• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

( New Poll) 2006 6A East Best QB

Started by BD Baby, December 12, 2005, 11:13:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the 6A East's Most Valuable QB?

Hubbard of Jacksonville
8 (33.3%)
Parker of Forrest City
0 (0%)
Haynes of Mtn. Home
3 (12.5%)
Rowden of Searcy
1 (4.2%)
Delta Cleary of Jonesboro
8 (33.3%)
? West Memphis
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 19, 2006, 09:14:02 am

BD Baby

December 12, 2005, 11:13:19 am Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:15:58 am by BD Baby
Hubbard of Jax
Parker of FC
Haynes of MH
Rowden of Searcy
Cleary of Jonesboro (Burns prototype)

Somebody should do a poll.

powerlifter90

I'll go with HUB, not to be a "homer" (defintion: see xbear) or anything.   He was really beginning to pick up the new system at the end of last year.   

olddog79

Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 12, 2005, 12:09:45 pm
I'll go with HUB, not to be a "homer" (defintion: see xbear) or anything. He was really beginning to pick up the new system at the end of last year.
You a homer? nah couldn't be.

powerlifter90

I think I've more than proved myself on here NOT to be a "homer".  I say it like I see it whether it is in favor of my team or not. 

olddog79

December 12, 2005, 01:42:52 pm #4 Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:44:34 pm by olddog79
Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 12, 2005, 12:54:36 pm
I think I've more than proved myself on here NOT to be a "homer". I say it like I see it whether it is in favor of my team or not.
Just kiddin' ya.

Shoot...I'm one of the biggest homers on here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Primetime06

Wilson Parker of FC is the man! He is really going to step up his game alot more after being under Coach Reed and the system for two years. GO MUSTANGS

powerlifter90

Wilson might be the "man", but he won't have anything around him.  One man can't do it all. 

SingleWingGuru

December 12, 2005, 03:31:48 pm #7 Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 03:33:33 pm by Jeremy2653
Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 12, 2005, 03:28:56 pm
Wilson might be the "man", but he won't have anything around him. One man can't do it all.

How does, dive, dive, dive, dive, sweep, FLY ROUTE DEEP... repeat... even give Wilson a chance to show he is anything other than a person that throws the fly route.

I got to see his reaction when his team got down in a game (MH) and it wasn't very favorable.

xtremewildcat

I gained a heck of a lot lot of respect for that QB from WM in that championship game. Can he pass? Not that good. But hey, I'll take him on my team in a heart beat.

razorback5

Cleary has a great arm and is a great scrambler

Chad44

Hunter Miller - Sylvan Hills

football0622

adn what exactly does hubbard have around thats so special other than akins

powerlifter90

Quote from: football0622 on December 12, 2005, 11:49:21 pm

other than Akins, who IMO, has the potential to play D1 ball, Jax has 3 returning skill position players returning

Seborn     FB     returning starter
Mattison  WR    returning starter
Gabriel     TE     returning starter

Hazeess  WR    6-3, 200, 4.5 
King         WR    6-4, 200, 4.4
Harris  WR /RB  5-4, 140, 4.4

Patriot

Rogers
Cody Kirby could very well be one of the best in the state at the QB position, but bad luck has prevented anyone from seeing this.  Broke an ankle both of the last two seasons.  He squats over 500 and can throw the ball a mile.  He is also one of the hards working kids you'll ever find.

BD Baby

Is Hunter Miller #10 from Sylvan Hills?

Patriot are you talking about Marion's QB next year?

olddog79

Quote from: Patriot on December 13, 2005, 10:37:19 am

Rogers
Cody Kirby could very well be one of the best in the state at the QB position, but bad luck has prevented anyone from seeing this. Broke an ankle both of the last two seasons. He squats over 500 and can throw the ball a mile. He is also one of the hards working kids you'll ever find.
How long has Rogers been in the 6A East?

JvilleDevils

Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 13, 2005, 07:15:28 am

other than Akins, who IMO, has the potential to play D1 ball, Jax has 3 returning skill position players returning

Seborn     FB     returning starter
Mattison  WR    returning starter
Gabriel     TE     returning starter

Hazeess  WR    6-3, 200, 4.5
King         WR    6-4, 200, 4.4
Harris  WR /RB  5-4, 140, 4.4

If he runs a 4.5  then im a 4.3 guy...

powerlifter90

way to bust out your own teammates "richard"

I guess we'll have to line you two up...........

GoldenLion30

Maybe not a 4.5 but close....................................and yes, no matter what you say he is that fast.
Maybe you just think you're slower than you really are.

football0622

Jville has no receivers coming back, so i guess akins and sebourn better get ready to carry the load.  King is to inconsistent but could be unstoppable if he worked on it, big word there "if". Mattison will never be anything but a possession receiver which there is nothing worng with that, but in my opinion they dont have that big play guy and that offensive line that couldnt keep Daniel safe lost nearly everyone so how do you expect to pass if he doesnt have time.

OurLadyOfSorrow

#2 stupidest comment ever.

OurLadyOfSorrow

Quote from: football0622 on December 14, 2005, 10:16:53 pm
King is to inconsistent but could be unstoppable if he worked on it
Maybe... but probably not.
And thats a big probably.
I was considering using definately not.

Did King even get to play much this year?

He couldnt hold onto a ball if you just handed it to him, what makes you think he could actually CATCH a ball and KEEP it in a game? I dont see that happening, sorry sorry.
And even if a miracle happened and he did catch it, as soon as he got hit, he'd probably drop it.

Also, King seems kind of lazy to me, I dont think he'd be the kind to work on anything.

football0622

Iam saying King is going to be great or anything like that if you would of finished reading then you would of saw the "if" after what i said about him.  About the 2nd stupidest comment, who do they have coming back if you can tell me and show some prove of why these people can contribute then i could see why it would be the stupidest comment but until you can do that i stick with my comment.

powerlifter90

Quote from: football0622 on December 15, 2005, 09:56:52 am
Iam saying King is going to be great or anything like that if you would of finished reading then you would of saw the "if" after what i said about him. About the 2nd stupidest comment, who do they have coming back if you can tell me and show some prove of why these people can contribute then i could see why it would be the stupidest comment but until you can do that i stick with my comment.

Evidently you don't know as much about the Jax football program as you think.  With the O they are running a BIG play guy in the sense of the word is not all that important.  You throw the ball on short routes and work it down the field, if you break a big one that's great.   If you want to compare it to SD you can, SD went deep when they wanted to, but most of their passes where screens and stuff in the flats.  Jax likes to do the same when they can or hand the ball off.  Saying "DA" comments like seborn and akins will have to "carry" the team shows your lack of knowledge of what's going on inside the field house. 

Hazees (sp?) will be a BIG play guy, with his size and speed all he needs is time
King, with some "attitude" changes and some work with the tennis ball machine this kids potential is only limited by him
Mattison, I promise everyone reading this that he will return for two-a-days at 160+, possession receiver or not, his weight is the only thing holding him back

OurLadyOfSorrow

Quote from: football0622 on December 15, 2005, 09:56:52 am
Iam saying King is going to be great or anything like that if you would of finished reading then you would of saw the "if" after what i said about him. About the 2nd stupidest comment, who do they have coming back if you can tell me and show some prove of why these people can contribute then i could see why it would be the stupidest comment but until you can do that i stick with my comment.

I doubt King is going to be great..
I think you meant to put "not" in there, but im not sure..
I saw the IF, I just thought it was humorous for anyone to actually think that he would try to get better and would be able to catch a ball.

They have a few coming back, but Bugeaters has already named them..

Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 13, 2005, 07:15:28 am

Seborn FB returning starter
Mattison WR returning starter
Gabriel TE returning starter

Hazeess WR 6-3, 200, 4.5
King WR 6-4, 200, 4.4
Harris WR /RB 5-4, 140, 4.4

Remember?

football0622

But just because they have the potential doesnt mean that will be able to do anything. Having played them this year and watching them. They dont exactly move the ball down the field slowly, most of their touchdowns were on big plays. I know Blake is your boy but his weight aint the only thing holding him back.  Iam not dogging jville iam just saying its going to be tough for them next year ecspecially if they dont find a line.  They can have all the athletes in the world but if they dont have a line they cant win.  You've named all these players but whose going to block for the two backs and hubbard for him to pass. They had a huge line this year and they didnt do the best job. I would love to see jville to succeed and do good i was just wanting to know who they have next year.

OurLadyOfSorrow

lol oh dont get me started on the line this year.
John Ottis is the only one who is good at his position.
But im going to be nice and leave it at that.

OurLadyOfSorrow

Who do you play for football0622?

football0622

whos the hazees(sp?) i dont remember seeing or even hearing of him. I was just wondering.

powerlifter90

L'Harees (sp) I think is how you spell his name, I'll have to check the program.  He didn't really get any varsity PT until the last two games, made one heck of a catch vs Cabot.  He has the size, speed, and hands to be a very good WR in Whatley's system.  A summer of 7 on 7 and the first part of next season will tell the tail, but I think he will be alright.

Yes, Blake is my boy, although I am his biggest fan/supporter I am also his biggest critic.  Not in a mean way or anything like that (ala Tim Mcgraw in Friday Night Lights) but in a supportive way.  If I wasn't awake every Friday night when he came home he'd wake me up just to talk about the game.  Blake has decent speed and GREAT hands, but he is a little light.  We are going to take care of that this summer, he's not playing legion baseball just so he can dedicate himself to the gym.  If he doesn't come to 2-a-days at 160 (he's 142 now) I will feel like I didn't do MY job.  Another thing he needs to work on is he needs to get more "physical" and not shy away from contact.  I know at under 140 this is more of a "survival" tactic than anything, but he needs to worry about 3 things.  1. Catch the ball, 2. get the first down, 3. touchdown, don't worry about getting hit, if you do that you don't need to be playing the game.  You are correct in that he was a "possession" receiver, but he had 23 receps and averaged 12 yards per catch, so I think he did his job pretty well.   Hey, I'm not one of those "my kid is the greatest thing" Dads I know my kids strengths and weaknesses.   

As far as Jax not having the BIG boys up front anymore, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  The line we had this year did a pretty good job at the line of scrimmage with run and pass blocking.  But, if you watch any other "spread" teams they have linemen running down field making blocks at 20 yards past the los.  If you watch SD (I have 3 of their games on DVD, you can get them for $10 from their booster club) most of their passes were screens, delayed screens, and flairs.  The linemen on the side opposite of the play would "brush block" their D-lineman and take off down field.  The spread is suppose to create one on one matchups and take advantage of those matchups.  You don't need the 300+ OL that Jax had to be effective, you get some kids in the 250-260 range with good feet that can run a little and you have what you need.  A 250 kid on a LB or DB for a second or two will spring even the slowest receiver.   Now next year they will have some kids that were probably be listed as big RB's or LB's in the past that will get some PT on the O or D line.  If you look at the kids coming up from 7th, 8th, and 9th grades the days of the huge lineman in Jax is over, but there are allot of 240/250/260 kids coming that can run pretty good.  IMO this is exactly what they need, have your WR's running precise patterns, have Hubb only hold the ball for a 3 count and throw to a "spot" not a man.

football0622

Knowing you for a long time now i know your all bout the best for blake. I agree with you on the things he needs to work on, the only other thing ive seen that he could better at is working on going and getting a ball. When we played him he had a couple that could of caught but he didnt time it right but i agree he has the potential. Let me also say its going to be tough on him doing legion and working out. In my own personal experience i wish i wouldnt of played legion this past year but ol Hick got to me and made me feel like i needed to play and i think it kinda hurt me but my dad told  you know you only live once so you might as well do everything you can. BUT thats just my own experience i wish blake the best of luck, its hard work.

GoldenLion30

Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 16, 2005, 09:03:54 am
I know at under 140 this is more of a "survival" tactic than anything

You are so right!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: skinnyboy15 on December 16, 2005, 04:39:54 pm

You are so right!

i don't necessarily believe that... because i know a team FULL of 140 pounders that was "purdy" good this year.

OurLadyOfSorrow

I think Blakes awesome  :)

He's my favorite of Dan's friends, because he's always sweet to everyone..

powerlifter90

Quote from: football0622 on December 16, 2005, 03:19:45 pm
Knowing you for a long time now i know your all bout the best for Blake. I agree with you on the things he needs to work on, the only other thing I've seen that he could better at is working on going and getting a ball. When we played him he had a couple that could of caught but he didn't time it right but i agree he has the potential. Let me also say its going to be tough on him doing legion and working out. In my own personal experience i wish i wouldn't of played legion this past year but ol Hick got to me and made me feel like i needed to play and i think it kinda hurt me but my dad told you know you only live once so you might as well do everything you can. BUT that's just my own experience i wish Blake the best of luck, its hard work.

Blake is NOT playing legion this summer (his choice), he knows that in order to have a chance at playing baseball in college he needs to get stronger and the only way to do it is to take some time off from one sport and he is sacrificing legion ball.  He's put on some weight since football was over and I don't think 160 or 165 is going to be that hard to accomplish.  The thing about youngsters that have played something all the time since they were young is that as soon as they concentrate on eating enough and lifting they seem to put on lbs very quick.  What I have learned over the years by working with these kids is they eat allot, but only 2 or 3 times a day.  In order to really put on some size they need to get out of bed about 6am, eat breakfast and a protein shake, and either go back to bed, work, etc. then eat a turkey or peanut butter sandwich, protein bar or shake again at 9-10 am.  Then eat their big lunch at noon, repeat their 9-10am snack at about 2-3pm, hit the gym a couple hours later, eat supper at 6-7pm then another protein shake before bed.  With this many quality calories, and a GOOD weight training program you will put on weight in just 2 or 3 months.   The problem with you guys that are built like Blake, is you fool yourselves into thinking that 2 or 3 BIG meals a day is enough, it's not.  You need to eat 5-6 times a day in order to keep energy, blood sugar, etc levels constant throughout the day.  You also need to drink about 1oz of water per lb of body weight. 
Another thing that is important is to lift CORRECTLY and with an "attitude".  Too many of you go into the weight room with a "hey I'm here" attitude or act like it's a social event and chat with you buddies for two hours.  You know that aggressive p'd off attitude you have on Friday nights, before and during the game?  That's how you approach the weight room, go in there focused, ps'd off at the world every time you go and you will get the results you are looking for.  Remember next years state champ is not made during 2-a-days, or during next season, the champ is made from now until August.   I don't know everything, but over the years I've learned a thing or two from the best powerlifters and strong men in the world.  I am more than happy to pass along what I know to anyone that wants to learn, and I think that if my kid listens (yeah right) to his old man, he might be able to achieve anything he puts his mind to.

GoldenLion30

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on December 16, 2005, 04:48:13 pm

You are so right!

i don't necessarily believe that... because i know a team FULL of 140 pounders that was "purdy" good this year.
I am not 140 I am 130 at best.

olddog79

Quote from: skinnyboy15 on December 19, 2005, 12:43:34 pm
Quote from: Jeremy2653 on December 16, 2005, 04:48:13 pm

You are so right!

I am not 140 I am 130 at best.
3 words....biscuits and gravy!

powerlifter90

his problem is he needs to get his butt out of bed in the morning and eat.  When you don't get up till noon, you've already missed 2 meals

GoldenLion30

I still eat breakfast and lunch. They are just closer together than they would be if I got up at 9.

olddog79

Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 19, 2005, 12:49:56 pm
his problem is he needs to get his butt out of bed in the morning and eat. When you don't get up till noon, you've already missed 2 meals
3 words....kick his butt!  lol

powerlifter90

Quote from: olddog79 on December 19, 2005, 12:55:06 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 19, 2005, 12:49:56 pm
his problem is he needs to get his butt out of bed in the morning and eat. When you don't get up till noon, you've already missed 2 meals
3 words....kick his butt! lol

well I could do that and like all kids he'd probably get an attitude about it.  If he wants to get bigger and stronger he's going to have to decide if he wants to follow my advice or not.   I was smaller than he is when I was his age, I wish someone would have been able to tell me how to eat and how to lift, I'd still be playing ball.  Now, I'm too darn old to play, so I have to pass on my limited knowledge to others.     

OurLadyOfSorrow

Blake, Im gonna come wake you up at 6am and make you eat.

UALR11

Jake Haynes of MH has alot of game experience and has had to produce in the clutch more than probably any of the other qb's in the conference due to MH having such close games all the time.

powerlifter90

Quote from: mh0835 on December 21, 2005, 07:23:47 pm
Jake Haynes of MH has allot of game experience and has had to produce in the clutch more than probably any of the other qb's in the conference due to MH having such close games all the time.

No disrespect to Jake, but what were his rushing attempts-yards gained, passes attempted, completed, passing yards, TD's and ints.

It's all about the numbers.  IMO it takes allot more to be a all conf/state QB than just being a RB that takes the snaps

UALR11

Well Jake is not the best passer in the conference, nor is he the best dual-threat, but that kid has poise.  I would take him on my team due to his ability to perform in the clutch.  When most kids are getting pre-game jitters come thursday and early in the day friday, Jake is completely confident of his teams ability and lacks the anxiety most team leaders carry.  He might not even had a 100 yard throwing or rushing game, but it seems like when no one else will step up sure enough undersized #5 will pull out a 20 yard scamper or throw his best pass of the night. 

old timer

Quote from: BUGEATERS on December 22, 2005, 08:12:43 am
Jake Haynes of MH has allot of game experience and has had to produce in the clutch more than probably any of the other qb's in the conference due to MH having such close games all the time.

No disrespect to Jake, but what were his rushing attempts-yards gained, passes attempted, completed, passing yards, TD's and ints.

It's all about the numbers. IMO it takes allot more to be a all conf/state QB than just being a RB that takes the snaps

Youre right all it takes is your coach to picking you as all conference or all state.  It has nothing to do with numbers and respect around the league or state. 

SingleWingGuru

It's all about the numbers. IMO it takes allot more to be a all conf/state QB than just being a RB that takes the snaps

I would be all for Jake Haynes as an all conference QB... IF he hadn't fallen apart the last two games of the season...  He was incredibly poised and incredibly mature all season long until those last two games, and then it was almost painful to watch.

powerlifter90

Quote from: old timer on December 23, 2005, 12:18:17 am

Youre right all it takes is your coach to picking you as all conference or all state. It has nothing to do with numbers and respect around the league or state.

Like I said before I am not familiar with the system used in Ark to pick all conf and all state, but just b/c YOUR coach thinks you are all conf/state shouldn't be the only requirement to getting this honor.  I have said before that I think the list is too large for all state.  IMO the 1st team all conf should be the best player at that position in the conf and the same goes with all state.  Where I grew up your coach nominates who he feels should be selected and the other coaches in the conf vote on who makes the team(s)

bombercheer4

BUT....This was Jake's first year to really play QB at the high school level. All last year he sat behind Evan VanDolah and didn't see hardly any playing time as the starting QB. This year he had to get out all the first year jitters and get the feeling of a real game and a whole season. Next year he'll be a senior and have a year under his belt. Just because he doesn't have the best stats doesn't mean is can't hold his own on the field. You'll see...

Raven

MH- Jake Haynes will dominate if he puts alot of effort into improving his passing game.  Most players can put on alot of strength from Jr to Sr.  I think he runs a much better option than VanDolah.  It helps to have the weapon on special teams (FG) with Jake Haynes holding and Jake Young kicking.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas