• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odds of Rivercrest playing Osceola at War Memorial?

Started by Coltfan2005, November 24, 2017, 09:10:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

jjsmith

May the odds be in our favor!
Although beating Osceola twice will be a daunting task

Coltfan2005

HeadBussa08

501Arkansas

Ill love to see that. We have a tough pne next week against Junction city

Coltfan2005

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: jjsmith on November 24, 2017, 09:12:06 pm
May the odds be in our favor!
Although beating Osceola twice will be a daunting task
It can be done. In 1995 Prescott beat Nashville in the regular season for the district championship and beat them a second time for the state championship.

Rulesman

That would be one of the best things to happen for NEA football in a long time. Would be one of the better crowds, too.

ea cat

Sick Dog

Actually it is a 25% chance. Just like the same chance JC and the Owls have.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 25, 2017, 08:02:12 pm
Actually it is a 25% chance. Just like the same chance JC and the Owls have.
That would assume that all four teams are equal. By your reasoning, Harvard would have a 50-50 chance of beating Alabama. Or Auburn. Everyone knows that just isn't so.

Ghost of Colts52

Somewhere around 85% is where I would have it. But it's subjective and I am
Biased

Sick Dog

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2017, 03:38:47 pm
That would assume that all four teams are equal. By your reasoning, Harvard would have a 50-50 chance of beating Alabama. Or Auburn. Everyone knows that just isn't so.

These 4 teams are as equal as it gets. If a team with a 4 or 5 wins then no it wouldn't be. Either of these teams can win this friday night and it would not be an upset.

ISU7

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 26, 2017, 07:28:38 pm
These 4 teams are as equal as it gets. If a team with a 4 or 5 wins then no it wouldn't be. Either of these teams can win this friday night and it would not be an upset.
+1

adaptedtigerfan

Bout as good as Lloyd Christmas and Mary Swanson getting married. 😳😳

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 26, 2017, 05:06:00 pm
Somewhere around 85% is where I would have it. But it’s subjective and I am
Biased
So what would the odds be?

adaptedtigerfan

nomorewhining

Ghost of Colts52

Nomad1324

I'll say this, these teams have played hard to get here. We can argue draw all day long, but the fact of the matter is that all four had to win the games. So many others may have been predicted to do so and didn't get here.

My hope, being a NE Arkansas guy, is that both Osceola and Rivercrest make the finals. Will it happen? Maybe. Both teams must play sound football against two really good opponents. I watched Junction City come to the Cotton Patch last year on a sloppy track and both teams just slugged away at each other. I watched the McGehee film against Newport from this postseason, and they are a team to be reckoned with as well. No telling how this goes, but I will say this, I'm not sure any of these teams has an athletic advantage. These are four of the most athletic teams in the state, and not just 3A.

It's going to be a shame that any of these teams have to lose, but it just so happens to be the way it has to be.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 29, 2017, 10:08:06 pm
I'll say this, these teams have played hard to get here. We can argue draw all day long, but the fact of the matter is that all four had to win the games. So many others may have been predicted to do so and didn't get here.

My hope, being a NE Arkansas guy, is that both Osceola and Rivercrest make the finals. Will it happen? Maybe. Both teams must play sound football against two really good opponents. I watched Junction City come to the Cotton Patch last year on a sloppy track and both teams just slugged away at each other. I watched the McGehee film against Newport from this postseason, and they are a team to be reckoned with as well. No telling how this goes, but I will say this, I'm not sure any of these teams has an athletic advantage. These are four of the most athletic teams in the state, and not just 3A.

It's going to be a shame that any of these teams have to lose, but it just so happens to be the way it has to be.
Well said, there are a lot of teams that would love to be playing Friday.

Paperman

I said I thought they would play for it all right after the Colts won in Week 10! Four absolutely tough teams left standing! We could have two Classic games Friday night in Wilson and JC! Wish I could watch them both live!

thabeast428

DSN is suppose to be streaming and got something new to help make the quality better. Said past couple games over a thousand people were connected to the WiFi so thinking that didn't help either

Moose

Coltfan2005

jjsmith

Is the championship game Friday night at 6:30?
Trying to get work schedule updated.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: jjsmith on November 30, 2017, 04:05:38 pm
Is the championship game Friday night at 6:30?
Trying to get work schedule updated.

Moose

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: bootlegger on December 01, 2017, 09:20:07 am
the bracket on this website says the game is 6:30
I went by what Cal Preps said.
Games usually always start on :00 not :30

OB11

Quote from: bootlegger on December 01, 2017, 09:20:07 am
the bracket on this website says the game is 6:30

Did you look at the MaxPreps bracket? I could have sworn it said 7 when I looked the other day.

thabeast428

Maverick

Rulesman

Friday finals start at 7:00. Saturday finals are at noon and 6:30. Been this way for years.  ::)

bleudog

Coltfan2005

CoolBreeze

Coltfan2005

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas