• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6a Soccer's Future

Started by 6aSoccer, May 19, 2017, 12:41:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

6aSoccer

Siloam takes the crown, Congrats! Overall the 6a isn't very strong, but there are some good teams. Siloam makes it happen in the conference tournament in state, Mountain Home had gone undefeated, and Russellville and others are usually strong/competitive. So what does next year's teams look like? Anyone returning a bunch, losing a bunch, keeping it the same?

This is for guys and girls! Are there preseason games/tournaments already scheduled that will be worth the drive to watch and look forward to?

Buck183

Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 19, 2017, 12:41:26 pm
Siloam takes the crown, Congrats! Overall the 6a isn't very strong, but there are some good teams. Siloam makes it happen in the conference tournament in state, Mountain Home had gone undefeated, and Russellville and others are usually strong/competitive. So what does next year's teams look like? Anyone returning a bunch, losing a bunch, keeping it the same?

This is for guys and girls! Are there preseason games/tournaments already scheduled that will be worth the drive to watch and look forward to?

I've enjoyed your posts about 6A soccer in Arkansas.  Please keep it coming. 

Based off what I've seen having watched almost every playoff game for both boys and girls, and watching both championship games, I'm comfortable saying that both Siloam teams and both Russellville teams will likely be in the hunt again next year.  Knowing what each team is returning and what they have coming in I feel comfortable with that statement. 

I'm going to throw the Benton Lady Panthers in there as a possible wild card too.  I know they have a sophomore class that has been a strong class for them.  They started seven of them as freshman, and all seven again this year.  This group will continue to grow and get better together.  Their time is coming in my opinion. 

Unless Greenwood has a major influx of talent for both boys and girls they will have a long season again next year.  I can safely say the same for the rest of the girls teams in the East and South both, they will need to make some drastic changes with their current roster or hope the incoming class can work miracles. 

thebeaufyfullgame

Russellville VG have only two Seniors and two Juniors as starters, everyone else is Sophomore and Freshman
Boy are also very young and club soccer have one of rhe best program is boys side which feeds Russellville and Dardanelle every year.

Lets Go 5

Siloam will be pretty much the same girls.
They start practice Monday so they will be just another year worth of practice and games stronger.

Don't know about the boys.

futbolsoccer

don't forget about Benton and MH girls.
Searcy lost a lot of Seniors, but maybe get some good young players next year and be competitive.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Lets Go 5 on May 19, 2017, 06:06:59 pm
Siloam will be pretty much the same girls.
They start practice Monday so they will be just another year worth of practice and games stronger.

Don't know about the boys.

Hopping right back into it, eh?

We're starting on June 13th. Give some time off to recuperate and recover from injuries before we start back fresh.

Lets Go 5

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 19, 2017, 08:23:23 pm

We're starting on June 13th. Give some time off to recuperate and recover from injuries before we start back fresh.

Yes competitive soccer starts Monday and the have to get ready for regionals. I'm sure they would like some time off but it just isn't happening. It's there last trip after playing with each other for 10 yrs
Going to be an all girls trip for the week.

Fourthreethree

On the boys side:
Siloam Springs and Russellville will always be good. Play a good balance game.
Hall is a program that has been playing good soccer for a few years. They have several seniors. We will have to see if they can reload or have to rebuild.
Jonesboro, Benton and Mountain Home are to one dimensional. Jonesboro and Benton just try to run the score up and out score people. Mt. Home just tries to play defense. If these programs find a balance they will be tough.
Hopefully Searcy will get back on track.
The rest of the 6A has a ways to go.

Buck183

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 19, 2017, 08:23:23 pm

I don't know that we're really hopping right back in.  To me the break doesn't really start until around late December or so.  Still have club committments to finish up from last year's play. After that club practice starts for this fall. To me it just started. 

The school players will take an actual break for a few weeks.

zerozero

May 23, 2017, 01:48:23 am #9 Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:35:20 pm by zerozero
Quote from: Fourthreethree on May 19, 2017, 10:21:50 pm
On the boys side:
Siloam Springs and Russellville will always be good. Play a good balance game.
Hall is a program that has been playing good soccer for a few years. They have several seniors. We will have to see if they can reload or have to rebuild.
Jonesboro, Benton and Mountain Home are to one dimensional. Jonesboro and Benton just try to run the score up and out score people. Mt. Home just tries to play defense. If these programs find a balance they will be tough.
Hopefully Searcy will get back on track.
The rest of the 6A has a ways to go.
.  Being a parent of a Benton player, I can unequivocally say that Benton doesn't play to just 'out score' people, but when you are forced to play Pine Bluff, Mills, McClellan and the other 5A/6A CCD-5 teams twice, you try and get the 6 goal lead before the second half to let your 2nd string/jv kids get some game time in the shortened 2nd half. Those kids come in and want to show the coach something and you put up another 2,3 4 goals and that is a 'just outscore' mentality? Watched this team basically shut down #7 from HotSprings and win 2-1 executing a defense first game plan. Saw this team play a weeknight game in Siloam Springs and lose 2-3 where SS admittedly was the aggressor because the focus was on defense and the counter. Saw this team play 7A Bryant to a 0-0 tie playing the same type of game. Saw this team beat ElDorado 4-1 and 1-0 playing the same style of defense first and counter. Stop looking at the max preps scores to come to a conclusion on the one dimension teams in the 6A. When you are playing against opponents (5A/6A CCD-5) that are going to give the space to move the ball up and allow a lot of goals, that doesn't make you one dimensional. Now, moving onto the topic of teams in the 6A whereas I can only speak to the Benton Panthers; we are graduating 3 starters who were all All-State and will be big shoes to fill. That being said, we have two sophomores who were starters as freshmen miss significant time this year and are expected to fill two of those three spots as Juniors. Hopefully we have a couple players step up and get a freshman or two that help elevate Benton past being 'one dimensional'.

Buck183

Quote from: zerozero on May 23, 2017, 01:48:23 am
.  Being a parent of a Benton player, I can unequivocally say that Benton doesn't play to just 'out score' people, but when you are forced to play Pine Bluff, Mills, McClellan and the other 5A/6A CCD-5 teams twice, you try and get the 6 goal lead before the second half to let your 2nd string/jv kids get some game time in the shortened 2nd half. Those kids come in and want to show the coach something and you put up another 2,3 4 goals and that is a 'just outscore' mentality? Watched this team basically shut down #7 from HotSprings and win 2-1 executing a defense first game plan. Saw this team play a weeknight game in Siloam Springs and lose 2-3 where SS admittedly was the aggressor because the focus was on defense and the counter. Saw this team play 7A Bryant to a 0-0 tie playing the same type of game. Saw this team beat ElDorado 4-1 and 1-0 playing the same style of defense first and counter. Stop looking at the max preps scores to come to a conclusion on the one dimension teams in the 6A. When you are playing against opponents (5A/6A CCD-5) that are going to give the space to move the ball up and allow a lot of goals, that doesn't make you one dimensional. Now, moving onto the topic of teams in the 6A whereas I can only speak to the Benton Panthers; we are graduating 3 starters who were all All-State and will be big shoes to fill. That being said, we have two sophomores who were starters as freshmen miss significant time this year and are expected to fill two of those three spots as Juniors. Hopefully we have a couple of the less decorated seniors/juniors step up and get a freshman or two that help elevate Benton past being 'one dimensional'.

What about your girls?

pantherdad

Benton girls should be in contention for the next few years. Our 5A/6A combined conference was weak, hence the high scores. We should have beaten Russellville a few weeks ago, dominated possession, lots of missed shots, only to lose in PKs, of which our keeper stopped several, but our girls kept missing their shots. We beat Mountain Home and only lost to Siloam 3-0 after three consecutive days.

We're only losing one senior starter. Adding an extremely talented upcoming 9th grader. Future looks bright for the Benton girls.

Buck183

Quote from: pantherdad on May 23, 2017, 01:21:28 pm
Benton girls should be in contention for the next few years. Our 5A/6A combined conference was weak, hence the high scores. We should have beaten Russellville a few weeks ago, dominated possession, lots of missed shots, only to lose in PKs, of which our keeper stopped several, but our girls kept missing their shots. We beat Mountain Home and only lost to Siloam 3-0 after three consecutive days.

We're only losing one senior starter. Adding an extremely talented upcoming 9th grader. Future looks bright for the Benton girls.

Pretty much what I was thinking.  I think Siloam will be a tough hurdle for Benton at least one more year. But I have been saying I can see those girls being in the final in a couple years.   

Buck183

Quote from: Buck183 on May 23, 2017, 09:56:05 pm
Pretty much what I was thinking.  I think Siloam will be a tough hurdle for Benton at least one more year. But I have been saying I can see those girls being in the final in a couple years.

Our coach released the schedule for this next spring a couple days ago.  I see that Siloam and Benton are playing each other during the regular season now.  I'm happy to see this happen.

Lets Go 5

It will be interesting to watch for sure.  :)

futbolsoccer

Russellville Girls return the two now seniors that didn't play last season, get the two players left behind from the now sophomores club team,  so looks like they gain more than what they lost form the last season.
hopefully coaches come with a new or fresh idea to play the game, the sophomore group is the core of the team now, and is the only group committed to play soccer all year around, something we didn't have in the past and will make a difference.
I thinks SS and Russellville still on top of 6A but watch out for MH, Benton and Searcy.
cant wait to see my two girls playing in HS, finally will enjoy watching them play together.

frotator888

Does anyone have any idea if Jacksonville boys have improved at all this year. I've heard about some rumors they've brought a couple of new talent, but I wasn't sure. If anyone has more info to add it would be great to hear!

TheGoalkeeper13

Quote from: frotator888 on December 10, 2017, 01:11:27 pm
Does anyone have any idea if Jacksonville boys have improved at all this year. I've heard about some rumors they've brought a couple of new talent, but I wasn't sure. If anyone has more info to add it would be great to hear!
Myself and two strikes from Lighthouse came into the squad this year, with a few foreign exchange students it should set us up for a few wins for the upcoming season.

Buck183

Quote from: futbolsoccer on December 04, 2017, 12:13:14 pm
Russellville Girls return the two now seniors that didn't play last season, get the two players left behind from the now sophomores club team,  so looks like they gain more than what they lost form the last season.
hopefully coaches come with a new or fresh idea to play the game, the sophomore group is the core of the team now, and is the only group committed to play soccer all year around, something we didn't have in the past and will make a difference.
I thinks SS and Russellville still on top of 6A but watch out for MH, Benton and Searcy.
cant wait to see my two girls playing in HS, finally will enjoy watching them play together.

Heard from a soccer friend in your area that several players from that freshman class last year had left the team.  Hated hearing that. 

futbolsoccer

Quote from: Buck183 on January 09, 2018, 12:35:09 pm
Heard from a soccer friend in your area that several players from that freshman class last year had left the team.  Hated hearing that.

the now Sophomore group of girls, had lost two, but get the two players this group left behind because of the school grade, in the other side, there is 4 players, two seniors and two juniors who quit the team in  the first two days of practice, the core of the girls team is the sophomore group with the two freshman, they have been together for 4 years, and is our only group playing fall soccer, sad to heard good players quitting.
so I think is going to be a year of rebuild for the girls side.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas