• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can PA win five in a row?

Started by PA Dad, December 02, 2017, 10:51:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I've started this thread the last two years.  The last two years I was optimistic that PA could repeat.  I'm not very optimistic they can do so next year.

They lose Hatcher, which is a big loss.  The seniors on this years team lost only one game ever.  The incoming seniors do not have a similar record.

And, I think the competition in 5A is getting better.  Parkview and McClellan proved that PA can be defeated.  Coaches Bolding and Moody had very effective defensive schemes - grind the clock and blitz on nearly every play.  I expect to see much more of that next year.

There are a number of teams that will challenge PA next year.  In Central, LRCA, Parkview and Sylvan Hills have a shot at beating PA.  Statewide, Morrilton, Wynne, Batesville, Alma and one or two surprise teams will challenge PA.

I don't think PA's chances of winning it all again next year are any better than 25-30%.

beach bum

Red Devil Alum

I would agree with that. In some ways, tonight felt like the end of the PA era to me.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2017, 10:51:17 pm
I've started this thread the last two years.  The last two years I was optimistic that PA could repeat.  I'm not very optimistic they can do so next year.

They lose Hatcher, which is a big loss.  The seniors on this years team lost only one game ever.  The incoming seniors do not have a similar record.

And, I think the competition in 5A is getting better.  Parkview and McClellan proved that PA can be defeated.  Coaches Bolding and Moody had very effective defensive schemes - grind the clock and blitz on nearly every play.  I expect to see much more of that next year.

There are a number of teams that will challenge PA next year.  In Central, LRCA, Parkview and Sylvan Hills have a shot at beating PA.  Statewide, Morrilton, Wynne, Batesville, Alma and one or two surprise teams will challenge PA.

I don't think PA's chances of winning it all again next year are any better than 25-30%.

Sylvan Hills is headed to 6A.

PA Dad

PA Dad

By the way, I intentionally left McClellan out of my list.  That looks odd in light of their performance tonight.  But they lose about 18 senior starters.  They may well have a good team next year but I don't think they will be as good as they've been the last couple of years.

JessieP

You don't have someone step in and replace Hatcher, that kid floored me tonight. Will Kelly have them in the final 4? almost certainly. Are they the clear favorites? not close. I sat there shaking my head, I honestly cannot picture another high school QB under that kind of duress all night and still win. All year everyone was saying someone will expose PA's weakness up front, tonight it got exposed, they still won. I am beating this dead horse all night, I don't care. LRM's front 7 abused PA's O-line and they lost, I've never seen that. I'm sorry, he's the best QB in the state. Greenwods QB has never faced an onslaught like that. Losing Hatcher will give the chase group the opening they need. Unreal!

beaverfan007

Pa. Shouldn't have won but do to stupid untimely mistakes they escaped with their4th consecutive state championship

tmycjy

But u got it 100 years from no one will rember how u won it that u won it 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: tmycjy on December 03, 2017, 09:13:32 am
But u got it 100 years from no one will rember how u won it that u won it
That's correct, tmy...  Congratulations,  PA.  Regardless of what one thinks about advantages,
A fine coach and hard working kids achieved this milestone and are to be commended for their success. 

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on December 02, 2017, 11:02:35 pm
By the way, I intentionally left McClellan out of my list.  That looks odd in light of their performance tonight.  But they lose about 18 senior starters.  They may well have a good team next year but I don't think they will be as good as they've been the last couple of years.

Another one with gigantic question marks would be Wynne. They lose 16 starters and not to mention numbers 7, 3 and 50. Major rebuilding year, granted the new coach is more then up to the task but this is a brutal graduation year.

Hogman2018

Hogman2018

Hogman2018

Hope you all keep forgetting about Texarkana dropping down to 5A next year!!  With 19 starters back we will be a player in 5A bank on it!

Overdahill

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 03, 2017, 11:18:32 am
Hope you all keep forgetting about Texarkana dropping down to 5A next year!!  With 19 starters back we will be a player in 5A bank on it!

19 starters? wow

walkingguy72396

Have to keep an eye on that.  I do not remember any team that got moved down even making it too the finals.  Perhaps some body does.

walkingguy72396

thebigshot

Money bags wins again. Y'all realize if Kelly went to a different school like Marion or Magnolia he won't have the same results.

PA is a joke. They need to stop paying to get kids to play for them.

Send your kids to Pulaski Academy you will win a championship for the right money.

PA Dad

You are right.  I forgot about Texarkana.  I'm looking forward to having you in 5A.

With 19 starters back you should pose a threat.

Hogman2018

Thanks PA dad !  I really like reading ur post!

STBruin

Quote from: thebigshot on December 03, 2017, 12:23:12 pm
Money bags wins again. Y'all realize if Kelly went to a different school like Marion or Magnolia he won't have the same results.

Send your kids to Pulaski Academy you will win a championship for the right money.

Back to Back to Back to Back...seems like the joke is on you!!!!

You send Kelley to Marion or Magnolia and in no time he would be winning, would he have the same results, wont say that he will. BUT he will be winning and the kids will become winners. Be bitter...be resentful...and troll...but a 4 PEAT is an accomplishment...and these boys have put themselves in the record books in several categories.

PA Bruin Fan

Always fun to hear from the little people.  And by "little" I mean bitter and classless.

PA Bruin Fan

25%-30% seems high; I'm not sure this year's squad or the previous had that great of odds in the grand scheme of things.  It's certainly hard to replace two o-linemen who are going on to play at the next level.  However, PA has seen this before and still found a way to win.  Several will need to step up.  New QB will also bring a different dynamic.  It will clearly be a new look.  I'm certainly not betting on a 5-peat and a bunch of games mercy-ruled but I'd bet folding cash the Team remains competitive. 

Maynard G Krebs

Sounds like the El Dorado promise didn't work out for you...

IAFLAR7

December 03, 2017, 04:03:56 pm #24 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:20:49 pm by IAFLAR7
Quote from: JessieP on December 02, 2017, 11:21:46 pm
You don't have someone step in and replace Hatcher, that kid floored me tonight. Will Kelly have them in the final 4? almost certainly. Are they the clear favorites? not close. I sat there shaking my head, I honestly cannot picture another high school QB under that kind of duress all night and still win. All year everyone was saying someone will expose PA's weakness up front, tonight it got exposed, they still won. I am beating this dead horse all night, I don't care. LRM's front 7 abused PA's O-line and they lost, I've never seen that. I'm sorry, he's the best QB in the state. Greenwods QB has never faced an onslaught like that. Losing Hatcher will give the chase group the opening they need. Unreal!
Really??
Then how come Arkansas and major D1 schools aren't knocking on his door like they are for Noland? Why would they pass on him? Why? Total system QB and please, stop listing him at 6-1, 6-2 depending on where you are looking. More like 5-10. Great athlete, very competitive &  a gamer. Not nearly as fundamentally sound as Noland.
I watched both games. Noland is by far the superior QB.

MDXPHD

Ehh, maybe so. But along with the others, there should still be an asterisk next to it.

STBruin

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2017, 04:12:52 pm
Ehh, maybe so. But along with the others, there should still be an asterisk next to it.

Asterisk??? For what? Winning with a high frequency???? Ok....

JessieP

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on December 03, 2017, 04:03:56 pm
Really??
Then how come Arkansas and major D1 schools aren't knocking on his door like they are for Noland? Why would they pass on him? Why? Total system QB and please, stop listing him at 6-1, 6-2 depending on where you are looking. More like 5-10. Great athlete, very competitive &  a gamer. Not nearly as fundamentally sound as Noland.
I watched both games. Noland is by far the superior QB.

I was not knocking Noland, he is a gifted QB with a bright future. My whole point was would Noland have the same success with PA's O-line? PA is the best in the 5A, Top 10 overall. They are a dynasty, a well oiled machine. Their offensive line wouldn't be in the top 10 in the 5A. Hatcher had a masterful game while running for his life, he had no run game to take the pressure off him. Last night was a virtuoso performance, I doubt ANYONE else in Arkansas high school football could have won that game under those conditions. My opinion is coming from someone who looks for reasons to belittle PA, I would love to place someone ahead of him, I simply cannot. Switch O-lines, have Hatcher play behind Greenwoods O-line and Noland behind PA's and you'd change your opinion. As far as not being heavily recruited, scouts often swing and miss. Google Tom Brady draft, Clay Matthews was a walk-on. On every NFL roster there are players who weren't given a second look by D1, Power 5 schools. If he chooses to pursue football I can easily see Hatcher being one of those "how did we miss that" players. 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2017, 04:12:52 pm
You can put an asterisk next to it in the little notebook where you write down all the state champions.

AT

PA moves up a classification based on numbers and wins four straight. Very impressive. Coach KK would win anywhere.

I think next year will show Coach K's coaching prowess again with all they lose.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 03, 2017, 06:29:05 pm
PA moves up a classification based on numbers and wins four straight. Very impressive. Coach KK would win anywhere.

I think next year will show Coach K's coaching prowess again with all they lose.

I wonder when he will leave and prove to the world his system works anywhere and not just at a place with a crazy amount of advantages compared to other schools...

Anyway, congrats to PA for a 4-peat, however impressive that can be considered for them and their fans. Onto the other boards!

IAFLAR7

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2017, 05:14:26 pm
I was not knocking Noland, he is a gifted QB with a bright future. My whole point was would Noland have the same success with PA's O-line? PA is the best in the 5A, Top 10 overall. They are a dynasty, a well oiled machine. Their offensive line wouldn't be in the top 10 in the 5A. 
You don't think PA has one of the best O-Lines in 5A???

Have you seen them? One of them is committed to UA.

Lefefe123#

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on December 03, 2017, 09:23:51 pm
You don't think PA has one of the best O-Lines in 5A???

Have you seen them? One of them is committed to UA.

It takes 4 to complete a O-line.  One to UA and another to USAFA.  Keep your nasty comments to yourself and share it with your kids.

JessieP

Having a great player and being a great unit are two completely different things.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2017, 05:14:26 pm
I was not knocking Noland, he is a gifted QB with a bright future. My whole point was would Noland have the same success with PA's O-line? PA is the best in the 5A, Top 10 overall. They are a dynasty, a well oiled machine. Their offensive line wouldn't be in the top 10 in the 5A. Hatcher had a masterful game while running for his life, he had no run game to take the pressure off him. Last night was a virtuoso performance, I doubt ANYONE else in Arkansas high school football could have won that game under those conditions. My opinion is coming from someone who looks for reasons to belittle PA, I would love to place someone ahead of him, I simply cannot. Switch O-lines, have Hatcher play behind Greenwoods O-line and Noland behind PA's and you'd change your opinion. As far as not being heavily recruited, scouts often swing and miss. Google Tom Brady draft, Clay Matthews was a walk-on. On every NFL roster there are players who weren't given a second look by D1, Power 5 schools. If he chooses to pursue football I can easily see Hatcher being one of those "how did we miss that" players.

I don't disagree. The kid is just a winner JP. He will be missed. I look forward to seeing Braden Bratcher take over next year. Big shoes to fill, but Bratcher is fearless and knows the offense. Time will tell.

I totally agree on whiffs. One need to look no further than Baker Mayfield. Tons of schools didn't offer the kid. He's done okay.

Last night was a crazy game. That 4th down pass to Brett Lynch required ice veins in both the passer and the receiver. What a crazy, crazy night. There was a long stretch there where I was absolutely convinced the streak was over. Done with. We were going to lose. I still can't believe PA won.

makessense

If PA does have a 5 peat then it will be Kelly's best job yet.  They lose 7-8 starters on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball AND most of those kids have started multiple years.  Most of the spots that will open up will be filled with juniors next year and not seniors so that is a wildcard as well.  So you will have a new QB and 3 out of 4 new receivers and looking for a running game.  Defensive is about the same - PA loses their best D lineman and all the linebackers.  Should know more this time next year.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 03, 2017, 11:10:29 pm
I don't disagree. The kid is just a winner JP. He will be missed. I look forward to seeing Braden Bratcher take over next year. Big shoes to fill, but Bratcher is fearless and knows the offense. Time will tell.

I totally agree on whiffs. One need to look no further than Baker Mayfield. Tons of schools didn't offer the kid. He's done okay.

Last night was a crazy game. That 4th down pass to Brett Lynch required ice veins in both the passer and the receiver. What a crazy, crazy night. There was a long stretch there where I was absolutely convinced the streak was over. Done with. We were going to lose. I still can't believe PA won.

That pass was made 1 second before LRM's defensive tackle made contact. Do you realize what kind of focus that requires? Miss that 4th down and it's game over.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Lefefe123# on December 03, 2017, 09:53:14 pm
It takes 4 to complete a O-line.  One to UA and another to USAFA.  Keep your nasty comments to yourself and share it with your kids.
How is that a nasty comment?
I'm simply saying PA's offensive line is pretty good.
This posts infers that they are not any good and that PA wins in spite of them. Who's being nasty?

South 45

Same dealer, same shuffle, just a different deck. See no reason why they couldn't.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JessieP on December 04, 2017, 08:01:25 am
That pass was made 1 second before LRM's defensive tackle made contact. Do you realize what kind of focus that requires? Miss that 4th down and it's game over.

The catch was equally impressive.  The DB had good coverage too.

Overdahill

Hey Chief, welcome to the Central Conference! Big shoes to fill replacing McCllellan

RD™

crawl back under your rock

Go Postal

Now that Football season is over, I hear that PA has started their scouting to fill the ranks for future Bruins ball.  They just got done with their Spring sports scouting and it looks pretty good...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on December 04, 2017, 01:45:42 pm
Hey Chief, welcome to the Central Conference! Big shoes to fill replacing McCllellan

Thanks!  Glad to be here.  The view is nice from up here.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 05, 2017, 08:00:55 am
Thanks!  Glad to be here.  The view is nice from up here.

WOW! Chief, we going to have to go to war next year. No more alliances with the HORNets.  ;D

InYoGrill

PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA
PA infinity times infinity...................... WHO CARES

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: InYoGrill on December 05, 2017, 08:56:52 am
WOW! Chief, we going to have to go to war next year. No more alliances with the HORNets.  ;D

Haha yep!  I think we may play Vilonia non-conference next year, so hopefully we can get a good thread going with our former conference rivals.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 05, 2017, 09:02:04 am
Haha yep!  I think we may play Vilonia non-conference next year, so hopefully we can get a good thread going with our former conference rivals.

Look forward to it Chief. It has been a few years since I last visited you.  ;D

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 05, 2017, 09:02:04 am
I hope so too.  Anytime blue and I can get more shots at IYG, the better. :-*

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on December 05, 2017, 12:50:58 pm
I hope so too.  Anytime blue and I can get more shots at IYG, the better. :-*

Eat poop corn GOB.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas