• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma vs. White Hall

Started by AT, November 05, 2017, 07:47:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

This will be a good 1 v 4 matchup. Alma lost a big game while White Hall won a big game. 1 vs 4 but the momentum may make it feel the opposite.

These two teams have played before in the playoffs and it came down to a 2 point conversion.

Alma's strengths are the 2nd half

Alma's weaknesses are the 1st half

MDXPHD

Is it really a 1v4 matchup? Or is it a 4 v 4?

I don't think white hall has what it takes. Alma by 2 scores.

Overdahill

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:49:16 am

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:57:42 am
Ehh, that's debatable.

Oh no I'm not debating the undebatable. Just counting

PA Dad

I think Alma wins this one fairly easily.

razorcardsfan11

Alma wins by at least 2 scores unless they let the game from last week mess with their heads this week

redsport27

I remember the previous meeting between the two. It was a really good game. However, this is a different year with two different teams. Alma is the favorite. White Hall would have to execute on almost every drive and get crucial stops on defense to have a chance. I love the Dogs but this one will be a toughie. I take Alma but White Hall will give some fits.

Alma 37, White Hall 24

Deuceswild

Absolut

Hey White Hall just pretend like Alma is Watson Chapel and their colors are black and gold. You just may pull it out if you do!

incogneto

Alma is not the Alma I am used to but I still like them over White Hall.

Youngsta71701

Bulldogfan44

The Future

P.F.G.

Alma by 10. With our slow starts I'm not really confident though.

High Voltage

Don't know enough about either but I hope Alma wins.

Go Postal

Alma does start slow and is 1 polint better than Harrison, so Airedales by a lot.

AIREDALE25

If Alma can actually play the first half they will win! 35-21

Almahasbeen

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 07:49:16 am

It's crap like this comment that makes me avoid these boards. Alma by 10

High Voltage

Quote from: Almahasbeen on November 06, 2017, 10:59:43 am
Well, he is from PA ya know.

Almahasbeen

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almahasbeen on November 06, 2017, 10:59:43 am

You west fans are sensitive. Avoid the boards if you choose to, nobody is forcing you to read them.

Quote from: High Voltage on November 06, 2017, 11:05:11 am

Well, that's wrong.

Go Postal

I thought it was hilarious for smack talk.  This is the playoffs you know.

....And he's a easterner.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on November 06, 2017, 11:45:39 am

Thanks postal. You westerners have a few good posters, I guess.

High Voltage

Quote from: Go Postal on November 06, 2017, 11:45:39 am

Then that really does explain it...

PA Dad

Quote from: High Voltage on November 06, 2017, 11:05:11 am

That's pretty funny.  He is probably PA's biggest critic.

AT

November 06, 2017, 02:52:59 pm #27 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:05:04 pm by Almatrackster
White Hall had a lull in the middle of the conference season. They lost by 1 to WC. South fans may not agree, but I'm sort of on the boat of there's not a HUGE difference between the 1 and 4 seeds. Sort of like the West.

I think these West-South matchups are almost all crapshoots. White Hall has some strengths that might go against our weaknesses. This will be a close game for 4 quarters. If I was on the outside looking in, I would understand predicting the upset.

Perhaps the loss to Maumelle will be good for the Airedales and we can finally get everything figured out. Go Airedales!

Wonderdog

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 06, 2017, 02:52:59 pm
White Hall had a lull in the middle of the conference season. They lost by 1 to WC. South fans may not agree, but I'm sort of on the boat of there's not a HUGE difference between the 1 and 4 seeds. Sort of like the West.

I think these West-South matchups are almost all crapshoots. White Hall has some strengths that might go against our weaknesses. This will be a close game for 4 quarters. If I was on the outside looking in, I would understand predicting the upset.

Perhaps the loss to Maumelle will be good for the Airedales and we can finally get everything figured out. Go Airedales!
You have a point. White Halls 3 losses were by 1, 8 and 12.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 06, 2017, 02:52:59 pm

Alma should just throw the ball to #21 every snap.  He catches EVERYTHING.

Maybe mix in some runs with the RB as well.  He's pretty shifty and runs hard.

One thing I noticed about Alma's guys was they rarely if ever went down on first contact.

tomdawg55

Will the airdanes show up or are ready for basketball
? Last Friday night should have been over with by half
If this same team shows up they might as well say it was a good season and let White hall continue with football and move on to the round ball
Dales , get your sheet together and play ball

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: tomdawg55 on November 06, 2017, 06:46:26 pmLast Friday night should have been over with by half

I know! We missed a couple of opportunities to put the Dales away in the 2nd quarter.

dannynoonan

Quote from: Wonderdog on November 06, 2017, 04:21:33 pm
You have a point. White Halls 3 losses were by 1, 8 and 12.

Bulldogs played with 5,6 & 5 starters out in those 3 games. This will be the first week since game 3 that everyone ( Except #15 Baylor Owen ) is back 100% and ready to play. Should be fun.  ;D

Overdahill

With no Ghost out here pounding on his chest I am going with Alma  :D

Go Postal

If anyone thinks that just because you're up on Alma at halftime that you can relax, go on their YouTube channel Alma School District and watch the Harrison, Morrilton, Maumelle or even Clarksville games. They always seem to come back.  FYI

GO AIREDALES!!

Almahasbeen

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 03:22:33 pm
If anyone thinks that just because you're up on Alma at halftime that you can relax, go on their YouTube channel Alma School District and watch the Harrison, Morrilton, Maumelle or even Clarksville games. They always seem to come back.  FYI

GO AIREDALES!!

+1

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 03:22:33 pm

GO AIREDALES!!

White Hall scores the majority of their points in the first half and then drops off after halftime so if Alma can manage to get an earlier start, they win this game. At this point in the season, they are a second half team and it is their identity for good and bad. Again, they need to do their best to get started sooner so they do not find themselves in a bad position going into the half.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Bulldogfan44

Wonder how many fans will make the drive for White Hall? 🤔

P.F.G.

White hall has some team speed. This could really hurt Alma. Also a good qb and a HB may give Alma fits. More I see in white hall the more worried I am. This isn't a normal 4v1 matchup.

MDXPHD

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 08, 2017, 09:33:01 am
White hall has some team speed. This could really hurt Alma. Also a good qb and a HB may give Alma fits. More I see in white hall the more worried I am. This isn't a normal 4v1 matchup.

Tell me about it. I feel like it's more of a 4v4.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 08, 2017, 09:35:10 am
Tell me about it. I feel like it's more of a 4v4.

Classic pot stirring  ;D

MDXPHD

That doesn't sound like me at all..

Lionheart88

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 08, 2017, 09:03:52 am
I wish I could, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get off work early enough to get there.

redsport27

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 08, 2017, 09:03:52 am
The band isn't even attending. That's due to some issues though...

Yellowcake

AT

Not his best effort. Two hooks, no bites.

I'm like PFG. More I hear about and see this White Hall team's tapes, the more I worry. I have faith in our coaches to put in a great game plan and for our players to execute to the best of their ability, but Coach Vaughn has been there this long for a reason and their QB sounds exactly like Alma's biggest problems over the years.

I know we have another day but I hope any White Hall fans that do make the trip from Pine Bluff have a safe trip. I recommend Catfish Hole 2 as some call it. La Fiesta is a good Mexican restaurant as is La Huerta (this one is harder to find...across from the Wal-Mart). We have a decent selection of fast food.

Also, can't forget the Cracker Barrel.

redsport27

November 08, 2017, 08:56:21 pm #47 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:02:16 pm by redsport27
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 08, 2017, 08:14:04 pm
Not his best effort. Two hooks, no bites.

I'm like PFG. More I hear about and see this White Hall team's tapes, the more I worry. I have faith in our coaches to put in a great game plan and for our players to execute to the best of their ability, but Coach Vaughn has been there this long for a reason and their QB sounds exactly like Alma's biggest problems over the years.

I know we have another day but I hope any White Hall fans that do make the trip from Pine Bluff have a safe trip. I recommend Catfish Hole 2 as some call it. La Fiesta is a good Mexican restaurant as is La Huerta (this one is harder to find...across from the Wal-Mart). We have a decent selection of fast food.

Also, can't forget the Cracker Barrel.
Yes, Ollie Reddick is very quick and swift with his play. He's very smart with the ball and knows when to dish or keep. I honestly think this game could be like the 2009 meeting where it came down to the wire. White Hall has mass respect for Alma and know what they can do!

Thank you for the good info. If I make the trip, I will definitely consider those restaurants!

AT

Quote from: redsport27 on November 08, 2017, 08:56:21 pm
Yes, Ollie Reddick is very quick and swift with his play. He's very smart with the ball and knows when to dish or keep. I honestly think this game could be like the 2009 meeting where it came down to the wire. White Hall has mass respect for Alma and know what they can do!

Thank you for the good info. If I make the trip, I will definitely consider those restaurants!

Yes, redsport. That White Hall game in 2009 was actually my senior year in high school. I didn't play football but followed it very closely and was one of their biggest fans. I did not make that trip to PB, though.

Alma lost their starting QB in the final game of the season that year and we thought we had no chance with a back up QB and were all pleasantly surprised to hear the game was close.

Fun to see teams meet every so often after not meeting for awhile. Call this a toss up in my opinion. If Alma has it close at half or leads, then watch out for the Airedales.

MDXPHD

I got one bite. But I can't help it this thread is dull because nobody really gives the west or the south a shot at the title this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas