• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestling

Started by 1-Adam-12, January 02, 2018, 09:54:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

Poor Becky. All of this momentum and it is stopped because of a concussion and a broken nose suffered at the hands of (shocker) Nia Jax.

Jax has a reputation for being sloppy, and it reared its ugly head again. Lynch has been removed form the Survivor Series card, and something "big" is going down on Smackdown Live tonight.

1-Adam-12

November 13, 2018, 09:37:48 pm #151 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:39:28 pm by 1-Adam-12
It has been a long time since anyone, male or female, has been more over than Becky and it's a darn shame she won't be able to compete.

I have maintained ever since Bayley lost her title shot last year because of Nia that the latter needs to go back to the Performance Center for more seasoning.  Now this.  Nia is going to get some major heat because of this.

Charlotte Flair will take Becky's place.

And that "big"?   Daniel Bryan took the WWE Championship off AJ Styles and then turned heel.  That's pretty big.

VHSCoach2

NXT TakeOver: WarGames II has come and gone, and what a show it was! Even the quick squash match to open the show was entertaining for what it was. Here is my order of enjoyment for the matches:

1) Tommaso Ciampa vs. The Velveteen Dream
2) Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano
3) WarGames
4) Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler
5) Kassius Ohno vs. Matt Riddle

Good luck to everyone on the Survivor Series card for having to follow WarGames.

VHSCoach2

Survivor Series was good show. There wasn't a bad match, per se, but man, oh man, did they screw over Smackdown or what?

Here is the order that I enjoyed the matches:

1) Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
2) Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey
3) Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
4) Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali
5) Tag Team Raw vs. Smackdown
6) AOP vs. The Bar
7) Women's Raw vs. Smackdown
8. Men's Raw vs. Smackdown

VHSCoach2

Rest in Peace to The Dynamite Kid, who passed away yesterday, and Larry "The Axe" Hennig, who passed away today.

VHSCoach2

TLC was a pretty good show last night. Here is the order that I enjoyed the matches:

1. AJ Styles vs. Daniel Bryan
2. Asuka vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
3. The Bar vs. The New Day vs. The Usos
4. Drew McIntyre vs. Finn Balor
5. Buddy Murphy vs. Cedric Alexander
6. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
7. Natalya vs. Ruby Riott
8. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio
9. Nia Jax vs. Ronda Rousey
10. Bobby Lashley vs. Elias
11. Baron Corbin vs. Braun Strowman
12. Alicia Fox and Jinder Mahal vs. Carmella and R-Truth

VHSCoach2

Lots of changes in the WWE it seems. No more GM's for either of the main shows, lots of fresh match-ups, and call-ups to boot.

Lars Sullivan, Lacey Evans, EC3, Nikki Cross, and Heavy Machinery will be on the main roster soon.

And how about Mustafa Ali? Moving up from 205 Live to be a permanent member of the Smackdown roster...AND getting a pinfall victory over the WWE Champion, Daniel Bryan, last night.

However, the McMahon Family seems to be a prominent fixture on television again. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

boogercat

I'm ready for a big change in WWE, I really feel like the writers of the company really are clueless.

Miz vs Daniel Bryan match should had turned into a bigger fued that lead all the way to WM with the WWE championship at stake in a iron man match.

Get rid of Brock Lesnar, him being champion is bad for business. Make Seth Rollins the top guy, he had a great run his first time. He can do it again, instead his with a fued with Ambrose that means nothing.

Do something with Jinder, Dolph, and Drew. Those three are being poorly used. Move those guys to Smackdown. Bray Wyatt deserves a good story and not lose all the time. He will be a perfect heel to have as a championship. Not to mention you got Braun Strowman here with this Baron Corbin crap.

WWE has a lot of talent. There's no stables that has that IT quaility that's been lacking. It can be done if people will sit back and think real hard with the story they want to show us.

jbtiger73

At least they have the women's tag team titles now

boogercat

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 27, 2018, 09:33:34 pm
At least they have the women's tag team titles now

Which is going to be a joke. They had that before and didn't last long. WWE is so title heavy. Get rid of all the two shows champions. The title that Lesnar has is a curse, get rid of it. Get rid of Lesnar. Raw is a joke without a real championship. Every time Lesnar shows up to RAW, he jumps around for 5 mins Paul run his mouth and go home. Been a long time since he had a match on RAW.

The women tag titles are going be a joke, Ronda was given the title way too soon. Having R-Truth at #30 in the Royal Rumble is going be a joke.

jbtiger73

I just think the quality of the women's wrestlers now are well above and beyond the talent from back then. Plus with all of the already made teams, (riott squad, IIconics, sasha and bayley, mandy rose and Sonya deville, ect.) With the chemistry between them all, I think it could work this time around.

boogercat

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 28, 2018, 09:04:48 pm
I just think the quality of the women's wrestlers now are well above and beyond the talent from back then. Plus with all of the already made teams, (riott squad, IIconics, sasha and bayley, mandy rose and Sonya deville, ect.) With the chemistry between them all, I think it could work this time around.

You do have a point, but what will the women's championship mean anymore? Usually the ladies don't last long in WWE. I'm very surprised how well Alicia Fox has lasted. I think she is one of the most underrated ladies in WWE.

VHSCoach2

Instead of starting a new thread for 2019, I changed the title of this thread to reflect the New Year.

First show of 2019 will be Smackdown Live tonight. I avoided spoilers for it, so hopefully it'll be good.

VHSCoach2

WWE Hall of Famer and legendary ring announcer "Mean" Gene Okerlund has passed away.

boogercat

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 02, 2019, 10:24:59 am
WWE Hall of Famer and legendary ring announcer "Mean" Gene Okerlund has passed away.

He was good, I remember watching him as a kid when he would interview Hogan at WCW. Won't be another one like him that's for sure.

jbtiger73

Also had some legendary interviews with Ric Flair. When he would say, "Mean "Wooooooo" Gene."

jbtiger73

Also was nice to read that a lot of wrestlers said that they credited him with helping them with their promo skills. Like Chris Jericho and William Regal. Just think. He knew zero about wrestling when he first started. Was asked to stand in for the original backstage interviewer when they got sick. Then was very instrumental in the formation of the NWO. I remember Nancy "Woman" Benoit would always make advances at him during his interviews with Ric Flair. A couple of interviews, I noticed he would pay her on the butt some and have his arm around her waist during the interview. Thought that was amazing. Especially since I always thought she had a nice body anyway. Mean Gene will definitely be missed.

boogercat

Royal Rumble Picks

Mandy Rose will win the womens Royal Rumble

Seth Rollins will win the Royal Rumble

Bryan will retain his title

Lesnar will retain his title

What I really would love to see is Miz win the Royal Rumble go on to face Bryan at WM that turns into a nasty fued. The fued with them last year in 2018 didn't end the way it should have. There was more to go on but the writers gave up and moved on to something else. Have Miz win at WM against Bryan for the WWE championship let him hold it for 6 months or so.

Lesnar needs to lose ro Strowman and Strowman should lose the title at WM against Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose. Rollins should be the new face of the company since Roman is out and not Lesnar he is at home sitting on his couch.

Mandy Rose should fight Ronda at WM and cheat and win the womens championship.

bleudog

VHSCoach2

jbtiger73

When I first read what you posted about mandy winning the rumble, I kinda laughed a little. But since Vince is enamored with her and is looking at her to be the be the next Trish Stratus, I figured that would be a move that he would make. Plus, given that trish had limited wrestling ability in the beginning of her career, I feel that he looks at her in that light. Besides, they did put the title on Carmella. And had her beat Charlotte twice and Auska. So I guess anything is possible. Even though I think that it's the wrong move

VHSCoach2

Kenny Omega is leaving NJPW. Let the rumors begin.

Will he sign with WWE or the new promotion that his friends, Cody and The Young Bucks, are starting, AEW?

VHSCoach2

The first Network event of the year comes to us this Saturday, as NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool airs at 1 PM. I won't be able to watch it live, as I'll be working at the UCA Men's Basketball game, but I'll watch it later on. The card that has been put together is pretty good for the first UK TakeOver, and with Triple H and co. in charge we know it'll be a good show.

-Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks

-No Disqualification Match: Dave Mastiff vs. Eddie Dennis

-Tournament Final Match to crown the inaugural NXT Tag Team Champions: James Drake and Zack Gibson vs. Moustache Mountain

-NXT UK Women's Championship Match: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Toni Storm

-NXT United Kingdom Championship Match: Pete Dunne (c) vs. Joe Coffey

jbtiger73

Seen Jericho sign with AEW at the rally in Jacksonville, Florida. Also rumored is that Goldberg is gonna sign with them as well. Could they be bigger than WWE, probably not. But with the 100% health benefits and equal pay for men and women, its definitely a viable option for those who have contracts coming up in WWE and Impact. Although I believe that somehow, AEW will have some type of relationship with Impact wrestling. Which personally I think is not a great idea. Because it makes it look like another one of the partnerships that impact has, instead of being it's own thing like how WWE is. WCW was successful because of that. The only connection that they had sorta, was with AAA to get guys like Rey, Eddie, Konnan, and others.

VHSCoach2

Just finished NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, and what a show it was! Here's the order I enjoyed the matches:

1) Joe Coffey vs. Pete Dunne
2) Grizzled Young Veterans vs. Moustache Mountain
3) Finn Balor vs. Jordan Devlin
4) Rhea Ripley vs. Toni Storm
5) Dave Mastiff vs. Eddie Dennis

...plus a debut (I will not say who for those that still need to watch)

Do yourselves a favor and watch this show.

VHSCoach2

January 25, 2019, 08:45:26 am #175 Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:17:57 am by VHSCoach2
Big weekend of shows for WWE and NXT this weekend.

NXT TakeOver: Phoenix

-Kassius Ohno vs. Matt Riddle
-NXT Tag Team Championship Match: Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong vs. War Raiders
-NXT North American Championship Match: Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano
-NXT Women's Championship Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Bianca Belair
-NXT Championship Match: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Aleister Black

Royal Rumble:
-WWE Cruiserweight Championship Fatal 4-Way Match: Buddy Murphy vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Hideo Itami vs. Kalisto
-WWE United States Championship Match: Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
-WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar vs. Shane McMahon and The Miz
-WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match: Asuka vs. Becky Lynch
-WWE Raw Women's Championship Match: Ronda Rouseyvs. Sasha Banks
-WWE Universal Championship Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Finn Balor
-WWE Championship Match: Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles
-Women's Royal Rumble Match: Carmella, Ember Moon, Natalya, Bayley, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Alicia Fox, Zelina Vega, Naomi, Mickie James, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Charlotte Flair, Tamina, Dana Brooke, Lana, Nia Jax, Nikki Cross, Alexa Bliss, Lacey Evans, and 7 other Superstars to be announced.
-Men's Royal Rumble Match: R-Truth, Drew McIntyre, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Dean Ambrose, Bobby Lashley, Samoa Joe, John Cena, Elias, Baron Corbin, Jinder Mahal, Apollo Crews, Andrade, Mustafa Ali, Rey Mysterio, Titus O'Neil, Randy Orton, and 10 other Superstars to be announced.

My guesses for the 7 women who have not been announced: Becky Lynch, Brie Bella, Maryse, Nikki Bella, Sasha Banks, Victoria, Trish Stratus...
...and the 10 men who have not been announced: Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, Pete Dunne, Killian Dain, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Mojo Rawley, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black, EC3

*My picks are in bold.

bleudog

VHSCoach2

NXT TakeOver: Phoenix was, as TakeOvers usually are, awesome. Matches in order of enjoyment for me:

1. Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet
2) The Undisputed ERA vs. War Raiders
3) Aleister Black vs. Tommaso Ciampa
4) Kassius Ohno vs. Matt Riddle
5) Bianca Belair vs. Shayna Baszler

VHSCoach2

The Royal Rumble was a pretty good show. One of the better main roster PPVs recently. Here's my order of enjoyment:

1. Asuka vs. Becky Lynch
2. Ronda Rousey vs. Sasha Banks
3. Akira Tozawa vs. Buddy Murphy vs. Hideo Itami vs. Kalisto
4. Women's Royal Rumble Match
5. Men's Royal Rumble Match
6. AJ Styles vs. Daniel Bryan
7. Brock Lesnar vs. Finn Balor
8. Shane McMahon and The Miz vs. The Bar
9. Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
10. Bobby Roode and Chad Gable vs. Rezar and Scott Dawson

jbtiger73

Dean Ambrose put in his notice and will not be re negotiating his contract. Possible signs point to AEW. I doubt his wife will follow suit. Leaving on good terms, so a return is definitely there.

VHSCoach2

Hideo Itami asked for, and was granted, his release at the Smackdown tapings last night. He has already changed his name on Twitter back to KENTA.

bleudog

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 02, 2019, 10:24:59 am
He was a good one

1-Adam-12

Wow, Kofi Kingston sure put on a show on SmackDown.  May not have won that gauntlet match, but it may be time to give him a push.

VHSCoach2

Elimination Chamber was alright. I was there in person and, boy, were we deflated at the conclusion of the men's Elimination Chamber Match. Here's the order that I enjoyed the matches:

1) Men's Elimination Chamber
2) Women's Elimination Chamber
3) Akira Tozawa vs. Buddy Murphy
4) Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush vs. Finn Balor
5) Shane McMahon and The Miz vs. The Usos
6) Baron Corbin vs. Braun Strowman
7) Ronda Rousey vs. Ruby Riott

VHSCoach2

Roman Reigns is returning to Raw on Monday to provide an update on his battle with leukemia. Here's to hoping it's the best possible announcement!

VHSCoach2

Fastlane was a solid B-tier PPV. In terms of order of enjoyment for me:

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali
2. Andrade vs. R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe
3. Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley, and Drew McIntyre vs. The Shield
4. Aleister Black and Ricochet vs. Bobby Roode and Chad Gable vs. The Revival
5. Big E and Xavier Woods vs. Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura
6. Shane McMahon and The Miz vs. The Usos
7. Asuka vs. Mandy Rose
8. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
9. Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax and Tamina
10. Kofi Kingston vs. The Bar

VHSCoach2

WWE has announced that the main event of WrestleMania 35 will, indeed, be Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Ronda.

Well-deserved for the women.

1-Adam-12

This makes me wonder if WWE is going to unify the two womens' championships.  After all, no matter who wins, either one champ beats the other or Becky beats them both.

FoxandHound34

April 01, 2019, 10:03:37 am #189 Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:46:19 pm by FoxandHound34
Just got word Becky Lynch will not be in the main event after all. Tested positive for banned PEDs. Stephanie McMahon to make announcement about main event tonight on RAW

VHSCoach2

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 31, 2019, 09:10:10 pm
This makes me wonder if WWE is going to unify the two womens' championships.  After all, no matter who wins, either one champ beats the other or Becky beats them both.

I think that is the route they are going, but it doesn't make since.

Fox has already told WWE that they do not want anything to do with cross-promotion with Raw or its Superstars when Smackdown moves there in October. It seems pointless to me to unify the women's titles for six months, only to have to separate them back once Smackdown moves.

VHSCoach2

Big weekend coming up with NXT TakeOver: New York and WrestleMania 35.

15 matches currently scheduled for Mania, with an additional match for the Raw Tag Team Championship being rumored. The show, on the WWE Network schedule, is scheduled for 7.5 hours... oy vey.

VHSCoach2

Just watched TakeOver: New York from last night. As usual, it was a fantastic show. In order of enjoyment for me:

1. Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano
2. Matt Riddle vs. The Velveteen Dream
3. Pete Dunne vs. Walter
4. Aleister Black and Ricochet vs. War Raiders
5. Bianca Belair vs. Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler

VHSCoach2

Some idiot jumped into the ring and attacked Bret Hart during his Hall of Fame acceptance speech for The Hart Foundation's induction. The guy was dealt with immediately in a rather physical way. Travis Browne (Ronda Rousey's husband) connected with a few body shots, while Dash Wilder caught him with a Mike Tyson uppercut as security was carrying him out.

VHSCoach2

WrestleMania 35 was a good show, though it was far too long. Here's how I enjoyed the matches:

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston
2. Shane McMahon vs. The Miz
3. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey
4. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
5. Aleister Black and Ricochet vs. Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Bar vs. The Usos
6. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder vs. The Revival
7. Buddy Murphy vs. Tony Nese
8. Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins
9. Batista vs. Triple H
10. Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs. Nia Jax and Tamina vs. The IIconics
11. Bobby Lashley vs. Finn Balor
12. Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns
13. Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle
14. Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe
15. WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal
16. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

jbtiger73

Now it's being said that Sasha Banks wanted to quit after Wrestlemania. She found out at the last minute that they were dropping the titles to the IIconics. They were hoping for a lengthy title run, due to her and Bayley advocating for the titles for the longest. But we all know how Vince feels about the international presence in WWE. That's what they were aiming for. But the IIconics though?

1-Adam-12

In the end, The IIconics were the only choice. Beth Phoenix by now is only a part timer and they knew Nia was going to have double knee surgery. So the Australian duo it was. And with Bayley moving to Smackdown, strangely enough it all makes sense.

It won't be long before Asuka and Kairi have the belts though.

jbtiger73

The IICONICS, while their wrestling skills are Somewhat limited, they're very entertaining and charismatic. More so than Bayley and Sasha. They're a natural tag team. Something that's rare in women's wrestling period. I think just like with the men, they want to create natural tag teams. Overall, it will make the division a lot better.

VHSCoach2

Former WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro passed away today at age 39. Absolutely tragic. Far too young.

jbtiger73

Reported it was from an apparent suicide. She was dealing with depression.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas