• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge @ Booneville (3rd round)

Started by POTUS, November 17, 2017, 09:26:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

POTUS

Who wins these two's second match up of the year?

POTUS

I think it'll differ from the first match up where Pea Ridge fell behind 18 points and had to claw their way back, and Pea Ridge will come out hot and stay hot.

Rugman15

Pea Ridge is playing like they are out to prove something while Booneville is definilty looking for payback.  This will be a close game that I see pea ridge winning by 3-7 points.  My prediction later next week...

RyanLR

Holding Nashville to 21 points is impressive by the Bearcats. I'm picking Booneville in a minor upset in this rematch, 28-24.

Bigbossman

PGTIGERS09

prHOG13

got out of there tonight fairly unscathed... need to get healthy for another physical rematch against Booneville. We've beaten Hamburg 3x in a year, and we'll go for #3 against Booneville in the last two years. It's going to be tough to come out on top in this one, but I like our chances with a full weeks rest this go round.

Congrats to the Bearcats on taking down Nashville. Looking forward to another great game

elmerfudd

OLDSCHOOL82

U sure big boss man?  Will post on this more later.  Glad for the rematch! 

beach bum

POTUS

AtmaVegeta

November 18, 2017, 09:01:14 am #11 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:05:39 am by AtmaVegeta
Ready for this rematch.  Graduated Booneville, lived in Pea Ridge 8 years (just moved to Bentonville).  Should be a fun game.  Hopefully we can get some revenge for the last two games.  Also now I have no excuse to not go down to the families for Thanksgiving. :)

My heart says 21-20 Booneville.  (My head says Pea Ridge wins).

Mr.Fridaynight11

Lizard47

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 17, 2017, 10:36:13 pm
That's what Dardanelle thought.

True, true. This Booneville team seems to just do whatever they have to to win. We stopped their run for the most part and they still found a way to get it done. This will be a close game, maybe by 1-3 points and I think Booneville will find a way to win it.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 18, 2017, 10:25:32 am
True, true. This Booneville team seems to just do whatever they have to to win. We stopped their run for the most part and they still found a way to get it done. This will be a close game, maybe by 1-3 points and I think Booneville will find a way to win it.

I know I use them a lot as an example, but no disrespect at all. Lizards did a heck of a job and made us work extra hard for points.

BearcatPride96

This is a typical Booneville team that dominates the line of scrimmage and just leans on you abd wears you down. While this may not be a cintage Bearcats team, they're really good and won last night in spite of a number of uncharacteristic false start penalties. I've watched Bearcats football for almost 40 years and I'm not sure I've ever seen a more athletic, heady play than Noah Reyes' one-handed interception on that screen pass. Amazing play by an amazing player.

dukes424

Here we go again should be a good one. I'm going with my Hawks 28 - 17. The drive and the stadium atmosphere at Booneville is one of my favorites.

RZback

Repeat of earlier in the season.  I would never say Booneville cannot win but even with the home field advantage it will be uphill.  The first game was in Booneville and they didn't get it done after a very slow start by the Blackhawks.  If PR is on its game early, it may be a very long night for Booneville.

elmerfudd

If there is one thing for certain, it's Booneville has not improved whatsoever since game one. And our coaches will surely use the exact game plan they tried in the first matchup against Pea Ridge because, darnit, it almost worked. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope Pea Ridge eats too much turkey on Thursday, so that the Bearcats will have a fighting chance.

Rugman15

The big thing for me is that Booneville doesn't have a good passing game, which is how you move the ball against pea ridge.  This matchup definilty favors pea ridge but Booneville has the defense to make this a great game...

gold45

Would love to be there in person for this rematch.  Booneville has something to prove and this team has a lot of fight in them.  This will be a close one but the Cats find a way to win.  Booneville 24 PR 21

elmerfudd

November 19, 2017, 12:01:16 pm #21 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:22:35 pm by elmerfudd
Quote from: Rugman15 on November 19, 2017, 10:14:40 am
The big thing for me is that Booneville doesn't have a good passing game, which is how you move the ball against pea ridge.  This matchup definilty favors pea ridge but Booneville has the defense to make this a great game...

Define "good passing game". Because if you're comparing to a Pea Ridge, Nashville, or Warren, then of course we don't have a good passing game. We never have.
However, I'm not sure what the season record for passing yards is at Booneville, but Ulmer has about 800 yards on the season and that's up there. Pitiful in comparison, but when has Booneville ever had a good passing game?

OLDSCHOOL82

Yep...poor passing game.  Stack the box and don't worry about a pass bub!!

Lizard47

Its not how much you pass, its how successful that pass is when you do use it. I think Booneville has a firm grasp on that philosophy and they get the most out of what passing they do.

prHOG13

go ahead and pass on us... we'll be perfectly happy with that

Blue Bayou

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 19, 2017, 01:38:27 pm
go ahead and pass on us... we'll be perfectly happy with that
I agree! No. 10 needs a few more picks.

nastynice

Still enjoying our victory against Nashville right now but I will start bumping my gums later in the week.

Booneville is now 5-4 against Nashville and 2-1 against Warren. How many 4a teams can say they have a winning record against those 2 teams?  Very proud of our young team and rich tradition here in Booneville.

elmerfudd

Quote from: nastynice on November 19, 2017, 06:54:55 pm
Still enjoying our victory against Nashville right now but I will start bumping my gums later in the week.

Booneville is now 5-4 against Nashville and 2-1 against Warren. How many 4a teams can say they have a winning record against those 2 teams?  Very proud of our young team and rich tradition here in Booneville.

I'm glad we took care of that Nashville series before we dropped back to 3A. We may never get a chance to play them again.

On a similar note, maybe we should revisit the 4A every now and then, because we seem to play with an extra chip on our shoulder when we know we're about to drop down to a lower classification. Last time, it led to a 15-0 championship season.

Chief_Osceola™

True blueblood program.

OLDSCHOOL82

Always a blessing for our boys to be playing after turkey day.  Its my second favorite week of football...First is the finals of course!!

AirWarren

Booneville quietly making a run in the playoffs.

A dangerous team is one that is good and goes unnoticed.

elmerfudd

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2017, 10:39:10 am
Booneville quietly making a run in the playoffs.

A dangerous team is one that is good and goes unnoticed.

Spoken by someone who knows from experience. That's the way we like it.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 20, 2017, 10:31:16 am
Always a blessing for our boys to be playing after turkey day.  Its my second favorite week of football...First is the finals of course!!
I've always heard that if you're practicing on thanksgiving, it's been a good season! :)

STUNNA

What other time has Boonville/Warren faced off besides title games? Having a hard time thinking of a third game.. lol

nastynice

98 or 99 maybe in Booneville. OLDSCHOOL82 will definitely remember.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: nastynice on November 20, 2017, 12:18:30 pm
98 or 99 maybe in Booneville. OLDSCHOOL82 will definitely remember.

They played each other in a first round game - that time period sounds about right.  I think it was Coach Hembree's first or second year as Warren's head coach.

STUNNA

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 20, 2017, 12:29:29 pm
They played each other in a first round game - that time period sounds about right.  I think it was Coach Hembree's first or second year as Warren's head coach.

It would have been before the Hembree era

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2017, 12:31:38 pm
It would have been before the Hembree era

It wasn't.  I was at the game with his parents and one of his brothers.  It may have been more recent, but he was definitely the head coach.

STUNNA

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 20, 2017, 12:34:29 pm
It wasn't.  I was at the game with his parents and one of his brothers.  It may have been more recent, but he was definitely the head coach.

His first year playoff loss was to Ozark.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2017, 12:35:27 pm
His first year playoff loss was to Ozark.

In that case it was his second year.  I don't follow Warren that closely, but I absolutely remember the game in question.

nastynice

November 20, 2017, 12:49:37 pm #41 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:54:30 pm by nastynice

STUNNA

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 20, 2017, 12:38:22 pm
In that case it was his second year.  I don't follow Warren that closely, but I absolutely remember the game in question.

Second year they won state. Could have been playoffs in his first year as OC

Gray lizard

Go Bearcats the 4-4A is pulling for you.  Keep plowing and throwing when you want to.

OLDSCHOOL82

November 20, 2017, 01:04:34 pm #44 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:06:17 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2017, 12:13:42 pm
What other time has Boonville/Warren faced off besides title games? Having a hard time thinking of a third game.. lol

Round 2 of 99.  If I remember correctly Booneville had 3 scores on the board within a minute or 2. It was a blowout game.  Booneville was supposed to be to slow to be able to stay on the field with all the speed!

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 20, 2017, 12:38:22 pm

It was when he was an OC. Booneville killed us in 1999.

The year before it was Alma.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2017, 01:07:19 pm

When did he become the head coach?  I didn't realize he was only the OC at that time.  I remember the game pretty well, but guess I had that detail wrong.  I think maybe that I was thinking he was the HC because his folks were at the game.  It's a bit of a drive from Malvern to Booneville.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 20, 2017, 01:15:19 pm
When did he become the head coach?  I didn't realize he was only the OC at that time.  I remember the game pretty well, but guess I had that detail wrong.  I think maybe that I was thinking he was the HC because his folks were at the game.  It's a bit of a drive from Malvern to Booneville.

Pretty sure he became HC after that game!  With the 2000 football season his first.

nastynice

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2017, 01:07:19 pm

Warren got pay back 24 1/2 months later.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 20, 2017, 01:15:19 pm

Maybe it was 1998.

His first quarterback was McClain and he graduated in 2000. So yes, Bo's first year as head coach was the 1999 season.

Booneville, Alma and ozark crushed us in back to back to back years in the late 90s.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas