• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Hamburg. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, October 19, 2018, 09:26:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Warren dismantled an abysmal Monticello team and program. The conference title is up for grabs.

Thoughts??

Sports Guru

Honestly this will be a good one!!

Warren 35 Hamburg 21

cjohn1995

the Lions will have to play a ALOT better than they did tonight to even have a chance.

Superjack45

AirWarren

October 19, 2018, 10:19:50 pm #4 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:22:04 pm by AirWarren
RJ hawk said tonight on the bauxite joe t game radio broadcast that with Burks gone, it's any man's championship now. It pretty much anyone's but ours....

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on October 19, 2018, 10:19:50 pm
RJ hawk said tonight on the bauxite joe t game radio broadcast that with Burks gone, it's any man's championship now. It pretty much anyone's but ours....
Thats not surprising. Folks love those Bradley County tomatoes, Lumberjacks, not so much.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

October 20, 2018, 11:36:45 am #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:41:55 am by AirWarren
Warren's road out of conference isn't going to be easy.

Hamburg sits 7-1 and undefeated in conference.

Helena sits 6-2 and 3-2 in conference.

Dumas, Hamburg and HWh won't be push overs.

Warren opened the playbook some this week and showed that the firepower is still there. Lots of weapons. We are getting healthy again too. Defense only going to get sharper.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

cjohn1995

October 20, 2018, 12:06:51 pm #11 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:36:48 pm by cjohn1995
Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 10:50:21 am
What y'all got this year?
We got a few really good receivers and a good qb. Defense is stout but there are holes. Credit to Crossett last night they basically shut down Hamburg's pass game. Forced us to run it all game and chew clock. I expect Hamburg to play better and give Warren a game but I don't think it will be enough to win. Without Burks we have a chance. We'll see.

cjohn1995

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 20, 2018, 12:06:16 pm
A one man Lion pride...
There are a few others on here but I'm not sure if they are true fans or not.. I don't understand why there aren't more on here.. especially considering the success the lions have had lately

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 20, 2018, 12:15:01 pm
There are a few others on here but I'm not sure if they are true fans or not.. I don't understand why there aren't more on here.. especially considering the success the lions have had lately
Posters come and go. Football fans stay. You can't say much on here that moderators won't chastise you for but I think this year it's run off most of the garbage posters leaving more room for good football conversations.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I think the Jacks D needs to be concerned about the secondary for what I heard last night.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 20, 2018, 12:29:34 pm
I think the Jacks D needs to be concerned about the secondary for what I heard last night.

Going to have to step it up.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 12:34:22 pm
Going to have to step it up.
No starters at their normal position only BC. So we will be okay I do belive.

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 20, 2018, 02:01:05 pm
No starters at their normal position only BC. So we will be okay I do belive.

I saw more improvement this week. Better positioning and having #33 back in the interior with #90 helps.

Gotta sure up the secondary opposite of #9's side. We will be fine though.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 02:19:25 pm
I saw more improvement this week. Better positioning and having #33 back in the interior with #90 helps.

Gotta sure up the secondary opposite of #9's side. We will be fine though.
I feel like we'll be ok, but with the bottom playoff bracket shaping up the way it is, we need to be firing on all cylinders.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Was it last year that so many threads were locked when the Jacks and Lions met?

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on October 19, 2018, 09:26:57 pm
Warren dismantled an abysmal Monticello team and program. The conference title is up for grabs.

Thoughts??
The Jacks will be fine to many weapons

Sports Guru

October 22, 2018, 11:22:53 am #23 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:56:33 am by Crossett Eagle
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 21, 2018, 06:44:55 pm
Had 4 of them locked?

That was in 2016 but it was like 5 threads

Jimbo Morphis

BirdFlu

Warren probably won't lose to the lions but it's coming

AirWarren

HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 6 Hamburg at No. 1 Warren
Undefeated Warren can secure its sixth straight conference championship with a victory, and its won 14 conference titles since Bo Hembree took over as coach in 2000. The undefeated Lumberjacks were without four starters in last week's mercy-rule win over rival Monticello. Senior playmaker and University of Arkansas commit Treylon Burks is out for the season with a knee injury, but his presence at punter and punt returner may be missed as much as his versatility on offense and defense. Senior Keemontrae McKnight stepped up at receiver the past two weeks with four touchdown catches, while junior Vincent Steppes has rushed for almost 1,000 yards this year. Senior quarterback Jmalachi Kinnard continues improving and emerging as the team leader, Coach Bo Hembree says. Senior defensive tackles Marcus Miller and Donovan Ross anchor a fundamentally-sound unit that has allowed only one first half touchdown in the past six games.
Hamburg hasn't won a conference championship in 20 years, when its coach Cecil Ray Cossey played for the Lions. Hamburg's only loss this year by six points in overtime Week 2 against Camden Fairview. The Lion defense, led by senior tackle Gage Price, has controlled the past three games with the offense sputtering, Cossey says. Price has 42 tackles this season, including 14.5 tackles for loss, while sophomore linebacker Gavin Harrod has 37 tackles. Senior quarterback Jonathan Kelley has passed for 1,481 yards and 16 TDs this year, while senior Derrick Webb has rushed for 441 yards and nine TDs. Senior Jaylen Wilson, who didn't play football the past two years, paces the Lions with 35 catches for 684 yards and 12 TDs.

From the website.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Lumberjackfan1978

cjohn1995

I expect a lot of offense in this game with a bunch of chunk plays. Weapons all over the field. Warren with the edge because they have more playmakers and it is at their house.

Jacks 42
Lions 28

Would love the Lions to pull the upset but I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 23, 2018, 12:49:30 pm
I expect a high scoring game also.

We need to face some octane. This defense needs a chance to show their speed and depth.

BirdFlu

Lions don't have a chance. More than likely will have to beat the chain gang too

Jlynn1128@gmail.com

FYI the smart rear on chain gang Comment I will be down there Friday night all 6'1 255 come on down and be a smart rear

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Alright my Warren friends... AW and crew. My thoughts. We do have a good team with  allot of great atheletes all over the field. I think the problem will be plain and simple. Bo Hembree is too smart and will out coach us. I hope I'm wrong. Watching our offensive play calling at times is like watching paint dry. It takes too long to get a play in stopping any momentum we create most of the time the ball is snapped with 1-2 seconds left on the play clock just seems to kill any momentum we have.. my thoughts anyway.

cjohn1995

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 23, 2018, 09:07:14 pm
Alright my Warren friends... AW and crew. My thoughts. We do have a good team with  allot of great atheletes all over the field. I think the problem will be plain and simple. Bo Hembree is too smart and will out coach us. I hope I'm wrong. Watching our offensive play calling at times is like watching paint dry. It takes too long to get a play in stopping any momentum we create most of the time the ball is snapped with 1-2 seconds left on the play clock just seems to kill any momentum we have.. my thoughts anyway.
Agreed...

Superjack45

This Game make me nervous every year because Hamburg has a pretty good team and it's going to be a Battle just from my observation.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Me too, SJ. Warren can't come out flat. Hamburg always seems to have speed and size and has had some pretty good teams the last few years. I'm not a Hamburg fan by any means but as I age and since I don't have kids playing them I can recognize and mention talent when I see it. This will be a good old fashioned fall football game. First place on the line. Saying the Jacks take this one by 10-14. Hoping for injury free game for both teams so we can be 8-4A strong heading into the playoffs.

footballdad2222

Looks like a good ol southern Arkansas battle. I love these. Smashmouth football.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jlynn1128@gmail.com on October 23, 2018, 08:43:27 pm
FYI the smart rear on chain gang Comment I will be down there Friday night all 6'1 255 come on down and be a smart rear

Just remember to do what the refs tell you to do and you'll be fine.

BirdFlu

October 24, 2018, 08:52:24 am #40 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:11:14 am by BirdFlu
Quote from: Jlynn1128@gmail.com on October 23, 2018, 08:43:27 pm
i see you have little man syndrome. Don't worry, I'm a doctor and can prescribe some prescription strength midol for you. Those cramps can be pesky

Jlynn1128@gmail.com

FYI we did what we was told and I promise there is no little man  syndrome involved at all

BirdFlu

October 24, 2018, 09:09:58 pm #42 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:11:07 am by BirdFlu
If you did what you were told from the refs you wouldn't have been penalized and thrown out of the game. Or do you mean you did what warren coaches and admin told you to do?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 24, 2018, 09:09:58 pm
If you did what you were told from the refs you wouldn't have been penalized and thrown out of the game. Or do you mean you did what warren coaches and admin told you to do?
It doesn't matter that game is old news. What matters now is that the Jacks take care of business this week and I think they will do just that.

ea cat

So in BIrdflu theory, This was a ploy by Warren to stop Dumas momentum at the Goal line? Had nothing to do with Burks, Miller and the rest of the Jacks defense? That would have been pivotal since it would have been 6-3 Dumas at minimum.

BirdFlu

I'm just wondering who told him what since he brought it up.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ea cat on October 25, 2018, 09:01:54 am
So in BIrdflu theory, This was a ploy by Warren to stop Dumas momentum at the Goal line? Had nothing to do with Burks, Miller and the rest of the Jacks defense? That would have been pivotal since it would have been 6-3 Dumas at minimum.
Yeah, that makes sense. Conspiracy!!!

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Hey everyone, I know these topics are so riveting.......who told the chain gang to do this, why didn't Rivercrest shake hands after the game, and so on but.......  I'd like to draw our attention back to the GAME OF THE WEEK in class 4A, a battle of Top 8 teams, and a clash for 1st place in the 8-4A.  Not to mention Warren is riding a 26-game conference winning streak (last loss was in Week 10 to Dollarway 34-15 in 2014), so the chance to keep what would be 4 consecutive conference season unbeaten streak. 

There's a lot more to worry about than the dang chain gang.  I enjoy beating Hamburg, but I think I hate losing to them more than I like beating them.  This is a big week.  This will be Warren's first big test without Treylon on the field.  These are the kind of games where he always made the difference.  I'm anxious to see how this team responds if and when things get tight against the Lions.  Hamburg has it bad for WArren--I think the Jacks get the Lions best effort every single season.  I know Cossey wants to take one from Bo, and there'd be no bigger way to do it than tomorrow night, in front of the Lumberjack faithful and to snatch the conference crown away. 

This is a huge ball game for both teams.  Warren looked MUCH better both offensively and defensively against Monticello last week, but a lot of teams have looked good against the Billies this year.  If Warren comes out and puts a whooping on Hamburg tomorrow night, it's a pretty clear message to the state that we're still the top dog in this classification.  I know Bo will have his boys ready to play and again, I expect the very best from Hamburg too.  Big match-up but Warren, year after year, answers the bell when these type of games show up.  Lumberjacks continue their march back to War Memorial with a win tomorrow night. 

Warren 35
Hamburg 20

-Kyle

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 25, 2018, 09:41:57 am
Hey everyone, I know these topics are so riveting.......who told the chain gang to do this, why didn't Rivercrest shake hands after the game, and so on but.......  I'd like to draw our attention back to the GAME OF THE WEEK in class 4A, a battle of Top 8 teams, and a clash for 1st place in the 8-4A.  Not to mention Warren is riding a 26-game conference winning streak (last loss was in Week 10 to Dollarway 34-15 in 2014), so the chance to keep what would be 4 consecutive conference season unbeaten streak. 

There's a lot more to worry about than the dang chain gang.  I enjoy beating Hamburg, but I think I hate losing to them more than I like beating them.  This is a big week.  This will be Warren's first big test without Treylon on the field.  These are the kind of games where he always made the difference.  I'm anxious to see how this team responds if and when things get tight against the Lions.  Hamburg has it bad for WArren--I think the Jacks get the Lions best effort every single season.  I know Cossey wants to take one from Bo, and there'd be no bigger way to do it than tomorrow night, in front of the Lumberjack faithful and to snatch the conference crown away. 

This is a huge ball game for both teams.  Warren looked MUCH better both offensively and defensively against Monticello last week, but a lot of teams have looked good against the Billies this year.  If Warren comes out and puts a whooping on Hamburg tomorrow night, it's a pretty clear message to the state that we're still the top dog in this classification.  I know Bo will have his boys ready to play and again, I expect the very best from Hamburg too.  Big match-up but Warren, year after year, answers the bell when these type of games show up.  Lumberjacks continue their march back to War Memorial with a win tomorrow night. 

Warren 35
Hamburg 20

-Kyle

Good assessment. Hamburg has always played Warren tough and I expect the same thing Friday night.

The defense has continued to improve and from the sounds of it, coach is still high on the unit and expects them to do great things. Our interior line appears to be back healthy and it is one of the best units in the state.

I think Warren wins.....I am thinking in the realm of 10-17 range points margin.

AirWarren

Oh. And Hamburg. It's that time of year again...the Halloween team loves this time of year....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas