• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discuss the Round 6/7 games in the 5A West (Jan 28/Jan31) here

Started by sevenof400, January 26, 2014, 10:30:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoneBuster

ZoneBuster

oldtimeeagle

Go Postal

GOBS 38
DDOGS 38

Half.

Gob freshman Atwell put up 9 points in 2nd quarter.  He was 3 of 4 in the field and one 3.  His 1st Varsity game.

ZoneBuster

Great game in Harrison. Both teams playing well getting up and down the court and hitting big 3s.

In shock of freshman performance right now. Adds a much needed and different dynamic to Gobs.

Go Postal

Vilonia 48
Shiloh 41

end of 3rd.
(via text from sevenof400)

oldtimeeagle

oldtimeeagle

oldtimeeagle

Go Postal

Devil Dogs 58
Golden Goblins 52

end of 3rd.

Devil Dogs 71
Golden Goblins 65

Final.

Gobs need to make those 3s and FTs.  Also fix those 12 turnovers.

One of the best games that I have seen.  Congrats to Morrilton.  Heck of a game.  Great job by the GOBS 9th grader in his 1st Varsity game.

oldtimeeagle

Anybody heard scores from both games between Greenbrier and Alma?

sevenof400

From AT via text:

Alma 64 Greenbrier 53 (girls)

Greenbrier boys have won by 10.

AT

Actually 9, my bad seven

Boys
Greenbrier 67
Alma 58

FINAL

Greenbrier is a good team. Alma played tough in the 4th quarter when it looked grim. Have to win some tough games coming up.

The fight for 3rd and 4th is going to be something to see.

AT

Also, great win for the girls. Right in the thick of things for the playoffs.

Fballfan05

Morrilton wins again and sweeps the first half of the conference schedule! Everybody but Clarksville is going to continue to have troubles with Motowns athleticism, they are better than people thought

ZoneBuster

Athleticism didn't jump out at me as much as their ability to knock down tough 3 balls. Didn't expect that. They will be a very tough out.

Go Postal

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 31, 2014, 09:24:39 pm
The fight for 3rd and 4th is going to be something to see.
Heck yes.  For midseason, I have...
Harrison 4-3 lost to Alma (by 4 :o ), Clarksville (by 12) and Morrilton (by 6)
Alma 4-3 lost to Clarksville (by 24), Morrilton (by 9 ?) and Greenbrier (by 9)
Greenbrier 3-4 lost to Clarksville (by 30), Harrison (by 6), Morrilton (by 4  :o ) and Vilonia (by 3)
Vilonia 3-4 lost to Harrison (by 16), Morrilton (by 14), Clarksville (by 4 :o ) and Alma (by 15)

"This is another fine mess that you got my into" (Typical 5A West)

Quote from: Fballfan05 on January 31, 2014, 09:42:52 pm
Morrilton wins again and sweeps the first half of the conference schedule! Everybody but Clarksville is going to continue to have troubles with Motowns athleticism, they are better than people thought
I have always thought that Morrilton has great athletes in all sports.  Nice win on the football State Champs and in the first half of the Basketball West conference.  Fantastic!  I'm with you.  Great win tonight, Devil Dogs!  Talk all of the smack that you want, but don't get too cocky because the Basketball season is just half over.  Then Basketball playoffs and then Spring sports. ;)

AT

Harrison isn't in the same league as Morrilton and Clarksville

Go Postal

AT

Right now, its:

Tier 1
Morrilton
Clarksville

Tier 2
Alma
Harrison
Greenbrier
Vilonia

Tier 3
Huntsville
Shiloh

Go Postal

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 31, 2014, 10:26:44 pm
This could be true.  We are on the level as Alma, maybe a little better.  We lost to Clarksville by 12 and Morrilton by 6.  Airedales did beat the Goblins by 4, but lost to Clarksville by 24 and Morrilton by 9.

AT

Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 10:35:15 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 31, 2014, 10:26:44 pm

you have no idea the upgrade the Goblins got this week. Think a high school version of Kevin Love.

You're still posting some crazy things. You just posted to mark it down that Harrison and Morrilton will meet at state?!

Heck Harrison is still fighting to make the playoffs. A 9th grader having a good quarter isn't going to convince me that Harrison has improved leaps and bounds.

AT

Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 10:38:00 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 31, 2014, 10:33:46 pm
Right now, its:

Tier 1
Morrilton
Clarksville
Harrison

Tier 2
Alma
Harrison
Greenbrier
Vilonia

Tier 3
Huntsville
Shiloh
Alma
Vilonia

Tier 4
Shiloh
Huntsville

Fixt

Standings as of now:

1. Morrilton
2. Clarksville
3. Alma
3. Harrison (technically 4 because of head-to-head, but that will work itself out)
5. Vilonia
5. Greenbrier
7. Huntsville
8. SC

Harrison gets to travel to Vilonia next Friday and then eventually travel to Clarksville and Morrilton.

Also get to host an Alma team that beat them earlier in the year.

You might be overreacting just a tad to a 6 point loss at home.

Titan Spirit

5A seems to be wide open this year.
Forrest City  - Clarksville - Morrilton- Jacksonville - McClellan
That would be my top tier with
Harrison - Chapel - PA
Just a step behind

ahsalum

Right now, its:

Tier 1
Morrilton
Clarksville
Harrison

Tier 2
Alma
Harrison
Greenbrier
Vilonia

Tier 3
Huntsville
Shiloh
Alma
Vilonia

Tier 4
Shiloh
Huntsville

Fixt

Hmmm....drinking and posting again.....

Go Postal

Right now, its:

Tier 1
Morrilton
Clarksville

Tier 2
Alma
Harrison
Greenbrier
Vilonia

Tier 3
Huntsville
Shiloh
Getting back to basics.  Alma holds the H2H against Harrison and Vilonia.  Greenbrier holds the H2H against Alma.  Vilonia holds the H2H against Greenbrier.  Harrison holds the H2H against Greenbrier and Vilonia.  All four teams need to win and make the points diff for at least 3rd or 4th.  I got Harrison with 36, Greenbrier with 26, Alma with 19 and Vilonia with 17 points difference at half conference season.

Go Postal

Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 10:51:42 pm
Quote from: Titan Spirit on January 31, 2014, 10:41:51 pm
5A seems to be wide open this year.
Forrest City  - Clarksville - Morrilton- Jacksonville - McClellan
That would be my top tier with
Harrison - Chapel - PA - Greenbrier\Alma
Just a step behind
But watch out for Vilonia next year.

this is pretty close to reality. 5A State will be a battle. All of these teams have a legit shot. I don't see anyone else challenging. Greenbrier a darkhorse though.

Rockhounds x2

Hackerhog has hit the grapes way too hard tonight!
The 9th grader played a very good game! The question is how will the addition affect this teams chemistry? The gobs play Villonia  Greenbrier Clarksville and Morrilton on the road, and Alma is coached very well these could very easily be losses! We definatly peaked a month ago hopefully they can right the ship!

ahsalum

Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 10:53:42 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on January 31, 2014, 10:46:24 pm
Right now, its:

Tier 1
Morrilton
Clarksville
Harrison

Tier 2
Alma
Harrison
Greenbrier
Vilonia

Tier 3
Huntsville
Shiloh
Alma
Vilonia

Tier 4
Shiloh
Huntsville

Fixt

We need to have another all-nighter at Alma this year like we had at Pine Bluff last year. Did you ever find your keys?

H e l l   No.

BTW....U of Texas  women has the hottest anchor leg of the Distance medley relay I've ever seen.....jus  sayin

AT

Quote from: Steve Perry on January 31, 2014, 11:13:05 pm
Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 10:53:42 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on January 31, 2014, 10:46:24 pm
Right now, its:

Tier 1
Morrilton
Clarksville
Harrison

Tier 2
Alma
Harrison
Greenbrier
Vilonia

Tier 3
Huntsville
Shiloh
Alma
Vilonia

Tier 4
Shiloh
Huntsville

Fixt

We need to have another all-nighter at Alma this year like we had at Pine Bluff last year. Did you ever find your keys?

H e l l   No.

BTW....U of Texas  women has the hottest anchor leg of the Distance medley relay I've ever seen.....jus  sayin

Is that where you were tonight? I'm going up tomorrow.

ZoneBuster

Now RH2... I mentioned the tough road games in the second half about a week ago on here and you scolded me ;)

Going to be a great second half for sure. Would love to see the Clarksville morrilton game!

Rockhounds x2

ZoneBuster:
Now RH2... I mentioned the tough road games in the second half about a week ago on here and you scolded me ;)

Going to be a great second half for sure. Would love to see the Clarksville morrilton game!

That was before we held tryouts from 5th-9th grades!
Bringing a player up this time of year can make a team stronger and better or it can tear them apart! 3 players that had been playing roles never seen the court tonight!
Time will tell if this was a smart move!

Sorry for scolding you! Lol

Hawgfan1234

ZoneBuster

Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 11:23:02 pm
Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 31, 2014, 11:16:58 pm

After seeing Morrilton, I see why they are a bad matchup for Clarksville. Clarksville has that kid in the middle that denies buckets. That's no problem for Morrilton because they just absolutely stroke it from outside. That and the Morrilton depth.

I was underwhelmed by Clarksville offensively, and very impressed with morrilron. Yes, just one game, but my thoughts. Either team can make a deep run!

As for Harrison, the biggest thing will be team chemistry. They have a tough road ahead and need to be together. Can't have individual interests in mind.

And I will agree with hacker. For 30 minutes, this looked like the good Harrison squad from earlier in the year. Mo town just hit a couple more clutch shots that most don't in the spookhouse.

ZoneBuster

godeep

Forrest City is keeping a close eye with what's happening in the West. No doubt they would rather have Harrison than Alma @ Alma in the 1st round. Either way it will be tough.

sevenof400

Quote from: HackerHog on January 31, 2014, 11:59:18 pm
Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 31, 2014, 11:45:53 pm
Quote from: Hawgfan1234 on January 31, 2014, 11:25:34 pm
How was Harrison's students tonight?

Divided. I'll let hacker tackle that issue... Haha

ugh. fighting factions. Gob Mafia usurped the baseball team. Not a good deal. Gob Mafia needs to know their role and back off. Not a good deal. This loss to Morrilton fell squarely on the Gob Mafia. No question.

Has it come to the point where we need a program to keep up with who is who in Harrison?

redvino8

It's going to be tough for Harrison to get the 4 seed if you look at their remaining schedule unbiased. At Morrilton, at Greenbrier, At Vilonia, and at Clarksville?..

Oh and Alma at the spook house won't be a cake walk..

Doggone

That freshman for Harrison was impressive. He's going to be a beast when he gets done filling out.
Does he play football too? If so what positions?

ZoneBuster

Rockhounds x2

rjrose

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on January 31, 2014, 11:21:28 pm
ZoneBuster:

Bringing a player up this time of year can make a team stronger and better or it can tear them apart! 3 players that had been playing roles never seen the court tonight!

Really, 5th thru 9th.  That's about the most ridiculous statement I ever heard.  Little over exaggeration if I've ever seen one.  Personally, I would go all the way to the 5th grade to get players if I thought it would help my team.  If it hurts team chemistry then the problem is you have kids that don't care about winning but about their playing time and points.  If your a winner you just want to have the best team you can and if you aren't one of the best then work harder.  That's what real competitors do.  They just work harder.  Selfish players whine and say it's not fair.  Well life isn't fair.  People need to support the move or just get out of the way.  This is about winning and not kids or parents feelings.  In life you have to compete to reach goals.  If you don't want to compete then you end up in the soup lines.  Unfortunately, some that do compete still end up in the soup lines.  Working hard and trying doesn't guarantee you a spot or a job.  That's life.  So if there are team chemistry problems then this group of kids aren't near the type kids I thought they were.  I think the team chemistry will be fine.  If not then a senior in the locker room needs to get it fixed.  If this had happened last year it would have been accepted and if anyone disagreed there was one senior that would have dealt with them for sure and I'm not talking about my son.  They had a leader on that team.  Team chemistry issues are for losers and whiners, not for winners.

Doc Holliday

RHX2 i swear babes and whines more than my 3rd Ex wife!!! He is a coaches absolute Nightmare!!! Who cares if we brought up a freshman, last time i checked RhX2 boys were 5'8" and dont play in the paint and if he thinks they should play inside instead of bringing up a 6'5" future three year starter he's a bigger idiot than i thought!! its a simple truth....there very average 5'8" high school players whos dad is the third in line as being the melanoma of goblin sports only behind Lockerroom buddy and elvishoggoblin!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

AT

I've decided as Alma fans, we need to argue more amongst each other like Harrison does every year.

Basketball

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 02, 2014, 06:10:36 pm
I've decided as Alma fans, we need to argue more amongst each other like Harrison does every year.
They are great entertainers!  They have their own Harrison Haters right there in town.

sevenof400

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 02, 2014, 06:10:36 pm

...especially since us Vilonia fans are not providing the entertainment value we once did....

Rockhounds x2

February 02, 2014, 08:13:03 pm #99 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:09:10 pm by Rockhounds x2
rjrose:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on January 31, 2014, 11:21:28 pm ---ZoneBuster:

--- End quote ---
Really, 5th thru 9th.  That's about the most ridiculous statement I ever heard.  Little over exaggeration if I've ever seen one.  Personally, I would go all the way to the 5th grade to get players if I thought it would help my team.  If it hurts team chemistry then the problem is you have kids that don't care about winning but about their playing time and points.  If your a winner you just want to have the best team you can and if you aren't one of the best then work harder.  That's what real competitors do.  They just work harder.  Selfish players whine and say it's not fair.  Well life isn't fair.  People need to support the move or just get out of the way.  This is about winning and not kids or parents feelings.  In life you have to compete to reach goals.  If you don't want to compete then you end up in the soup lines.  Unfortunately, some that do compete still end up in the soup lines.  Working hard and trying doesn't guarantee you a spot or a job.  That's life.  So if there are team chemistry problems then this group of kids aren't near the type kids I thought they were.  I think the team chemistry will be fine.  If not then a senior in the locker room needs to get it fixed.  If this had happened last year it would have been accepted and if anyone disagreed there was one senior that would have dealt with them for sure and I'm not talking about my son.  They had a leader on that team.  Team chemistry issues are for losers and whiners, not for winners.

Let's get this clear once and for all:

A) Doc Holliday I think I speak for 95% of Harrison no one gives a rats A.S.S what you think! I may make a stupid post now and then but I'm not a Chicken S.H.I.T and hide behind a picture and talk about others! If anyone has a problem with me they know who I am. And I'm not hard to find.

B) yes RJ it was a major over exaggeration! So much of one I thought no one in there right mind would take it seriously!This has nothing to do with winners or losers! It's about the facts, my two as I am are fine with the decision to play the kid and it's not about him either! My statement after the Over exaggeration was a fact 3 players who have been playing  did not see the floor that's not whining it's an observation that 3 kids were probably disappointed which can affect chemistry one of my two hasn't played for 4/5 games now anyway and he has no problem with working harder! You show me any kid that tells you he doesn't want to play just show up for practice and run and I will show you a liar! Every kid wants to play plain and simple it's a fact! Another fact is anytime something different or out of the ordinary happens it changes the chemistry amongst the players in the locker room. And moving a player up from the 9th grade who hasn't practiced with the team one time and I'd classify that as out of the ordinary! That's the point I was making this may go smooth or it may cause a blowup! I hope it works out smoothly but it may not!Does the kid need to be playing varsity Absolutely! Had this happened before the season started it's not out of the ordinary and no big deal!
And RJ you want to talk about a soup line? Most all of these players careers as basketball players will end in the next couple of years and let me assure you nothing they do on a basketball court will keep them in or out of a soup line! And I could follow that up with an example but I choose not to,that may be the dumbest thing I've heard from you as well! Basketball is a sport it's not life or death it will not define any of these kids adult careers! There are several kids with state titles that wind up in soup lines! There's a reason student athlete starts with the word student and believe it or not I don't mean to burst your bubble that's the most important of the 2!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas