• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#3 Fayetteville @ #1 Bentonville

Started by bear, October 19, 2006, 01:52:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bear

Well this should be a good highscoring affair.

Both offenses average around 40 points per game.
Both teams have only one loss in the conference...
Fayetteville has Har-Ber, and VB left......              Yeah....
Bentonville has Southside and Rogers left...        ooooh.
Bentonville's defense is consistently suspect...
Fayetteville didn't have a defense last week.
Hootens...well you know. ;)

Fayetteville has had all week to wake up and shore up the secondary...but we shall see.

Fayetteville 49 - Bentonville 35

Yee-Haw

Where are you getting those particular rankings from?

bear

Quote from: Yee-Haw on October 19, 2006, 01:59:07 pm
Where are you getting those particular rankings from?

Fayetteville is #3 in about every poll...Bentonville is #1 in Hootens......

HiTech

Quote from: Bear on October 19, 2006, 01:52:55 pm

Hootens...well you know. ;)

Fayetteville has had all week to wake up and shore up the secondary...but we shall see.

I think if Fayetteville keeps the ball and runs it right at Bentonville then Fayetteville will likely win. Bentonville's offense can't score when they don't have the ball.

Yee-Haw

Yeah just mix and match. One ranking from one poll, another ranking from another. It's all the same

bear

Quote from: Yee-Haw on October 19, 2006, 02:33:00 pm
Yeah just mix and match. One ranking from one poll, another ranking from another. It's all the same

You are right.....I was just yanking Hooten's chain.

ARDA

Massey Prediction is

Fayetteville (6-1)         40 (72)
@ Bentonville (5-2)      31 (28 )

crosseyed

Quote from: ARDA on October 19, 2006, 03:36:30 pm
Massey Prediction is

Yup, that sounds about right...

MV

Quote from: crosseyed on October 19, 2006, 03:40:16 pm
Quote from: ARDA on October 19, 2006, 03:36:30 pm
Massey Prediction is

What about McCutcheon, Harris? Will they play or not?

Yup, that sounds about right...

MB

Fayetteville 52

Bentonville 17

The Fayetteville D will come back strong this week.   There didn't seem to be much drop off last week at qb when Dallas went out.  I hope he makes it back this week, but if not there will still be many points scored. 

bearbacker52

bear

McCutcheon and Harris are both fine and will play. They practiced all week.

Baitshop

If Reddogs keep the ball on the ground and out of the hands of B'villes offense......F'ville 35  B'ville 21

If it turns into a passing game.................F'ville 45   B'ville 42...............

RDFT

Quote from: baitshop on October 19, 2006, 09:01:31 pm
If Reddogs keep the ball on the ground and out of the hands of B'villes offense......F'ville 35  B'ville 21

If it turns into a passing game.................F'ville 45   B'ville 42...............

There are some Fayetteville fans out there ready to pounce on you now. ;D
For God's sakes, never call a Fayetteville player a Red Dog. That term is reserved for those players given the great honor of playing for Springdale. (that's harder to swallow this year, I know, but you get the idea....)

hornet2

BADPUPPY

If it turns into a passing game.................F'ville 45   B'ville 42...............

Baitshop....PurpleDogs...PurpleDogs..Not RedDogs, They have no running game.

MB

Quote from: Bear on October 19, 2006, 06:33:05 pm
McCutcheon and Harris are both fine and will play. They practiced all week.

Good news...I'm pulling for them.  Sorry B'ville...I'll shake your hand at the end of the season.

joekuhl

Quote from: Bear on October 19, 2006, 01:52:55 pm

Hootens...well you know. ;) I cant wait to see the final!!

Baitshop

Quote from: RDFT on October 19, 2006, 09:09:00 pm

There are some Fayetteville fans out there ready to pounce on you now. ;D
For God's sakes, never call a Fayetteville player a Red Dog. That term is reserved for those players given the great honor of playing for Springdale. (that's harder to swallow this year, I know, but you get the idea....)

Gentlemen........my most HUMBLE apologies!!!!!!!!

I guess I am a still a little a little excited about the Rebs "mercy rule" payback to the Springdale REDDOGS from last week.............. :o

RDFT, I appreciate your correction and Purple Puppy I appreciate your forgiveness.............. :-*

Now, with the apologies behind us, I can now give my full attention to the Rebs game against the Har Ber Pointers this week............

Oops........ ;D ;D

thebigshot

Fayetteville by 9. They are p*$$ed off about what happen last week and they are going take it out on Bentonville tonight.

Good Luck

ARDA

I don't think Bentonville has faced a defense like Fayetteville.  I predict FHS defense will be very productive tonight, making the job of FHS wonderful offense easier.

bhstigers#1

bentonville protects their house again. bhs by 14

silvers

MountieMin

I think we'll see Fayetteville back in full stride and looking to make a splash.  I think Fayetteville will hold Bentonville to around 30, but Fayetteville will not punt even once tonight.  Fayetteville 49, Bentonville 28.  This will be a good victory for Fayetteville since they will slingshot over #2 since Bentonville has been Hooten's fav all year ;D.  The only thing they can do to save any face is say that Fayetteville will win it all . . . which they might.

shotgunbilly3215

Fayetteville - 20
Bentonville - 22
I'll give Bentonville home field advantage in this one.

I once had a coach that always told us "Your behind 14 points before you ever get off the bus ".
B-ville edges this one out in the final minutes.

MountieMin

I think one of the teams will score 42 by themselves, not both combining for 42.  My money's on Fayetteville.

BADPUPPY

Watch Renardo and Cody run the Ball, watch Dallas Through to G, Camo, Weston and BB.  G on special teams. Big O tonight...For Fayetteville 45 points

Defense gets into the action holds Bentonville to 28.

Two very good offenses go after it.

This will be a physical game.

Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly

FHS stalls inside 10... kicks FG 7-3 Bentonville 9:29 in second

Quite Frankly

BHS inside 10 of FHS.. 2nd and 1...QB 8 yds to the 1..1st and goal..BHS running at will... sneak no gain...Young runs it in for TD..XPT good....

14-3 Bentonville middle of 2nd

Quite Frankly

FHS 4th down and 4 on 3 AND WILL go for it 3:15 to go in half on BHS 32 and a 3yd loss....turnover on downs..

Quite Frankly

Rucker catches deep pass...sets up easy td to Phillips makes it 21-3 with 1:25 left in half...FHS looks bad

Quite Frankly

:30 to Halftime

BHS 21
FHS 3

Late FHS drive gets them a late TD from Dallas to Gioini H for 5 yds

It looks like the Rogers game for FHS.  Simply outplayed to this point and BHS moving at will and only giving up small plays thru the air..  If FHS is forced to pass becuase they are behind, they will lose..  Small spark at end of half but BHS is in command

Quite Frankly

Late FHS td pass

21-10 halftime BHS

same exact score that FHS trailed by last week

Quite Frankly

BHS punts to start the 3rd after a 3 and done.  FHS defense makes a statement.  After punt FHS has it on the FHS 48.

Quite Frankly

Harris 42 yd td catch...BHS 21-17...Track meet begins..

Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly

on the 9 first and goal...first play inc.

Quite Frankly

bad snap makes it 3rd and very long and BHS throws incomplete in end zone with some contact among WR/DB much to a protesting Lunney...on 4th BHS punts...4th and goal and ended up punting...strange

Quite Frankly

FHS drove almost to midfield...punts and Rucker retruns past the 50 to set up short field...first play Walker scampers to the FHS 29....then a 6 yd loss for BHS...3rd quarter ends...Bentonville holding on 21-17...

Quite Frankly

BHS lines up for a FG from 39 yds and ends up calling a timeout instead before they miss it and then goes for it instead on 4th and 4 and......incomplete, turnover on downs... 2 trips in arow inside 30 no points

Quite Frankly

9:33 left in 4th
BHS 21-17
FHS on BHS 32
3rd and 4

4 down territory

Dump pass incomplete

Sure enough FHS goes for it on 4th

Screen for nada and BHS gets it back

Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly

1st and goal...BHS 2 yd run to 4....6:18 left...deliberate slow to line of scrimmange and Rucker catches td pass.

Bentonville 28 Fayetteville 17  5:30 ish in 4th

Quite Frankly

FHS driving on BHS 33...desperate pass almost intercepted...4:24 to go..

Quite Frankly

FHS down to 9, but a bad pass is INT...3:30 to go and FHS has all 3 t.outs..BHS in command

Quite Frankly

FHS using t o's, but BHS still in command

Quite Frankly

3rd and 4 and FHS jumps offside...this one essentially over as FHS uses last t-out with 3;12 left..

Quite Frankly

FHS has it back with 1:26 left and Hootens has a big grin....

urban legend

Wonder if they're grinning about Rogers' score against Northside.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas