• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The darkhorse team of 1A this year will be ________________!

Started by LaFlamaBlanca55, November 03, 2017, 10:17:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LaFlamaBlanca55

There is always alot of posts about who the best team is and polls etc. But lets take a minute and admire some coaches and programs that are building or restoring programs that  maybe used to be great, or maybe a coach that has lost alot of seniors and isnt supposed to be very good that is overachieving. I know alot of homers will post, but what do you guys think about who the darkhorses will be this year. Ill habg up and listen

thebigman3

Girls-MVE not really a "dark horse" but not a pick to win State and I think when tournament time comes they'll be ready.
Boys- I'm gonna go with either Shirley or Sacred Heart, both have great strts to the season and Sacred Heart plays CL tonight. That game I think will be interesting.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 03, 2017, 10:45:53 am
Girls-MVE not really a "dark horse" but not a pick to win State and I think when tournament time comes they'll be ready.
Boys- I'm gonna go with either Shirley or Sacred Heart, both have great strts to the season and Sacred Heart plays CL tonight. That game I think will be interesting.
Obviously Wonderviews boys huh bigman??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 03, 2017, 10:45:53 am

Line won by 42....

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 04, 2017, 08:00:27 am
Line won by 42....
yeah wasn't very interesting😂 I was just goin by what people had said though..

NWA Hawg

thebigman3

ZacAttack

Quote from: fann07 on November 04, 2017, 10:40:50 am
No one!! No one outside the top 5 has a chance.
And your Very Early Top 5 are . . . ?

I think October games do not give you a good idea of the best at the end of the season.  Last year, didn't Guy lose their first 2 games.  I think when mid January rolls around, we will have a better picture.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: ZacAttack on November 04, 2017, 03:36:32 pm
And your Very Early Top 5 are . . . ?

I think October games do not give you a good idea of the best at the end of the season.  Last year, didn't Guy lose their first 2 games.  I think when mid January rolls around, we will have a better picture.

1. Omaha
2. ICC
3. County line
4. Kirby
5. Guy

HorseFeathers

BannerChaser95

LaFlamaBlanca55

omaha is good, idk if id say they came outta nowhere, as they were pretty fair last year, but as far as being mentioned year in and year out as contenders they havent been in that conversation. one could consider them a dark horse for sure in that aspect.

HOGS1976

HorseFeathers

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on November 08, 2017, 02:12:22 pm
omaha is good, idk if id say they came outta nowhere, as they were pretty fair last year, but as far as being mentioned year in and year out as contenders they havent been in that conversation. one could consider them a dark horse for sure in that aspect.

Gotta get that Alpena Monkey off their back ...

Moonshiner

Eagles

thebigman3

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagles on November 08, 2017, 07:32:18 pm
Boys- Nevada

Girls- Acorn

Can acorn really be a dark horse though? Anytime there's a Jackson on the team we expect them to make a run...

BannerChaser95

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 09, 2017, 10:49:20 am
Nevada boys aren't very good at this point in time.
I know they got blew out by Kirby. I haven't seen them yet this year though.

OB11

Armorel is quietly putting together a good start to the season. 6-1 right now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas