• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England @ Mountainburg first round

Started by BigLion10, November 02, 2017, 10:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: raven on November 07, 2017, 11:42:42 am
Heard this before, burg doesn't have the speed.  These boys have proven before that speed isn't everything and the coaching staff has proven before many times in the past that they can teach them to contain the speed.  Performance is everything, whomever comes out on top will be the one who brings their game face.

Speed don't mean a thing if he's laying on his back behind the line of scrimmage 😉

raven

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 07, 2017, 05:03:30 pm
Speed don't mean a thing if he's laying on his back behind the line of scrimmage 😉

Exactly.  I know a kid 2 years ago everyone talked about speed speed speed before the game, oh just go watch him he's this he's that, then he comes to play the burg and he got shut down.  He was a good player, but if they can't get in the open field that speed doesn't do them a bit of good. 

BigLion10

Quote from: raven on November 07, 2017, 05:19:18 pm
Exactly.  I know a kid 2 years ago everyone talked about speed speed speed before the game, oh just go watch him he's this he's that, then he comes to play the burg and he got shut down.  He was a good player, but if they can't get in the open field that speed doesn't do them a bit of good.
2 years ago we sent you home with your tails tucked in the playoffs

Prouddragondad

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 07, 2017, 05:22:40 pm
2 years ago we sent you home with your tails tucked in the playoffs
That was in the 2nd round raven is talking about playing against Monta Thomas in the 1st round. We have seen speed before and we know how to handle it. We know #2 is a good back with a lot of speed and I believe we will be ready for it.

raven

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 07, 2017, 05:55:35 pm
That was in the 2nd round raven is talking about playing against Monta Thomas in the 1st round. We have seen speed before and we know how to handle it. We know #2 is a good back with a lot of speed and I believe we will be ready for it.

Yep, that's who I'm talking about.

Bigditchlion

Film doesn't mean much this week guys. England has some weapons healthy for the first time in awhile, some freshmen will contribute.

bigworm

Quote from: raven on November 07, 2017, 05:19:18 pm

Monta had very very little help at hermitage. Clarkson isnt the  player monta was but hes very good. But clarkson has a little help. Im not ready to call a score on this one. I respect the burg. I know the conference isnt exactly the 8 but burg is beating folks down. A good team beats down a weak team. A bad team plays close games with weak teams. Therefore, the way i see it the burg is solid and we will have to play our best game this year to win.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on November 07, 2017, 10:05:35 am
England wins this game.  Mountainburg will not have the speed to catch a quick back like Clarkson.  England just has to play solid on defense which is 50/50 on how they perform.

I would certainly like to see a foot race between this kid from England and number 5 from the Burg.   #5 can really go. Actually, there is another kid from the Burg that has some speed too, cant remember his number.   Don't let them get loose, you will not catch them....   

Ask Hackett....

AR_dawg3

Cheek1

November 08, 2017, 03:11:04 pm #59 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:16:54 pm by Cheek1
England +12; Clarkson 200+ yards to add to his 2112 yards this year and Yards/Game avg 211.  He is the real deal, go see Friday night.

Dragonsvoice

we deal with this every year a team comes up with one player with great #,s, not taking anything away from him, but the burg has several players who have speed and good #'s. the only one we faced that took control of a game was Kenneth Dixon several years back he single handedly one the game for strong in the second half went on to win a state title.

Dragonsvoice

oh ya we had them down 21 to 7 at half tell they put him in as qb running the option then it was game over shoot gave England a knew ideal.

bigworm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 08, 2017, 09:04:08 pm
we deal with this every year a team comes up with one player with great #,s, not taking anything away from him, but the burg has several players who have speed and good #'s. the only one we faced that took control of a game was Kenneth Dixon several years back he single handedly one the game for strong in the second half went on to win a state title.

We played them the year they won it and the year before. We had them down 21 7 in 4th qtr the year before. Same thing happened to us. KD went to QB and that was it. Everyone knew exactly what needed to be done but just couldnt do it  haha. I have some family that played on the carlisle team that strong beat in the title game. I called amd told them you better get ready because you havemt seen a guy like this cat. They said..."we have good running backs over in the 6". I said ok, just wait and see. KD took first play from scrimmage 65 yards untouched and went on to take that title. He was something to see.

Dragonsvoice

it looks like the Lions has three key players #2rb, #4wr, and #7qb but looks like defense is a little weak giving up 8 more points than you scored 320pf and 328pa. the burg has about 2500 yard rushing but spread out over 5 players combined with two key receivers picking up over 600 yards. now what we don't have is a 1700 yard rusher but what we do have is a lot of players who can make a difference. that being said it makes a defense work harder to stop them. with the burg leading with 303pf and 147pa the burgs D has really came along this year and is looking good.

with both teams moving freshmen up to help it will be a good game. IMO the burgl rolls in tis one picking up another first round win by two scores.

bigworm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 09, 2017, 05:38:25 pm
it looks like the Lions has three key players #2rb, #4wr, and #7qb but looks like defense is a little weak giving up 8 more points than you scored 320pf and 328pa. the burg has about 2500 yard rushing but spread out over 5 players combined with two key receivers picking up over 600 yards. now what we don't have is a 1700 yard rusher but what we do have is a lot of players who can make a difference. that being said it makes a defense work harder to stop them. with the burg leading with 303pf and 147pa the burgs D has really came along this year and is looking good.

with both teams moving freshmen up to help it will be a good game. IMO the burgl rolls in tis one picking up another first round win by two scores.

Well, you have a point. Condsidering burg has played one good team this year i really wont read much into your theory. I will go out on a limb and say if you played JC, mccory, MC, CC, and Hector that PA would look a tad different. Gotta play the game. Yall may pound us but im not buying into your comparing PF and PA. Those 2 schedules are light years different.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: bigworm on November 09, 2017, 05:59:00 pm
Well, you have a point. Condsidering burg has played one good team this year i really wont read much into your theory. I will go out on a limb and say if you played JC, mccory, MC, CC, and Hector that PA would look a tad different. Gotta play the game. Yall may pound us but im not buying into your comparing PF and PA. Those 2 schedules are light years different.
your right there but i am also considering that all but two of our games the 2nd string was in at the half due to mercy rule. the Danville game I wish we had a do over, I believe the injury in the first qt on our side had a big influence on the game not that we would have won.

I know we have a weaker division but our #'s could have been a lot better if starters would of played 4 qt's. I get your point though I guess we will see Friday.

Mac Town dad

That could be said on any team if Devon Taylor played all 4 qts what kinda rushing yards would he have. Will be keeping an eye on this game good luck to both teams.

beach bum

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Mac Town dad on November 09, 2017, 07:12:48 pm
That could be said on any team if Devon Taylor played all 4 qts what kinda rushing yards would he have. Will be keeping an eye on this game good luck to both teams.
taylor is on what team?

BigLion10

November 09, 2017, 07:28:01 pm #69 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:25:07 pm by BigLion10
Lions roars to the second round

Prouddragondad

Quote from: beach bum on November 09, 2017, 07:19:29 pm
Mountainburg by 20....
I've been waiting for you to make your prediction. I'm always curious about what you got to say. I think you do a good job of keeping up with all the teams glad to see you got Burg by 20. I think if these boys play like they are capable that we will open up some eyes after this game.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 09, 2017, 07:24:17 pm
taylor is on what team?
Taylor plays for Mccrory he transferred there when Augusta I believe cancel their season.

P.F.G.

Hope to see the dragons make it to the second round. I'll take them by 6

Prouddragondad

Finally Game Day! Time to quit all the trash talking and strap it up and let's see who the best team is. Hope Burg players are ready talking to my two boys they say their ready I guess we will find out. Safe travels to the England players, coaches and fans see you guys tonight. Go Dragons!

Dragonsvoice

well the day is here cant wait. hope the burg boys are ready to play. have to get my vocals warmed up for tonight. safe travels to Lions players, coaches and fans hope you bring a crowd.

Go Big Blue ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigworm

I wouldn't expect a huge crowd hinestly from us. Its a long long drive to all these folks deer camps from the burg. But a few of us will be there anyway. Thanks guys.

Lions84

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: bigworm on November 10, 2017, 11:04:49 am
I wouldn't expect a huge crowd hinestly from us. Its a long long drive to all these folks deer camps from the burg. But a few of us will be there anyway. Thanks guys.
bigworm come up to the press box and say high me and prouddragondad will be up  there

bigworm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 10, 2017, 02:22:26 pm
bigworm come up to the press box and say high me and prouddragondad will be up  there

Ill do that. Yall aint gonna beat me up when i get in there are ya? I know how u hillbilly folk are. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣. Just kidn. Im actually a hillbilly at heart but my folks moved to the flatland long before i was ever thought of.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: bigworm on November 10, 2017, 02:30:57 pm
Ill do that. Yall aint gonna beat me up when i get in there are ya? I know how u hillbilly folk are. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣. Just kidn. Im actually a hillbilly at heart but my folks moved to the flatland long before i was ever thought of.
we wont beat ya up unless yall win the game lol ;D

Bigditchlion

Go lions!!! Lot of us won't be there but we will be watching on citylink.

Ventman

bigworm

Old Scrapper

DnA Prostaff

Prouddragondad

BigLion10

Congrats to those pesky Dragons on a great hard fought victory. What a game!

beach bum

Good job Mountainburg... Conway Christian is going to be tough. Mountainburg may have to go score for score another game next Friday too if they want to win that game. Look for another high scoring game next week too.

P.F.G.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2017, 09:54:38 pm
Good job Mountainburg... Conway Christian is going to be tough. Mountainburg may have to go score for score another game next Friday too if they want to win that game. Look for another high scoring game next week too.

Conway Christian is the most complete team in the 2a-5....Jacob Wood is the real deal at QB...be a hard decision next week with Hector out...and Burg @ CCS or Rison @ Danville to choose from in 2a ball...

Dragonsvoice

November 10, 2017, 10:16:23 pm #90 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:30:57 pm by Dragonsvoice
congrats to players and coaches of the Burg What a game!! Congrats to England on giving us the run for the money. both teams showed up to play back and forth all night tic for tac. #20 saved the game with the interception with less than two minutes to play and #5 for picking up the first down to run out the clock. I have never been at a game at the burg with 107 points on the score board. England's #2  is a stud great athlete.

way to go Dragons on to next week looks like we will traveling to Conway for round two!

raven

bigworm

Congrats dragons. That was a great game with great sportsmanship and a great atmosphere. I figured this game would come down to who made less mistakes. We made way too many to win a game against a good team. I expected a game with lots of points but i never expected to give up 55 freekin points. Burg looked like bama against our D. Good luck the rest of the way.

DnA Prostaff

Just curious, how did #5, (what's his name by the way) compare to Clarkson?

I've become a fan of him! Lol

Who would win the 100 yd dash?

Dragonsvoice

bigworm you didn't come and say hi, but hoped you enjoyed the game you guys almost had us.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 10, 2017, 10:53:14 pm

I think they are equal on speed Taylor is fast burnt a couple kids but Clarkson is more allusive.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 10, 2017, 10:53:14 pm

i know at half Clarkson for England had 160 yards and Taylor for burg had 140 yards also Roxin for burg had 101 yards. Clarkson probably had 300 yards and Taylor over 200 yards. They both put on a show hard to say who is faster no one could catch either one of them.

Prouddragondad

Praying #4 for Mtburg is ok he got hurt in the 1st half and he ended up going to the hospital to have his leg checked out. He is a stud defensive end and we need him back.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 10, 2017, 11:19:40 pm
Praying #4 for Mtburg is ok he got hurt in the 1st half and he ended up going to the hospital to have his leg checked out. He is a stud defensive end and we need him back.
that hurt us on defense hope he is okay. pray it not serious.

bigworm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 10, 2017, 10:54:04 pm
bigworm you didn't come and say hi, but hoped you enjoyed the game you guys almost had us.

I got there at 5. I posted and asked if yall were up there but no response. Then got busy getting junk ready. Then after i was so disguisted i just left. Lol. Im sorry. Really wanted to meet you guys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas