• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 State Championship: Cabot vs Bentonville

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2013, 09:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Earl is my Hero!!

HBCAT12

There might be a few calls to the harber coaches to see how to play this one out!!

Cabotred

Going to be one heck of a game. I watched Bville Conway game on line, they looked very impressive but Conway gave them all they wanted.

I give slight edge to Bennie because they have been there last two years.  But I didn't think Cabot could beat NLR twice so who knows.

Brian G

Yeah, but BHS doesn't tend to win these games.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Cabotred on November 29, 2013, 10:09:45 pm
I give slight edge to Bennie because they have been there last two years. 

This makes four in a row for Bentonville...

Maclin on your girl

Cabot would have to have the ball for an hour of the game for them to win

Cabotred

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 29, 2013, 10:13:14 pm
I give slight edge to Bennie because they have been there last two years. 

This makes four in a row for Bentonville...

Yes you are correct but the Sr players. have only been to last two.

mack

Going to be one heck of a game. I watched Bville Conway game on line, they looked very impressive but Conway gave them all they wanted.

I give slight edge to Bennie because they have been there last two years.  But I didn't think Cabot could beat NLR twice so who knows.

I want Bentonville to beat you, but I don't think they can,,,,,,  You guys are just to disciplined.

DerekOxford

Cabotred

Quote from: mack on November 29, 2013, 10:16:50 pm

I want Bentonville to beat you, but I don't think they can,,,,,,  You guys are just to disciplined.

I saw your post in other thread,  can't believe you are pulling for West team over Central. If you would have won I would be pulling for NLR.

dtrainsdad

Playing in Cabot's backyard, I like Cabot in a close one.  Like I said several weeks ago, Cabot is playing consistent ball on both sides, and Bentonville may a weakness or two that they did not have in years past.   Cabot by four.   

mack

Quote from: Cabotred on November 29, 2013, 10:18:40 pm

I saw your post in other thread,  can't believe you are pulling for West team over Central. If you would have won I would be pulling for NLR.

Yeah, I'm getting my Central man fan card pulled.  A couple of your fans soured me on the Panthers.  I'm sorta like a 10 year old girl when you hurt my feelings.  Also, I owe Earl a lot of money.....

Cabotred

Quote from: mack on November 29, 2013, 10:24:56 pm

Yeah, I'm getting my Central man fan card pulled.  A couple of your fans soured me on the Panthers.  I'm sorta like a 10 year old girl when you hurt my feelings.  Also, I owe Earl a lot of money.....

That is ok more than a couple of Cabot fans have soured me........

Earl is my Hero!!

Baitshop

I hear that Durrell has a couple of Freshmen (and some nifty plays for them) that he can loan the Panthers....

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Baitshop on November 29, 2013, 10:52:20 pm
I hear that Durrell has a couple of Freshmen (and some nifty plays for them) that he can loan the Panthers....

Excellent idea. What could possibly go wrong...

panthers r us

Quote from: Cabotred on November 29, 2013, 10:28:50 pm
Quote from: mack on November 29, 2013, 10:24:56 pm

Yeah, I'm getting my Central man fan card pulled.  A couple of your fans soured me on the Panthers.  I'm sorta like a 10 year old girl when you hurt my feelings.  Also, I owe Earl a lot of
money.....

That is ok more than a couple of Cabot fans have soured me........

LOL.  Me too, Red.  Me too. 

C'mon Mack.  We Central folks have to stick together and if we had lost 42-41 tonight, I would be cheering for NLR next week.

voiceofthepanthers

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 29, 2013, 09:55:39 pm
We're scared of Cabot.

Don't worry, so is Chuck Norris.  Should be a good game. Just hope both teams play to their potential. There are a lot of sub plots to this game. Good luck to both and here's to a great game.

Baitshop

Baitshop

panthers r us

PantherAlumn96

Going with Cabot in another close one. I was a little more concerned about this one before the Bennie/Conway game but seeing the trouble Bennie had with them it makes me feel better. Cabot had their way with Conway earlier in the season and that was without Launius. I think Cabot can match up better with Bennie than they did with NLR. I say a close one but it could possibly be by a larger margin.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: PantherAlumn96 on November 30, 2013, 12:11:13 pm
Going with Cabot in another close one. I was a little more concerned about this one before the Bennie/Conway game but seeing the trouble Bennie had with them it makes me feel better. Cabot had their way with Conway earlier in the season and that was without Launius. I think Cabot can match up better with Bennie than they did with NLR. I say a close one but it could possibly be by a larger margin.

Oh, so you actually "saw" the game?

Bentonville controlled the game more than the score might indicate...

PantherAlumn96

No I did not see the game so excuse me from saying "saw'. I am going just off score alone and if Bennie did control the game more than the score shows then that means they made some crucial mistakes in order for the score to be that close. Get those cleaned up and this Friday night should make for another great game.

searcy86

At the beginning of the season Bville's strength was its defense.  The offense has matured over the last few weeks with a soph QB who has been impressive in his limited passing (approx 15-18 attempts per game).  The offensive line is playing extremely well allowing the RBs plenty of room.  The Scroggins and Jackson kids can both catch the deep ball.  I now believe the offense is the stronger of the two units.  Conway came to play and I was more worried about them than our next opponent.  Their soph QB has really matured throughout the season.  Wasn't the Cabot game w/ conway in the rain??  B. Smith completed 25/31 for 214 yds, almost exclusively short routes, extremely accurate. Conway had no answer for the Bville run game, bville only shot itself on drives by throwing on first down when they were easily gaining 6-10 yrds per carry.  I would imagine if Conway played Cabot again, the game would be closer.  Conway will be hard to beat next year, just my opinion.  The two teams Bville lost to, Broken Arrow and Euless Trinity were very athletic, much like NLR.  I believe Bville would win a rematch w BA (soph QB began play in the 2nd half of this game), but still would have trouble w ET (Trinity beat South Lake last nite #12 team in country and are now the quarterfinals).  I'm expecting a great game between Cabot and BHS!!!  Can Cabot or Bville slow each others offense?

PantherAlumn96

I think it will be a high scoring game. Back and fourth just like against NLR. It will come down to who plays the cleanest mistake free game. I am looking forward to it.

searcy86

xtremewildcat

When Bennie loses, can we call them the new WM?

searcy86

We could apply that to ElDorado when they lose.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: searcy86 on November 30, 2013, 04:44:17 pm

No, it won't be back to back choke sessions.

Baitshop

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2013, 04:45:31 pm

That's right...you boys choked in the semi's last year, didn't you..??

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2013, 05:03:04 pm

Really Bait, you wanna get some?

searcy86

I would worry about taking PB on a neutral field.  You have lost 5 games, the only game Benni has in common w/u is SS.  Look at the results.  You should worry about 6A and focus on your team. No we have been to the finals the last 4 years, 7A, the highest level.  Wouldn't trade any of those losses for a 6A title.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: searcy86 on November 30, 2013, 05:10:58 pm
I would worry about taking PB on a neutral field.  You have lost 5 games, the only game Benni has in common w/u is SS.  Look at the results.  You should worry about 6A and focus on your team. No we have been to the finals the last 4 years, 7A, the highest level.  Wouldn't trade any of those losses for a 6A title.

Let me worry about 6A. I will continue to jump classifications as long as the snakes from here slither down to our board. You Sabbi?

Earl is my Hero!!

Ha ha ha ha.

Way to go Bait!

xtremewildcat

November 30, 2013, 05:26:08 pm #37 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:49:05 pm by xtremewildcat
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 30, 2013, 05:23:07 pm

Ha ha ha ha.

Way to go Bait!
I knew it was coming. The good ole butt slappin and the "YOU GO GIRL".
Really been missin that!!! ::)

Now remember Bait, you gotta do the same when he tells those finger nails across the black board jokes.

Earl is my Hero!!

X, you better get back down there with the 17th placers....

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 30, 2013, 05:29:55 pm
X, you better get back down there with the 17th placers....

Make you a deal. You people stay up here and I will stay in my place. Or we will be at it all week.

Baitshop

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2013, 05:09:23 pm

Really Bait, you wanna get some?

Bubba....I'm always ready for a little go-go here on the board...the problem is that I ain't sure that you have enough go-go to keep me entertained.....

DogsWin7

November 30, 2013, 07:32:12 pm #41 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:34:20 pm by DiehardFBfan
Go-Go?  Bahahahahahhaa!

You boys are something else!   Thanks for the laugh.  :)

Now.....I pick Bentonville to Win.

Where is Billyo with an analysis of this game?

It was neat watching Auburn beat Alabama.   Although I don't care for either. Lol!

searcy86

Has anyone seen Malham run the guard around lately?  He ran it against Searcy when I was a soph in 83, I was on the sidelines and was blown away by that play as well as our defense, it was about a 40-50 yard run for td.  We lost that one, but beat them the next two years.

johnharrison

Parking for War Memorial

First let me tell you they almost always have plenty of parking in the WM parking lot for a reasonable fee and there is some on street parking that is  free, though a little further away with even less security.  If that works for you, read no further.

However - If a group wants to have a parking lot where they can reserve and park ten or more cars together for tailgating or fellowship and having a guaranteed place to meet then PM me.  The lot is across Markham, but is as close to the West stands as most of the east parking lot.

searcy12

searcy86

Quote from: searcy12 on December 01, 2013, 09:20:47 am
I think Cabot wins by 7
Did Searcy give Cabot all they want in the first half of their game this year?  When I played in the 80's, Cabot was the one team we always got up for.  They were a classification ahead of us but that was the team we always wanted.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 30, 2013, 07:32:12 pm
Go-Go?  Bahahahahahhaa!

You boys are something else!   Thanks for the laugh.  :)

Now.....I pick Bentonville to Win.

Where is Billyo with an analysis of this game?

It was neat watching Auburn beat Alabama.   Although I don't care for either. Lol!

I know I agreed to bug off but you need to tell your friends to make your thread about your team a hall of fame thread. It is a lot longer, more interesting, and waaaaaaaaaay funnier than some that they put on there!!!

OPoraquê

Overdahill

Quote from: searcy86 on November 30, 2013, 07:58:50 pm
Has anyone seen Malham run the guard around lately?  He ran it against Searcy when I was a soph in 83, I was on the sidelines and was blown away by that play as well as our defense, it was about a 40-50 yard run for td.  We lost that one, but beat them the next two years.

. ^^^ he ran it against PA in 2011, also for a TD

searcy86

Quote from: Overdahill on December 01, 2013, 02:08:00 pm
Quote from: searcy86 on November 30, 2013, 07:58:50 pm

. ^^^ he ran it against PA in 2011, also for a TD

Wouldn't be surprised to see it next week since Bennie doesn't ever see Cabot.  I'm assuming Lunney Sr has seen Malham pull this before.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas