• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RD™, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 08:47:18 am
Being in Greenwood always means something.   

Yeah, it means:

"You aren't in BFE yet, but you're almost there..."

P.F.G.

Southside may be able to line it up and run down their throat but the greenwood WR's may have a field day against those DB's. The quick strike ability of GW will keep this game close.

BillyJack™

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 08:39:02 am
B illyjack, fail. They aren't playing Alma Friday night. You 5A guys have a man crush on each others teams I know but get serious for one minute. GW will be embarrassed Friday night. This night has been a long time coming.
From the looks of things, the only embarrassment Greenwierd should have at this point is hiding in the 5A for so long. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see them take a 7A thrashing, but I'd also love to find $10,000K gold vein in my backyard. Not happening. Prove me wrong......PLEASE!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Alma4life on October 15, 2012, 08:52:20 am
Southside may be able to line it up and run down their throat but the greenwood WR's may have a field day against those DB's. The quick strike ability of GW will keep this game close.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but my guess is the DBs from Southside might be a little more accustomed to seeing "quick strike" offenses than Alma DBs.

Besides, have you ever stopped to think that maybe GW offensive linemen may have trouble handling the bigger and stronger defensive linemen from Southside?

It isn't like Southside has been playing a bunch of teams like the "Lift for Life" Academy, Huntsville, Harrison, Vilonia, and Alma the past few years...

DogsWin7

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 08:49:13 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 08:47:18 am
Being in Greenwood always means something.   

Yeah, it means:

"You aren't in BFE yet, but you're almost there..."

Greenwood's Broad Future Education is just fine Earl but it is improving. :)

Dogs78

Knowing Rick Jones and his family personally, I think it's pretty pathetic to question his character. You will not find a better man. He changes the lives of boys who are lucky enough to spend 3 years under his wing. I am proud to have him lead our football program and those who don't know would be better served by keeping thier mouths shut.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Dogs78 on October 15, 2012, 09:03:25 am
Knowing Rick Jones and his family personally, I think it's pretty pathetic to question his character. You will not find a better man. He changes the lives of boys who are lucky enough to spend 3 years under his wing. I am proud to have him lead our football program and those who don't know would be better served by keeping thier mouths shut.

Exactly, and I happen to also know several Administrators at Greenwood and can assure it is a top notch program.

gwddog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 09:06:02 am

Exactly, and I happen to also know several Administrators at Greenwood and can assure it is a top notch program.
THIS

Earl is my Hero!!

Not questioning anyones character. Have I even mentioned his name? I am not saying he has done anything wrong at all. I am just saying that under somewhat similar circumstances, outcomes have been different elsewhere. You guys can handle things however you want down there I really don't care. I would just make sure you dot your "i's" and cross your "t's".

Oh, by the way, I will put Coach Lunney up against anyone in a character contest, changing the lives of young men contest, or any other contest you like...

7AFBFAN

The SS DB's would be all state in 5A. The difference is against the Alma's and Huntsvcille's their QB has all night to throw. Against SS he will be on his can a lot.

7AFBFAN

RD™

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 09:14:48 am
The SS DB's would be all state in 5A. The difference is against the Alma's and Huntsvcille's their QB has all night to throw. Against SS he will be on his can a lot.
Burgess won't be sacked more than once Friday night.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I would love for Greenwood to win this game...but at some point folks reality has to set in.

Greenwood has a great coaching staff, but so does Southside...

Greenwood does not have near the depth of Southside...

Greenwood is small, Southside is big...

Greenwood is fast, Southside is fast...

Southside by 10+...hope I am wrong...and if so will admit it like a man...

Hope I don't get banned for picking against Greenwood...

Bait and Earl, I will be at this game Friday, would love to meet you two guys. I know who Bait is but have never met him personally. You two want to meet up at halftime?

7AFBFAN

I didn't say sacks. He will be hit a lot and I think he will be sacked more than once. The little swing pass to keep from getting sacked won't work Friday. Too many people are thinking this game will be played on Greenwoods terms. It won't. Venny I think you can count on the plus.

dogbreath

As one who played for Coach Lunney and has had two sons play for Coach Jones, I can honestly say the two are very similar in the way they shape boys into young men.  Please don't bash either on character issues.  If so, you are WAY OFF and will only embarrass yourself.

ahsalum

Should be a great game. I think all you 7A people are a little nervous of what Greenwood could do and the barking that would ensue after the game, if that does happen.

Being from Alma, I would love for SS to spank Greenwood. Would love to see it. But guys, reality is reality. Greenwood will not get spanked by your so-called "big boys"....It will be a close game. It's one friggin game....not a best of 3 series.

You will not get to Burgess. They get rid of the ball quickly....sorry....you might knock him down a few times and perhaps sack him once or twice. But..... it will not be a sack fest like you guys think it will be.

As for size. I don't think Greenwood is any smaller than SS. Maybe on the lines. But Greenwood has some big receivers which are hard to match up with as well.

On the other hand. I don't see how Greenwood can remotely stop SS's running game. Not gonna happen....and if they don't....like someone said earlier....they could eat the clock which will be a huge problem for Greenwood.

Don't have a clue how this will turnout. My gut tells me that SS will own the clock with the running game and win by less than 10.

I do have a feeling that SS will bring an attitude to the field and probably be more physical.

BTW....I'm singing the National Anthem.

Here's perhaps an even better question: Who has the better looking cheerleaders.......

urhog

Why isn't this game on TV? Where is Hooten when you need him. I will be watching it on the net while at my game so hope the video/computer geeks at Greenwood bring their "A" game. Who does play by play for them?

Billyo62

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 15, 2012, 09:23:19 am
I would love for Greenwood to win this game...but at some point folks reality has to set in.

Bait and Earl, I will be at this game Friday, would love to meet you two guys. I know who Bait is but have never met him personally. You two want to meet up at halftime?

Gotta warn you Venny, Bait and Earl are the opposite of Dumb and Dumber, but you could also peg them as Mean and Meaner..  just be careful   ;)

Baitshop

"Mornin' (Baitshop yawns and rubs his eyes).....did I.miss anything...??..??"

ricepig

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 08:26:13 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 08:10:50 am
CONJECTURE!!!!

Really?

Then why do the "rumors" pertaining to item #1 meander all they way up to Bentonville and fall upon the ears of people that could care less about Greenwood football?

Some of the "rumors" one hears are disturbing to say the least, and in some eyes legally dubious at the worst. Look back a couple of years and you will find other districts that have uncovered similar "for profit" activities outside of purview of the school district (while conducted in district facilities) have resulted in termination of the offending parties.

Look, I have no skin in the game either way, just looking forward to a good ballgame, but I am just pointing out there could be some shaky ground underfoot for certain individuals...

Earl, what does Bentonville spend their $300,000 the booster club raises on? Is it all for the students?

7AFBFAN

My question is whether GW can even slow the SS ground game down enough to keep them from being the quick strike team Friday night. I think it will be like a knife going through butter. GW won't score much either. Should be fun.

fastdrop

I will answer for them...... NO.

LOL

Billyo62

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2012, 09:59:12 am
CONJECTURE!!!!

Really?

Then why do the "rumors" pertaining to item #1 meander all they way up to Bentonville and fall upon the ears of people that could care less about Greenwood football?

Some of the "rumors" one hears are disturbing to say the least, and in some eyes legally dubious at the worst. Look back a couple of years and you will find other districts that have uncovered similar "for profit" activities outside of purview of the school district (while conducted in district facilities) have resulted in termination of the offending parties.

Look, I have no skin in the game either way, just looking forward to a good ballgame, but I am just pointing out there could be some shaky ground underfoot for certain individuals...

Earl, what does Bentonville spend their $300,000 the booster club raises on? Is it all for the students?

Helicopters and limo's mostly!  ;)

B. Kirk

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 10:10:59 am
Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2012, 09:59:12 am
CONJECTURE!!!!

Really?

Helicopters and limo's mostly!  ;)

I've heard Greenwood prefers planes.

Baitshop

Oh......I see that RGP got his posting privileges back....

For those of you that haven't met RGP (we call him The Guv, as you will too in a few years).....he's  our guy that will say things that we may believe or think but are afraid to say out loud  because we may offend someone....

RGP..??  Ehh....not so much....as you can tell, he is a bit blunt and to the point....but he is usually well thought out and researched....

He's been a staple, both on the field and here on FF for Southside for years.....

Now, don't go thinking that RGP is some sort of redneck idiot that likes to stir the pot (only one of those is correct.. ;))....our boy RGP is just months away from graduating from the #4 university in the country and has grad school offers from a Who's Who of the other Top 10 schools in the good ol' USA....and don't go toe to toe with him unless you can positively refute his musings with facts....

The good news is that RGP usually only posts a couple of times a week....the day that he drops the bomb and the day after Southside wins.....so the pain will be short lived....

SMILE.....it's your new rivalry week foes introducing you guys to the big board....

RD™

It's like I told Baitshop, if you want to draw a comparison of sorts for this game, this is what you have.

ALABAMA - Big, physical, punishing, smash mouth football (Southside ) vs OREGON Smaller, quicker, finess, score a lot of points football (Greenwood)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2012, 09:54:23 am
"Mornin' (Baitshop yawns and rubs his eyes).....did I.miss anything...??..??"

No. Been a quiet, uneventful morning so far...

RGP

Quote from: Dogs78 on October 15, 2012, 07:39:25 am
2. What happened to the line coach at Greenwood from last season? Let's just say one was terminated due to a wildly exaggerated story of what happened in the off-season. He was fired soon after by the coach's demand. According to the Arkansas Teacher Fair Dismissal Act A.C.A., 6-17-1507 reads in part:

Are you talking about Def Line coach? And if so, you're talking out of your ARSE if you think that termination was not "justified"????
Some who were there tell a quite different story from the one the general public knows. If your son was there or something, I'm not calling him a liar. Simply, I want to point out with the complexity of the issue, typical procedures in interviews and "evidence" were not followed and the termination process did not completely follow the Arkansas Teacher Fair Dismissal Act IN MY OPINION......

All indications are you are correct. My interactions with him have been pleasant. I think that he does a great job with molding young men and as a family man. My believed rumors pertain to other issues. One of which is that I don't believe I ever named a coach. Yes, I'm discussing the football team, but theoretically it could be any coach. It was your decision to be so sure I was talking about him.
Quote from: Smithian on October 15, 2012, 10:08:19 am
So, you're more or less confirming my point that Greenwood values being the big fish in the small pond? And have maybe played with the numbers so they stayed in the small pond longer than they perhaps should have?
Yes. And Yes. The big bad U of Greenwood likes being just where they were. Even now, they just have to play two games a year in conference and goes around pounding their chests after playing our former rival and a bunch of Little Rock schools. Get ready for some big boy football on Friday. Might be some injuries if they can't keep up physically. I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2012, 10:22:25 am
and don't go toe to toe with him unless you can positively refute his musings with facts....

I find photographic evidence of RGP with his hand...errr in the cookie jar so to speak...as the only effective way to win the head to head debate...

RGP

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: BillyJack™ on October 15, 2012, 08:55:10 am
I'd also love to find $10,000K gold vein in my backyard. Not happening. Prove me wrong......PLEASE!

Move to Greenwood. I hear $15,000 ones show up in some people's backyards on an annual basis...

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 10:36:42 am
and don't go toe to toe with him unless you can positively refute his musings with facts....

I find photographic evidence of RGP with his hand...errr in the cookie jar so to speak...as the only effective way to win the head to head debate...

ah the 2008 classic photo! He did lose that game though!

RGP

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on October 15, 2012, 10:30:19 am
ALABAMA - Big, physical, punishing, smash mouth football (Southside ) vs OREGON Smaller, quicker, finess, score a lot of points football (Greenwood)
I'm more inclined to think Wisconsin vs. SMU  ;) ;) ;)

DogsWin7

Earl is my Hero!!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 09:53:46 am
Gotta warn you Venny, Bait and Earl are the opposite of Dumb and Dumber, but you could also peg them as Mean and Meaner..  just be careful   ;)

Fat and Fatter??

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 10:50:13 am

Fat and Fatter??

LOL- no that would describe Bait and Billyo... you're not in the big boy round belly league just yet!

fastdrop

Soutsiders never lose. They taught Eldo on how to never admit they were beaten just that they gave the game ball away.

7AFBFAN

Well they sure aren't playing Bentonville.

Fastdrop get back in the cheese line.

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 10:36:42 am

Yep....that's the photo that he will use on his campaign posters....

"Elect a man who isn't afraid to get down in the trenches and do the dirty work"

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: fastdrop on October 15, 2012, 10:10:56 am

LOL

I always enjoy meeting the FF faithful and signing a few autographs, but the Greenwood fans so far are reacting to the "discussion" around here like a bunch of Muslims at a Koran burning. You would think the prophet Mohammad himself had been blasphemed!

It may not be safe for The Earl to publicly identify himself in the land of the rabid redneck. I think I would be more welcome at the Pine Bluff vs. El Dorado game...

DogsWin7

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 10:54:22 am

That's True.  SS is far away from Bentonville superiority......

DogsWin7

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 10:56:09 am
Quote from: fastdrop on October 15, 2012, 10:10:56 am

LOL

I always enjoy meeting the FF faithful and signing a few autographs, but the Greenwood fans so far are reacting to the "discussion" around here like a bunch of Muslims at a Koran burning. You would think the prophet Mohammad himself had been blasphemed!

It may not be safe for The Earl to publicly identify himself in the land of the rabid redneck. I think I would be more welcome at the Pine Bluff vs. El Dorado game...

You mean that you wouldn't even say Hello too me?

That hurt's Earl........Thanks.

RGP

Thank God.

We only want to see them once this year.

Smithian

Waiting for a Greenwood explanation on the enrollment numbers.

My guess? They're scared for their tiny town to be welcomed to the big world.

The undeniable point is their domination of the 5A was aided a much higher school population.

Baitshop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 10:56:45 am

Let's talk about 10pm Friday nite and see if you feel the same....

DogsWin7

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2012, 11:03:24 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 10:56:45 am

Let's talk about 10pm Friday nite and see if you feel the same....

I'll have your box of kleenex waiting..........

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 10:52:48 am
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 10:50:13 am

Fat and Fatter??

LOL- no that would describe Bait and Billyo... you're not in the big boy round belly league just yet!
I would fit right in then...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas