• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Season Rankings for Each Division/Conference

Started by Mulerider4Life, April 26, 2018, 12:59:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

4A-1
1. Shiloh Christian
2. Prairie Grove
3. Pea Ridge
4. Lincoln
5. Gravette
6. Gentry
7. Green Forest
8. Berryville

4A-2

1. CAC
2. Bald Knob
3. Heber Springs
4. Lonoke
5. LR Mills
6. Riverview
7. Stuttgart
8. Southside-Batesville

4A-3

1.Rivercrest
2.Brookland
3.Pocahontas
4.Highland
5.Gosnell
6.Trumann
7.Jonesboro Westside
8.Cave City

4A-4

1.Mena
2.Ozark
3.Elkins
4.Dover
5.Dardanelle
6.Waldron
7.Pottsvile
8. Subiaco Academy

4A-7

1.Arkadephia
2.Nasvhille
3.Pulaski Robinson
4.Ashdown
5.Fountain Lake
6.Bauxite
7.Malvern
8.Haskell Harmony Grove

4A-8
1.Warren
2.Crossett
3.Dumas
4.Hamburg
5.Dewitt
6.Monticello
7.Helena-West Helena
8. Star City

Other than the 4A-7 I have no idea about any other confrences. I just did this to start a talking point. Let me know what yall think!

Ghs21

4A-3
1.Gosnell
2.Rivercrest
3.pocahontas
4. Westside
5. Highland
6. Trumann
7. Brookland
8. Cave city

Gray lizard

You are going to make some folks mad.  I would say a little more time would help get a little closer.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Gray lizard on April 26, 2018, 02:54:13 pm
You are going to make some folks mad.  I would say a little more time would help get a little closer.

Haha, it is a message board.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ghs21 on April 26, 2018, 01:22:53 pm
4A-3
1.Gosnell
2.Rivercrest
3.pocahontas
4. Westside
5. Highland
6. Trumann
7. Brookland
8. Cave city
The top 3 are going to have to fight it out. It could go either way this year.

Trojanbird

In the 2-4, has Stuttgart fallen that far to only be ranked above Southside????  If that happens, their coach might be looking for a job! IMO!

x14113

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 26, 2018, 12:59:44 pm

4A-4

1.Mena
2.Ozark
3.Elkins
4.Dover
5.Dardanelle
6.Waldron
7.Pottsvile
8. Subiaco Academy

The Apaches return way too much to fall all the way to 7th.

Dardy at 5th is possible since they lose their top three players, but they still have a highly-touted core of juniors to keep an eye on. Don't be surprised if they finish on top.

Mena is a bit of a wild card, but should be a playoff team regardless.

Elkins could be shaky after losing their HC.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: x14113 on April 26, 2018, 07:09:29 pm
The Apaches return way too much to fall all the way to 7th.

Dardy at 5th is possible since they lose their top three players, but they still have a highly-touted core of juniors to keep an eye on. Don't be surprised if they finish on top.

Mena is a bit of a wild card, but should be a playoff team regardless.

Elkins could be shaky after losing their HC.

I just randomly picked these as well.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 26, 2018, 12:59:44 pm
4A-1
1. Shiloh Christian
2. Prairie Grove
3. Pea Ridge
4. Lincoln
5. Gravette
6. Gentry
7. Green Forest
8. Berryville

4A-2

1. CAC
2. Bald Knob
3. Heber Springs
4. Lonoke
5. LR Mills
6. Riverview
7. Stuttgart
8. Southside-Batesville

4A-3

1.Rivercrest
2.Brookland
3.Pocahontas
4.Highland
5.Gosnell
6.Trumann
7.Jonesboro Westside
8.Cave City

4A-4

1.Mena
2.Ozark
3.Elkins
4.Dover
5.Dardanelle
6.Waldron
7.Pottsvile
8. Subiaco Academy

4A-7

1.Arkadephia
2.Nasvhille
3.Pulaski Robinson
4.Ashdown
5.Fountain Lake
6.Bauxite
7.Malvern
8.Haskell Harmony Grove

4A-8
1.Warren
2.Crossett
3.Dumas
4.Hamburg
5.Dewitt
6.Monticello
7.Helena-West Helena
8. Star City

Other than the 4A-7 I have no idea about any other confrences. I just did this to start a talking point. Let me know what yall think!
Very doubtful. Never even been to the playoffs.

BigGuy22

4A-1
1. Pea Ridge
2. Shiloh
3. Prairie Grove
4. Gravette
5. Lincoln
6. Gentry
7. Green Forest
8. Berryville

Pea Ridge is gonna surprise people this year. I've seen a couple of their spring practices so far and their offense and defense both look really good. Their offense in particular looked very good. The defense is expected to be very good as well

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: BigGuy22 on April 27, 2018, 09:22:04 am
4A-1
1. Pea Ridge
2. Shiloh
3. Prairie Grove
4. Gravette
5. Lincoln
6. Gentry
7. Green Forest
8. Berryville

Pea Ridge is gonna surprise people this year. I've seen a couple of their spring practices so far and their offense and defense both look really good. Their offense in particular looked very good. The defense is expected to be very good as well

I would say Gravette/Prairie grove could duke it out for 3rd.

Gray lizard

4-4A
This will be a year of unknowns.  I figure there will be a stand out team just not sure which one it will be.  With the coaching change at Elkins that adds another unknown to a team I know nothing about.
The first 4 could go in about any order.

1. Ozark
2. Dardanelle
3. Pottsville
4. Mena
5. Waldron
6. Elkins
7. Dover
8. Subiaco

bulldoghistorian

4A-8
1) Warren
2) Dumas
3) Hamburg
4) Monti
5) Star City
6) Crossett
7) Helena
8) DeWitt

Jimbo Morphis

Man I remember when Star City was always #1 this time of year.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Oldman on April 27, 2018, 12:57:56 pm
Man I remember when Star City was always #1 this time of year.
Ikr! Lol! Honestly, it could be years before we're back to those expectations again!
The big question now is can we get back to the postseason?!

Warriorfan21

4A-3
1.Pocahontas
2.Gosnell
3.Westside
4. Rivercrest
5. Brookland
6. Truman
7. Highland
8. Cave city
It's early and not sure Rivercrest will be that successful giving new coach new conference and the big leap from 3 to 4A. I also think Westside gained more then they lost this yr and are in the top three again. Brookland will be the team to prob go either way in this conference dressing out almost 75 kids. Might be wrong but who knows, it's early. Thanks for the add guys!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on May 06, 2018, 08:32:11 am
4A-3
1.Pocahontas
2.Gosnell
3.Westside
4. Rivercrest
5. Brookland
6. Truman
7. Highland
8. Cave city
It's early and not sure Rivercrest will be that successful giving new coach new conference and the big leap from 3 to 4A. I also think Westside gained more then they lost this yr and are in the top three again. Brookland will be the team to prob go either way in this conference dressing out almost 75 kids. Might be wrong but who knows, it's early. Thanks for the add guys!
this is funny

Ghs21

4A-3
1.Pocahontas
2.Gosnell
3.Westside
4. Rivercrest
5. Brookland
6. Truman
7. Highland
8. Cave city
what logic puts Pocahontas at number 1?..

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ghs21 on May 07, 2018, 06:12:14 am
what logic puts Pocahontas at number 1?..
I figure we will find out in a few months.

bigchief72455

4A-3
1.Pocahontas
2.Gosnell
3.Westside
4. Rivercrest
5. Brookland
6. Truman
7. Highland
8. Cave city
I have enjoyed the question asking as to the ranking. Here are my 2 cents on this. Pocahontas is gaining an incredibly talented sophomore class. They were undefeated in jr. high. I have watched them all 3 years. Nobody in conference those years were even close to these young men. Rivercrest hung with them in a scrimmage last year. I know there will be many with the jr. high and high school are different and yes they are. But there is no denying talent. You notice the ones that stand out those years most times stand out in high school as well. I am not going to stake claim for the #1 spot but I can say that Pocahontas will be in the hunt. RC will be a tough conference opponent. I was excited to see them come up.They have a history of being a win no matter what type of team.Loaded with talent and well coached. Gosnell will as always be tough. They like RC will play you until the final whistle. Westside. I just don't know. I think, like Trumann, last season was their biggest opportunity. Brookland. I hear every year that it will be their year. I have yet to see it come true. Trumann. Well coached but a lot of talent graduated. Highland. Still looking for answers. Cave City. It is going to be a long season.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The top 3 in the 3-4A is almost certain to be Gosnell, Pocahontas, and Rivercrest in any order. The rest of the board can go any way, but poor Cave City looks to stay cellar dwellers.

Ghs21

Gosnell brings back all there running backs and all there linemen. Only
Losing there quarterback but is replaced with a very athletic junior. But Pocahontas Gosnell rivercrest should be your top 3 don't know anything about the other teams

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ghs21 on May 07, 2018, 06:35:00 pm
Gosnell brings back all there running backs and all there linemen. Only
Losing there quarterback but is replaced with a very athletic junior. But Pocahontas Gosnell rivercrest should be your top 3 don't know anything about the other teams
Looking forward to these games. All three teams are very competitive. Should be some fun to see.

phdefense

Quote from: Trojanbird on April 26, 2018, 06:17:19 pm
In the 2-4, has Stuttgart fallen that far to only be ranked above Southside????  If that happens, their coach might be looking for a job! IMO!
I am pretty sure no thought at all was put into those rankings aside from maybe trolling. ;)

Warriorfan21

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on May 06, 2018, 09:14:05 pm
this is funny
I hope you guys have a great season and wish you the best of luck. However losing two rb and a new coach no matter if there promoted within or not and moving up to a bigger conference. You guys might be on cloud nine from winning it all in 3A still who knows. However best of luck and look forward to seeing you guys 10/19.

bigchief72455

Quote from: phdefense on May 10, 2018, 07:48:06 am
I am pretty sure no thought at all was put into those rankings aside from maybe trolling. ;)
Well he even said he knew nothing about the other conferences outside of the 4A-7.

ISU7

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on May 10, 2018, 07:59:09 am
I hope you guys have a great season and wish you the best of luck. However losing two rb and a new coach no matter if there promoted within or not and moving up to a bigger conference. You guys might be on cloud nine from winning it all in 3A still who knows. However best of luck and look forward to seeing you guys 10/19.
When it's all said and done Crest defeated the 3-4A champs and Osceola punished Pokey last season and the players we lost one was a runningback the other was the jr high qb, the leading rusher The MVP of the state title game is back and the number 1 rb is back along with a few others you haven't seen. I'm thinking 10/19 will be a W for the Colts. Good luck to the warriors.

Ghs21

Gosnell has won the 3-4a conference title the past 2 years and weren't favored to win either year and won't be favored this year either.. pretty soon they will be predicted for first lol

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on May 10, 2018, 07:59:09 am

The Colts did graduate their fullback. Both outstanding tailbacks are returning as is their QB. As far as the coach, are you kidding? Their "new" coach has been coaching football at Rivercrest since before all the players were born. He simply moved up to the Head coach slot. Same defense, same explosive style offense. But is you feel better thinking that these things and a move into (let's be honest) a conference that was awful last year will effect the Colts, then you go right ahead. Gosnell has an outside shot at beating the Colts, that's about it.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Ghs21 on May 12, 2018, 02:25:48 am
Gosnell has won the 3-4a conference title the past 2 years and weren't favored to win either year and won't be favored this year either.. pretty soon they will be predicted for first lol

Having played Gosnell, they are good. Not top 5 in the 4a but maybe top 7-10?

Ghs21

Quote from: bilboswaggins on May 13, 2018, 08:54:47 am
Having played Gosnell, they are good. Not top 5 in the 4a but maybe top 7-10?
I would say they were probably the 5th best team in 4A last season

Made

Digger#23

I'd have Bauxite 3rd or 4th in the 4A7 preseason ranks.

Ghs21

beach bum

Quote from: Ghs21 on May 13, 2018, 01:12:20 pm
Arkie, Warren Robinson pea ridge

Pea Ridge will finish 4th in their own conference let alone the whole 4A in 2018 though....

ISU7

4A-3
1.Pocahontas
2.Gosnell
3.Westside
4. Rivercrest
5. Brookland
6. Truman
7. Highland
8. Cave city
Lol dress out 75 but only 11 at a time can play.😂😂💯

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on May 12, 2018, 09:57:34 pm
The Colts did graduate their fullback. Both outstanding tailbacks are returning as is their QB. As far as the coach, are you kidding? Their "new" coach has been coaching football at Rivercrest since before all the players were born. He simply moved up to the Head coach slot. Same defense, same explosive style offense. But is you feel better thinking that these things and a move into (let's be honest) a conference that was awful last year will effect the Colts, then you go right ahead. Gosnell has an outside shot at beating the Colts, that's about it.
I guess we will all see. A lot can happen between today and August. And a whole lot more can happen by November.

Ghs21

Quote from: beach bum on May 13, 2018, 11:14:45 pm
Pea Ridge will finish 4th in their own conference let alone the whole 4A in 2018 though....
this was last season I was talking about this season

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ISU7 on May 12, 2018, 01:33:33 am
When it's all said and done Crest defeated the 3-4A champs and Osceola punished Pokey last season and the players we lost one was a runningback the other was the jr high qb, the leading rusher The MVP of the state title game is back and the number 1 rb is back along with a few others you haven't seen. I'm thinking 10/19 will be a W for the Colts. Good luck to the warriors.

And still lost to Newport.

bigchief72455

OB11

Not sure if it will have much of an impact, but Waymire at Trumann has been named the AD at Jacksonville.

bigchief72455

Quote from: OB11 on May 16, 2018, 09:13:25 am
Not sure if it will have much of an impact, but Waymire at Trumann has been named the AD at Jacksonville.
When did that happen?

Nomad1324

bigchief72455

Quote from: Nomad1324 on May 16, 2018, 01:10:45 pm
Last night if I heard correctly.
Wow. Should be interesting to see where Trumann goes from here.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: OB11 on May 16, 2018, 09:13:25 am
If it did happen then Trumann will go back down to where it was before Waymire got there. He saved the program and made the Wildcats a good team. Just will be interesting to see who would take over, and if they continue the Double Wing

ISU7

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on May 14, 2018, 08:26:18 am
I guess we will all see. A lot can happen between today and August. And a whole lot more can happen by November.
At least you hope so lol

bigchief72455

Quote from: ISU7 on May 21, 2018, 07:56:20 pm
At least you hope so lol
No. I hope we come into your house with you are at full capacity. Beat you and leave.

ArkansasSportsFan

3-4a

1-3 Could go in any order but 1. Rivercrest 2. Gosnell  3.Pocahontas

4-7 Could go any order but 4. Westside 5. Brookland 6. Trumann 7. Highland

8. Cave City

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas