• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview @ Watson Chapel

Started by GuvHog, October 28, 2017, 08:25:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Watson Chapel has locked up the 5A South #1 seed and will be playing for an outright 5A South title while Fairview is playing to secure a playoff bid. Chapel got an impressive win over Lakeside last night as the Cats defense held a powerful Rams team to just 7 points. I believe the Cats will get the win in this one but playing CF is NEVER easy. Comments on this game??

The A-Team

Lakeside is more powerful but CF has more weapons. Could be an interesting game.

redsport27

I agree that CF will be tough. They will throw everything they have in store at Watson Chapel. If Chapel can remain focused on the game and not be distracted by things like the first round, then they should be fine. I think it will be kind of close. Chapel should win and finish conference play flawless.

Chapel 34, CF 26

PA Dad

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on October 28, 2017, 03:25:02 pm
I agree that CF will be tough. They will throw everything they have in store at Watson Chapel. If Chapel can remain focused on the game and not be distracted by things like the first round, then they should be fine. I think it will be kind of close. Chapel should win and finish conference play flawless.

Chapel 34, CF 26

I doubt that Watson Chapel will be distracted. This is their last chance to win the 5A South outright as they will move to the 5A Central next year so they want it badly.

razorcardsfan11

I'm going with the upset too. Cf gonna come to play and hopefully get the number 3 seed in the playoffs

Overdahill

Although I would like to see the upset, don't think it will happen at Chapel.

CFV has only won one away game all year and that one at Hope

PapaHog

What's the playoff scenario looking like for Fairview?

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: PapaHog on October 29, 2017, 09:11:50 pm
What's the playoff scenario looking like for Fairview?
They in with either a 3 or 4 seed.
Win Friday and a White Hall win Fairview 3 seed White Hall 4
Lose Friday and a White Hall win by 7+points Fairview 3 seed White Hall 4 seed
Lose Friday and a Dequeen win Dequeen 3 seed Fairview 4 seed

PapaHog

Winning always takes care of things. Thanks!

RamFan06

I would obviously love to see an upset here. Not likely but I am going with CFV by 3.

Underdog2017

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on October 29, 2017, 11:11:29 pm
They in with either a 3 or 4 seed.
Win Friday and a White Hall win Fairview 3 seed White Hall 4
Lose Friday and a White Hall win by 7+points Fairview 3 seed White Hall 4 seed
Lose Friday and a Dequeen win Dequeen 3 seed Fairview 4 seed

So DQ is either 3 seed or nothing or can they still get 4th seed as long as they dont lose by 7 or more?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Underdog2017 on October 30, 2017, 12:45:15 pm
So DQ is either 3 seed or nothing or can they still get 4th seed as long as they dont lose by 7 or more?

It's 3 or nothing. Of they lose by more than 7 they are out and if they lose by less than 7 they are still the 3. As long as Camden loses too.

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: Underdog2017 on October 30, 2017, 12:45:15 pm
They would still get the 3 seed as long as they don't lose by more than 7. But you are right it's either 3 or nothing. No way for dq to get 4 seed

Youngsta71701

Of course I'm rooting for the Cards but they would have to play their best game of the year to beat Chapel. Make one mistake and Chapel is gone. They always have speed.

Lumberjackfan1978

Think this will be a good game but chapel gets the win

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 30, 2017, 07:10:07 pm
Of course I'm rooting for the Cards but they would have to play their best game of the year to beat Chapel. Make one mistake and Chapel is gone. They always have speed.

Chapel also has something this year that they've not had in a few years and that is a solid defense. I still can't believe they actually held Lakeside to just 7 points.

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on October 31, 2017, 09:38:37 am
Chapel also has something this year that they've not had in a few years and that is a solid defense. I still can't believe they actually held Lakeside to just 7 points.

Defense is fast and that D-Line is very good.

zebrafan

SCHawg

Did McBride run that pee wee offense?

Absolut

Watson Chapel 9
Camden Fairview 0

1:59 1st

Absolut

Absolut

Absolut

razorcardsfan11

Anybody know what's wrong with Watson chapels qb? Hope nothing serious is wrong with him. I would hate to see a season ending injury in a game that didn't mean much

zebrafan

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 03, 2017, 09:04:00 pm
Anybody know what's wrong with Watson chapels qb? Hope nothing serious is wrong with him. I would hate to see a season ending injury in a game that didn't mean much
#4?

razorcardsfan11

Absolut

Absolut

Absolut

Absolut

razorcardsfan11

Congrats to Watson Chapel on the outright conference championship. Good luck in the playoffs

GuvHog

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 03, 2017, 09:52:06 pm
Congrats to Watson Chapel on the outright conference championship. Good luck in the playoffs

Thanks! It was their first one since dropping down from 6A. The players wanted it badly since this is their last year in the 5A South. WC and White Hall will be moving to the 5A Central next year.

Absolut

I expect Coach Dutton and the players want to win their conference every year no matter if this was the last year in the 5A south or not. They will have the same expectation to win the 5A central next year.

WCN

Quote from: GuvHog on November 04, 2017, 06:42:29 am
Thanks! It was their first one since dropping down from 6A. The players wanted it badly since this is their last year in the 5A South. WC and White Hall will be moving to the 5A Central next year.

They won the 5a south in 2010-2011 season.

GuvHog

November 04, 2017, 08:38:04 am #35 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:26:06 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: WCN on November 04, 2017, 08:22:15 am

I believe they actually tied for the 5A Southeast title that year but were the #2 seed.

Iknewthemwhen

Great year for the Wildcats so far.  Coach Dutton has them in great shape in his 4th year.  Semis last year and now outright conference championship with hopefully a long run in the playoffs.

RamFan06

November 04, 2017, 11:59:56 am #37 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:01:44 pm by RamFan06
Quote from: WCN on November 04, 2017, 08:22:15 am

They were not in the Southwest in 2010-2011. They eliminated Lakeside in rd1 of the playoffs that year. Chapel was in the Southeast that year.

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 04, 2017, 11:59:56 am
They were not in the Southwest in 2010-2011. They eliminated Lakeside in rd1 of the playoffs that year. Chapel was in the Southeast that year.
And Fairview went to Watson Chapel in the semis that year and beat them

WCN

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 04, 2017, 11:59:56 am
As soon as I posted I remembered the conferences had been renamed since then. They did beat lakeside, then greenbrier I believe. CF beat us and then lost to Greenwood in what I think was a huge comeback. Lr Mills gave Greenwood all they could handle that year, they finished second in the 5a southeast that year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas