• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can Southside make the Playoffs (Your very own thread)

Started by Oldbadger, October 21, 2017, 06:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

Okay, now get Kim Sung Moon off Greenwood and Benton Thread.lol  Here is you very own thread.

Baitshop

Thanks for the kind gesture Oldbadger, but I was not trying to turn the thread into a Southside thread....I was just responding to a question by High Voltage.

As I have said before, I don't hijack threads....I unpack them, flesh them out, and then enhance them...and if you can shoot a few fish in the barrel, then that's just gravy on the taters.

Oldbadger

Just joking with you guys.  Everything has been said about the Benton / Greenwood game anyway.lol

hogsanddogs

Baitshop

Ok, since Oldbadger, even as a joke, created this thread for me I am going to use it as a noteboard for the "what ifs" for my lowly, but beloved Mavericks. I've been ginning this in my head for 2 days and have to get it on something that I won't lose.

All of you UofG haters and bandwagon fans can just post away....you ain't bothering me.

Week #9 - Northside needs to be Cabot (2-3) to make Cabot 2-4 and NS 2-4.
                Southside needs to beat Central (1-4) to make SS 2-4 and Central 1-5

Week #10 - Cabot (3-3) loses to NLR (5-?) to make Cabot 2-5
               Southside (2-4) beats Northside (2-4) to make Southside 3-4 and Northside 2-5
               NLR beats a QB less Bryant in Week #9 and a off. depleted Cabot team in Week 10

Final 7A Central standings:
1. NLR
2. Bryant
3. Conway
4. Southside
5. Who Cares
6. Who Cares

Projected 7A West final standings:
1. Bennie/Bennie West
2. Bennie West/Bennie
3. Fayetteville
4. HarBer
5. Springdale/Rogers
6. Rogers/ Springdale

Round #1

Southside (H) vs. Rogers or Springdale (A) - Mav's WIN!

Round #2

Southside (A) vs. Bennie/Bennie West - both Bennie teams have benefitted from multiple TO's by HarBer and Fayetteville AND Southside has broken top ranked Bennie/Bennie West teams hearts at their place too often to recount.....Mav's WIN!

Round #3

Southside hopes for the other Bennie team or QB less Bryant team. Does NOT want to see HarBer or NLR. If former: Mav's WIN!....If the latter: Pray for a mononucleosis breakout at HarBer or NLR. Mav's WIN?

Round #4 aka State Championship game 

Well, I think that we all know what happens here....TRADITION takes over and the Southside Rebels...err, Mavericks bring home #8!

Aftermath:

Southside has big parade down Rogers Avenue, is presented their State Championship rings at the big awards dinner at Benson's Grill (2515 Rogers Ave.) hosted by John Gruden and Barry Lunney. Southside knocks out a wall into the gym to build new trophy case. Coach Jeff Williams is offered and accepts a 5 years/$20 million dollar contract to coach the Razorbacks and I take over for Chuck Barrett on the football broadcast.

Oh, Southside immediately signs a 10 year contract to play Pulaski Academy in the non-con season.     #SOUTHSIDEAIN'TSKEERED

Yep....that sounds about right. All that's left is a little 6 game winning streak and a phone call to my ol' buddy, John Gruden. I'll see you boys at the parade!         

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 26, 2017, 12:45:09 am
Ok, since Oldbadger, even as a joke, created this thread for me I am going to use it as a noteboard for the "what ifs" for my lowly, but beloved Mavericks. I've been ginning this in my head for 2 days and have to get it on something that I won't lose.

All of you UofG haters and bandwagon fans can just post away....you ain't bothering me.

1. NLR
2. Bryant
3. Conway
4. Southside
5. Who Cares
6. Who Cares

1. Bennie/Bennie West
2. Bennie West/Bennie
3. Fayetteville
4. HarBer
5. Springdale/Rogers
6. Rogers/ Springdale

Round #1

Round #2

Southside (A) vs. Bennie/Bennie West - both Bennie teams have benefitted from multiple TO's by HarBer and Fayetteville AND Southside has broken top ranked Bennie/Bennie West teams hearts at their place too often to recount.....Mav's WIN!

Round #3

Southside hopes for the other Bennie team or QB less Bryant team. Does NOT want to see HarBer or NLR. If former: Mav's WIN!....If the latter: Pray for a mononucleosis breakout at HarBer or NLR. Mav's WIN?

Well, I think that we all know what happens here....TRADITION takes over and the Southside Rebels...err, Mavericks bring home #8!

Aftermath:

Southside has big parade down Rogers Avenue, is presented their State Championship rings at the big awards dinner at Benson's Grill (2515 Rogers Ave.) hosted by John Gruden and Barry Lunney. Southside knocks out a wall into the gym to build new trophy case. Coach Jeff Williams is offered and accepts a 5 years/$20 million dollar contract to coach the Razorbacks and I take over for Chuck Barrett on the football broadcast.

Oh, Southside immediately signs a 10 year contract to play Pulaski Academy in the non-con season.     #SOUTHSIDEAIN'TSKEERED

Yep....that sounds about right. All that's left is a little 6 game winning streak and a phone call to my ol' buddy, John Gruden. I'll see you boys at the parade!         
You skeeeeered? I'll take that bet!

Baitshop

Dude, you haven't taken a bet yet.

There is a bet on the table, take that bet or take a hike. It matters not to me.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

1. NLR
2. Bryant
3. Conway
4. Southside
5. Who Cares
6. Who Cares

1. Bennie/Bennie West
2. Bennie West/Bennie
3. Fayetteville
4. HarBer
5. Springdale/Rogers
6. Rogers/ Springdale

Round #1

Round #2

Round #3

Aftermath:

You actually made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt.  Not as bad as your food made my stomach hurt the other day, but I still got a side stitch laughing at your post.  BTW, you couldn't hold Barrett's jock strap.  Other than that, everything is possible.  :)

Baitshop

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 08:59:27 am
You actually made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt.  Not as bad as your food made my stomach hurt the other day, but I still got a side stitch laughing at your post.  BTW, you couldn't hold Barrett's jock strap.  Other than that, everything is possible.  :)

I've got a feeling that you would have to spit out Barrett's jock strap before I could make a decision on whether I wanted to hold it or not...

I'll be honest with you, between TT's jock strap and Mr. Bridges jock strap, I'm surprised you have any room left for Barrett's jock strap....but, I guess for a man that is as infatuated with PA announcers jock straps, you've found a way...

BTW, probably the reason you probably don't like the taste of my food is because you can't get that sweaty jock strap taste out of your mouth....try Clorox, that's what we use to use back in my days at the 'wood to get sweaty nad smell out. I don't have any idea if it would solve that taste problem that you have though...

Jeep71

Quote from: Baitshop on October 26, 2017, 06:53:41 pm
I've got a feeling that you would have to spit out Barrett's jock strap before I could make a decision on whether I wanted to hold it or not...

I'll be honest with you, between TT's jock strap and Mr. Bridges jock strap, I'm surprised you have any room left for Barrett's jock strap....but, I guess for a man that is as infatuated with PA announcers jock straps, you've found a way...

BTW, probably the reason you probably don't like the taste of my food is because you can't get that sweaty jock strap taste out of your mouth....try Clorox, that's what we use to use back in my days at the 'wood to get sweaty nad smell out. I don't have any idea if it would solve that taste problem that you have though...
So that's why your teeth are so white

Baitshop

Clorox white strips.... God's gift to those that can't  afford a real dentist.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 27, 2017, 09:00:49 am #11 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:16:52 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: Baitshop on October 26, 2017, 06:53:41 pm

So we've FINALLY gotten to the bottom of it!   You used to chew on the Bulldogs jock straps when you were in High School.  And now you just can't take the taste out of your mouth!!!!   TRUTH COMES OUT!

BaitShop.........Circa 1993............."Hey coach, can I be the laundry guy for the football team?"  "Hee Hee Hee, Hee Hee" (low creepy voice)

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 26, 2017, 02:41:20 am
Dude, you haven't taken a bet yet.

There is a bet on the table, take that bet or take a hike. It matters not to me.
No, I put a bet out there and you chickened out!

Pr8hd

1. NLR
2. Bryant
3. Conway
4. Southside
5. Who Cares
6. Who Cares

1. Bennie/Bennie West
2. Bennie West/Bennie
3. Fayetteville
4. HarBer
5. Springdale/Rogers
6. Rogers/ Springdale

Round #1

Round #2

Round #3

Aftermath:

This was good satirical stuff...+1.

If only you had composed it in quatrains, you could be the next Nostradamus, Bait.

Pr8hd

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 27, 2017, 09:00:49 am

BaitShop.........Circa 1993.............

More like... late 70's early 80's at least on the circa range.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 27, 2017, 01:43:12 pm
More like... late 70's early 80's at least on the circa range.

I see what you did there..........tip toeing along huh?  :)

High Voltage

Well, looks like Southside will beat that powerhouse Central, but Northside isn't cooperating. Southside may get the 5th seed or maybe the 6th. Trophies are not won in September folks, just remember that!

Baitshop

....and for the UofG, trophies aren't won in December lately either...

#ifyouaintfirstyourelast

#runnerupequalsfailure

#nomoralvictories

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on October 27, 2017, 10:49:37 pm

#ifyouaintfirstyourelast

#runnerupequalsfailure

#nomoralvictories

#southsidesucks

#southsideforgothowtowin

#baitshopisawhiner

#slinghashandshutup

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 27, 2017, 09:23:58 pm
Well, looks like Southside will beat that powerhouse Central, but Northside isn't cooperating. Southside may get the 5th seed or maybe the 6th. Trophies are not won in September folks, just remember that!

Dadgum Grizzlies!! Cost the Mav's a 1st round home game...

Gonna make 'em pay for that next Friday night....

PrivateLesson

October 28, 2017, 05:54:25 am #20 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:58:16 am by PrivateLesson
You gonna beat the #hashtags out of 'em??    ;D

#Idontknowwhyapoundsignispopular  #Oldschool  :)

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 28, 2017, 01:33:33 am
Dadgum Grizzlies!! Cost the Mav's a 1st round home game...

Gonna make 'em pay for that next Friday night....
Still winning state though right?

Baitshop

Makes it tougher...especually if it is HarBer in Round 1.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on October 28, 2017, 11:22:39 am
#Southsidesucks

#Wontmakeitpastfirstround

#Maverickscangetreadyforhoops

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 28, 2017, 11:22:39 am
Harber is not that good, watched them in person.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 27, 2017, 10:49:37 pm

#ifyouaintfirstyourelast

#runnerupequalsfailure

#nomoralvictories
Yeah well we get there at least, Southside has no clue how to get there.
#ifyoura5seedyousuck
#5thplaceisafailure
#southsidecantevengetmoralvictories
#bringbackbarry
#isjeffreallyacoach?crazyhuh!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 29, 2017, 12:06:56 am
#ifyoura5seedyousuck
#5thplaceisafailure
#bringbackbarry

Call me when you haven't lost the State Championship game....AGAIN.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 29, 2017, 12:03:44 am
Harber is not that good, watched them in person.

You're right, they are not very good when they give up 7, 4, 5 turnovers in their 3 losses...

How 'bout this....how about the UofG do anything but get boatraced by HarBer before you start looking down your nose at them....

I continue to hear the rumblings of HarBer dropping Southside next year....maybe you boys could get off the phone with Roland and Muldrow and give ol' Coach Wood a call??

I think that you could add them to PA as another team that would be more than happy to take the UofG to the woodshed....

#SandSpringsSucks

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on October 29, 2017, 12:06:56 am
#ifyoura5seedyousuck
#5thplaceisafailure
#bringbackbarry
+1 Lolololololol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 29, 2017, 12:32:08 am
Call me when you haven't lost the State Championship game....AGAIN.
Call me when you make a state championship appearance again! Are you really this stupid? There is no argument you can make in defending Southside vs. Greenwood!

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 29, 2017, 12:43:29 am
You're right, they are not very good when they give up 7, 4, 5 turnovers in their 3 losses...

How 'bout this....how about the UofG do anything but get boatraced by HarBer before you start looking down your nose at them....

I continue to hear the rumblings of HarBer dropping Southside next year....maybe you boys could get off the phone with Roland and Muldrow and give ol' Coach Wood a call??

I think that you could add them to PA as another team that would be more than happy to take the UofG to the woodshed....

#SandSpringsSucks

Blah, Blah, Blah, there is a very good reason that Harber would want to drop Southside. Maybe because Southside does NOTHING, NADA in preparing them for conference play. They could schedule Hartford and get the same results! Oh wait, Hartford doesn't have football anymore, oh well neither does Southside! You have no clue as to who Greenwood schedules or doesn't. But I do know this, Greenwood boat races Southside every year, that "Big Boy" football team from Fort Smith, haha! I just don't get how Southside has fallen so low. No, just kidding I really do know!

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on October 29, 2017, 09:38:22 am
Call me when you make a state championship appearance again! Are you really this stupid? There is no argument you can make in defending Southside vs. Greenwood!
Yes, he really is that stupid.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 29, 2017, 02:36:23 pm
Yes, he really is that stupid.

GO BULLDOGS!!!
I think CJW's must have pictures of Bait in a compromising situation.

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on October 29, 2017, 03:14:53 pm
I think CJW's must have pictures of Bait in a compromising situation.
Yes, I'm sure it's something close to that. Sounds like he just might be an Antifa member as well. Ignorant and hostile!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

October 30, 2017, 08:28:19 am #34 Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:29:58 am by High Voltage
So, we all know now that Southside will be either the 5 or 6 seed. (Just like the Razorbacks this will more than likely get the coach an extension and raise cause the bar isn't very high anymore in Fort Smith. And honestly I hate that. I want them winning up there cause this is my neck of the woods.)

So the scenario plays out like this, Southside beats Northside they are the #5 seed and will get Springdale Harber @ Harber in the 1st Round. If Northside beats Southside then Southside gets the #6 seed and gets Fayetteville @ Fayetteville in the 1st Round and them Purple Dogs are coming on as of late. If Northside loses they are out as the winner of the Catholic vs Central game gets the #6 seed.

So Bait in your infinite wisdom does Southside have a chance, a real fighting chance. Being serious here now.

PrivateLesson

7AFBFAN

At least CJW is making changes on both sides of the ball to improve and give SS a chance to win. You never know what can happen come playoff time. Looking forward to Harber rematch.

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2017, 08:54:50 am
At least CJW is making changes on both sides of the ball to improve and give SS a chance to win. You never know what can happen come playoff time. Looking forward to Harber rematch.
What changes?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2017, 08:54:50 am

How long has CJW been coaching at SS?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: High Voltage on October 30, 2017, 08:58:24 am
What changes?

Different players. Some by necessity some not but making a difference. Brought in a young kid at fullback who is opening up holes. Also has a new package with two full backs one which is a tackle that is helpng. Defense tackling is getting better and one replacement last week did a great job. Defense looks more aggressive as the season progresses. They won't win a state championship this year but I can see them giving Harber a good game. We shall see.

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2017, 09:09:08 am
Different players. Some by necessity some not but making a difference. Brought in a young kid at fullback who is opening up holes. Also has a new package with two full backs one which is a tackle that is helpng. Defense tackling is getting better and one replacement last week did a great job. Defense looks more aggressive as the season progresses. They won't win a state championship this year but I can see them giving Harber a good game. We shall see.
You think they beat Northside?

Pr8hd

HB has been a Jeckyll/Hyde team as of late....so tough task, but maybe you get the struggling version. The 4 seed would obviously have been much more desirable draw.

I figure they will beat NS.  Earlier in the year I would have said maybe NS had a sleight edge. It appears that SS has progressed a little more than NS up to this point though.

High Voltage

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2017, 09:14:08 am
Yes without a doubt.
You know when GW played both there was no doubt in my mind that NS was better. Why has NS slipped so much?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: High Voltage on October 30, 2017, 09:17:30 am
You know when GW played both there was no doubt in my mind that NS was better. Why has NS slipped so much?

I am not sure. I don't try to compare games as most know sometimes teams just don't show up. If you want to base SS off that game alone I say NS wins by 21 plus. My way out there prediction not using GW as a measuring stick is SS wins easily. NS won't be able to score enough points to keep pace.

High Voltage

What is really funny is go to the FF hall of fame thread. Go lookup SS vs GW. Ole Bait could see the writing on the wall way back then. He had to talk about how much better the SS band was than the GW band. You know it's bad when you bring the band into the equation! ;D

7AFBFAN

Yep we have seen a few good games though. I think GW folks take some of that for granted and also count on replacing each team with a better one. Even the great Little Rock Central and Springdale programs have fallen on hard times in a short period of time. If you don't think it can happen to your team you are probably fooling yourself. The difference with me is I will support SS win or lose. Some teams would lose ALL support if their program took a dive.

Baitshop

HarBer has averaged 4.5 turnovers a game in their last five games. If Harbor give Southside four additional offensive opportunities, considering how much better southside's offense has been playing, I like their chances.

The problem is, if you beat HarBer, you have to go to North Little Rock. North Little Rock was easily the best team that I saw all year. We did beat them at their place in 06 when they were 9-1, but this North Little Rock team is the best team across the board that I have seen them have.

It is a much different row to hoe from the 5 seed then it would have been from the 4 seed. A first-round win against a 5 or 6 seed from the West would have set up a game versus one of the Bennie teams. Southside teams don't fear Benny teams regardless of their rankings over the years.

It will be difficult to find a way to the semi-finals from the 5 seed for the Mavericks.

I can live with the 5 seed as long as we end Northside season this Friday night. Obviously, last years Northside's win that ended a 12-game streak for Southside was embarrassing and they acted like they had won the state championship after the game. Ending their season would be a small but meaningful feather in the cap for this year's Maverick season.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 30, 2017, 11:07:37 am
HarBer has averaged 4.5 turnovers a game in their last five games. If Harbor give Southside four additional offensive opportunities, considering how much better southside's offense has been playing, I like their chances.

The problem is, if you beat HarBer, you have to go to North Little Rock. North Little Rock was easily the best team that I saw all year. We did beat them at their place in 06 when they were 9-1, but this North Little Rock team is the best team across the board that I have seen them have.

It is a much different row to hoe from the 5 seed then it would have been from the 4 seed. A first-round win against a 5 or 6 seed from the West would have set up a game versus one of the Bennie teams. Southside teams don't fear Benny teams regardless of their rankings over the years.

It will be difficult to find a way to the semi-finals from the 5 seed for the Mavericks.

I can live with the 5 seed as long as we end Northside season this Friday night. Obviously, last years Northside's win that ended a 12-game streak for Southside was embarrassing and they acted like they had won the state championship after the game. Ending their season would be a small but meaningful feather in the cap for this year's Maverick season.
Just a few takeaways from this post.

#1. I watched Harber vs.West. West was better on both sides of the ball. The line scrimmage on both sides West was much better. Harber cannot throw, or at least they couldn't vs. West. Harber is beatable and you had better hope you get the 5 rather than the 6 because you haven't a chance against Fayetteville. I actually think SS can beat Harber.

#2. If you would have gotten the #4 seed, this is a different era of Bennie teams. SS has no history against West. I saw both West and SS play and West is much better and their coaching staff is very good. SS may not fear Bennie, but beating either Bennie is not even doable for SS.

#3. You can live with the #5 seed as long as you beat NS? Is that what it has come down to in Fort Smith? Those are some pretty low expectations these days.

7AFBFAN

Should SS quit because they can't get the 1-4 seed? The good thing about their current team is they appear to give their all and have positive attitudes win or lose. I am pretty sure you will find plenty in Fort Smith with a desire to win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas