• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Veteran's Day

Started by Go Postal, November 07, 2017, 07:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

November 07, 2017, 07:42:01 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:50:19 pm by Go Postal
I thought it would be appropriate for us to take a moment to honor those of us that has served and still serve our country by having fearlessfriday posters put their avatar name, list their branch of service and anything other they want to put down.  I salute you my brothers and sisters in arms.

Go Postal
US Navy
Personnelman 3rd Class Petty Officer
1978-1982
Blue-nosed Shellback (crossed the Arctic Circle and the Equator)
14 countries, Caribbbean Sea, Arctic Circle, Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Indian Ocean and was the farthest distance traveled from Virginia, around the southern tip of Africa to Singapore.  Which was also our longest time at sea of 8 months with only 5 days on land during the Naval support off the coast of Iran during the 1980 American hostage situation. 
Naval support during 1982 evacuation of Beirut.

Newest Carrier in the Fleet at the time
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN 69

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 07:42:01 pm
I thought it would be appropriate for us to take a moment to honor those of us that has served and still serve our country by having fearlessfriday posters put their avatar name, list their branch of service and anything other they want to put down.  I salute you my brothers and sisters in arms.

Go Postal
US Navy
1978-1982
14 countries, Caribbbean Sea, Arctic Circle, Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Indian Ocean and was the farthest distance traveled from Virginia, around the southern tip of Africa to Singapore.  Which was also our longest time at sea of 8 months with only 5 days on land during the Naval support off the coast of Iran during the 1980 American hostage situation. 

I worked in Kuwait from 1978-1980 and we were sure glad you Navy folks were in the area! Thanks!

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 07:42:01 pm

Go Postal
US Navy
1978-1982

I have great respect for our veterans.  A sincere thanks for your service.

JessieP

A massive heartfelt Thank you to you personally and to all who have served. Forget what happens on the football field, the real hero's wear military uniforms.

Hoghead2

AMEC (AW) Retired Chief Petty Officer
1977-1998
FIGHTER Squadrons 103, 43, 31, 33, 101and 84 at Naval Air Station Oceana Virginia. Training Squadron 4 at Pensacola Naval Air Station,  AME "A" School Course Supervisor and Leading Chief Petty Officer 1995-98 Millington TN and Pensacola Florida. 
F-4 Phantoms, A-4 Skyhawks, T-2 Buckeyes F-14 Tomcat
5 deployments to the Mediterranean, Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf aboard the Aircraft Carriers  Saratoga, Forrestal and America

PA Dad

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 07, 2017, 08:36:07 pm
AMEC (AW) Retired Chief Petty Officer
1977-1998
FIGHTER Squadrons 103, 43, 31, 33, 101and 84 at Naval Air Station Oceana Virginia. Training Squadron 4 at Pensacola Naval Air Station,  AME "A" School Course Supervisor and Leading Chief Petty Officer 1995-98 Millington TN and Pensacola Florida. 
F-4 Phantoms, A-4 Skyhawks, T-2 Buckeyes F-14 Tomcat
5 deployments to the Mediterranean, Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf aboard the Aircraft Carriers  Saratoga, Forrestal and America

Many thanks for your service.

I have an old partner who was in the Navy.  He asked if i knew the difference in a fairy tale and a sea tale.  He said a fairy tale begins "once upon a time" while a sea tale begins "now this ain't no sh**."

walkingguy72396

My a** rode in navy equipment, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Turkey, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Phillipines.

LST's Saginaw, Manitowac, LPH Guadacanal, LHA Peleliu.

If only they had maid service.

MrShakezzzz2014

MrShakezzzz2014
United States Marine Corps
2015 - Present
Lance Corporal / E3
Currently serving a 24 month unaccompanied tour in Okinawa Japan.

I think I can safely speak for all of my brothers and sisters in arms when I say, we greatly appreciate the support of all of you! Semper Fi

PA Dad

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on November 07, 2017, 09:12:20 pm
MrShakezzzz2014
United States Marine Corps
2015 - Present
Lance Corporal / E3
Currently serving a 24 month unaccompanied tour in Okinawa Japan.

I think I can safely speak for all of my brothers and sisters in arms when I say, we greatly appreciate the support of all of you! Semper Fi

Semper Fi.  Many thanks for your service.

walkingguy72396

Wow 24 months Mr,Shakezz. 

Reminds me of a Gunnery Sgt.  Kept putting paper work to change his 12 month unaccompanied tour of Okinawa to a 3 year accompanied tour.  He sure did throw a fit when his orders for a 3 year tour came through about 2 weeks before he was suppose to rotate.

PA Dad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 07, 2017, 09:03:43 pm
My a** rode in navy equipment, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Turkey, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Phillipines.

Sounds like you need to travel more.

Thanks for your service.

incogneto

To all of you gentleman, thank you for your service. 

Go Postal

November 07, 2017, 10:18:22 pm #12 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:20:58 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 07, 2017, 09:03:43 pm

I like the way you spelled Marine.  It's true.
We had 70 of them on the carrier with around 6000 squids.

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 10:18:22 pm

I went through jump school with some Marine Recons,  They were crazy tough.  We'd finish a ten mile run and everyone was exhausted and the Recons would plead to run more.  Marines are some of the toughest SOB's I've ever encountered.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 10:18:22 pm
[/quote
My  Great Uncle took part in the battle of midway,
My Uncle was a Sea Going Bell Hop on the Midway. I was chewed out by the Skipper of the Midway at NAS Cubi PT.  I said his wife was not a flag officer and she'll be processed in country with the rest of the flight.  Admiral whats his face disagreed,  Should of cut the phone line.

But I have not been in a movie with Kevin Bacon

RazorDad

Thank you all for your service.

AF Intelligence, PH recipient here. Would not trade my service for anything, made me a much better man, husband and father, and made me appreciate how great and special our country really is.

Coach Jones

MSgt USAF/Arkansas ANG  1995-2016
Saudi 2001
Iraq 2003
Afghanistan 2010

Maynard G Krebs

Thanks to all our veterans.

proud_dad

Proud Dad
US Army
1998-2010

Much love and respect for my brothers and sisters in arms.

InYoGrill

Nice thread start Posty!

USAF 87-90, Nuclear weapons loader on B-52's. Alert pad duty during Soviet Union Cold War. Trained like mad dogs to punch old Russia in the throat if needed. Glad it didn't happen. Strength and Deterrence wins wars that hopefully are never fought!

91- Present, Air National Guard E-8 and current First Sgt for my MQ-9 Reaper drone unit. Worked on F16, A10, C130, C141,and C5's. Deployed to Balad, Iraq 2005 and Ali Al Salem, Kuwait 2016-2017.

Would like to say thank you and ultimate respect to all the veterans on the FF board and throughout our country! Also don't forget about all the wonderful supportive spouses and children who sacrifice along side us veterans. They sacrifice a lot as well!

I salute! I stand! I pledge allegiance! Respect America and Old Glory 4Eva!

AT

Thank you to the men and women on these forums who have served. I wasn't brave enough to do to choose to do it and it is something I have the utmost respect for. The real heroes.

RamFan06

Thank you all for your service. Without you and those like you we would not have the freedom to argue about a game we all love!

I did not serve, one of the few regrets in life. My Father served in Vietnam and my Grandfather in WW2 and Korea.

Again Thank You!

Deuceswild

There's no jersey to put on, there's no crowd cheering where you can hear them, there's very little room for mistakes and when your number is called upon, you find it inside of you to fight for your family, your brothers and your country. I am honored just to be able to be a part of your friendly fire back home. Thank you all for all of my families freedom and security. We are HONORED to be associated with all of you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas