• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen vs Parkers Chapel

Started by Old Scrapper, November 04, 2017, 05:53:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

big E

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 06, 2017, 01:14:29 pm
I don't think many people not from Hazen remember when a five came in and beat Hazen.
Hackett had that good back that year .

hornetfan8

Quote from: big E on November 06, 2017, 01:21:17 pm
Hackett had that good back that year .
Not the year I'm referring too. I believe we were both threes that season.

Lions84

trojanman

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 06, 2017, 01:10:49 pm
The way I see it the pressure is on Hazen.... If you win no one really remembers in a year or two because the "experts" said you were supposed to.  If Chapel wins, likely no one will ever let you forget it.
I think you mean the some people from the 8 won't let us forget.

Rida4Life

I mean... if Hazen is as good as you say and PC is as bad as you say, then there's no way we should win so you probably have nothing to worry about...RIGHT?

I get the rules..... it's ok for everyone else to talk up their conference but the 8...... got it!

hornetfan8

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 06, 2017, 02:26:33 pm
I mean... if Hazen is as good as you say and PC is as bad as you say, then there's no way we should win so you probably have nothing to worry about...RIGHT?

I get the rules..... it's ok for everyone else to talk up their conference but the 8...... got it!
What do we have to worry about again?

Old Scrapper

No it's ok for you talk up the 8, just don't get upset when the rest of the conferences don't buy into your 💩

bear for life

Let's go Trojans even tho we enemies in sports I still support yall against other conferences pull the upset they counting us out

purplehajj

We were both threes that year big e they beat us 33-30!

who-knew

Not to stir anything up, but how many people would be especially upset if there was a rematch from the 6 in the finals ;D ;D ;D

big E

Hey PW and McCrory works for me. Lol

Mac Town dad

Quote from: who-knew on November 06, 2017, 07:14:37 pm
Not to stir anything up, but how many people would be especially upset if there was a rematch from the 6 in the finals ;D ;D ;D
I wouldn't mind that at all lol.

purplehajj

Mac Town dad

Best game I've watched all year. The rest of ares have been blow outs. Seems Hazen''s also hope we can keep that going through playoffs.

Old Scrapper

Sounds good to me! Probably a few of us would get in fearless jail leading up to the game LOL

hornetfan8

Quote from: Mac Town dad on November 06, 2017, 07:27:09 pm
Best game I've watched all year. The rest of ares have been blow outs. Seems Hazen''s also hope we can keep that going through playoffs.
Besides the loses to Piggot and Barton and y'all, blow outs every game and no one has been within 40

who-knew

If that was to happen everyone from the 8 would still believe that there the best

FEARLESS FRIDAY 2017

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 06, 2017, 08:52:49 am
I've done plenty..... who had Hazen beat?  McCroy?  From what I saw of that, they got handed that one. 
Like I said, Hazen may very well win this game but they don't have anything that PC hasn't seen a better version of this year. 
You are putting a ton of faith in a team that is VERY young. 
I know you are from Des Arc and are the self proclaimed guru of football.... but perhaps you have a distorted view of how good/not good your league is this year.

Hazen in a blowout... the game will get ugly.
(I'm sure you are going to say the same about me so go ahead.... history says I'm closer to right than you are.)

Wildcat_Booster

PC is PC, never going to win anything in football. The kids are too small to compete. This will be  a mercy rule game- 45-8

Rida4Life

I keep telling folks this isn't the same ol' PC team from the past few years.  I have a feeling this team is going to show up and fight.

Oh and wildcat booster..... I can't think of a SINGLE wildcat school that we give a flip what they think of us.  So whether you be from El Do, Rison, or wherever else, go back to your team... we care nothing about your opinion.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 07, 2017, 08:10:43 am
I keep telling folks this isn't the same ol' PC team from the past few years.  I have a feeling this team is going to show up and fight.

Oh and wildcat booster..... I can't think of a SINGLE wildcat school that we give a flip what they think of us.  So whether you be from El Do, Rison, or wherever else, go back to your team... we care nothing about your opinion.
Well that's just fine. I'm a Wildcat from Rison and I'll tell you that I'd love to pick with the 8 here, but if Hazen runs a power run offense and can pressure a qb they will probably win. PC offense is fine, it's the defense that's the problem. I'd love to be wrong. I really do.

Hornet_03

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 06, 2017, 10:50:09 am
That is where I'm confused. Why hasn't an exceptional WR corps carried this team to a higher seed and a better record?

Play us and you will know

HarryCaray

Good luck to PC and the rest of the 8 except Rison! Wouldn't root for them if they were playing Cuba!!

southarkdaddy

No. 12 Parkers Chapel at No. 9 HAZEN (12): Hazen has not lost any focus since virtually locking up the 6-2A title Week 8 at Des Arc with a 40-0 win. The Hornets destroyed Marvell (75-6) and Palestine-Wheatley (45-0) the past two weeks. Junior DE Kade Perry (112 tackles) paces the Hazen defense, while sophomore Ay'Jon Green (967 yards) leads the team in rushing. Parkers Chapel owns quality wins this fall over No. 13 Magnet Cove and Strong to secure a playoff berth, and an 8-6 loss to No. 11 Bearden. PC sophomore QB Caleb Jacobs triggers a Spread that produced 114 yards and no points last week at No. 2 Camden Harmony Grove. Jacobs passed for 241 yards and three TDs in the first half Week 7 of a 38-point loss to No. 3 Rison.

southarkdaddy

#9 vs #12 according to Hootens.  Didn't think they'd be ranked this close to each other.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 07, 2017, 08:26:23 am
Well that's just fine. I'm a Wildcat from Rison and I'll tell you that I'd love to pick with the 8 here, but if Hazen runs a power run offense and can pressure a qb they will probably win. PC offense is fine, it's the defense that's the problem. I'd love to be wrong. I really do.

Rison's offense does that to a lot of defenses.  Bearden was in their power run game for 80% of the game and came away with 8 points.  It's all about the matchups. 

ChapelTrojans

Not having seen Hazen play this year but watched almost every PC game, I do not see how someone could believe PC will be able to match up with a top team from any conference. Hope I'm wrong but I think PC has to play lights out, Hazen needs to have an off night and the Trojans need all the breaks to go their way.

hornetfan8

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 07, 2017, 10:50:44 am
Not having seen Hazen play this year but watched almost every PC game, I do not see how someone could believe PC will be able to match up with a top team from any conference. Hope I'm wrong but I think PC has to play lights out, Hazen needs to have an off night and the Trojans need all the breaks to go their way.
Wow. A rational thinker from the 8. That's a new one.

eldofan

I agree with chapel Trojans  My thinking since the Hampton game .

trojanman

No one has said they would have to play anything short of their best to have a chance to win the game. But they are capable of doing just that and if they do have a good chance to win the game. Out of all the 5 seeds PC has the best chance to pull the upset and advance to the next round. 5 seeds aren't supposed to win but this one could. My question to those who are giving PC no shot at all is how close do they have to keep the score to earn your respect?

ChapelTrojans

Quote from: trojanman on November 07, 2017, 11:10:24 am
No one has said they would have to play anything short of their best to have a chance to win the game. But they are capable of doing just that and if they do have a good chance to win the game. Out of all the 5 seeds PC has the best chance to pull the upset and advance to the next round. 5 seeds aren't supposed to win but this one could. My question to those who are giving PC no shot at all is how close do they have to keep the score to earn your respect?

This is something I was hoping the new coaches that came in would change. It's like you are giving PC an out if we lose. "Well at least we kept it close" "I bet you they respect us now" Forget that, win games that matter. I've been here for a little over 5 years and I am tired of moral victories.

baseball13

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 06, 2017, 09:49:38 am
They are that improved. My feathers aren't ruffled. I  saw this season coming for us last year.

I call BS pick. You were proclaiming last year that DA would still be at the top when Hampton was at the bottom.

eldofan

I've been here 4. I think the coaches are taking us in the right direction . Jacob got here at the end of May. Hard to go from near the bottom to the top in that short of time . He's got the program headed in the right direction and numbers are up .

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on November 07, 2017, 11:42:58 am
I call BS pick. You were proclaiming last year that DA would still be at the top when Hampton was at the bottom.

Well I can't put everything on here.

ChapelTrojans

It's definitely better than what it has been and Coach Midet(?) is going to be a good coach but this is HS and unlike college you cannot recruit your kids (unless you are Hampton  ;D) so when you have talent, you better win and I think we have underachieved this season. But in Coach's defense there is a lot of culture in the program he is having to change.

baseball13

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 07, 2017, 11:56:51 am
It's definitely better than what it has been and Coach Midet(?) is going to be a good coach but this is HS and unlike college you cannot recruit your kids (unless you are Hampton  ;D) so when you have talent, you better win and I think we have underachieved this season. But in Coach's defense there is a lot of culture in the program he is having to change.

how many kids go to PC that are from Strong?

ChapelTrojans

Quote from: baseball13 on November 07, 2017, 11:58:12 am
how many kids go to PC that are from Strong?

We get our fair share but not the best they had to offer

hornetfan8

Quote from: trojanman on November 07, 2017, 11:10:24 am
You win the game to earn respect. Who is gonna be saying "remember when we only lost to Hazen by 2 touchdowns" in 15 years? No one. It's all about winning.

eldofan

Your  right culture is still a problem that he is trying to overcome . We also need to get bigger and stronger .

Old Scrapper

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 07, 2017, 10:50:44 am
I would give Parkers Chapel more credit than that. I think Hazen has to play lights out also, when you have a team as young as Hazen is, you have to stay on the gas. you can't afford to take a series off, lose momentum and the game can change in a heart beat.

ChapelTrojans

Quote from: eldofan on November 07, 2017, 12:59:20 pm
Your  right culture is still a problem that he is trying to overcome . We also need to get bigger and stronger .

I'd rather see more team speed, seems to me in the new style of football we are playing, we could use some speedsters along with a more mobile off and def line. But being bigger and stronger wouldn't hurt either

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: ChapelTrojans on November 07, 2017, 01:11:22 pm
I’d rather see more team speed, seems to me in the new style of football we are playing, we could use some speedsters along with a more mobile off and def line. But being bigger and stronger wouldn’t hurt either
Speed is always the great equalizer. Can't tackle what ya can't catch.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 07, 2017, 01:06:24 pm
I would give Parkers Chapel more credit than that. I think Hazen has to play lights out also, when you have a team as young as Hazen is, you have to stay on the gas. you can't afford to take a series off, lose momentum and the game can change in a heart beat.
Definitely gotta keep grinding on every play. Seasons can be completely changed by a series or two. 

Rida4Life

Quote from: HarryCaray on November 07, 2017, 09:07:42 am
Good luck to PC and the rest of the 8 except Rison! Wouldn't root for them if they were playing Cuba!!
+1

Rida4Life

I agree that the culture is changing.  We've had some coaches here for a while trying to change it but it only happens when the entire staff buys in.  Obvious there was a previous problem at the top or Chapel would have won several more games the last several years.  That problem has been solved.  Now it's just a matter of how much time it takes.

Rida4Life

Exactly how did they under achieve?  Improved their win total.  Only game they lost that they shouldn't have was Bearden.  That's flawed thinking to say they underachieved. 
You are probably a disgruntled former player that couldn't handle the grind and fell by the wayside.

BlueCrew4U

Doesn't take a genius to see PC is trending up.  Gonna be fun this weekend sitting in a deer stand talking crap to the 6 after they go 0-5 in round one!  Better get the basketballs aired up in east central Arkansas. 

Hazen can play from what the boys have told me.  But it sounds to me like Chapel thinks they can and will win this game.
Couple that with Bearden taking out McCrory and it'll be the perfect storm for a 6AA dumpster fire meltdown.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on November 07, 2017, 02:05:27 pm
Doesn't take a genius to see PC is trending up.  Gonna be fun this weekend sitting in a deer stand talking crap to the 6 after they go 0-5 in round one!  Better get the basketballs aired up in east central Arkansas. 

Hazen can play from what the boys have told me.  But it sounds to me like Chapel thinks they can and will win this game.
Couple that with Bearden taking out McCrory and it'll be the perfect storm for a 6AA dumpster fire meltdown.

Even dreams come true every once in a while

old.dole

Well the mud dogs did win the bourbon bowl

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas