• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood is your 2017 6A State Champions

Started by Brian G, December 02, 2017, 05:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Congrats to all their players, parents, staff and fans from Fearless Friday.

JessieP

I just ask this on the 7A board, NLR is now clearly the overall number 1 team in the state. Would you rank Bentonville or Greenwood number 2?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: JessieP on December 02, 2017, 05:47:52 pm
I just ask this on the 7A board, NLR is now clearly the overall number 1 team in the state. Would you rank Bentonville or Greenwood number 2?

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 02, 2017, 07:27:11 pm
I would say after watching NLR and Bentonville play, there is no doubt in my mind that the GW team could play with both those teams and likely beat them. There was nothing impressive about the teams I watched today that would make me think otherwise.

jeffslilbro

Only thing clear about that is they beat a weak looking Bentonville team

RD™

Greenwood is the most completed team top to bottom.

Lumberjackfan1978

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: RD™ on December 02, 2017, 08:15:54 pm
Greenwood is the most completed team top to bottom.
After watching them play twice I have to agree. They beat....no...dominated some very good 6A teams.  I didn't see one area of their game that was suspect.  Usually you can see a weakness in one aspect of the game on every team.....special teams, kicking, defense, linebackers, secondary....etc.   But not this GW team.  Complete team.  I think even the training staff and ball boys were better than everyone else's.

Baitshop

Well......perhaps Bennie or NLR would be willing to play a home and home non-con series to decide the issue...??..??

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Good gosh Bait.  Would you please take that GIF down. Gives me the willys.  :P ;D

Pr8hd

December 02, 2017, 08:49:10 pm #9 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:57:08 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Baitshop on December 02, 2017, 08:25:33 pm
Well......perhaps Bennie or NLR would be willing to play a home and home non-con series to decide the issue...??..??

That decides nothing about this year.

I think GW beats those teams if matched up this year. The only thing impressive about the 7A games was that Bennie never gave up, while NLR almost got caught celebrating too early. I was impressed by that, but offensively and defensively, was not overly impressed by anything they did on the field to make me think GW could not beat them.  They may get the final nod, but no way they are the best in the state....just that they are in the  largest classification and that seems to trump all other things even what some peoples eyes see.

When the dust clears, GW will have had the most dominating performance of the top 3-4 schools in this overall discussion and it was against the program in the the state with the most titles.

NLR shouldn't get a pass to #1 simply because they were in the top class and played a Bentonville team that gave them a close run for their money which many thought they would dominate.

JessieP

I see all the Greenwood people are adamant that Greenwood is the top team, the PA fans are equally as adamant that PA is. It's all opinion so who really knows?

Lumberjackfan1978

Greenwood would beat both Bentonville and NLR.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: JessieP on December 02, 2017, 09:06:35 pm
I see all the Greenwood people are adamant that Greenwood is the top team, the PA fans are equally as adamant that PA is. It's all opinion so who really knows?
So why ask the question?   Are you not going to congratulate Greenwood? 

JessieP

Quote from: PrivateLesson on December 02, 2017, 09:12:09 pm

I have, I will again. I didn't realize how important it was to the Greenwood fans. So to all the Greenwood fans, congratulations. Now you can celebrate.

jeffslilbro

Gwd should play them. Gwd doesn't get much competition from fs teams, nor does nlr.

RD™

Lift for Life is a power house now. Backoff bro. They beat Vashon High School 6-0.

Vashon is like the Pulaski Academy of MO yo

Pr8hd

December 02, 2017, 09:30:39 pm #16 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:39:32 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: PrivateLesson on December 02, 2017, 09:12:09 pm

I don't know how anyone can surmise that NLR is clearly the #1 team in the state after that 7A game where frankly they both looked slightly better than average really-  yet in addition go on to second guess who should be #2.   

RiverRunner02

Congrats to CRJ and the Greenwood Bulldogs. I know that I've had some differences with some of the Bulldog faithful but they're a great team that does things. the right way. Very classy

hogsanddogs

Greenwood has the #1 team in the state. After watching the 7A game today, Greenwood could beat either one of those teams.

Hoghead2

Congrats to the Greenwood Air Dogs 2017 6A State Champs.

High Voltage

December 03, 2017, 09:12:29 am #20 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:39:22 am by High Voltage
Bait why? Lolololol, Why can you not leave it alone? You are like a little Chihuahua that just tugs and barks at the bigger dog and then the BIG DOG has to slap the little dog away. Here is the reality, Greenwood plays two 7A schools every year. It is convenient, good gates for all schools and the players don't have to be out of class all day to play a noncon game that in the end is meaningless. Two 7A schools that have a bigger enrollment, more athletes to choose from so forth and so on. We would love it down here if the Fort Smith schools would step up their programs and give Greenwood a little competition. I mean, good grief at least score more than 7 points combined in a year against GW! My advice, and take it for what its worth because we all know that YOU don't think there is a problem up there with the Mavs, worry about your schedule. Take care of your business. Either be a Bulldog fan and alumni or be a Southside fan. We don't need no bandwagon jumpers down here. We have a solid fan base. We certainly don't need your advice cause Lawd knows it hasn't helped Southside. We would rather stay relevant and winners rather than go for two on the first drive and lose by one and end up 3-8!

Cue the comments about Insurance, when Rick leaves and how many times GW was runner up. Or just type in SMH. Still waiting for all your marbles to shake loose and start working again. I'm sure you and your SS buddies set around on Saturday mornings and drink coffee and they all applaud your negative comments about Greenwood and how you "BAIT" people into commenting, all the while looking rather foolish in doing so on here. It would be so much easier and much classier if you just said, Congratulations!

Jeep71

Baitshop

December 03, 2017, 10:45:47 am #22 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:48:41 am by Baitshop
Quote from: High Voltage on December 03, 2017, 09:12:29 am
Bait why? Lolololol, Why can you not leave it alone? You are like a little Chihuahua that just tugs and barks at the bigger dog and then the BIG DOG has to slap the little dog away. Here is the reality, Greenwood plays two 7A schools every year. It is convenient, good gates for all schools and the players don't have to be out of class all day to play a noncon game that in the end is meaningless. Two 7A schools that have a bigger enrollment, more athletes to choose from so forth and so on. We would love it down here if the Fort Smith schools would step up their programs and give Greenwood a little competition. I mean, good grief at least score more than 7 points combined in a year against GW! My advice, and take it for what its worth because we all know that YOU don't think there is a problem up there with the Mavs, worry about your schedule. Take care of your business. Either be a Bulldog fan and alumni or be a Southside fan. We don't need no bandwagon jumpers down here. We have a solid fan base. We certainly don't need your advice cause Lawd knows it hasn't helped Southside. We would rather stay relevant and winners rather than go for two on the first drive and lose by one and end up 3-8!

Cue the comments about Insurance, when Rick leaves and how many times GW was runner up. Or just type in SMH. Still waiting for all your marbles to shake loose and start working again. I'm sure you and your SS buddies set around on Saturday mornings and drink coffee and they all applaud your negative comments about Greenwood and how you "BAIT" people into commenting, all the while looking rather foolish in doing so on here. It would be so much easier and much classier if you just said, Congratulations!

Oh, it's simple why......many in the UofG fan base have the same reoccuring problem. Big mouths, no balls....

"I watched the Bennie/NLR game and we would have beaten either one of them...we should be ranked #1 overall".

Everytime you fellas win a championship, it triggers an immediate crying of "we're the best in the world". All the while not proving it on the field. I'm just pointing out that you dont have  be sitting at the house telling everybody that you're the cream of the crop when you have 3 non-con games to bring in the current cream of the crop in Arkansas' other classifications. You obviously currently have Northside and Southside's number, so why don't you out amd find tams that will push you more so you don't have to look like yoyo's when you start chirping about how you should be ranked above people that you are unwilling to schedule...

Pretty simple even for a simpleton like yourself...

Oh, and I did congratulate the GW players and coaches. As a matter of fact, I was the first to do it here on the board after the game.

High Voltage

December 03, 2017, 11:02:56 am #23 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:16:31 am by High Voltage
Quote from: Baitshop on December 03, 2017, 10:45:47 am
Oh, it's simple why......many in the UofG fan base have the same reoccuring problem. Big mouths, no balls....

"I watched the Bennie/NLR game and we would have beaten either one of them...we should be ranked #1 overall".

Everytime you fellas win a championship, it triggers an immediate crying of "we're the best in the world". All the while not proving it on the field. I'm just pointing out that you dont have  be sitting at the house telling everybody that you're the cream of the crop when you have 3 non-con games to bring in the current cream of the crop in Arkansas' other classifications. You obviously currently have Northside and Southside's number, so why don't you out amd find tams that will push you more so you don't have to look like yoyo's when you start chirping about how you should be ranked above people that you are unwilling to schedule...

Pretty simple even for a simpleton like yourself...

Oh, and I did congratulate the GW players and coaches. As a matter of fact, I was the first to do it here on the board after the game.
And I am just pointing out that you as the "Big Man" of the SS program should be worried about all the problems you guys have rather than be worried about a team that is 13-0, state champs and are good every year. GW is in the hunt year in and year out. We have beaten 7A teams, forced to play in a conference with 7A teams and still won the conference. Sorry bud, you can do or say what you want but the records speak for themselves. You try and find fault with Greenwood at every turn, and it all comes back to the noncon schedule. Here is the truth, nobody cares what you think of GW's noncon schedule. I truly believe that CRJ's does not set up at night and worry that Bait does not like our Noncon. It's not one of his worries I can assure you. Yes, there are GW posters that are beating their chest about being state champs. My goodness man, we just went 13-0 and won the state championship over a juggernaut program like PB in convincing fashion. We should be proud and we don't need the approval of the SS announcer to feel good. I personally think NLR is the #1 overall team and did so in my poll, but I could make a very convincing argument for putting GW #1. If I did you would bring up CRJ's insurance and try and make an argument that if he and his family did not have insurance they would not be as good. Why don't you spend your time, energy and money making SS a better program. It would sure help SS's situation I would think.

You accomplished what you set out to do, derail yet another positive thread about Greenwood.

RyanLR

Quote from: hogsanddogs on December 02, 2017, 11:09:42 pm
Greenwood has the #1 team in the state. After watching the 7A game today, Greenwood could beat either one of those teams.
North Little Rock would do some dirty things to Greenwood.

Baitshop

December 03, 2017, 11:32:41 am #25 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:38:55 am by Baitshop
Quote from: High Voltage on December 03, 2017, 11:02:56 am
And I am just pointing out that you as the "Big Man" of the SS program should be worried about all the problems you guys have rather than be worried about a team that is 13-0, state champs and are good every year. GW is in the hunt year in and year out. We have beaten 7A teams, forced to play in a conference with 7A teams and still won the conference. Sorry bud, you can do or say what you want but the records speak for themselves. You try and find fault with Greenwood at every turn, and it all comes back to the noncon schedule. Here is the truth, nobody cares what you think of GW's noncon schedule. I truly believe that CRJ's does not set up at night and worry that Bait does not like our Noncon. It's not one of his worries I can assure you. Yes, there are GW posters that are beating their chest about being state champs. My goodness man, we just went 13-0 and won the state championship over a juggernaut program like PB in convincing fashion. We should be proud and we don't need the approval of the SS announcer to feel good. I personally think NLR is the #1 overall team and did so in my poll, but I could make a very convincing argument for putting GW #1. If I did you would bring up CRJ's insurance and try and make an argument that if he and his family did not have insurance they would not be as good. Why don't you spend your time, energy and money making SS a better program. It would sure help SS's situation I would think.

Everything in blue screams that everything in red is bullchit... :-*

You're the one chasing my posts all over the board to comment on them...if my opinion doesn't matter, then why your incessant need to comment on it?

Now, if you want to have an ongoing conversation with me, why don't you start a separate thread and we can discuss whatever you want to there. This thread is about the 2017 Greenwood State Championship that I have already congratulated them on. And having said that, this will be my last post on this thread.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on December 03, 2017, 11:32:41 am
Everything in blue screams that everything in red is bullchit... :-*

You're the one chasing my posts all over the board to comment on them...if my opinion doesn't matter, then why your incessant need to comment on it?

Now, if you want to have an ongoing conversation with me, why don't you start a separate thread and we can discuss whatever you want to there. This thread is about the 2017 Greenwood State Championship that I have already congratulated them on. And having said that, this will be my last post on this thread.
Just as you chase Greenwood threads around commenting on those. Good, maybe you will leave all of the Greenwood threads alone from this point on.

Pr8hd

December 03, 2017, 01:10:20 pm #27 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:29:59 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: RyanLR on December 03, 2017, 11:19:55 am

From what I saw, there was nothing this year's GW version couldn't handle, compete with , and likely win. That was a little better than average Bentonville team just a few years into a split. By most accounts, NLR was supposed to dominate them and did not. GW had the horses on both sides this year, playmakers on offense, and a very stingy defense. Plus, they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state spearheaded by Rick Jones, easily one of the best if not THE best in the state right no.

Offensively they (NLR) were not impressive and defensively they got exposed on several occasions especially in their passing defense. In the end, they darn near almost gave up the lead because Bentonville did not stop playing. So, yeah that part was really "nasty".

High Voltage

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 03, 2017, 01:10:20 pm
From what I saw, there was nothing this year's GW version couldn't handle, compete with , and likely win. That was a little better than average Bentonville team just a few years into a split. GW had the horses on both sides this year, playmakers on offense, and a very stingy defense. Plus, they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state spearheaded by Rick Jones, easily one of the best if not THE best in the state right now. Offensively they (NLR) were not impressive and defensively they got exposed on several occasions and in the end, they darn near almost gave up the lead because Bentonville did not stop playing. So, yeah that part was really "nasty".
+1, this would be a great game. I give a slight edge to NLR, but it could go either way.

zebrafan

I don't know about that! Love to see that matchup though!

jeffslilbro

Speaking of balls baitshop, what year were you last able to see yours?

zebradynasty

All during the season, I thought of a GW vs PA or GW vs NLR or Bennie would be great match up. Based on what I've seen so far, GW would give NLR a heck of game. GW beats PA by 20 and Beenie by 10.

High Voltage

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2017, 05:31:24 pm
All during the season, I thought of a GW vs PA or GW vs NLR or Bennie would be great match up. Based on what I've seen so far, GW would give NLR a heck of game. GW beats PA by 20 and Beenie by 10.
Hey Zebra, just curious on what you base that on?

zebradynasty

December 03, 2017, 06:57:30 pm #33 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:34:08 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: High Voltage on December 03, 2017, 05:38:37 pm
Hey Zebra, just curious on what you base that on?

GW vs PA...GW +20

1)  GW is better coached.
2)  PA is not as athletic as GW.
3)  The onside kicking from PA would consistently give GW a short field which is just asking for mercy rule.
4)  GW has a better defense.
5)  Which should be # 1...GW has Conner Nolan! He would pick apart PA's secondary

GW vs NLR...EVEN

1)  NLR might have a little more depth along the OL and DL but I don't think fatigue would be an issue.
2)  I like the size NLR has in their secondary but I don't think it helps in stopping or slowing down GW's offense.
3)  NLR I think can run the ball on GW but can they do it consistently? NLR passing game is suspect.
4)  If GW ever got up on NLR don't think NLR has the offense to come back
5)  Conner Nolan

GW vs Bentonville....GW +10

1)  Was not impressed with Bennies secondary.
2)  Both teams tackle well and swarm to the ball
3)  Don't think Bennie would have success running against GW.
4)  I think GW is more athletic than Bennie
5)  Conner Nolan will pick Bennies secondary apart.

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2017, 06:57:30 pm
GW vs PA...GW +20

3)  The onside kicking from PA would consistently give GW a short field which is just asking for mercy rule.
5)  Which should be # 1...GW has Conner Nolan! He would pick apart PA's secondary

GW vs NLR...EVEN

1)  NLR might have a little more depth along the OL and DL but I don't think fatigue would be an issue.
2)  I like the size NLR has in there secondary but I don't think it help in stopping or slowing down GW's offense.
3)  NLR I think can run the ball on GW but can they do it consistently? NLR passing game is suspect.
5)  Conner Nolan

Nice thoughts on all 3 match-ups....I am taking it you were impressed with Connor Noland?

I was too....he looked razor sharp the last few games minus the wounded duck that came off his hand straight to the PB LB. Kid can flat put some mustard on the ball and really quick release. Plus, he has nice feet when he must scramble. I hope he does well at the UA. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 03, 2017, 07:42:50 pm
Nice thoughts on all 3 match-ups....I am taking it you were impressed with Connor Noland?

I was too....he looked razor sharp the last few games minus the wounded duck that came off his hand straight to the PB LB. Kid can flat put some mustard on the ball and really quick release. Plus, he has nice feet when he must scramble. I hope he does well at the UA. 

I was impressed with his arm and accruracy not so much with his feet. He can move but I'm not buying the near "dual threat" that is sometimes used to describe him. With the current OL situation on hill...I would recommend baseball! LOL!

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2017, 08:00:46 pm
I was impressed with his arm and accruracy not so much with his feet. He can move but I'm not buying the near "dual threat" that is sometimes used to describe him. With the current OL situation on hill...I would recommend baseball! LOL!

+1 Lol!  Yeah, baseball might keep him healthier for sure.....

IAFLAR7

Saw a lot of games and teams this year. GW was best team I saw hands down. NLR was the most athletic.

bulldogger15

Not so fast CryinRyanLR! Womack, Webb and Hanna would make your offense look worse than it did against Bentonville. Probably beat Greenwood on the "dirty" part, but Greenwood's defense would remind you what NASTY is like.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebrafan

December 04, 2017, 12:03:03 am #39 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:06:44 am by zebrafan
Quote from: Pr8hd on December 03, 2017, 07:42:50 pm

His quick release was on point...WRs turn around..bam it's chest or a nice back shoulder dime. Hope he does well at UofA.

bulldogger15

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 03, 2017, 05:28:16 pm
Speaking of balls baitshop, what year were you last able to see yours?
The day he graduated from Greenwood High School! Been down hill and up county ever since.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on December 03, 2017, 09:12:29 am

Hash slingin, ankle biter for sure!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Lions84

businesstron

Congrats Greenwood.

NLR number 1 overall but not by a bunch.  Bentonville #2.   Both would probably beat Greenwood in close games.  6a overall was weaker in my opinion.  7a was down as well but stronger overall than than any other class in the state. If i made a top 10 it'd have at least 6 7a teams, PA, Greenwood and then it's a discussion for the final two teams....maybe Warren and PB.   

AHS06

Quote from: businesstron on December 04, 2017, 12:00:20 pm
Congrats Greenwood.

NLR number 1 overall but not by a bunch.  Bentonville #2.   Both would probably beat Greenwood in close games.  6a overall was weaker in my opinion.  7a was down as well but stronger overall than than any other class in the state. If i made a top 10 it'd have at least 6 7a teams, PA, Greenwood and then it's a discussion for the final two teams....maybe Warren and PB.
6 7A teams wow!

Pr8hd

December 04, 2017, 01:13:31 pm #45 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:08:21 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: businesstron on December 04, 2017, 12:00:20 pm
Congrats Greenwood.

It's pretty cool that we had one of the stars of  HBO's new documentary "Meth Storm" stop by and put his expert opinion in here. Maybe, you care to elaborate how you came to deduce this Heisenberg other than your brilliant theory of  7A uber alles and 6A weak?

The two 7A teams I watched on Sat. were no juggernauts by a long stretch.

Plus, based on your post history, I'd say it was safe to say you have "wood" envy it looks like since you have been biased against GW a lot.

7AFBFAN

I think GW and NLR would be a good game. I would have a hard time discrediting NLR with the athletes I saw on their team. Two great teams for sure. I remember not so long ago the cycle ran through NLR where they had down years so don't think it can't happen to anyone.

High Voltage

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2017, 06:57:30 pm
GW vs PA...GW +20

GW vs NLR...EVEN

2)  I like the size NLR has in their secondary but I don't think it helps in stopping or slowing down GW's offense.
5)  Conner Nolan

Interesting take, thanks for sharing.

Pr8hd

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 02, 2017, 09:30:39 pm
I don't know how anyone can surmise that NLR is clearly the #1 team in the state after that 7A game where frankly they both looked slightly better than average really-  yet in addition go on to second guess who should be #2.   
Did PB look average to you or way above average? It sounds like you would have GW number 1 and that is very understandable. Curious where would you have NLR and Bennie since they are average? Above or below PB?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas