large screen in the cafeteria. We will have concessions there and restrooms. But, remember only 300 can fit there.

The game is on 92.5 Wynne at 7:15 or so. If you can help us in some way we would appreciate it. We all hate that this happened. All we can do is promise to do better next time. Sincerely,
Dan Shepherd

I can promise you that there will be some MAJOR problems if some Blytheville people who bought tickets can't get into this game.  We all have thought it to be pretty stupid to pre-sell the tickets anyways.  But, that's y'alls policy, not ours. 

I know of 4 people that bought tickets that will not be able to make it to the game until almost 7:00.  They got tickets because they were told they WOULD be able to get in the gym if they had tickets.  If this last post is true, there could be some problems.  Hope it gets worked out before tonight

pimpinpats06

I arrived at school today close to 9 and there were 4 lines stretching all the way from our office (front of the school) all the way into our courtyard. It was crazy, I'd advise everyone who can to get there as soon as possible. Everyone here is expecting capacity packed. There is soo much hype to this game lets hope it holds true

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: pimpinpats06 on February 03, 2006, 01:29:40 pm
Everyone here is expecting capacity packed.

If they were expecting capacity packed, then they would have made sure not to do something stupid like overselling tickets..

pimpinpats06

i agree 100% who knows what they were thinking... our principal even said he wasn't expecting anything like this..so seriously if your coming and u want ur seat come early as u can

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: pimpinpats06 on February 03, 2006, 01:44:19 pm
i agree 100% who knows what they were thinking... our principal even said he wasn't expecting anything like this..so seriously if your coming and u want ur seat come early as u can

I can't believe he wasn't expecting this.  That's just ignorant!

Coach Clay had a quote in the Blytheville paper that said he thought y'all were being generous by sending Blytheville 300 tickets.  Then he asked the question, "Do you think they'll sell all 300?"  I hope he was just joking on that quote. 

PatriotsPimp06

yeah he was prolly joking... and by being generous on the 300 tickets, he prolly ment that we werent going to save some of those for our students

wynneaholic©

This entire scenerio remiinds me of the Wynne/Osceola football game in 99 I believe or 2000, anyways there were over 12,900 tickets sold for that football game and the atmosphere was electric.  Players, students, faculty, parents, and fans in general, if this lives up to it's billing then you will never forget this night as long as you live!!  I will be listening on KWYN FM 92.5 tonight, if I will be able to hear our announcer!!  My hope is that everything goes great and the tempers are kept in check, and remember when you start bad mouthing a kid, they have parents that could be sitting near you!!  Let the kids have fun and make this night in Marion something to treasure the rest of your lives!!  the Holic!!

BigChickasawPride

I wonder if there is anyone in Marion who can count seats and recognize that each one should correspond directly with one (1) ticket?  Seems to be a problem.  If ya'll need any help in the future please feel free to let us know.

chickscasons

What a joke...Marion couldn't have screwed this up any worse than they already have.

trackstar07

does that mean we cant get in at all if the tickets are sold out?

chickscasons

If you don't already have a ticket you have no chance of getting in.  Some people that stood in line to get tickets still won't get in...like I said, what a joke.

Cyberfan

Sounds fishy to me. They act like they're being nice by sending Blytheville 300 tickets and then "oops" we made a mistake. The funny part is, when the unassuming Blytheville people get there, the joke's on them.

Way to go Marion... Who's the genius that came up with this plan?

Bly-Vegas

MikeDiesel™

Guys, I am going to take up for Marion's admin on this one.  They did a good job of guarenteeing Blytheville's 300 fans got in.  A couple of Marionites told me that they really screwed this one up.  But, they did a great job tonight. 

MarionTrackStar44

Yea they did!! EVERYONE that was suppose to got in...an the rest watched game in cafteria....GREAT turn-out

Cyberfan

Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on February 03, 2006, 11:39:57 pm
Guys, I am going to take up for Marion's admin on this one. They did a good job of guarenteeing Blytheville's 300 fans got in. A couple of Marionites told me that they really screwed this one up. But, they did a great job tonight.

Actually, I have several friends from Marion, and I was trying to mess with them. I'm sure the Marion staff is outstanding. They just made a mistake.

This is probably why some schools don't pre-sale tickets. Too many chances for something to go wrong. I'm not sure that I know what the benefit is.

MarionTrackStar44

Its for the people who wont make it to the gym in time to get a ticket (due to work or other arrangments) so they can get in!! for instance a ball players dad who watches his son play every game but dont get off work until 6 an if they didnt pre-sale tickets the gym would be sold out by 5..so he would miss his son playin...thats one the main reasons

Rulesman

Say what you want about Marion, but from my dealings with him, their Supt is one of the classiest acts on the planet. He will do whatever it takes to make something right.

Cyberfan

Are you saying that I missed the Marion game just so some dad could see his kid play?............Just kidding!!!

That would be a good reason. I can remember my wife and I taking off work to see our kid play. We would always leave early so we wouldn't miss a second.

It seems like 900 people are being affected by a few who couldn't get to the game early. However, the administration knows more about this than I do. That's why they earn the big bucks. Don't they?

MarionTrackStar44

not really, but w/e u say...just trust me man, if they would of jus sold tickets at the door..it would have been CRAZY...!!!

Cyberfan

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 04, 2006, 10:26:59 am
not really, but w/e u say...just trust me man, if they would of jus sold tickets at the door..it would have been CRAZY...!!!

I could see someone having to get to the game at about 2 o'clock or earlier.

chickasaw

Another reason is so Blytheville fans dont drive all the way down there and then not get a ticket. This probably happened to some marion fans at the game in blytheville. I think it was a good idea, and it sounds like they did a good job

MarionTrackStar44

Yea, well i wonder what they plan on doing for our next game..next friday.....we host wynne..........an it our homecoming!!! WILL be sold out!!

HBS_Wiffle13

It shouldn't be too bad, Wynne doesn't tend to bring many fans.  They're a football school.

MarionTrackStar44

naw sean, i gurantee it will be sold out as well...theve been winning this year an there fans are crowing..trust me....it will be jus as packed if not more!! at least by marion people...cause revenge is gonna be so sweet on this one!!!

HBS_Wiffle13

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 04, 2006, 12:47:08 pm
naw sean, i gurantee it will be sold out as well...theve been winning this year an there fans are crowing..trust me....it will be jus as packed if not more!! at least by marion people...cause revenge is gonna be so sweet on this one!!!

I don't know, they're usually right where they are now, battling for the 4th seed.  I don't think they'll bring too many fans, 150 tickets will probably be enough.  There's just not enough Wynne adults that even care what the basketball team does.  They may have a few students come, but I'd be real surprised to see 300.

MarionTrackStar44

I dunno, i guess we'll jus have to wait an see..

trackstar07

hes right. not many wynne fans will come. ill be there of course but besides that.. maybe 100 wynne ppl max. we played nettleton and prob. 300 ppl we there for a HOME game. this is an away game so.. but i could be wrong.

MarionTrackStar44

O well..i can gurantee marion people will fill  up the gym

BigChickasawPride

good job to marion on friday night.  although they have some serious counting issues...ha, they did handle the mistake as fairly as possible.  All the Blytheville fans made it in...i was one of them, and that was nice.  Good job handling the mistake....great game!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas