• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO WILL NOW WIN IT ALL (Girls)?

Started by Mr. Trill, March 04, 2018, 01:05:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will now win it all? (Girls)

Earle
14 (31.8%)
Quitman
30 (68.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: March 09, 2018, 01:05:18 am

Mr. Trill

March 04, 2018, 01:05:18 am Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:07:08 am by Mr. Trill
No rankings, no bashing, no none of that, shut up and say who u got winning it all? My prediction since the beginning of State tournament was all of Earle against Quitman and Marked Tree, who will win it all? Quitman is the team to beat, but instead of EARle having a Lebron (Ro) they now have a (Kyrie) which is the Freshman, choose wisely.

girlsbbfanatic

I think Earle will take it this year.

Thesportsman

I've seen them all play and Earle girls have a good team but in my  opinion if Quitman girls actually show up and play they will repeat and win the title again. Quitman girls have one of the best coaches in the state and has been winning state titles in  Cross country ,Track and basketball.  Proof is in the Pudding !   Great coach and great girls = state title

Butch_Cassidy

If it comes down to Coaching Im going with Coach Garrett from Earle.  He knows his X's and O's and he gets the best out of his girls.  Garrett goes beyond the measure of a coach to take care of his players as if they where his own kids.  I can promise you this he won't be out coached.

Cheek

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on March 04, 2018, 08:06:57 pm
If it comes down to Coaching Im going with Coach Garrett from Earle.  He knows his X's and O's and he gets the best out of his girls.  Garrett goes beyond the measure of a coach to take care of his players as if they where his own kids.  I can promise you this he won't be out coached.

That is when I call BS.  Coach Hooten has forgotten more than Garrett will ever know.  Coach Hootenanny has won everywhere he has been, and with much less talent than Earle.

Thesportsman

I'm so sorry Mr.Butch but I'm gonna have to say Coach Hooten from Quitman has something most coaches don't have. I know, I know he may scream a little on the floor and he may NOT pack the girls lunches and pet them  like some of the other real nice coaches but .... He has the  ability to gain respect from players and the  charisma that it takes to get a little extra out of someone and that's a  trait that not every coach  possesses !  Plus he  definitely knows his Xs and Os         Back to back State champions in cross country and last year state champions in basketball and Track.    3 State champions in one school year,,, now that's crazy coaching!!   

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: Cheek on March 04, 2018, 08:33:47 pm
That is when I call BS.  Coach Hooten has forgotten more than Garrett will ever know.  Coach Hootenanny has won everywhere he has been, and with much less talent than Earle.
You can call it WHAT EVER THE F... You want to but just because he has been around since naismith created the game doesnt mean that he is the better coach...We will see Thursday but I can without a doubt say that Garrett will have his team ready to play and with a quote and quote less disciplined team... Because at this stage of the game Coaches had to do some coaching and make some great adjustments to get here. And the players had to show up to play.

ISU7

Quitman girls 🏆
Earle boys 🏆
both repeat
Actually 3peat for Earle boys.
Good luck too all.

FromTheBench

I think Garrett was out-coached by Hooten last year in semis. He was also awarded the overall coach of the year award. They don't just give those out to coaches who's teams had a little talent that year.

ak58

Are the Hooten girls on the team his daughters or nieces or cousins?

ballislife42

Quote from: ak58 on March 05, 2018, 09:35:14 am
Are the Hooten girls on the team his daughters or nieces or cousins?

Number 13 is a senior and his daughter, Rieley. Number 32 is a junior and his niece, Nicki.

ak58

I enjoyed watching them. Both are really hardworking.  #13 really got after it and played like a boy! Haha (that's a good thing)

PositiveBro4Life

Quote from: ISU7 on March 05, 2018, 02:47:26 am
Quitman girls 🏆
Earle boys 🏆
both repeat
Actually 3peat for Earle boys.
Good luck too all.
All I can say is Quitman better pack those zebras they had last year. Oh, I forgot it's in Hot Springs. It's funny how people feel our girls will lose. I think AAA should make 3A school and up host the post season. Our girls & boys will be going for the sweep of the Ship. Last year it was a lady from Carlisle watching the game in Quitman said. Geesh! They giving them all the call. Went there for the district tourney. Guess what? They did the same thing, getting all the calls. Come regional we got back, and now it's Quitman time and payback is a mutha!

FromTheBench

Quote from: PositiveBro4Life on March 05, 2018, 12:41:55 pm
All I can say is Quitman better pack those zebras they had last year. Oh, I forgot it's in Hot Springs. It's funny how people feel our girls will lose. I think AAA should make 3A school and up host the post season. Our girls & boys will be going for the sweep of the Ship. Last year it was a lady from Carlisle watching the game in Quitman said. Geesh! They giving them all the call. Went there for the district tourney. Guess what? They did the same thing, getting all the calls. Come regional we got back, and now it's Quitman time and payback is a mutha!

I had a hard time comprehending this post

brown2010

Ctucker

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 05, 2018, 08:39:20 am
I think Garrett was out-coached by Hooten last year in semis. He was also awarded the overall coach of the year award. They don't just give those out to coaches who's teams had a little talent that year.
No home court advantage in hot springs.... Last year the game was in quitman and they got every call possible heck even our cheerleaders fouled out or had fouls called on them

Thesportsman

Mr Butch,
I was at that game and the majority of the bad call benefited Earle like the time at the final minutes of the game and your coach called time out and the only problem was Earle didn't have anymore time outs left and under normal conditions a technical foul would be called   You know like the technical fouled that was issued against Clarendon last week.  That didn't happen they just give your coach a warning ! So please Mr Butch let's not go down that road because it's all up hill for you!

Butch_Cassidy

Im telling you that let that big girl in the post elbow and clear a path everytime she got the ball ran over a guard running to the goal and they called a block whatever...just know Thursday that the best team and coach will win.... Lets go Bulldogs....... Earle Lady bulldogs

Thesportsman

Mr Butch
You really don't believe that last post. You are just grasping for anything and your right the Bulldogs are gonna win the game Thursday. It's just gonna be the Quitman Bulldogs!    By the way Mr Butch I don't have a Dog in the fight ! 
I'm just very observant!

TELL IT LIKE IT IS === SOMETIMES ITS PAINFUL. Mr Butch

Rackjack74

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on March 05, 2018, 06:12:07 pm
No home court advantage in hot springs.... Last year the game was in quitman and they got every call possible heck even our cheerleaders fouled out or had fouls called on them

Sounds to me like a case of sour grapes...you'd look much more credible if you blamed sun spots or unusually high lunar activity for your loss last year. The refs were in Quitman's corner so much that no T was issued for calling a time out that Earle didn't have. You were outplayed and lost. If Quitman does lose I bet there won't be excuses. It's a matter of who shows up and plays the best. Truth be known these two teams are so even that anyone can win on any given night.

Thesportsman

Quote from: Rackjack74 on March 05, 2018, 07:41:38 pm
Sounds to me like a case of sour grapes...you'd look much more credible if you blamed sun spots or unusually high lunar activity for your loss last year. The refs were in Quitman's corner so much that no T was issued for calling a time out that Earle didn't have. You were outplayed and lost. If Quitman does lose I bet there won't be excuses. It's a matter of who shows up and plays the best. Truth be known these two teams are so even that anyone can win on any given night.
[/quote Now that's the sprit of a true basketball statesman !  No blaming the Refs or the hosting team of the tournament   Just telling it like it is !!!  Keep preaching Rackjack74 keep preaching!!!!!

Thesportsman

Mr Butch
I've got some Sun glasses if you need to borrow them for the game.  Just in case there is a solar eclipse during the game or as Rackjack74 said a unusually high lunar activity!   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Rackjack74 on March 05, 2018, 07:41:38 pm

I don't care who wins, who got cheated or whatever. I would just like to know how the teams are evenly matched? One plays 900m.p.h., the other plays physically. Both are great team's, but they are on opposite ends of the basketball spectrum. Both are good at what they do.

Rackjack74

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 05, 2018, 08:08:30 pm
I don't care who wins, who got cheated or whatever. I would just like to know how the teams are evenly matched? One plays 900m.p.h., the other plays physically. Both are great team's, but they are on opposite ends of the basketball spectrum. Both are good at what they do.

Don't have to play the same style of ball to be evenly matched...two separate things. I might be wrong but I see it as a coin toss day in/day out.

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 05, 2018, 08:08:30 pm
I agree with you pick. They are not evenly matched

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on March 05, 2018, 06:12:07 pm
You lost last year get over it and refs had nothing to do with it. You got beat by 5 points.  Our Sr Guard didn't let your star player do anything she wanted.  Also Quitman beat everybody in 2A that got thrown in front of them and won the Championship. Just because your an Earle Supporter and (I take nothing away from Their Boys or Girls Program because they are exceptionally good year  in year out). Dont come on here making false statements that the refs won because it was a great game between Earle and Quitman last year we just wound up on top.  Sour grapes doesn't give you the right to take away from our Small School with no History of winning A state Championship winning their first last year and yours not winning. Just like this year no home court advantage as you say, and our  so called "Quitman Refs" and we still made it to the Final Game! Just enjoy the fact you have a rematch for all the marbles and appreciate all the teams accomplishments of both teams and watch it get decided on the court. Best team win on that day and game. I get really tired of blaming the refs cause honestly the officiating in any sport football basketball etc is less than spectacular.  Lets not make it any more than just a game of basketball played by kids!

Thesportsman

Mr Butch
I think you may be getting it all worked out!

Ricky Bobbys Big Sock

Flobbito

It is tiresome to read all of the comments constantly complaining about officiating; it's not just on this thread, it's on all the boards.  Blaming a loss on officiating is poor form, it appears petty to everyone without a dog in the hunt, and if your team is really that good they don't need officials to decide the game for them.  Period.  I've seen Quitman play the last two years and they are  very good.  It seems that Earl is very good too, it should be a great game.  May the best team win.

Rackjack74

Quote from: Flobbito on March 06, 2018, 04:04:54 pm
It is tiresome to read all of the comments constantly complaining about officiating; it's not just on this thread, it's on all the boards.  Blaming a loss on officiating is poor form, it appears petty to everyone without a dog in the hunt, and if your team is really that good they don't need officials to decide the game for them.  Period.  I've seen Quitman play the last two years and they are  very good.  It seems that Earl is very good too, it should be a great game.  May the best team win.

Sums it all up right there!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Flobbito on March 06, 2018, 04:04:54 pm

It may be tiresome, and it may even be petty, BUT if you honestly do not think the refs can change the outcome of a game, you haven't watched enough. Lol! I'm not referring to any team specifically, but I've seen the outcome altered by the refs trying to prove they are the ones with the power.

I've also witnessed some horrific attempts at reffing a game, not ryhme or reason to the calling at all. What's a foul one minute, may not be the next, and not even be favored for one team. Just totally inconsistent.

Now I thought the state tournament games each crew of refs called the games a little different, BUT I thought each crew was consistent all week with How they called. So at least you could adjust. And I.M.O. That's all you can expect or ask for.

Flobbito

March 06, 2018, 07:36:02 pm #32 Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:03:14 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 06, 2018, 05:15:20 pm
It may be tiresome, and it may even be petty, BUT if you honestly do not think the refs can change the outcome of a game, you haven't watched enough. Lol! I'm not referring to any team specifically, but I've seen the outcome altered by the refs trying to prove they are the ones with the power.

I've also witnessed some horrific attempts at reffing a game, not ryhme or reason to the calling at all. What's a foul one minute, may not be the next, and not even be favored for one team. Just totally inconsistent.

Now I thought the state tournament games each crew of refs called the games a little different, BUT I thought each crew was consistent all week with How they called. So at least you could adjust. And I.M.O. That's all you can expect or ask for.

The complaining that the refs determined the outcome of the game to the refs actually determined the outcome of the game ratio is probably around 10:1, or less. So yeah, it does rarely happen, but not nearly as often as people complain about it. People forget about turnovers, missed free throws, bad defense, etc. that also determined the outcome of the game.  When fans have to use the refs as a scapegoat it is because they have amnesia about the other chances their team had to control the game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Flobbito on March 06, 2018, 07:36:02 pm
The complaining that the refs determined the outcome of the game to the refs actually determined the outcome of the game ratio is probably around 10:1, or less. So yeah, it does rarely happen, but not nearly as often as people complain about it. People forget about turnovers, missed free throws, bad defense, etc. that also determined the outcome of the game.  When fans have to use the refs as a scapegoat it is because they have amnesia about the other chancea their team had to control the game.

Yes the complaining does out weigh the actual bad refs, but it does happen. Lol

Thesportsman

Where oh where is Mr Butch ?????
He started all this mess yesterday about Quitman hauling the Zebras and all the bad calling the refs had done toward Earles baby girls and how much better his coach was cause he packed the girls lunch for the game and  when the grease gets hot in the kitchen (hot enough to fry chicken) he all of a sudden disappears and goes into hiding!

Everyone gets a bad call but I wouldn't trade jobs with any referee no matter how bad the calling is !!   Take it like a man  Mr Butch. Take like a man!!!!!!!

Shack106

(Hot enough to fry chicken)? Well put some chicken on since the grease is hot. What's the address to your trailer? I'll bring the bud light. Let's  get together and have a Pow wow

Shack106

On second thought, don't drop the chicken just yet. I get a weird feeling you don't know how to properly season chicken. I'll season the meat when I get there. You just keep the chicken grease hot and go in there and catch up on duck dynasty. Let me do the cooking buddy. You say you're at the trailer with rebel flag out front right?

Thesportsman

You can't miss me. I'll be the guy pulling the Tralier full of Zebras  !
The American flag will be flying high and I'll be whistling god bless the USA. !!!

Shack106

March 07, 2018, 07:45:41 am #38 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:48:49 am by Shack106
A trailer full of zebras and fried chicken! I thought zebras were herbivores. I guess zebras in the good ol' USofA have the freedom to eat whatever they choose. Murica baby! Make sure you don't feed the zebras fried chicken to close to game time. We need a competent team of zebras. By the way, I hope you're not bribing the zebras with fried chicken. This game will decide who's gonna either win 2 out of 3 or back to back titles. Im hoping the zebras go unnoticed, much more than their white and black stripes allow them to in the Sahara. May the best team win.

Thesportsman

I agree   May everyone have safe travels to and from the game and good luck to both girls teams  you have both earned the right to be in the finals!

NEark tigers

Quote from: Thesportsman on March 07, 2018, 08:42:05 am
I agree   May everyone have safe travels to and from the game and good luck to both girls teams  you have both earned the right to be in the finals!
Thank you sportsman!

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: Thesportsman on March 06, 2018, 09:16:33 pm
Where oh where is Mr Butch ?????
He started all this mess yesterday about Quitman hauling the Zebras and all the bad calling the refs had done toward Earles baby girls and how much better his coach was cause he packed the girls lunch for the game and  when the grease gets hot in the kitchen (hot enough to fry chicken) he all of a sudden disappears and goes into hiding!

Everyone gets a bad call but I wouldn't trade jobs with any referee no matter how bad the calling is !!   Take it like a man  Mr Butch. Take like a man!!!!!!!
Im still here.  Your opinion is no more important than mine.  Today is game day we will see who is raising the championship trophy up at the end of the game.  IM STILL RIDING WITH THE EARLE LADY BULLDOGS!!!!!! IM STILL RIDING WITH GARRETT AS THE BETTER COACH!!!! BY THE WAY I WILL BE AT THE GAME AND AT THE END OF THE GAME I WILL BE THE GUY WITH ALL BLACK ON HOLDING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY..... BY THE WAY THAT GREASE YOU COOKING WITH COULDNT BE HOT ENOUGH TO MAKE ME RUN OR HIDE....IM A GROWN AS$ MAN ... If it aint HOT AS heck I CAN STAND IT

Mr. Trill

Thesportsman

Mr Butch
I've enjoyed the debate the last few days all in good fun. I know your with the flatlanders girls and I'm still with the mountain girls so may the best team today win!  What an incredible  accomplishment for both teams and towns !
ALL I CAN SAY IS GIRLS LEAVE IT ALL ON THE COURT!!!!

Ctucker

PositiveBro4Life

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 05, 2018, 12:54:15 pm
I had a hard time comprehending this post
Comprehend this! Down goes Quitman, the real lady Bulldogs won.

Thesportsman

I would like to yeld the floor to my good friend Mr Butch ! Congratulations on a great win and congrats to your coach and team the Earle lady bulldogs!  I enjoyed the debate and we will see you next year!

Mr Butch.  You haul the Zebras next year !!

Mr. Trill

Butch_Cassidy

I would like to apologize I said I would be the one holding a trophy..... I meant to say 2 trophies

ISU7

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2018, 07:37:16 pm
Well 30 people was wrong!
I was one of them. Congrats Earle lady bulldogs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas