• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-3 Benton will make the playoffs after losing to three 7-A teams

Started by hornet2, September 16, 2006, 06:30:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet2

Coach Jones knew what he was doing when he set up this schedule. He has got his players used to playing 7-A teams and now he is heading into conference with Hall as the first game and the rest of the 6A south schedule. The Panthers will finish conference in the top 4 and make the playoffs. Now all the doubters and come forth and I will remind you of what I said in Nov.

mudslog

I  believe you 100%.  The rest of the division is downright horrible.   It is quite possible they may go undefeated in conference with Texarkana's star back out with a blown knee.

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: mudslog on September 16, 2006, 08:37:46 am
I  believe you 100%.  The rest of the division is downright horrible.   It is quite possible they may go undefeated in conference with Texarkana's star back out with a blown knee.

WHAT??? Dennis Johnson has a blown out knee??? When, how, who'd they play???

mudslog

They played Central.  Dennis had 10 yds/8 carries and left in the second half with knee injury.  Extent of injury unknown but does not look good. 

RazorbackFan

dennis was walkin around fine walked off the field he does not have a blown knee

footballobserver

Honestly, I hope you are right! These poor boys (Benton) have been demoralized! Why would you schedule teams like that (Central, Catholic, Conway) for your "new", "inexperienced" team? What they need is a boost of confidence, not this degrading stuff. They have major coaching issues. Talk to the players, they can tell you that after 1-2  offensive plays, they knew that Conway D had figured out how to stop them, yet, they (coaches) kept running the same plays until almost half-time.

I wish we would quit trying to recreate the "dream team" from last year. Change the offense to fit the players talents, not try to mold the talent into the offense you want to run. Benton does not have the equipment to run the spread offense! Why not line up in the Power-I, like in the days of Luke Woodard? They have a RB or 2 that run like Woo used to.

McCauley is a good pocket QB, however, he is not the scrambler that Langley was. However, the offensive line is not big or strong enough to create a pocket for him to throw out of, so you roll him out, which works sometimes, but they still need to mix it up because they are VERY predictable. Work with McCauley's talents and quit trying to make him be Langley.

Also, you can tell that Catholic and Conway watched film cause they ran the ball (right down Benton's throat)...... the defense can't stop the run! They just marched up and down the field getting 5-10 yards a play. They need some big bodies on the defensive line like Big O and possibly Askew, those guys are huge and hard to move.  Why not put Conyers as a linebacker or even Poole in that spot, big guys that can move to the ball.  We are getting pushed up and down the field.

Who knows what will happen in Conference play. None of the 6A South teams have done well in non-conference play, so, looks like they playing field will be balanced this Friday night.

Honestly, Benton is missing the play calling of Coach Neathery.  Jones needs to stay out of the play calling and let his new OC, Hampton, call the plays. Who knows if that is what actually happens, but it sure looks like Jones' new coordinator hasn't put his signature on this team yet. And where was this running game that was supposedly to be played Friday night?  Well, now that the non conference schedule is over and the games actually mean something now, maybe things will change for the better, because if it doesn't it will be a long season for the Benton Panthers.

hornet2

Benton could not find any other team in the 6A that was willing to play them. That is what happens when you win 3 conference championships in a row.

powerlifter90

schedules are usually made a couple years in advance.  I know Jax was looking for another non-conf game and Benton couldn't/wouldn't do it, so we got Lake Hamilton

As far as Benton making the playoffs............ probably.  Look at the South, you have Texarkana who is almost a lock, then Lake Hamilton, Benton, and ??

COZMO_KRAMER

Quote from: hornet2 on September 16, 2006, 06:30:04 am
Coach Jones knew what he was doing when he set up this schedule. He has got his players used to playing 7-A teams and now he is heading into conference with Hall as the first game and the rest of the 6A south schedule. The Panthers will finish conference in the top 4 and make the playoffs. Now all the doubters and come forth and I will remind you of what I said in Nov.

i will remind you now, you should not get the good people of bentons' hopes up like that from your statement, cuz it's not a guarantee they will beat hall.  and if you look at the 7a schools they played, none of the were named northside, fayetteville, central, catholic, nlr, or springdale, so that shouldn't count for anything special, you dont have josh langly anymore, and you would have to be better than texarkana, lake.hamilton, chapel, eldorado, and a sheridan team fresh off an upset of white hall, who is much better than benton, and they're in a lower class.  so when nov comes remeber if that last game against chapel, at the end of the season is meaningless and your already out out playoff contention, then your whole post was too.

COZMO_KRAMER

Quote from: hornet2 on September 17, 2006, 11:06:16 pm
Benton could not find any other team in the 6A that was willing to play them. That is what happens when you win 3 conference championships in a row.

no, that's what happens when everybody is lining up to play them for an easy win against an inexperienced, undersized, young team that prob wont win but 3 gamed this year.  nobody else could book a game with them cause they were filled up with teams looking for a "cheap" victory.

mudslog

Benton can still make the playoffs very easily.  All they have to do is show up at some of these games and they will win.  Texarkana is a good team for the 6A but they are lucky they don't have to compete in the 7A as a winning record would be a question. 

COZMO_KRAMER

Quote from: mudslog on September 18, 2006, 12:06:11 pm
Benton can still make the playoffs very easily.  All they have to do is show up at some of these games and they will win.  Texarkana is a good team for the 6A but they are lucky they don't have to compete in the 7A as a winning record would be a question. 

i thought a few teams would just lay down too but i'm not so sure about that after last friday, advice to benton, do not by any means take lr hall for granted, at their home field at that, that alone will intimidate a team cause of location.  i doubt benton will play football in any neigborhoods like what they are about to face this friday night.

RazorbackFan

Texarkana is 1and 1 against 7a this year and we put a good fight up against central despite throwing 6 interceptions

mudslog

Like I said a winning record would be in question 1-1 is not a winning record. 

southconfchamps

Benton is still going to make the playoffs because no one in the 6a south with the exception of texarkana can compare with the non conf schedule they had

powerlifter90

Texarkana throwing 6 ints surprised me.  Not that they threw that many, but that they attempted enough passes to get that many ints.  I take it that was after DJ went down, is it safe to say that he is 95% or their offense?

RazorbackFan

most of those took place before he went down and no he is not 95% of the offense we are deep with talent in the backfield and when bo is on the money lance marvell is an awesome receiver

powerlifter90

Quote from: RazorbackFan on September 20, 2006, 11:07:16 pm
most of those took place before he went down and no he is not 95% of the offense we are deep with talent in the backfield and when bo is on the money lance marvell is an awesome receiver

so they have DJ, some other decent backs and one good WR..........................

should be easy to defend, bracket coverage on the WR, stack the line for the RB, thanks, see you in Little Rock 

hb14lh

benton will lose to TEX and LH...but they still will prolly make the playoffs

hornet2

Quote from: COZMO_KRAMER on September 18, 2006, 12:16:42 pm

i thought a few teams would just lay down too but i'm not so sure about that after last friday, advice to benton, do not by any means take lr hall for granted, at their home field at that, that alone will intimidate a team cause of location.  i doubt benton will play football in any neigborhoods like what they are about to face this friday night.

Benton looking a lot better now with a win under their belt.

mudslog

Benton is in.  They can beat Texarkana if they have a good defensive line.   Just line of 8 or 9 in the box and it is yours.  Their quarterback sucks.   He hands off well, but you and I can do that.  Their second team quarterback is better.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas