• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best facilities/atmosphere in 2A

Started by Eaglefan70, October 30, 2017, 11:53:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglefan70

Who has the best facilities in 2A- field, stands, concession stand, scoreboard etc. It can also include the atmosphere.

couch-coach06

Mineral springs has a nice field and facility .. mount Ida has a dang nice field house

Eaglefan70

Mount Ida is the nicest field house i've seen in 2A so far

DnA Prostaff

#72 Bearden Bear

Hector, had a blast the two time we went up there.

ak58

Mineral Springs Feild, Mount Ida feild house is awesome. Lafayette county has a nice feild set up too. Love the atmosphere at games in Murfreesboro when good opponents play.

trojanman

Laf County????  I liked magnet cove's field set up. PC has the most well manicured grass in 2a. who ever cuts it is on point

HorseFeathers

Imo of the 5-2a fields I've been to..
1. Magnet Cove
2. England
3. Hector
4. Conway Christian(seems smaller than Hector on both sides of field to me)
5. Cutter
6. Bigelow

Never been to games at Quitman or Poyen

hornets23byers

Mineral springs hands down when everything is complete next year .. un believable weight room decent field house . Probably best track when they resurface it and best field... now atmosphere and concessions may not be as top notch as others but I'm sure they are being upgraded soon...

bearfan

The best fields in order in the 5-2a are
1. Magnet Cove
2. England
3. CCS
4. Hector
5. Cutter
6. Quitman
7. Poyen

Hgalum50

Harmony Grove has brand new concession stands at the end of the new gym. The field house is still pretty nice, and upgrades on the bleachers with about a 3 year old scoreboard. Visitors bleachers kinda small but still nice.

Ventman

My Pine visitors side has a nice view.

Cheek

Nice from the time you get out of the vehicle is England.  Field, track, restrooms, concession, lights and fencing.   All we need is a new press box and we will be complete.   I don't see turf in our future.   

Magnet has a really nice faciilites on the home side,  but the visitors side needs help.    They have the nicest press box , consession and bathrooms (in one building)  hands down.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on October 30, 2017, 02:39:56 pm
Nice from the time you get out of the vehicle is England.  Field, track, restrooms, concession, lights and fencing.   All we need is a new press box and we will be complete.   I don't see turf in our future.   

Magnet has a really nice faciilites on the home side,  but the visitors side needs help.    They have the nicest press box , consession and bathrooms (in one building)  hands down.

-100 for the gate entrance experience last season at England though 😎

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc has one of the nicest grass fields in Arkansas.

Wildcatalumni21

Atmosphere wise, it's hard to beat the atmosphere at Hector! From the music, to the wildcat walk, to the fans and band being involved all game! It's really an awesome place to play and we've always been complimented by opposing fans and teams

bigworm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 30, 2017, 03:04:20 pm
-100 for the gate entrance experience last season at England though 😎

Would agree, it needs to be marked better. If you find the parking lot, its simple. If not, you may he mad before ya do. But the atmosphere and facilities are almost perfect. When we get a new pressbox it will be awesome. I like MC set up too. I like hector run out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on October 30, 2017, 03:21:19 pm
Would agree, it needs to be marked better. If you find the parking lot, its simple. If not, you may he mad before ya do. But the atmosphere and facilities are almost perfect. When we get a new pressbox it will be awesome. I like MC set up too. I like hector run out.

I was meaning the issue with missing 3/4 of a quarter when I showed up 10 minutes before game time last year lol

BigLion10

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 30, 2017, 04:04:35 pm
I was meaning the issue with missing 3/4 of a quarter when I showed up 10 minutes before game time last year lol
You was just getting town after the first couple of drives knucklehead

Risonwildcat212

Rison's new turf field is really nice. Just need to finish the other facility upgrades.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 30, 2017, 04:13:39 pm
You was just getting town after the first couple of drives knucklehead

No we got their by kickoff....but I'll never make a trip from Hector to England that fast again...lol

M.I. D

Mount Ida has a very nice field house and press box. Stands are good. Visitor side a little small but sufficient. Great atmosphere!

bigworm

Rison atmosphere is good too. Tuff place to play. Field was pathetic tho. Wish they would have had this turf 2 years ago!! It was a slop pit in the semis. I wonder if totty will have mud hauled in for the playoffs or maybe just use baby oil.

big E

Quote from: bigworm on October 30, 2017, 11:59:25 pm
Rison atmosphere is good too. Tuff place to play. Field was pathetic tho. Wish they would have had this turf 2 years ago!! It was a slop pit in the semis. I wonder if totty will have mud hauled in for the playoffs or maybe just use baby oil.
Worm I have an interesting story about that , we hired a elementary principal this year who happened to be from Rison and coached on that team. He made the statement as to how they practiced on the field all week to get it game ready.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: big E on October 31, 2017, 04:48:52 am
Worm I have an interesting story about that , we hired a elementary principal this year who happened to be from Rison and coached on that team. He made the statement as to how they practiced on the field all week to get it game ready.
Where else are they supposed to practice? After it rains the practice field is a lake. The game field had a drainage system so it didn't have an inch of water on it.

stuck in between

Quote from: hornets23byers on October 30, 2017, 01:09:28 pm
Mineral springs hands down when everything is complete next year .. un believable weight room decent field house . Probably best track when they resurface it and best field... now atmosphere and concessions may not be as top notch as others but I'm sure they are being upgraded soon...

Not to mention the second hand high you can get in the visitors bleachers from the activity that takes place across the street.

hornets23byers

Good point we emphasize that so maybe our cocession profits more

BigLion10

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 31, 2017, 07:01:51 am
Where else are they supposed to practice? After it rains the practice field is a lake. The game field had a drainage system so it didn't have an inch of water on it.
Kinda funny there was about 3 feet of water on it for the game though

beach bum

In the 4-2A, Mountainburg is a good place to watch a game....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 31, 2017, 09:56:20 am

Hackett isn't a bad place....and Magazine during the Chambers years ...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 31, 2017, 10:54:23 am
Hackett isn't a bad place....and Magazine during the Chambers years ...

I luckily got to see those Chambers boys play one time. And Hackett is one of the only schools in the Ft Smith/NWA area I have not seen and want to.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 31, 2017, 11:38:24 am
I luckily got to see those Chambers boys play one time. And Hackett is one of the only schools in the Ft Smith/NWA area I have not seen and want to.

It's nice for a 2a school...other than the drop off behind the south(I think) endzone...

Prouddragondad

Quote from: beach bum on October 31, 2017, 09:56:20 am
It got better when we installed the new bleachers on the visitors side and fence it all in. Next year we will have the new fieldhouse and concession stand. Also beach bum I'm curious where did you go to schoo at?

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 31, 2017, 09:11:03 am
Kinda funny there was about 3 feet of water on it for the game though
What year are you talking about? I'm guessing 2000. If so holding on to some notion that we watered the field is just sad. It rained. We played on it. Your team lost. It's been 17 years, get over it. That season destroyed our field. I know I was there. I helped repair the field as a student volunteer during and after the playoffs. It costed so much money to fix all that damage at a time when the school didn't have any to spare. We won state and our boys had to take community donations to pay for their championship rings.

BigLion10

Two years ago bud when England came to town not 2000 when y'all watered it down for Clarendon and Ced

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 31, 2017, 01:21:15 pm
What year are you talking about? I'm guessing 2000. If so holding on to some notion that we watered the field is just sad. It rained. We played on it. Your team lost. It's been 17 years, get over it. That season destroyed our field. I know I was there. I helped repair the field as a student volunteer during and after the playoffs. It costed so much money to fix all that damage at a time when the school didn't have any to spare. We won state and our boys had to take community donations to pay for their championship rings.
Naw he is talking about in 2015......it rained the majority of the day here that Friday but no one wants to hear that....they only want to cry how we cheated them.

BigLion10

Never said y'all cheated us in 15 I just said I find it funny there was 3 feet of water on the field after your buddy said there is a drainage system that keeps water off

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 31, 2017, 02:10:24 pm
Never said y'all cheated us in 15 I just said I find it funny there was 3 feet of water on the field after your buddy said there is a drainage system that keeps water off
They get very defensive about this cheating subject...just a heads up.

Ventman

😂

HorseFeathers

😂😂😂

bdubyab60

Maybe not the best but Cross County has a nice field. Has a paved walking path all the way around the field. I like that so my feet don't get wet. Earle has a similar set up as well. The unfortunate thing though is that both fields are out in the wide open so any wind is horrible especially in the cold.

bigworm

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on October 31, 2017, 01:58:15 pm
Naw he is talking about in 2015......it rained the majority of the day here that Friday but no one wants to hear that....they only want to cry how we cheated them.

I haven't seen anyone say anything about anyone cheating. Yall beat us fair and square. It hadnt rained since monday of that week. U can tell someone else that crap. Rison folks were the ones telling us how they watered the field.

Bigditchlion

It sure was a lot drier outside the field than on it. Rison folks admitted it. Yall just own what you did. Rison beat England but wow so delusional about the facts. Its just a game but don't lie to yourself we were there too. Wish yall had that turf then!!! Oh well we will be back give us time!

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bigworm on October 31, 2017, 05:34:27 pm
I haven't seen anyone say anything about anyone cheating. Yall beat us fair and square. It hadnt rained since monday of that week. U can tell someone else that crap. Rison folks were the ones telling us how they watered the field.

You just cant trust them wildcats Worm

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 30, 2017, 03:08:26 pm
Des Arc has one of the nicest grass fields in Arkansas.
That's what I was going to say Pick.  I've heard some players say that it's like playing on carpet.

Rida4Life

I've been to several AA facilities over the years.  Many for playoff games.  Haven't been to all of course but here's my top 5 based on the places I've been.
1. Rison.... that atmosphere is the perfect example of small school HS football.  Adding the turf just steps it up a notch.
2. Hector.... loud and rowdy.... but friendly folks.  They know how to get their team pumped.
3. Danville..... watched them play Norphlet in a round two game several years ago.  Was a really good HS game and cool environment.
4. England.  really nice facilities.  crowd wasn't overly rowdy that night... but in fairness it was a blowout.
5. Hampton.... great example of home field advantage.  If you get up on them, the lights "conveniently" go off.  The crowd gets into it (and so does the mayor/PA/Play by play guy).  Tough place to play during the regular season largely due to the homer refs from Fordyce. 

Places that could be:
Harmony Grove.... new facility.... doesn't have quite the feel the old field had yet.  I know they are still in the process of getting it set up so it could easily be top 5 soon.
PC...... facilities are really good except for the press box and I hear that's going to be addressed soon.  The fans have to learn how to be football fans before it can make the top 5.  Last week with the playoffs on the line you could hear crickets a couple of times when Strong had the ball.  The fans just don't get it yet.
Bearden.  No reason this couldn't be a top 5 atmosphere except that I've never really heard that stadium get loud.  They have all the pieces.... just don't put them together real well.
Magazine.... granted the game I attended they got blown out 55-6 but the setup is cool and it was fairly loud for a few minutes until they realized they were in over their head.
Mt. Ida.... from what I hear, this is a really nice place and deserves to be on the list.... I've just never been there personally and didn't put it on my list for that reason.
I'm sure there are others as well.

BlueCrew4U

not a bad list there.  PC definitely has to step their game up from a fan standpoint.  I guess too many of our kids play golf and tennis.  Those are the type of fans we have  ;D

WampusCat30

CC has the best burgers in 2A and its not close

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WampusCat30 on November 02, 2017, 10:39:43 am
CC has the best burgers in 2A and its not close

Hamptons are better(no seriously).... Of course I also got to eat some duck the one time I was there too...hmmm

southarkdaddy

Spring Hill has the best smell.  Undoubtedly

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas