• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9th Grade AR Wings Elite

Started by GB5Hoops, February 25, 2014, 03:13:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GB5Hoops

I'm the coach for the Arkansas Wings Elite 9th grade team based out of central Arkansas. I was wondering if there were any excellent 9th graders (possibly 8th grade if they are amazing) around the area would be worth taking a look at?

And what about 9th graders playing up for their high school teams? I heard there was a good one out of Vilonia any more info on him?

Hogskin

Stanley is already playing for high school wings elite this summer

P.F.G.

Not to toot our horn but alma has some really talented 8th graders. Good size and can shoot.

ahsalum

February 26, 2014, 09:10:12 am #3 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:04:40 am by Steve Perry
Quote from: P.F.G. on February 26, 2014, 08:27:22 am
Not to toot our horn but alma has some really talented 8th graders. Good size and can shoot.

Alma BB has some outstanding talent coming up.

Unbelievable talent tbh.......but that's neither here, nor there......a lot can happen in a just a few years... I've gotten married and divorced, two times each........ in a two year time period...

MDXPHD

Quote from: GB5Hoops on February 25, 2014, 03:13:51 pm
I'm the coach for the Arkansas Wings Elite 9th grade team based out of central Arkansas. I was wondering if there were any excellent 9th graders (possibly 8th grade if they are amazing) around the area would be worth taking a look at?

And what about 9th graders playing up for their high school teams? I heard there was a good one out of Vilonia any more info on him?

Your quote under your name says that you should be able to find them on your own and not come searching on a message board.  Humble I see.

GB5Hoops

Sorry guys I miss understood Ron Crawford on the phone the other day.. Had a meeting with Bryan Adams and Ron yesterday and discovered its actually an 8th grade team. Sorry for the confusion.

So if you guys know of any good 8th graders I'd appreciate it!

GB5Hoops

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 26, 2014, 09:11:23 am

Your quote under your name says that you should be able to find them on your own and not come searching on a message board.  Humble I see.

Seeing as to how I was just hired, yes hired, yesterday I'm a little behind on the recruiting trail. I've been so tied up in 5a west basketball, because my little brother and two other players I coached this summer play for Greenbrier, that I haven't even been paying attention to Jr. High.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 26, 2014, 09:10:12 am
Quote from: P.F.G. on February 26, 2014, 08:27:22 am

Alma BB has some outstanding talent coming up.

Unbelievable talent tbh.......but that's neither here, nor there......a lot can happen in a just a few years... I've gotten married and divorced, two times each........ in a two year time period...

Two times in two years??..........Ladies man...or was it to the same woman?   :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: GB5Hoops on February 26, 2014, 01:27:10 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on February 26, 2014, 09:11:23 am

Seeing as to how I was just hired, yes hired, yesterday I'm a little behind on the recruiting trail. I've been so tied up in 5a west basketball, because my little brother and two other players I coached this summer play for Greenbrier, that I haven't even been paying attention to Jr. High.
Good Luck on your new job!    :)

GB5Hoops

[/quote]Good Luck on your new job!    :)
[/quote]

Thank you sir! I appreciate it!

DogsWin7

February 26, 2014, 07:01:49 pm #10 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:05:26 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: GB5Hoops on February 26, 2014, 06:54:52 pm

Thank you sir! I appreciate it!

You are very welcome.  :)

Forrest City H

If you switch over to 8th grade girls, take a trip over to Vilonia!    :D

DogsWin7

February 26, 2014, 10:20:55 pm #12 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:27:03 pm by DiehardFBfan
NM

GB5Hoops

Are you sure it's 9th grade? or 8th grade? I'd give Coach Crawford a call. I'm sure he's got a list. Recruiting a team on Fearless Friday will get you a roster of Cheetos dust-fingered daddy's kids whose kids sit on end of the bench... In JV.
[/quote]

It's 8th grade and lol I completely agree! We already have a roster of 10 but I was told to get around 3 more..

Don't tend to pay much attention when they start the message off with "I think you should take a look at my son" but the "there's this kid in the 8th grade at (insert school here)" messages do get my attention!

Eagle20

8th grade 7'0" kid atArkansas Baptist is skilled.  He is now on the radar.  Who knows when he is going to stop growing.  Skinny but skilled.

neds

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 01, 2014, 11:43:56 pm
8th grade 7'0" kid atArkansas Baptist is skilled.  He is now on the radar.  Who knows when he is going to stop growing.  Skinny but skilled.

Agree , great potential

bballref

I coached against Coach Levi and AB this season and the 7 footer is very skilled. Soft hands and touch. A threat to score outside the paint, but his rebounding needs to improve. That will come with the added strength and years of playing. The other post that plays (about 6'3) is very aggressive on the boards so it balanced the team out well. Made for great games but wouldn't be disappointed in seeing them moved up to varsity.

GB5Hoops

We actually worked out the 7 footer from baptist on Friday! I think we got him! We also worked out the 6'4 Kaevon kid from Bryant. Really wanting to get him as well!

We are meeting today and working out a date to look at the shooting guard from Sheridan, and I think that will be our last work out before finalizing our team!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas