• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

..question

Started by Kristy101, October 15, 2006, 04:36:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

October 18, 2006, 08:16:32 am #50 Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 08:18:43 am by Texarkana_Piggie
Quote from: J2653 on October 16, 2006, 07:05:54 pm
Texarkana won a rivalry game against a reeling Texas High, Lost to a 7A school, and have whipped the teams they were supposed to.  Not a shock.

week 1 we beat 7A NLR 17-0
week 2 we LOST to texas high 38-14 (who are currently ranked #1 in the state of texas in 4A (which is comparable to our 6A in enrollment)
week 3 we lost to 7A central in the final minute of the game due to a 6th int that was returned to our 15 yd line.
the only other arkansas team to score on us was benton.
we still have 3 games left (wc, lh and sheridan) and any of those three could go either way.  we'll just have to wait and see how things advance.

powerlifter90

Hey, Texarkana is a very good team when they are 100%, I've never said otherwise.   But, IMO the rest of the conf would be "middle of the pack" or lower if they were in the East   

hogsfan41

I agree with Bugeaters!  Texarkana is a really talented team, and should do well in the playoffs, but everyone else from the south would be a middle range team in the power running schools of the east.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 18, 2006, 08:40:43 am
Hey, Texarkana is a very good team when they are 100%, I've never said otherwise.   But, IMO the rest of the conf would be "middle of the pack" or lower if they were in the East  

i was correcting whoever said we beat texas high.  we didn't by any means.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 18, 2006, 05:21:12 am
Quote from: J2653 on October 17, 2006, 12:25:58 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 17, 2006, 06:56:01 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 17, 2006, 05:03:30 am
WM is not as good as people think they are. They have several flaws that can be exploited. ED has the talent to defeat anyone in the 6A. However, we have serous problems in other areas. To give you an example, we have a kid that was the sophomore player of the year last year that was benched for another kid that the people that call themselves coaches are trying to make a QB. If these people that call themselves coaches, wake up and make some changes, we could be a very good team.

What "flaws" does WM have?   Jax plays them in two weeks, it would be nice to get a good scouting report.

He's an El Dorado fan that has never even seen the Devils.  He's probably not the best person to ask.

I may not be the best person to ask, but here goes. Oh, by the way I am from Helena, and I am good friends with a couple of the coaches. Here is where I think WM can be defeated. Their passing defense is very poor. They cover that up by having a good pass rush. I don't know which corner it is, but one of them can be thrown on every play. They play single coverage with them, which makes it easy for a good passing team to kill them.  Defensively, I would put eight in the box and force WM to pass the ball at least one time per series. They are a horrendous passing team this year. Were as last year they were just poor at passing. I would stunt my LB every play to take out the aggressive play of the QB. If you are successful doing that, WM can be defeated easily.

dang,
Did I overwhelm you jabronies with my knowledge. I would have sworn I would have gotten a few hate mails by now!!!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 18, 2006, 04:19:16 pm
WM is not as good as people think they are. They have several flaws that can be exploited. ED has the talent to defeat anyone in the 6A. However, we have serous problems in other areas. To give you an example, we have a kid that was the sophomore player of the year last year that was benched for another kid that the people that call themselves coaches are trying to make a QB. If these people that call themselves coaches, wake up and make some changes, we could be a very good team.

What "flaws" does WM have?   Jax plays them in two weeks, it would be nice to get a good scouting report.

He's an El Dorado fan that has never even seen the Devils.  He's probably not the best person to ask.

I may not be the best person to ask, but here goes. Oh, by the way I am from Helena, and I am good friends with a couple of the coaches. Here is where I think WM can be defeated. Their passing defense is very poor. They cover that up by having a good pass rush. I don't know which corner it is, but one of them can be thrown on every play. They play single coverage with them, which makes it easy for a good passing team to kill them.  Defensively, I would put eight in the box and force WM to pass the ball at least one time per series. They are a horrendous passing team this year. Were as last year they were just poor at passing. I would stunt my LB every play to take out the aggressive play of the QB. If you are successful doing that, WM can be defeated easily.

dang,
Did I overwhelm you jabronies with my knowledge. I would have sworn I would have gotten a few hate mails by now!!!

Nope, we are just waiting to hear who this coach is... so I can drop him a line.

I doubt he'd be your friend after comments like this.

Too bad, he doesn't exist.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: J2653 on October 18, 2006, 05:00:29 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 18, 2006, 04:19:16 pm

dang,

Nope, we are just waiting to hear who this coach is... so I can drop him a line.

I doubt he'd be your friend after comments like this.

Too bad, he doesn't exist.

Could you please explain to me what I have just said that you do not agree with. I see you have attacked my integrity. Which I don't give a rats a#$. But I thought you would at least come back with an argument of why, what I have said, is not accurate. Do you have a knowledge of the game or did you play in the band? Oh by the way, I played with a guy that was on the WM coaching staff at one time. We also still keep in touch. No, I am not an expert on WM , but if all you can do is question my integrity and my sources, you don't need to debate the game with me.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 19, 2006, 07:22:57 am
Oh by the way, I played with a guy that was on the WM coaching staff at one time. We also still keep in touch. No, I am not an expert on WM , but if all you can do is question my integrity and my sources, you don't need to debate the game with me.

If all you do, is hide behind an argument rooted in a source that doesn't exist.  Then we aren't really having an argument are we?

Pretty hard to believe, that a WM coach (who are known for incredible integrity), would discuss their teams weaknesses with anyone other than the team.  Those coaches are too classy to do otherwise.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: J2653 on October 19, 2006, 11:54:06 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 19, 2006, 07:22:57 am
Oh by the way, I played with a guy that was on the WM coaching staff at one time. We also still keep in touch. No, I am not an expert on WM , but if all you can do is question my integrity and my sources, you don't need to debate the game with me.

If all you do, is hide behind an argument rooted in a source that doesn't exist.  Then we aren't really having an argument are we?

Pretty hard to believe, that a WM coach (who are known for incredible integrity), would discuss their teams weaknesses with anyone other than the team.  Those coaches are too classy to do otherwise.

You obviously can not read, I said my old teammate "was" a coach at WM. Just like I said he "WAS" an old teammate. The bottom line is. I talk to a lot of old teammates about football throughout the state. Purely for fun. I have asked you severall times to counter the information I have provided on the weaknesses of WM. You are starting to show that you are not a student of the game. People like you always come on this board and argue points that don't have anything to do with the "GAME" of football. Could someone from WM please read what I have posted and please give me an argument to why what I have posted in not valid. You can assume all you want that I have lied about my source.

Hey J2653,
Lets assume that what you have accused me of is true, can you tell me one thing, does WM have a hard time defending the pass?

SingleWingGuru

October 19, 2006, 02:15:54 pm #59 Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:17:33 pm by J2653
Quote from: xtremewildcat on October 19, 2006, 01:24:37 pm
Hey J2653,
Lets assume that what you have accused me of is true, can you tell me one thing, does WM have a hard time defending the pass?

Yes.  The weak side cover corner gives up some pretty big plays.  They HOWEVER, do not play solely single coverage.  They play umbrella, man 2, and occaisionally use 2LD techniques.

People like you always come on this board and argue points that don't have anything to do with the "GAME" of football.

Yep.  Exactly right.  I'm a useless troll, that has zero football knowledge.

Glad we straightened that up.  Xtremewildcat is a good poster, insinuates WM Coaches informed him of their weaknesses.  J2653 is a bad poster because he questions such an obviously false remark.  Xtremewildcat then flames J2653, questions his love of the game, makes remarks about him being in band, ignores the question he was asked, then by questioning xtremewildcat's attribution J2653 is somehow a poster not WORTHY of discussing football points.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: J2653 on October 19, 2006, 02:15:54 pm
Hey J2653,

Yes.  The weak side cover corner gives up some pretty big plays.  They HOWEVER, do not play solely single coverage.  They play umbrella, man 2, and occaisionally use 2LD techniques.

People like you always come on this board and argue points that don't have anything to do with the "GAME" of football.

Yep.  Exactly right.  I'm a useless troll, that has zero football knowledge.

Glad we straightened that up.  Xtremewildcat is a good poster, insinuates WM Coaches informed him of their weaknesses.  J2653 is a bad poster because he questions such an obviously false remark.  Xtremewildcat then flames J2653, questions his love of the game, makes remarks about him being in band, ignores the question he was asked, then by questioning xtremewildcat's attribution J2653 is somehow a poster not WORTHY of discussing football points.

Hmmmm.... pretty good!

Remember, I said WM "COULD" be defeated, I never said they would.

mudslog

Quote from: TheBigShot on October 15, 2006, 04:41:24 pm
People are going laugh at me when I say this and prolly get a few slaps.  No I'm not on crack because of what I'm about to say.  I think If El Dorado goes 5-2 in conference they will get the 4th seed. They will play West Memphis in the 1st round, and I think El Dorado can beat them.  El Dorado got the 4th seed in 2004 and beat the #1 seed out of the East, and it could happen again.

There is always a big upset in the playoffs.

HAA HAAA HAAA.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas