• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2 Southside vs. Arkadelphia

Started by SouthernerPride, November 11, 2017, 11:31:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernerPride

Just saw where AAA released a statement that the HWH/Arky game will not be played and Arky will advance. Sad situation for the cougars of Helena, especially their seniors.. but glad nobody is seriously hurt. That is most important.

Arkadelphia brings to Southside the #1 defense in the state in regards to points allowed, Southside sits at #3, all regardless of classification. Southside puts together a very balanced offense with RB Brayden Duncan and duel threat QB Koby Rich. The defense is fast, smart, and will ring your bell. The secondary is full of ballhawks and ranks #2 in the state in INT's with 19 on the year.

Southside is not the biggest, fastest, or most talented, but as coach Kenny Simpson said last night, you will be hard pressed to find any group of kids who works as hard as these do. There are no more easy outs.. This will without a doubt be one of the best games of Round 2.

beach bum

Arkadelphia lay off could be a bad thing ultimately.... Maybe they come out a little rusty. Also, the 2-4A put out a good showing in round one which leads me to believe that Arkadelphia will still win this game with better athletes across the board, but I am going to say its a lot closer than I originally anticipated. I seriously thought this would be a mercy rule a couple weeks ago...... Now I'll go Badgers win 35-20

RyanLR

Sad situation all around for HWH. Southerner are there any comparisons to last years SS Batesville team? What are the major differences? The Badgers are night and day from their team last year.

SouthernerPride

November 11, 2017, 05:13:52 pm #3 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:16:40 pm by SouthernerPride
Quote from: RyanLR on November 11, 2017, 12:38:16 pm
Sad situation all around for HWH. Southerner are there any comparisons to last years SS Batesville team? What are the major differences? The Badgers are night and day from their team last year.
differences: faster, more athletic, smarter, knows how to win, quality depth, 110% effort until the final buzzer, better on special teams, better leadership.

I'd say this years team isn't night and day different, just more complete. Offense is more balanced. Defense is faster and looks to create turnovers. last year we struggled with playing down to opponents we should have blown out, this year we will play within our game plan all game, regardless. Even against Heber when we were playing against 11 and the zebras, I've yet to see these kids lose their marbles. You can't shake them. They play with a huge chip on their shoulders. We are no longer the whipping post, but instead the one doing the whipping. For years they have been talked down, and they are tired of it. They know how good they are and how hard they've worked to get where they have been. They will continue to do the same, and hopefully keep winning.

I've been looking forward to this game since the brackets were announced.
Any Arky posters care to share more about this years Arky team?

Jsmith48

Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 11, 2017, 05:13:52 pm
differences: faster, more athletic, smarter, knows how to win, quality depth, 110% effort until the final buzzer, better on special teams, better leadership.

I'd say this years team isn't night and day different, just more complete. Offense is more balanced. Defense is faster and looks to create turnovers. last year we struggled with playing down to opponents we should have blown out, this year we will play within our game plan all game, regardless. Even against Heber when we were playing against 11 and the zebras, I've yet to see these kids lose their marbles. You can't shake them. They play with a huge chip on their shoulders. We are no longer the whipping post, but instead the one doing the whipping. For years they have been talked down, and they are tired of it. They know how good they are and how hard they've worked to get where they have been. They will continue to do the same, and hopefully keep winning.

I've been looking forward to this game since the brackets were announced.
Any Arky posters care to share more about this years Arky team?

Same as above for Arky. These seniors had to carry the load last year across the board and many weren't ready. They are now. They play well together and communicate on the field. I tend to think they may have an edge as far as having played a slightly tougher schedule though. Should be a great game. Not sure how what's turned out to be a bye week will affect them though. We will see!

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Jsmith48 on November 11, 2017, 05:57:32 pm
Same as above for Arky. These seniors had to carry the load last year across the board and many weren't ready. They are now. They play well together and communicate on the field. I tend to think they may have an edge as far as having played a slightly tougher schedule though. Should be a great game. Not sure how what's turned out to be a bye week will affect them though. We will see!
this is the tell all be all of a successful high school team. Looks like we are in for a good one in 6 days!

snap crackle

Good season Southside. See ya next year.

arklasports57

All I know is this is the game I wanna see. Hoping for a good one and also for a victory but it's gonna be a close game.  I give Southside much respect!!!  Question. Hotels/motels in the areasomeone can recommend?

PiratePride03

There's only 3 or 4.  The Holiday Inn is not bad.   That's usually where we stay when we go up there.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: arklasports57 on November 11, 2017, 08:26:08 pm
All I know is this is the game I wanna see. Hoping for a good one and also for a victory but it's gonna be a close game.  I give Southside much respect!!!  Question. Hotels/motels in the areasomeone can recommend?

Drive 30 minutes back to Searcy, plenty of hotels there.

RyanLR

Other than two amazing runs by Caezar Warren and a halfback pass, Robinson could do nothing on offense against Arkadelphia. They are ball hawks on defense. Their secondary is fast and athletic. Their front seven is about as good as anyone in the state, and they rotate a lot of guys in that D-line to stay fresh. Really disciplined overall. Offensively they're about 70-30 run/pass. Obviously I didn't get to see them with Hatley, but that QB Cannon is a physical runner and an accurate passer. Quick O-line that plays their keys very well even against a defense as athletic as Robinson's. Solid special teams. They don't make many mistakes.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: arklasports57 on November 11, 2017, 08:26:08 pm
Holiday Inn is the best you're gonna get in Batesville. Ramada is decent if you're into pinching pennies. Super 8 always keeps the light on for ya. But also might keep a roach or two in the bed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas