• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier @ Nettleton

Started by MrShakezzzz2014, November 10, 2017, 10:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrShakezzzz2014

Who wins and why? Im going with Nettleton by 14 because of that home field advantage!

j-mann raider 02

nettletlon by 7   

i think wynne is going to the state final   

MrShakezzzz2014

I don't know too much about Greenbrier but I heard that their defense is suspect? How true is that statement and what are the strengths and weaknesses?

InYoGrill

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on November 10, 2017, 10:10:57 pm
I don't know too much about Greenbrier but I heard that their defense is suspect? How true is that statement and what are the strengths and weaknesses?

Yes, suspect D but they will outscore N.

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 10:12:36 pm
nettletlon def makes big  plays  in key monets  tonight a block fg  and a int    in week 5 aga bly  a goal line stop   i think home field is plob a 3-7  swing   

can greenbriner  put up 40   because J Turner  is a star at rb     but this shouild be the best 5a matchup  in the 2nd round     

woopork

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 10:12:36 pm

Their D was t suspect verse Harrison. If they show up like that, they are dirty.

j-mann raider 02

best case for Net   

38-28 raiders 

worst case 
45-35 greenbrier   

pantherblue

Greenbrier's suspect D held Camden Fairview to a season low point total.

MDXPHD

November 11, 2017, 06:18:54 am #8 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:20:27 am by MDXPHD
Weakest game of the week here. Neither will have a chance the next round.

pantherblue

Maybe not but over 20 other teams would love to be playing next week.

MDXPHD

Quote from: pantherblue on November 11, 2017, 06:37:27 am
Maybe not but over 20 other teams would love to be playing next week.

And you could very well sneak into the semis. Nettleton isn't overly impressive.

Raider2011

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 06:39:28 am
And you could very well sneak into the semis. Nettleton isn't overly impressive.
you sure have made that clear all year

incogneto

I think Nettleton probably has the better group of kids but I think Tribble and Stone as well as Greenbrier have the experience edge.  I am going with Greenbrier. 

A D M

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 06:18:54 am
Weakest game of the week here. Neither will have a chance the next round.
The only team that Nettleton has lost too is the team that beat LRC which all I've heard on here is how LRC is the second best team in the 5A. Oh well we like being the underdogs.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: A D M on November 11, 2017, 09:49:20 am
The only team that Nettleton has lost too is the team that beat LRC which all I've heard on here is how LRC is the second best team in the 5A. Oh well we like being the underdogs.

You barely beat a 4 seed at home. Enjoy the ride. It's over shortly.

Yellowcake

Intelligentsia

While I want to see Nettleton win, and believe they will, if Greenbrier gets the "W", I won't be sad.   This, primarily, penance for the good natured abuse I've dealt "pantherblue" in past Pioneer/Panther matchups. 

Overdahill

So if Nettleton and PA both win, then as two #1 seeds PA has a road game; therefore, I'm picking Brier  ;D

A D M

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on November 11, 2017, 11:10:25 pm
You barely beat a 4 seed at home. Enjoy the ride. It's over shortly.
A win is a win. We will win this week which will give us one more week. We will worry about next week when it gets here.

pantherblue

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2017, 07:33:36 am
While I want to see Nettleton win, and believe they will, if Greenbrier gets the "W", I won't be sad.   This, primarily, penance for the good natured abuse I've dealt "pantherblue" in past Pioneer/Panther matchups.

Yes, you did whip us a couple years in a row!!!  Wish we could have met up this year   ;)

PA Dad

There's not much chatter about this game.

I'm with Overdahill on this one.  Assuming we get past Harrison (which is a big assumption) I'd like to be at home for the semis.  Greenbrier by 7.

walkingguy72396

Not much chatter, Greenbrier does not seem to have the fire power that Sylvan Hills showed this year.
Nettleton 35 Greenbrier 21

the voice

Greenbrier is not flashy or gonna wow you with athletic players. They are well coached by a coach who knows how to play to his teams strengths. Greenbrier will play fundamentally sound defense and on offense to expect a sound game plan that will find nettletons weakness. Expect a heavy dose of their running back who isn't flashy but is a very strong runner and is difficult to tackle. Their better than SH I'd say and better coached. Greenbrier 34 nettleton 27

Devil Dog 17

I agree that this should be a good game.  I like the Panthers pulling out a W on the road 38-35.

South 45

I simply can't bring myself to openly support Greenbrier... ;) ;) ;) Sooo, I'll just say Go West!!!

Rick Swines

Steve Perry 2.11

Prediction: If Spencer Sutterfield gets hurt, Nettleton will win by as many as they want to.  He will carry the ball about 25 times and make about 10-12 solo tackles. Around 15 total.

He also drives the bus and tapes ankles.

InYoGrill

Quote from: South 45 on November 14, 2017, 11:55:25 am
I simply can't bring myself to openly support Greenbrier... ;) ;) ;) Sooo, I'll just say Go West!!!

I know what you mean.  ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

This should be a good game But I think nettleton gets the win.

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2017, 04:24:11 pm
I know what you mean.  ;D

Don't be haters just because they beat ya'll    lol

pantherblue

Funny coming from a team that scored 0 Zero points against Wynne   lol

Raider2011

Quote from: pantherblue on November 15, 2017, 09:01:10 am
Funny coming from a team that scored 0 Zero points against Wynne   lol
I'm no genius but I don't think Wynne is spelled Greenbrier...shut them out Friday and then bring up scoring 0...

pantherblue

Quote from: Raider2011 on November 15, 2017, 09:29:44 am
I'm no genius but I don't think Wynne is spelled Greenbrier...shut them out Friday and then bring up scoring 0...

Greenbrier was not kept scoreless in a game this year   lol        They may not hold them to 0 but I can guarantee it will be a close game...

Raider2011

Quote from: pantherblue on November 15, 2017, 09:40:57 am
Greenbrier was not kept scoreless in a game this year   lol        They may not hold them to 0 but I can guarantee it will be a close game...
safe travels and Goodluck Friday hope it's a good one

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: the voice on November 13, 2017, 10:08:18 pm
Greenbrier is not flashy or gonna wow you with athletic players. They are well coached by a coach who knows how to play to his teams strengths. Greenbrier will play fundamentally sound defense and on offense to expect a sound game plan that will find nettletons weakness. Expect a heavy dose of their running back who isn’t flashy but is a very strong runner and is difficult to tackle. Their better than SH I’d say and better coached. Greenbrier 34 nettleton 27

This is pretty much spot on.  Greenbrier is a frustrating team for opponents.  Their QB makes good, quick decisions and they mix up the run/pass pretty well.  The receivers run good sharp routes and always seem to find soft spots to sit in.  The defense is also fundamentally sound.  They don't get out of position a lot.

walkingguy72396

Seems as if Nettleton is not getting any respect after the 27-0 loss to Wynne and just barely escaping Sylvan Hills.

Maybe they get it back tomorrow night. 

I think Sylvan Hills was a 4 seed in name only.  They gave the central 2 seed all they could handle.
Timely Wynne interception to preserve the shut out. 

Nettleton gets back on track 35-21.

bbfan89

If Nettleton starts slow as they have recently they may not recover. This is the last chance for another win this year with PA waiting in the wings.

A D M

Geeenbriar get ready for that long ride home.

Go Postal

Good luck tonight Ol' Blue Kitty Cats!
GO PANTHERS!

bobcat81

Quote from: A D M on November 17, 2017, 02:43:37 pm
Geeenbriar brier get ready for that long ride home.
Won't be too bad after the win.

InYoGrill

Where you at Blue? Get on here and show your panther pride.  ::)

pantherblue

Always around lol.   Go blue!!

InYoGrill

Blue, them kittens are clawing aren't they? Keep it up. Bring that W for the West!

pantherblue

A D M

Quote from: bobcat81 on November 17, 2017, 06:53:28 pm
Won't be too bad after the win.
I have to say your qb is slinging the ball around very well in this wind but there is a lot of game left to play.

pantherblue

hogrock

InYoGrill

MrShakezzzz2014

j-mann raider 02

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas