• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'08

Started by WBF †, November 06, 2007, 10:51:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WBF †

I'm not sure about y'all, but I'm tired of reading about the playoffs and the match-ups already. So to switch up the subject, who are key players to look out for next year? Favorites already? Team that will drop the most? Rise the most?

lh89

I believe we will have the same powerhouses next that we have this year.Most of all the starters on LH are juniors.So we have Butterfield,profit,church and all of them back next year.
AHS and WM will both have good teams next year as Sheridan and EL DO. I do not know much about the 6a east as far as seniors.

DF#1

Marion will be lethal next year.

West Memphis is losing a significant amount of talent but do have some other intriguing players that have seen the field this year.

It definitely will not be as good as this year's WM team (IMHO), but you can't ever count the Blue Devils out. WM will always make the playoffs as long as Dauksch is at the helm. The man simply produces wins under the most improbable circumstances.

Football~_~Fanatic

I dont know Devils fan there are a lot of juniors more than seniors i believe.  If I heard correctly they are the only team to ever go undefeated as a JV team...could be wrong but that what i heard.

leestarr

#23 TIM LACKEY AHS.

DF#1

Quote from: Football~_~Fanatic on November 07, 2007, 07:51:54 am
I dont know Devils fan there are a lot of juniors more than seniors i believe.  If I heard correctly they are the only team to ever go undefeated as a JV team...could be wrong but that what i heard.
Nah. JV didn't go undefeated.

They are, however, a very impressive group of guys.

There are a lot of juniors, but this is one of the largest senior classes WM has ever seen. There are 7 starting seniors this season on offense and 8 on defense. So, we have a significant amount that are leaving.

We will still have 3 returning starters on the O-Line and a returning wingback.

You might could say we have a returning tailback because we rotate 5 and 6 backs in and out and there is a junior in that group.

What I expect from next year's team is for #16 to play quarterback, two juniors to fill in at OG, #35 Hayes to play tailback. Fullback is a question mark unless there is a junior/sophomore that I have missed.

On defense, there will still be a lot of speed and strength. We have to replace a lot of linebackers and both of our starting corners.

But we should still have a very solid football team when it's all said and done.

Texarkana_Piggie

i didn't realize until senior night just how many seniors we will be losing....bunches.  but the good news is, there are a lot of jrs. that also play a lot.  we should be in decent shape.  maybe not as good as this yr and last, but good.

RazorbackFan

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 07, 2007, 09:01:44 am
i didn't realize until senior night just how many seniors we will be losing....bunches.  but the good news is, there are a lot of jrs. that also play a lot.  we should be in decent shape.  maybe not as good as this yr and last, but good.

The good thing tho our Nonconfernce schedule should have us ready for confernce play and have ready to fight it out in the 6a

ReconSniper

coach reeds son and the toneys from eldorado.

powerlifter26

LH will return both recivers tauno and profit, running back david church, and qb philip butterfield, and quite a few other starters.

Marionpats07™

Lake Hamilton should be good again next year. West Memphis is losing tons of seniors, correct me if I am wrong but I heard 25+ish seniors? But none the less, they have a good Jr class to back then up and with wm killing everyone this year all their under classmen and jrs are getting the playing time that they need that will help them next year.

Marion should be good next year hopefully, just depends on if anyone steps up and says I want to make something out of this season or not and becomes a leader, even a freshmen can become a leader on a team but you need all the seniors as leaders definately. I hope for us to finish 2nd in the 6A east next year behind who? Not sure but 2nd would be pleasing for me. The following year should be our big year but that is '09.

WBF †

...Imagining that Butterfield has one more year is scary.

powerlifter90

Marion will be tough in the East, Jax will be back in the playoff hunt but they "should" be better the year after.  LH and Eldo in the South.......

ReconSniper

i can see the cats being a biiig contender next year.

GoldenLion30

If Jacksonville can get a certain basketball player back down there to play football, they are going to run more of an Oregon type offense, could be good for them.

triggerman

Remember PB finished the year on an upswing and they are dropping down to 6A next year.   Could be a strong force in the South

wolfpride_28

Quote from: Walk by faith. on November 08, 2007, 09:51:31 pm
...Imagining that Butterfield has one more year is scary.
Scary for anyone but LH ;D

Don't sleep on Sheridan next year, they have a strong junior class this year, and if they step it up in the offseason, they could compete with anyone in the South.

Texarkana_Piggie

frankly i hate to see pb moving back down.  they seemed to be the one we never could handle consistently.

fotbalfun

Quote from: BUGEATERS on November 08, 2007, 10:03:43 pm
Marion will be tough in the East, Jax will be back in the playoff hunt but they "should" be better the year after.  LH and Eldo in the South.......
It is amazing to me that Texarkana can play a good Sheridon team without DJ, score 4 passing touchdowns and use 3 junior running backs for great success and you don't mention Texarkana.  Man, talk about a hard crowd.  In 08, Texarkana will continue to put a quality team on the field.

GoldenLion30

Quote from: triggerman on November 09, 2007, 02:33:52 pm
Remember PB finished the year on an upswing and they are dropping down to 6A next year.   Could be a strong force in the South
This should be a scary fact for ALL the teams in the south.

Marionpats07™

True, but PB has been down lately...but who knows..

GoldenLion30

They were down, but in 7A

thebigshot

You must remember something if Pine Bluff was in 6A this year, they would be in the playoffs. If Southside was in 6A they would be in there also. If Lake Hamilton was in 7A they would prolly be the 4th seed or may not even make the playoffs. Pine Bluff will be a threat next season, and if you don't look at them than your insane.  Most of our 6A teams prolly couldn't hang with some of the lower seeds teams from the 7A. 

powerlifter26

Quote from: Masterlock on November 09, 2007, 07:24:20 pm
You must remember something if Pine Bluff was in 6A this year, they would be in the playoffs. If Southside was in 6A they would be in there also. If Lake Hamilton was in 7A they would prolly be the 4th seed or may not even make the playoffs. Pine Bluff will be a threat next season, and if you don't look at them than your insane.  Most of our 6A teams prolly couldn't hang with some of the lower seeds teams from the 7A. 
lake hamilton would make the playoffs as a first or second seed in 7a dont give me this might not make it crap.

True Believer

Marion...
Anthony Smith                   
Drake Holt                           
K.J. Winders
JoJo Quinn
Ethan Horton
R. Westbrook
J.C. Carlow
Johnathon Millikin

I know I'm forgetting someone.

powerlifter26

LH beat the snot out of pine bluff 45-12 this year

True Believer

November 12, 2007, 09:22:18 am #26 Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:28:31 am by True Believer
  Can't believe I forgot Deop Smith and Azell Marshall from Marion.
Nick Rivera and Big Ricky Williams were injured this year but hopefully they will be back. 

Marionpats07™

Isn't big ricky aka puke? Or who is that lol. I remember Coach Swabb telling us about a kid named "puke."

True Believer

November 12, 2007, 09:31:39 am #28 Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:33:19 am by True Believer
No lol.. that's Timothy Boak was puke.  And yes, he got his name from doing that on the field.  He would be on the line and just ......  It was really gross.  He told me he didn't know why, he would just get nervous and there it would go.  Had to be a huge distraction for the guy across from him.   ;D  Big Ricky is a soph and not fast but BIG.  His knee or ankle keeps giving him problems. 

wolfpride_28

Quote from: powerlifter26 on November 11, 2007, 10:07:31 pm
lake hamilton would make the playoffs as a first or second seed in 7a dont give me this might not make it crap.
Yeah, LH can play with any of the 7A central teams for sure...they might not have finished undefeated, but they could def. hang with Bryant, Russelville, and all of the other teams and got a 1 or 2 seed.

lh89

Quote from: wolfpride_28 on November 12, 2007, 04:15:19 pm
Quote from: powerlifter26 on November 11, 2007, 10:07:31 pm
Yeah, LH can play with any of the 7A central teams for sure...they might not have finished undefeated, but they could def. hang with Bryant, Russelville, and all of the other teams and got a 1 or 2 seed.
Look out next year for the dominating line.Alec Gordon,Levi Jamison,Zac Roth and Kolby Hamilton.

wildcat826

For the upcoming seniors at El Do PB usually was a cupecake but since the moved up to play in 7a the should come back ready to make there mark.

powerlifter26

Quote from: wildcat826 on November 14, 2007, 03:44:18 pm
For the upcoming seniors at El Do PB usually was a cupecake but since the moved up to play in 7a the should come back ready to make there mark.
nah thier not that good kinda one dimensional, LH thumped them this year 45-12 so yall would have poblably won

marionpatriot14

marions going to have a good team next year,we got so many returning people accept lineman wise. we got deop and ezalle returning backs, jonathan millikin QB, JC and Westbrook corners, jojo quinn Guard, also we got this strong dude named b-mac that whooped all of are starters in pratice but never got to play.

WBF †

Quote from: marionpatriot14 on November 14, 2007, 09:34:49 pm
marions going to have a good team next year,we got so many returning people accept lineman wise. we got deop and ezalle returning backs, jonathan millikin QB, JC and Westbrook corners, jojo quinn Guard, also we got this strong dude named b-mac that whooped all of are starters in pratice but never got to play.
I'm sure he's a good player if he never got to play on the Marion team this year.

marionpatriot14

hes holds the dead lifting record, its over 700 pounds and he still got 2 years, but he doesnt know what to do when he gets out there though.

WBF †

Quote from: marionpatriot14 on November 14, 2007, 09:41:20 pm
hes holds the dead lifting record, its over 700 pounds and he still got 2 years, but he doesnt know what to do when he gets out there though.
That's impressive, but he shouldn't play if he doesn't know how.

GoldenLion30

True Believer

Quote from: marionpatriot14 on November 14, 2007, 09:41:20 pm

I don't know him.  What's his real name?

WBF †

I've heard of him before. Can't remember his name.

WBF †

....bump

East Champs?

South Champs?

AllSmiles

Quote from: Devilfan#1 on November 07, 2007, 07:48:56 am

It definitely will not be as good as this year's WM team (IMHO)

They sure aren't the '05 (graduated '06) team. ;)

OK let me stop. ;D

zebrafan

Pine Bluff's

Claude Johnson QB-Jr

Rumorcide

East             South
1. West Memphis                        1. Lake Hamilton
2. Mountain Home                       2. Texarkana
3. Jacksonville                            3. Pine Bluff
4. Marion                                   4. Eldorado

Rowdymom

I would put Marion ahead of both Jax and Mtn. Home.  I'm gonna miss the 6A!!!!! :'(

biggboy

marion shud be in tha top 2 from the east and the kid who dead lift 700 pounds will b a jr.  next season and most likly won't start

True Believer

Quote from: biggboy on December 06, 2007, 12:12:36 pm
marion shud be in tha top 2 from the east and the kid who dead lift 700 pounds will b a jr.  next season and most likly won't start

What's his name?

Marionpats07™

Quote from: biggboy on December 06, 2007, 12:12:36 pm
So because we have a 16/17 year old guy who can dead lift 700lbs we will be #2...hmm. Is it keanan williams or w/e... idk his name

True Believer

I'll ask at school.  I just don't know who this kid is and when I asked my son, he didn't know either.  They all know what each other lifts in that weight room.

WBF †

You can lift 1700 lbs. and not be able to play a lick of football. I'm tired of hearing about that kid and him not stepping a foot on the field.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas