• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg at JB Westside Round 1

Started by Sports Guru, November 04, 2017, 01:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

Whats all the thoughts on this game.

Westside is 7-3 Hamburg is 5-5

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Hamburg's SOS and speed comes into play. Lions-41 Warriors-20

bigchief72455

cuckoobird

Sports Guru

I see JB Westside winning by 14 over Hamburg.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

November 04, 2017, 07:16:29 pm #5 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:30:05 pm by RAZORBACK FOOTBALL
Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 04, 2017, 02:13:52 pm
Hamburg's SOS and speed comes into play. Lions-41 Warriors-20
Play calling has killed us all year, won't be any different Friday night. I hope we pull it off. We have the talent but right now these kids are as down as I've ever seen in our program.

Sports Guru

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 04, 2017, 07:16:29 pm
Play calling has killed us all year, won't be any different Friday night. I hope we pull it off. We have the talent but right now these kids are as down as I've ever seen in our program.
Hopefully all the 8-4A can pull at least 1 win off!!

Eaglemaniac

splitpersonality

November 06, 2017, 11:24:28 am #8 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:08:16 am by splitpersonality
Both are 3 seeds/seats, both are 5 & 2 in Conference play. Westside was predicted 4th. so much even this website shows them at Dumas even tho they beat Pokey in OT 17-14 to take the 3rd. seed/seat.
Should be a great game between two evenly matched teams. Anything can happen but I'd feel better if the game was gonna be played in Hamburg. Hamburg didn't play up to their potential Friday at Dumas, field position especially drive starts were bad for the Lions and Great for Dumas, could never FLIP the field, plus playing behind the chains most of the night. Not taking a thing away from Dumas tho they are a very good ball control team.

splitpersonality

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on November 04, 2017, 07:57:35 pm
Warren has that covered!!
I think what the poster was trying to say Sir was that every 84A team ALL pull off a 1st Round Win Friday Night not just the Lumberjacks

cjohn1995

If Hamburg executes like they can, the hopeful side of me says the Lions win a close one. If the Lions don't come out inspired JB wins by at least two touchdowns. I haven't seen JB play so I'm only going based off of their record which can sometimes be misleading. Anyone have any inside knowledge on them? Hamburg has recently had success getting past the first round. Will it continue?

bigchief72455

Quote from: cjohn1995 on November 06, 2017, 11:53:56 am
If Hamburg executes like they can, the hopeful side of me says the Lions win a close one. If the Lions don't come out inspired JB wins by at least two touchdowns. I haven't seen JB play so I'm only going based off of their record which can sometimes be misleading. Anyone have any inside knowledge on them? Hamburg has recently had success getting past the first round. Will it continue?
Westside is usually a 5 seed out of the 3-4A. This happens to be a slightly better season for them as well as a down season for Pocahontas and Gosnell to some extent. I do not think Hamburg will have difficulty competing with them. They are vulnerable to the pass and their defense in not large. It is a senior dominant team. They prefer to run the ball using about 4 to 5 backs and pass occasionally.

Csa17

westside is tough on defense and play very physical they had trumann in the first half until trumann decided to pick it up

bigchief72455

Quote from: Csa17 on November 06, 2017, 12:59:37 pm
westside is tough on defense and play very physical they had trumann in the first half until trumann decided to pick it up
Sometimes a little too physical they had a few personal fouls last Friday. Those kind of mistakes could prove costly for them.

snap crackle

Speed and athletes take over for the down 8 4A to beat a down 3 4A

cjohn1995

November 08, 2017, 08:55:35 am #15 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:03:47 am by cjohn1995
Quote from: snap crackle on November 08, 2017, 08:18:24 am

cjohn1995

November 08, 2017, 09:03:20 am #16 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:06:11 am by cjohn1995
Quote from: snap crackle on November 08, 2017, 08:18:24 am
no doubt the Lions have speed but they have to do a better job of getting their players the ball in space. Easier said then done, I know. In the past playoff losses for Hamburg, they have had more speed than their opponent but simply got outhustled and outcoached. For example: Ozark, Booneville, Dardanelle, Pea Ridge all great teams but speed was not why they dominated Hamburg. Anyone could see that. Football is obviously way more than having speed but it is deadly when it is executed correctly, along with great blocking of course. We'll see what happens.

cjohn1995

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 04, 2017, 01:16:35 pm
Whats all the thoughts on this game.

Westside is 7-3 Hamburg is 5-5
I've got the feeling records don't matter too much in this game. From what I have heard so far, the Lions should match up nicely with JB. We'll just have to wait and see.

Little Bear

Hamburg had higher expectations going into the season.  They have beaten some bad teams and managed a 5-5 record.       Jonesboro WS has a good offense and if healthy will point up points on Hamburg.    It won't be a cake walk but Hamburg will miss some assignments on defense allowing Westside to get a few easy scores.    Westside will win this one 35-20

jimbojack

Nomad1324

Is it really an upset if a team from the 4A-3 gets beat?

Seriously?

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Hamburg's offensive play calling will be the factor in this game, just like most of the others this year. Our play calling has been bad all year but we managed to win 5 games against average teams. From what I hear both teams are average so it should be a close game. We haven't changed anything offensively all season and I don't see anything changing again this week. Our defense will have to play well for us to win. I think the game will go down to the 4th quarter and we pull out a close victory. Either way I don't see this game being a blowout for either team.         

TIGER101

snap crackle

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: cjohn1995 on November 09, 2017, 03:03:11 pm
yes it would!
I would at least like to see the staff make some changes on offense just to see if something else would work better.

cjohn1995

November 09, 2017, 05:17:25 pm #27 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:23:45 pm by cjohn1995
Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 09, 2017, 04:39:44 pm
I would at least like to see the staff make some changes on offense just to see if something else would work better.
I agree. I don't think the Lions have really had a complete offensive performance all year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

cjohn1995

Quote from: cjohn1995 on November 09, 2017, 05:19:18 pm

Feeling alittle better about the Lions chances. Should be a close
one either way.

LJ06

Quote from: splitpersonality on November 06, 2017, 11:32:22 am
I think what the poster was trying to say Sir was that every 84A team ALL pull off a 1st Round Win Friday Night not just the Lumberjacks

Everybody but Monticello and Crossett

Nomad1324

I think Dumas gets by Pokey, and I've gone back and forth on this one, but I think Hamburg pulls it out.

POTUS

Does anyone have an updated score for this?

bigchief72455

Missco

Gosnell is up on Malvern by 32 in the 3rd.

Big Fan

bigchief72455

Quote from: Big Fan on November 10, 2017, 08:52:06 pm
wrong thread
Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 10, 2017, 12:42:47 pm
I think Dumas gets by Pokey, and I've gone back and forth on this one, but I think Hamburg pulls it out.
Not really

Jack1990

Is there no one to update the score?? Hoping Hamburg can help our conference save a little face.

Sports Guru

Jack1990

There's still some hope! Come on Hamburg!

iivydriff

Sports Guru

Sports Guru

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas