• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville @ Valley View

Started by MrShakezzzz2014, October 27, 2017, 10:24:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrShakezzzz2014

Who wins this game and why? I'm taking VV at home in a close one. They have to win 1 against one of the big dogs

j-mann raider 02

i like batesvillie   VV off its too simple basic    should ran some misdirection  counter trey  screens   and right now batesvillie is the 4th best team in 5a     

Blazer51

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 27, 2017, 10:29:52 pm
i like batesvillie   VV off its too simple basic    should ran some misdirection  counter trey  screens   and right now batesvillie is the 4th best team in 5a   
Please learn how to properly type a sentence because I can't comprehend even part of this one.

Silver88

I think that VV loses a close one to Batesville. The Nettleton game was closer than the score. VV is definitely up this year but the East in general is down a little as well. Not to take anything away from VV but they are still not quite at Wynne and Batesville's level. Batesville seems to always get better as the season progresses and that's the same this year. Unfortunately for VV they always play them the last game of the year. Not sure about VV's health as well. I hear they have a few banged up so if that is true then I would say Batesville by 10-14. Not a blow out but a solid win for Batesville.

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 27, 2017, 10:34:04 pm
Please learn how to properly type a sentence because I can't comprehend even part of this one.

sorry i have cereal palsy RA  and chronic fatigue   my brain its foggy  on typeing   

Blazer51

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 27, 2017, 10:38:01 pm
sorry i have cereal palsy RA  and chronic fatigue   my brain its foggy  on typeing

Then my apologies for being a butt.

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 27, 2017, 10:44:03 pm
its np   i get it  a lot  when i blog on SBN  mostly NFL blogs   

it can be hard  esp on temp drops  like from 80's to 50's   

i wanted to be a sports brocaster but i sutter too much think porky pig or i talk too fast  i also have a very dry sence of humor    and honestly   i can pick up a lot of info from game films  and wouild drop hints  or be like tony romo in the booth   

A D M

Valley View has two offensive plays Walezonia up the middle with a qb keeper or Snell up the middle. Just stack the middle and stop those and they are whipped. They sure can't pass.

walkingguy72396

Comments lean towards Valley View will have trouble scoring.

3 touchdowns and a field goal total against Wynne and Nettleton.

I think Valley View will need 4 touchdowns and a field goal to beat Batesville.

Valley View defense will need to help out with a score or two.

If Batesville has trouble scoring they trot out the kicker for a 40 yarder.

That on its own might be the difference.

JessieP

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 27, 2017, 10:59:27 pm
its np   i get it  a lot  when i blog on SBN  mostly NFL blogs   

it can be hard  esp on temp drops  like from 80's to 50's   

i wanted to be a sports brocaster but i sutter too much think porky pig or i talk too fast  i also have a very dry sence of humor    and honestly   i can pick up a lot of info from game films  and wouild drop hints  or be like tony romo in the booth   

You do have concise points. Have you considered looking into being a spotter? If you didn't know, spotters sit in the booth behind the announcer/analyst and hand them notes during the broadcast (Aikman/Buck/Berman and others aren't that smart). You do pick up on trends and other things some people might miss. If you enjoy it, you obviously have skills, you should look into it.

Blazer51

Quote from: JessieP on October 27, 2017, 11:45:48 pm
You do have concise points. Have you considered looking into being a spotter? If you didn't know, spotters sit in the booth behind the announcer/analyst and hand them notes during the broadcast (Aikman/Buck/Berman and others aren't that smart). You do pick up on trends and other things some people might miss. If you enjoy it, you obviously have skills, you should look into it.

I second this. I've been reading multiple threads for the past couple hours and the guy makes some very good points.

PA Dad

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 27, 2017, 10:44:03 pm

+1.  I like a man who owns up and apologizes.

Poppy1493

Batesville took a while to figure there identity.  They play a tough non confrence schedule against three 6a schools.  The Nettleton played Batesville well the first confrence game and deserved the win.  If played now. The score may have been flipped.  VV will play tough.  They do every year against Batesville.  Batesville defense is very dangerous and there offense is balanced when they need to be.  Batesville 35-7 over Valley View.   Good luck to both team in the playoffs to both teams.

PA Dad

I've said since week 3 that Batesville would do what it always does and finish strong.  Batesville wins this one and goes at least to the semis and maybe to WMS.

The_Pioneer

That first round of East/Central matchups is going to be strong.  Too bad the West and South are sorry this year again.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on October 28, 2017, 09:06:49 pm
I've said since week 3 that Batesville would do what it always does and finish strong.  Batesville wins this one and goes at least to the semis and maybe to WMS.
You know I'm pretty optimistic about the Pioneers,  but your confidence in them held strong even when mine wavered after the Nettleton loss.  The improvement trajectory has been even steeper than usual, especially in the offensive line, though also in the improvement of what was a good defensive line into one that, is very good.  Coaches Rhodes (O-line) and Smith (D-coordinator) are truly a couple of the best assistant coaches in Arkansas, and both fine men, as well.

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: JessieP on October 27, 2017, 11:45:48 pm
that wouild be a good idea  only plom  is  i write funny kinda of too big block writeing and some letters i cant write   idk how any of my teachers read my writeing in school   

and the 2nd promlem i have a very weak immuse system  and if i am out in cold 40' 50 s dergee weather i get skin    its gotten better but anytime i go to a game  or something   i get a viral thing   

the funny thing is the nettleton raiders play by play guy   was my 10 grade history teacher   and he reads this webstie   

1 good thing about myseif i will say is my hearing its fantasic   

Chin Music

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 29, 2017, 08:15:16 am
That first round of East/Central matchups is going to be strong.  Too bad the West and South are sorry this year again.

The 3 seed in the East gets a road trip to LRCA and then a road trip to WC just to get to the semi finals.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 29, 2017, 07:08:01 pm
that wouild be a good idea  only plom  is  i write funny kinda of too big block writeing and some letters i cant write   idk how any of my teachers read my writeing in school   

and the 2nd promlem i have a very weak immuse system  and if i am out in cold 40' 50 s dergee weather i get skin    its gotten better but anytime i go to a game  or something   i get a viral thing   

the funny thing is the nettleton raiders play by play guy   was my 10 grade history teacher   and he reads this webstie   

Dude, I think your points are awesome!  I agree with the other posters here, you should talk to some guys about doing spotting or analysis for announcers.  You inspired me today brother!  God bless you in whatever your plans for the future are!

JessieP

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 29, 2017, 07:08:01 pm

Look into it. Technology has breakthroughs every day. Who knows what's coming next week. Apple is coming out with Goggles that they claim will do away with Dyslexia. If the brain is working fine then everything else can be overcome. It's obvious your brain is just fine.

redsport27

I honestly see Batesville winning by a touchdown...

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Chin Music on October 30, 2017, 12:16:37 pm
The 3 seed in the East gets a road trip to LRCA and then a road trip to WC just to get to the semi finals.

So the Batesville revenge tour?

RunninJoe

Heck of a game. Great ending. Congrats to the east for a great regular season.

Blazer51

Soooo I have video proof vv got robbed on the fumble in the late 4th. Anyone know how I can post a video on here? I know it doesn't change anything now but I would just like for everyone to see it. 😂

MDXPHD

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 04, 2017, 01:04:15 pm
Soooo I have video proof vv got robbed on the fumble in the late 4th. Anyone know how I can post a video on here? I know it doesn't change anything now but I would just like for everyone to see it. 😂

MDXPHD

You should join gov and y'all can talk about how Batesville and referees are always on the same page.

Poppy1493

The Batesville player did fumble but not unail forward momentum was stopped.  I understand the gripping.  If the roll were reversed Batesville had been gripping.  Alot of VV fans were shocked by the Batesville kicker.  He has been cosisyant all year making multiple 40+ all year.

walkingguy72396

I watched the replay on the cube.

That strip was a close call.  If you go for Batesville.  You say good call.

If you go for Valley View.  High-way robbery.

Also the defensive holding call during the winning drive.  At the time the ball got there.  The batesville player was pushing off in my opinion.  I suspect the holding was before that.

Like the Batesville Radio guys said.  The type of game that you feel bad for the losing team. The following is not an exact quote. On the other hand your really happy that your team won.

Rampage72501

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 04, 2017, 01:20:54 pm
I watched the replay on the cube.

That strip was a close call.  If you go for Batesville.  You say good call.

If you go for Valley View.  High-way robbery.

Also the defensive holding call during the winning drive.  At the time the ball got there.  The batesville player was pushing off in my opinion.  I suspect the holding was before that.

Like the Batesville Radio guys said.  The type of game that you feel bad for the losing team. The following is not an exact quote. On the other hand your really happy that your team won.

You obviously missed the initial hold at the line of scrimmage...DB turned the WR's shoulder.

Let's not even consider the 2 terrible PI calls earlier in the game to extend VV drives.

VVBlazer

The refs do not determine the outcome of the game; coaches game management, bad decisions, and poor execution does. High school football refereeing is almost always inconsistent with questionable calls throughout. It has been that way since forever. This game was no different. For the most part, the refs called a good game in this one. Bad calls went both ways for both schools. Batesville was called for holding multiple plays, defensive pass interference when it was clear as day offensive pass interference by VV receiver (the announced call was Off Int), no play allowed at the end of the half for Batesville when their was at least 1 second on the clock, etc. Valley View had a chance for a field goal at the 16 yard line on 4th and 2 early in the game that could have give them a 10 point lead, but chose to go for it and was denied. VV had an 8 yard punt in their own territory. VV Defense could not get a stop on too many 4th downs. This was a darn good football game. VV vs Wynne was a darn good football game. I am stoked that VV is finally becoming competitive again by playing inspired and with urgency. Go Blazers!

Rampage72501

Quote from: VVBlazer on November 04, 2017, 01:40:27 pm
The refs do not determine the outcome of the game; coaches game management, bad decisions, and poor execution does. High school football refereeing is almost always inconsistent with questionable calls throughout. It has been that way since forever. This game was no different. For the most part, the refs called a good game in this one. Bad calls went both ways for both schools. Batesville was called for holding multiple plays, defensive pass interference when it was clear as day offensive pass interference by VV receiver (the announced call was Off Int), no play allowed at the end of the half for Batesville when their was at least 1 second on the clock, etc. Valley View had a chance for a field goal at the 16 yard line on 4th and 2 early in the game that could have give them a 10 point lead, but chose to go for it and was denied. VV had an 8 yard punt in their own territory. VV Defense could not get a stop on too many 4th downs. This was a darn good football game. VV vs Wynne was a darn good football game. I am stoked that VV is finally becoming competitive again by playing inspired and with urgency. Go Blazers!

^^ Someone who gets it.

Personally, I think it was a mistake VV didn't go for 2 when they scored late in the game.

RunninJoe

What you couldn't see on the cube during that holding call was the fact that the receiver's jersey was stretched 6 inches to the side by the defender.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: VVBlazer on November 04, 2017, 01:40:27 pm

Well said.  It was nice to see another program step up in the East.  Now, go beat one of those stinky ol Central teams and let's meet again in a few weeks.

Blazer51

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 04, 2017, 01:06:56 pm

I guess I didn't add enough sarcasm in there for it to be caught. The game should not have come down the last minute. We had multiple missed opportunity's that could have won us the game. Congrats to batesville on the win and hope to see y'all make some noise in the playoffs! Maybe pa can have an off night ya somehow pull off an upset. But we will need to literally score 100 or everytime we touch the ball to have a chance.

Gravelbar

One more drive and I think VV might have won.  Batesville couldn't stop them the second half and especially the last 2 drives--VV ran over them and was pushing their defense around.  Batesville's kicker is the best in the state--he didn't even get close to missing that one.  Congrats to both teams, it was as good of a game as you could ask for.   Batesville is rolling right now and maybe it will continue in the playoffs...Go Pioneers !!

Blazer51

Quote from: Gravelbar on November 04, 2017, 03:52:06 pm
One more drive and I think VV might have won.  Batesville couldn't stop them the second half and especially the last 2 drives--VV ran over them and was pushing their defense around.  Batesville's kicker is the best in the state--he didn't even get close to missing that one.  Congrats to both teams, it was as good of a game as you could ask for.   Batesville is rolling right now and maybe it will continue in the playoffs...Go Pioneers !!

They're kicker is nuts! He literally kicked it over the uprights! I wa skins blown, does he have any offers?

JessieP

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 04, 2017, 01:04:15 pm

Please Please Please post your video proof. The refs had blown the whistle, please post it, you'll look like a whiny baby. And the defensive holding, that was an outrageous call, the crowd went crazy. The Batesville crowd that is, it was obviously pass interference. It should have been a 15 yard penalty instead of 5. The DB had pulled the receivers jersey to the point his teammate had to pull it back over his shoulder pads. I must say, it was a good play. He did what he was supposed to do, he was beat bad and the wr would have walked into the end zone. He had no choice but to grab the jersey. While your at it please post the video of Batesville being charged for 45 yards of penalties during VV drive to tie the game, show those as well. But at least show the fumble, and please include audio that shows the whistle being blown, a few whistles. Do you realize you have blamed bad officiating in the losses to Wynne, Nettleton and Batesville. You had 3 shots to become a legitimate East power, you went O-fer. The funny thing is Batesville had 3x's more penalties than VV, those darn refs.

Looking forward to hearing how the refs robbed you next week.

JessieP

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 04, 2017, 04:16:40 pm
They're kicker is nuts! He literally kicked it over the uprights! I wa skins blown, does he have any offers?

Not that I'm aware of. He is automatic from 50 yards in. Before the game he hit 2 55 yarders back to back, the VV side of the field was Oooing and Aweing. VV is so close to being great, think about it. They had both Wynne and Batesville on the ropes, they came withing seconds of beating them both. I know hindsight is 20/20 but looking back on it I thought VV should have gone for 2. They were getting 5 and 6 yards chunks every play. They had nothing to lose, roll the dice.

Blazer51

Quote from: JessieP on November 04, 2017, 04:40:54 pm
Please Please Please post your video proof. The refs had blown the whistle, please post it, you'll look like a whiny baby. And the defensive holding, that was an outrageous call, the crowd went crazy. The Batesville crowd that is, it was obviously pass interference. It should have been a 15 yard penalty instead of 5. The DB had pulled the receivers jersey to the point his teammate had to pull it back over his shoulder pads. I must say, it was a good play. He did what he was supposed to do, he was beat bad and the wr would have walked into the end zone. He had no choice but to grab the jersey. While your at it please post the video of Batesville being charged for 45 yards of penalties during VV drive to tie the game, show those as well. But at least show the fumble, and please include audio that shows the whistle being blown, a few whistles. Do you realize you have blamed bad officiating in the losses to Wynne, Nettleton and Batesville. You had 3 shots to become a legitimate East power, you went O-fer. The funny thing is Batesville had 3x's more penalties than VV, those darn refs.

Looking forward to hearing how the refs robbed you next week.

Are you really too stupid to read my other post? There were absolute horrible calls on both sides of the ball lastnight for both teams. We're you even at the game? Oh and ontop of that when have I blamed the refs at all this year for a loss outside of this one?

Gravelbar

Walzonia was carrying the ball plus 3 defensive players every time he ran.  He was just plowing his way forward--it was impressive. Their O line was blowing holes even I could have ran though...Well, maybe not, but they did--I haven't seen a player walk though untouched from within the 10yrd line on B'vile in a long time.  VV may have arrived--it looked like it at the end of the game last night.  Glad to see 3 or 4 good teams in 5A East this year.  B'ville is just hard to beat anytime though--they never quit.  A Pioneer never quits and the opposing teams coaches will tell their players that--you better come to play til the final whistle blows or you'll end up losing with zero's on the clock.  Last night wan't a fluke with that win, it's happened several times over the last few years.  I can't recall who it was--maybe Watson Chapel, but B'ville was down a couple of touchdowns with maybe 3 minutes left and we left early--not because of the score--but anyway, I got home and could hear those familiar fireworks going off..I thought surely not, but yep, they came back and won with within a couple of minutes...someone help me out with this if the will--I can't exactly recall the details on that one.

The_Pioneer

We did that to Alma once.  That one was fun. 

JessieP

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 04, 2017, 06:42:47 pm
Are you really too stupid to read my other post? There were absolute horrible calls on both sides of the ball lastnight for both teams. We're you even at the game? Oh and ontop of that when have I blamed the refs at all this year for a loss outside of this one?

Yes, I am stupid. Very very stupid. I mean scary stupid.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 04, 2017, 09:03:37 pm
Yes, I am stupid. Very very stupid. I mean scary stupid.

I'm very tempted but I'll leave that be.

JessieP

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 04, 2017, 06:42:47 pm

You came in loaded for Bear "How can I post the video", "I have proof of a bad call". You acted like you had a different angle from the grassy knoll. WalkingGuy naile it when he said Batseville see's it as a good call, VV see's it as a bad call. People with no dog in the fight all said you couldn't tell. Yet you acted like you had the Holy Grail. The ref obviously had blown the whistle, look at the video, Cedric has not on the ground, number #5 and # 77 were walking away when the ball came out. I don't think the ball was stripped, it looked like Cedric has willingly released the ball. Also, look at the video, 4 refs were pointing to the ground when he took off running. Now there was a jaw dropping moment, the defensive holding, how is that not PI? that penalty didn't matter, Nelson's kick would have gone from 50 yards. It was a good game, VV is for real. They just need to finish, 10 points the other way and their the top seed. Speaking of the kick, a VV poster (it may have been you) admitted they had never seen anything like that before. A 37 yard field goal and the ball was higher then the uprights. One of the refs told a parent after the game that he thought that kick would have been good from 60, Nelson is sick good.

On a side note, why do you feel the need to point out I'm stupid? I do have feelings. I can't help it. I come from a long line of stupid, married a stupid women, we have 3 stupid kids. I don't understand why you need to point it out? everri une heer nos i'M stoopid, is no cekrut, have a little emptythee for me.

MDXPHD

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas