• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Devil Dogs

Started by the voice, August 14, 2018, 09:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the voice

August 14, 2018, 09:29:59 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:57:39 pm by the voice
Well as excited as everyone around is about the upcoming season in Morrilton it took a blow when Jacolby injured his knee tonight in Conway about two minutes into the game. MRI tomorrow will tell more.

JessieP

August 15, 2018, 10:14:14 am #1 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:48:00 am by SardisHog
Quote from: the voice on August 14, 2018, 09:29:59 pm
Well as excited as everyone around is about the upcoming season in Morrilton it took a blow when Jacolby injured his knee tonight in Conway about two minutes into the game. MRI tomorrow will tell more.

Wow, I hope Jacolby is ok. Maybe just a sprain. The kid has the world at his feet. To quote Bill Parcells "Football can be be a cruel heartless moron". Please update us with positive info.

Go Postal

Well shoot, I hope that the kid will be alright and that Morrilton will be up and running in week 4 when the Goblins go down to visit the Devil Dogs.

HorseFeathers

Seen on Twitter that he's expected to miss 6-8 weeks with an LCL injury

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 15, 2018, 05:49:35 pm
Seen on Twitter that he's expected to miss 6-8 weeks with an LCL injury

Man..

AT

Jeez, that sucks. Poor kid. McNabb will keep them afloat in ready for his return.

GuvHog

August 15, 2018, 08:45:04 pm #7 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:46:42 pm by GuvHog

the voice

Surgery on the 30th , lcl tear and partial acl, word is out for the season.

GuvHog

Quote from: the voice on August 15, 2018, 08:48:48 pm
Surgery on the 30th , lcl tear and partial acl, word is out for the season.

IMHO even if there was a possibility that he might play late in the year they shouldn't let him and risk his career. There are BIG things ahead for him.

the voice

Yeah he's out for the year. Just really stinks but that's life. 

the voice

Whoever said one knee injury away from whatever, just know you jinxed him !! Lol I will forever hold you responsible!!

JessieP

So unfair, heartbreaking. I hope the young man realizes he has a lot of football ahead of him. I jokingly said Morrilton was one torn acl away from being a 500 team. I'm sick about that. Often times when a devastating injury like this happens the team rallies and picks up the slack. I wouldn't proclaim the season lost just yet. Pulling for Morrilton and praying for this exceptional young man.

the voice

This is a special young man , I mean when's your he last time you remember a player being offered by every sec after sophomore year ?  Very special.  Hit on sideline on an unnecessary play.  Stinks. 

JessieP

Quote from: GuvHog on August 15, 2018, 08:53:57 pm
IMHO even if there was a possibility that he might play late in the year they shouldn't let him and risk his career. There are BIG things ahead for him.

Couldn't agree more. It may break his heart missing the season but his best days are ahead. Rushing back would be a massive mistake.

Overdahill

Jessie the Jinx needs to turn his attention to the Razorbacks opponents this year :o

AirWarren

Keep Treylon off the field tonight for Warren!

Maynard G Krebs

wishing him a rapid and full recovery

South 45

I'm heart broke over J.C. I'm frustrated with the Sr's but kids will be kids and lessons are being learned. I'm prepared to persevere as any good fan should be and I'm sure glad it's football season again. I've kinda missed (a few of) you guys ;)!!!

PercussionMan

It really sucks that we've lost Jacolby for the season.  I feel terrible for him after all of the hard work he has put in and all of the hype after last season.  For someone so talented to miss a season of his high school career has to be very tough, but I agree that if he heals up properly and comes back, his senior season should be a great thing to watch.  Best wishes to him in his upcoming surgery and recovery.  Also, best wishes to our Devil Dogs as they go out there and compete this year without their field general...."Next man up!!"

Sports Loser

Wish him the best great player

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas