• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A regional Marked Tree

Started by EarlePearl, February 17, 2018, 02:06:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Boys

Earle 64

Sloan-hendrix 23

End of 3rd

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Boys

Earle 76

Sloan-hendrix 34

Final

NEABBALLFAN03

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Girls

Marmaduke 18

Des Arc 9

End of 1st

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Girls

Marmaduke 39

Des Arc 16

Halftime

Fouls

Des Arc 15

Marmaduke 4

🤔🤔🤔

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Girls

Marmaduke 57

Des Arc 25

End of 3rd

Fouls for the game

Des Arc 19

Marmaduke 7

Has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome, but it's kinda comical.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Girls

Marmaduke 69

Des Arc 30

Final

21-9

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 21, 2018, 06:35:32 pm
Boys

Earle 76

Sloan-hendrix 34

Final
Kevon is getting his stroke back at the right time

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Boys

Marked Tree 15

Cross County 8

End of 1st

dawgs

Does Earle have the horses this year

Mr. Trill

IS Kevon the guy with the broke hand?

Mr. Trill

The first 3 quarters of MT and CC, CC scored 8 points each quarter. Last quarter just 3 points. Final MT 67 CC 27

Dogg

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 21, 2018, 07:58:55 pm
Girls

Marmaduke 57

Des Arc 25

End of 3rd

Fouls for the game

Des Arc 19

Marmaduke 7

Has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome, but it's kinda comical.
Comical?! You think the coach teaching the girls to play this way is beneficial to the game of basketball? in most cases they look like they are intentionally trying to injure players.... then when they do commit a "hard foul", they laugh about it, in some cases. You had the same complaint about the fouls being one-sided at the District Tournament last week against Carlisle. The common denominator is the team, not the refs. DA could be MUCH more competitive if they played more "under control". When you foul that much, your starters and better players suffer because it limits their playing time, which in turn, doesn't allow your best players on the floor when they are needed.
In my opinion, those girls deserve better. If you can't see that.... you need to step back and take another look.

Bildo

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 21, 2018, 05:54:53 pm
These games are ahead of schedule... LOL

Good win by Carlisle.
Thanks. Carlisle came out flat and seemed to be in a lull. Wasn't very pretty but found a way. Good luck against Salem...

birddawg1986

First time seeing Carlisle girls. I'm sure it was just a bad game coming off a big win over Earle. Carlisle looks like they have really nice team. The coach is a little high strung. Don't know much about Des Arc but they had really good size. Don't know if these and all under classmen but I think could be really good in the future.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 22, 2018, 09:43:21 am
First time seeing Carlisle girls. I'm sure it was just a bad game coming off a big win over Earle. Carlisle looks like they have really nice team. The coach is a little high strung. Don't know much about Des Arc but they had really good size. Don't know if these and all under classmen but I think could be really good in the future.

All underclassmen, starting 5 last night was 2 jrs., 1 soph, 2 freshmen.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

February 22, 2018, 09:48:26 am #117 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:30:17 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Bildo on February 22, 2018, 08:54:21 am
Comical?! You think the coach teaching the girls to play this way is beneficial to the game of basketball? in most cases they look like they are intentionally trying to injure players.... then when they do commit a "hard foul", they laugh about it, in some cases. You had the same complaint about the fouls being one-sided at the District Tournament last week against Carlisle. The common denominator is the team, not the refs. DA could be MUCH more competitive if they played more "under control". When you foul that much, your starters and better players suffer because it limits their playing time, which in turn, doesn't allow your best players on the floor when they are needed.
In my opinion, those girls deserve better. If you can't see that.... you need to step back and take another look.

In my opinion, your opinion is Carlisle bias and really doesn't mean anything.

I never said Des Arc didn't commit the fouls,  because they did, all I'm saying is, marmaduke was pushing off with their elbows most every drive.

It's the disparity of the 2 team's fouls that's the issue.

Were you even there last night Bildo?

birddawg1986

I think sometimes when you have a regional I would say 90% of the officials have worked multiple games for all the district 2 schools. So yes I think having seen these teams play and know the coaches riff raff they are more forgiving. We seen this last year at Carlisle for that regionals

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 22, 2018, 09:59:41 am
I think sometimes when you have a regional I would say 90% of the officials have worked multiple games for all the district 2 schools. So yes I think having seen these teams play and know the coaches riff raff they are more forgiving. We seen this last year at Carlisle for that regionals

I only recognized 1 of them and really not sure where I saw him before.

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 10:33:04 am
I only recognized 1 of them and really not sure where I saw him before.
Being from this area. They are all from Trumann, the Jonesboro area.

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 09:48:26 am

I never said Des Arc didn't commit the fouls,  because they did, all I'm saying is, marmaduke was pushing off with their elbows most every drive.

To answer your question... I was there for Carlisle and not the DA game.

As far as bias or opinion... I am a fact based person I will offer an opinion that is most likely supported by facts. This case is no different. DA lost their last three games. The two games they got blown out in, the fouls were lopsided. Poor coaching ... period

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 09:48:26 am

And your opinion is DA biased.  Guess you guys are even. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on February 22, 2018, 11:03:31 am
To answer your question... I was there for Carlisle and not the DA game.

As far as bias or opinion... I am a fact based person I will offer an opinion that is most likely supported by facts. This case is no different. DA lost their last three games. The two games they got blown out in, the fouls were lopsided. Poor coaching ... period

There you go, you have No idea what went on. I was there for both games. So your "facts" are really not facts, They are your assumption.

I will be there Friday night too. Come say hi.

HoopKing

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 22, 2018, 09:43:21 am
The Carlisle coach is a little high strung but he does a good job with them.  They play hard for him.

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 11:43:53 am
There you go, you have No idea what went on. I was there for both games. So your "facts" are really not facts, They are your assumption.

I will be there Friday night too. Come say hi.
Assuming what?! The FACT that your team has more fouls? Fouls are counted as statistics. Which, the last time I checked, is a fact. They have more fouls because they committed more... Oh sorry... I guess that is opinion also. Your team played a different team in a different gym with different referees and the outcome was the same. Your team fouled WAY more than the other team. DA's reputation precedes them. You don't think that DA has earned the reputation of being "physical", to put it politely? These referees talk... so do coaches, fans and players. I can assure you that more people share my view than yours when it comes to the type of play your coach condones.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on February 22, 2018, 12:53:21 pm
Assuming what?! The FACT that your team has more fouls? Fouls are counted as statistics. Which, the last time I checked, is a fact. They have more fouls because they committed more... Oh sorry... I guess that is opinion also. Your team played a different team in a different gym with different referees and the outcome was the same. Your team fouled WAY more than the other team. DA's reputation precedes them. You don't think that DA has earned the reputation of being "physical", to put it politely? These referees talk... so do coaches, fans and players. I can assure you that more people share my view than yours when it comes to the type of play your coach condones.

Again, it's an assumption. You did not see the game, so you have no facts as to how many times the other team actually fouled. Yes I know other coaches whine (like Carlisles coach) about how another team plays. It's ok though.

razorbackrob

Dirty Dirty Birds strike again!  Bildo, I wish you could show videos on here so Pick can understand what we are talking about.  No class DA!

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 01:50:01 pm
Again, it's an assumption. You did not see the game, so you have no facts as to how many times the other team actually fouled. Yes I know other coaches whine (like Carlisles coach) about how another team plays. It's ok though.
Fouls are a stat that can't be disputed... kinda like the score. That is not an opinion.... clean the earwax out. Just because you "think" there were or were not as many fouls, the records prove you different. I don't have to see the game to see what the statistics are... something you seem to struggle with.
Although I do applaud the dedication to your school/program, your hypocrisy is killing me. I would be curious to hear from any of the Marmaduke posters out there that saw the game. You seem to see the everything through rose colored glasses.... or should I say "green".

BigBob

Quote from: HoopKing on February 22, 2018, 12:42:57 pm
The Carlisle coach is a little high strung but he does a good job with them.  They play hard for him.
he is something else for sure..

EarlePearl

OMG..fouls?? Seriously. ..ok, dezzzz arc was terrible. And tonight, BIC is Terrible. Funny, EPC has gone silent..they know Brinkley may end it all for them tonight. Maybe not. Bottom line, we will be waiting on you sad cry babies in the finals...the Carlisle coach is a disgrace btw. And yes, Marmaduke lives for the flop. Their coach is the biggest tit. Looking forward to tonight's boys games. Will be there watching both! Btw, where is the lions mamma??

Bildo

Quote from: EarlePearl on February 22, 2018, 03:20:07 pm
OMG..fouls?? Seriously. ..ok, dezzzz arc was terrible. And tonight, BIC is Terrible. Funny, EPC has gone silent..they know Brinkley may end it all for them tonight. Maybe not. Bottom line, we will be waiting on you sad cry babies in the finals...the Carlisle coach is a disgrace btw. And yes, Marmaduke lives for the flop. Their coach is the biggest tit. Looking forward to tonight's boys games. Will be there watching both! Btw, where is the lions mamma??
Ain't no crybabies here... it'll be a good one Saturday night, assuming we both make it there.

bdubyab60

Aint nobody been bragging on EPC all year idiot. What hole have you been in. Plus you don't have to run your mouth to back your team.

Earle ain't winning squat this year

Bildo

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 22, 2018, 03:38:48 pm
Aint nobody been bragging on EPC all year idiot. What hole have you been in. Plus you don't have to run your mouth to back your team.

He's just on here to get under everyone's skin... he has 8 posts with 8 slaps lol!!

redrider30

Here's something from someone from Marmaduke.
Marmaduke 69 Des Arc 30
Have a nice day everyone.

Bildo

Quote from: redrider30 on February 22, 2018, 03:47:27 pm
Here's something from someone from Marmaduke.
Marmaduke 69 Des Arc 30
Have a nice day everyone.
Good one....

earle_co

I don't know about you guys, but that #21 from Marmaduke is a solid player. Heard she's good at taking charges and she's very smart with the ball. But she don't get the ball much is what I heard. Earle has begged her to move here "supposedly". It's a shame. She could go far and to places with her skill if her coach would see that. Same with #33 on Marmaduke. But I definitely think Marmaduke has A LOT of talent this year. When they are on there A-game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

My my my, the tit babies can't even joke around about anything. Geez guys do you not understand it's all in fun? Stop taking things so serious. It's not like i posted what everyone from Carlisle is actually thinking, the thought amongst the Carlisle faithful is, why the Des Arc girls basketball team is more physical than the Bison football team.  :o ;D :o ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

On a serious note, Des Arc accomplished far more than expected. We have all but one player returning. And will only have 2 or 3 Srs next year.

brown2010

Brinkley girls blowing out Sloan Hendrix

MomaLion

I'm in the gym,  where else ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Dogg

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 22, 2018, 03:38:48 pm

Dub he's not from Earle.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 04:54:58 pm
My my my, the tit babies can't even joke around about anything. Geez guys do you not understand it's all in fun? Stop taking things so serious. It's not like i posted what everyone from Carlisle is actually thinking, the thought amongst the Carlisle faithful is, why the Des Arc girls basketball team is more physical than the Bison football team.  :o ;D :o ;D

Didn't DA barely squeak by that unphysical Carlisle team last fall? 

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2018, 04:54:58 pm
Sure is funny when losers wanna talk about how good they're gonna be next year and bring up other sports they're "average" in.... especially when we're still playing and all you can do is cheer for who plays against us. Tell me... what color you gonna where tomorrow Pick? Both teams are basically black and gold?!

mtindian42

Epc 26-23 at the half over Brinkley

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on February 22, 2018, 06:03:53 pm
Sure is funny when losers wanna talk about how good they're gonna be next year and bring up other sports they're "average" in.... especially when we're still playing and all you can do is cheer for who plays against us. Tell me... what color you gonna where tomorrow Pick? Both teams are basically black and gold?!

Where did I say we were  gonna be good?  I'm just getting my excuses in order.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 22, 2018, 05:55:34 pm
Didn't DA barely squeak by that unphysical Carlisle team last fall?

But we did and we were not good., you are aware that's 5 years in a row?

brown2010

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas